PDA

View Full Version : Looking for people in NW IL

blazin4kix
12-12-2009, 12:07 AM
hello looking for people to ride with in northwest il and south west wisconsin. Seems like always short on someone to ride with. Love to ride not really into spending all my time in the bars. Anyways if your interested in riding let me know im pretty flexible thanks

local897
12-12-2009, 06:45 AM
green county trails are open! head there. lots or rail roal beds to ride. I would be up there but still working on my sled. Andrew

25lieb
12-12-2009, 10:50 AM
I'm usually down for riding anywhere. About the only time i spend in a bar while riding is to eat or take a pit stop.

blazin4kix
12-12-2009, 11:27 AM
sounds cool why dont ya email me Id like to go out tonight or tomorrow or both gonna be gone for awhile this morning by the way im over in cedarville blazin4kix@hotmail.com

harvest1121
12-12-2009, 11:35 AM
We are going to Monroe Wi tomorrow if anyone is interested. We are coming from around Joliet.

sean34590577
12-12-2009, 11:41 AM
I'd be happy to show you around the mt.morris,polo,oregon,il trail system have a pretty good group and some nice trails. Let me know. Sean

harvest1121
12-12-2009, 12:46 PM
Are the Illinois trails open? I would be glad to ride tomorrow on them with you. There are 2 of us coming from Joliet

blazin4kix
12-12-2009, 04:15 PM
Yes trails are open and in good shape here

blazin4kix
12-12-2009, 04:23 PM
Ok well sounds like tomorrow is gonna be good I have your number i will call we can start out here at my place im right on the trail

local897
12-13-2009, 01:06 PM
Heard that trails were groomed two nights ago. Harvest hope you go pictures that is my old stomping ground! Lived in Brodhead for 10+ year before moving to the Quid Cities. I will have to hook up with you for some riding in the madison area this winter. Ride out of Milton up koshkonong, rock river too so big open play areas! Andrew

harvest1121
12-13-2009, 05:50 PM
Trails just took a beating from traffic and the weather. It was not a bad ride to get it out of your system. Just took 1 picture when we had them unloaded. Thanks Kevin for showing us around.

blazin4kix
12-18-2009, 11:43 PM
Hey thanks for coming down to my neck of the woods sorry the weather didnt cooperate but I still had fun. Snow is hopefully coming near christmas so hopefully trails will be good. By the way still looking for people interested in riding when trails open up again so let me know always up for a ride

rtippett33
12-19-2009, 01:20 PM
Hey look me up I'll ride. I'm always looking for new riders closer then the U.P. I live in Manito IL near Pekin IL. Where are you from again?

blazin4kix
12-20-2009, 05:52 PM
Im in cedarville just north of Freeport Only 15 miles from wisconsin border. We actually have a pretty good trail system and I live on the main trail that runs right up into wisconsin so as long as there is snow its not bad to ride around here

snot
12-20-2009, 08:24 PM
Hey blazin4 I sent you an email. Did you get it? I requested some trail info over by Cedarville. Thanks

blazin4kix
12-20-2009, 11:47 PM
Yup got your email and responded thanks

harvest1121
12-21-2009, 12:45 AM
I was suprised at the trail system. I will give you a call when we get snow again.

rtippett33
12-21-2009, 12:57 AM
Thats kool......its not that far of a drive well compard to driving to Houghton MI all the time. I have rode the Hennepin canal couple of times but you are talking about the Jane Addams trail system right? I heard its a nice trail system never rode it myself but like to some time. Are you guys looking at getting some snow this coming weekend I know here in central IL we got like 2" on the ground just from today. Well hope we keep in touch love to ride up there sometime.

blazin4kix
12-21-2009, 06:28 PM
Well we are hoping to get more snow then rain we have a good base now so if we can get at least four inches by the end of the week its gonna be great. And the jane adams trail itself is just the mail trail that runs north into wisconsin kinda like the bearskin trail up in northern wisconsin its an abandoned railroad bed but its nice because we have all kind of trails running off it. Its not as nice as up north obviously but we are very fortunate that the clubs do a great job adding and maintaining trails here. Also Im only a hop skip and jump from wisconsin so we ride up there all the time. So anyone interested just let me know like I said hopefully day after christmas should be good snow again.

blazin4kix
12-22-2009, 01:04 PM
Cool got about 4 to 5 inches here so trails will be good will have to hurry up and ride in case we get the rain they are talking about on wed night and thursday. So trails will be good for a day or two now.

