View Full Version : Dec 3-6 ride in da U.P.!

11-27-2009, 11:35 AM
I am looking to ride Dec. 3-6 in Mass city but could go to Eastern U.P. if you like.

I live in Wheaton, IL.

Forcast is looking good!

11-27-2009, 11:53 AM
Will be in the western UP the 5-6 if there is decent snow.

11-27-2009, 05:16 PM
Keep in mind the ground, and more importantly the swaps still need time to freeze in the Yoop. Lake Effect Fluff is nice, but it wont build a base, especially for the first ride of the season.


11-27-2009, 06:30 PM
Heck, I am even getting concerned about Tog. in 2 weeks. Kansas 70 degrees today. not good.

11-27-2009, 09:52 PM
Yep. Supposed to head to to Da UP, Eh on Friday the 4th. We are watching and praying for bitter cold and then a huge dump of snow. Probably a week too early the way it's looking. That will give me time to stud my wife's sled.

11-27-2009, 10:18 PM
The ground is never fully frozen for the opener in the UP. Still beats not riding.

11-27-2009, 11:57 PM
By the way it looks, the trails might not be open then.

11-28-2009, 08:59 AM
i was planing on going to rockland dec.13 thru 19. if the snow gods cooperate!<font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font>

11-30-2009, 08:00 AM
I am waiting for todays forecast to give me an indication of whether to go or not. If there is snow I will go. As for swamps that is true - that is why I stay in the high country. I will be in touch if it looks good!

11-30-2009, 11:14 AM
Okay - saw the forecast and not sure what to do. Thursday expeciting 4-8 &#40;thinking western u.p.&#41; Without system snow will this be enough? I imagine it will be the typical LES baby powder that gets kicked off the trail in an instant. If there is a little bit of base from the previous snows left I don&#39;t mind weaving around a few mud holes.

My problem is I have the days off and work could get busy and I may not be able to come to the U.P. for the rest of the year... oh - and I bought a sled yesterday!

11-30-2009, 11:31 AM
Yamaha or ski-doo?

11-30-2009, 11:56 AM
2003 ski doo rev 800 with a summit tunnel extension and a 136&#34; 2&#34; track...

11-30-2009, 07:24 PM
I am bailing - going the next weekend....

12-04-2009, 11:03 AM
Wakefield on Monday. Gonna give it a shot. Hoping to see some snow mid-week. Last year it really got good and no one was around the second week of Dec.