snocat_02
12-22-2009, 02:18 PM
Usually always looking for people to take the journey up the UP. Dont take the sleds out to much in Illinois. I usually try and head up there 6 times a year. Last year put on 1800 miles in the UP. I'm from Morris.

blazin4kix
12-23-2009, 10:22 PM
wow 6 times thats alot of driving thats cool though. I would definately like to go up that way but if theres snow here I will definately ride. Like I said for me its easy I open my garage through the yard and onto the trail so lifes not bad. Hopefully after the rain stops we will get enough snow thursday night and friday but we will just have to see

running rich
12-24-2009, 08:17 AM
I'd be happy to show you around the mt.morris,polo,oregon,il trail system have a pretty good group and some nice trails. Let me know. Sean

sean my buddy has 42" camper in oregon camp ground I dont no the name of the place, any way if the weather good more snow were coming up sat morn 12-26 if intersted in ridin let me no orich90@yahoo.com tks rich happy holidays to all

blazin4kix
12-25-2009, 06:16 PM
How depressing rain really killed everything around here. The ground is still white but doesnt look good for the trails. Maybe a christmas miracle will happen and we will be able to squeeze out like four inches. Temperature dropped probably ten degrees in an hour here earlier so everything is iced up now. Anyways keep thinkin snow and maybe. Hope everyone is having a merry christmas!!!

blazin4kix
12-26-2009, 05:52 PM
well looks like we got just enough snow to go bout four inches. Hopfully enough frozen ground. Well think im gonna go if anyone interested get ahold of me.

25lieb
12-30-2009, 05:23 PM
I'm trying to round up a posse to go riding tomorrow (12/31) during the day. I'm thinking about leaving pearl city at noonish. if anyone is interested, let me know.

blazin4kix
12-30-2009, 06:36 PM
dang wish I was gonna be around otherwise friday night all weekend I can ride. Might go out tonight heard over by stockton and warren trails are not too bad. I do know you really have to be on the lookout in the ditches and anywhere near rivers or streams. Lots of water around ride with caution.

blazin4kix
01-02-2010, 11:02 AM
Well temps are good hopefully keep trails in decent shape gonna do some riding today. If anyone is interested in the coming week let me know. Give you a trail report here when we get back.

25lieb
01-02-2010, 05:21 PM
A couple of us went out today. We went from pearl city to lena, over to the jane addams trail back to pc, then went down to loran to kent and back to pc. Trails are in decent shape, the groomer has been out around pc.

CAUTION:There is a bridge out just east of Flack rd between pc and kent. To get around it, you have to take the ditch around flack rd to dublin and come down 73 to where you cross the highway. Also, a bridge east of pc on the freeport trail has been lifted up on the west side, so you have to pick your skis up onto the bridge to get across going east.

snot
01-03-2010, 09:32 AM
Thanks Jon for the FYI on the bridge. I probably go out today. Should get up to 10 or so.

25lieb
01-03-2010, 04:44 PM
Just got word the bridge by kent is back open. There was a big log across it and it has been removed.

erkoehler
01-03-2010, 04:47 PM
Saw the groomer out in wonder lake yesterday.

blazin4kix
01-09-2010, 06:39 PM
Ok going to go out tomorrow starting cedarville around tenish and heading west wanna go to galena dubuque area will be an all day ride for sure anyone interested in tagging along let me know

snot
01-09-2010, 09:59 PM
I'm in for a awhile.

blazin4kix
01-09-2010, 11:26 PM
Thats cool email me blazin4kix@hotmail.com I can give ya a call like I said gonna leave here around ten and head west can meet up here or pick up where your at along the way not sure where your at anyone else interested let me know if you wanna trailer here I have plenty of parking but like I said Im going for an all day affair

blazin4kix
01-09-2010, 11:27 PM
oops sorry tim didnt realize it was you haha got all excited Ill call ya in the morning

25lieb
01-10-2010, 11:51 AM
wish i woulda seen this last night, im lookin for someone to go out with today. oh well, ill probably head out alone today and cruise around.

blazin4kix
02-05-2010, 11:11 AM
Well just found out poker run for pearl city cancelled for saturday bummer!! Looks like we will have snow for the weekend the trails are on the edge of ridable if we get the 2-3 this afternoone I think around here will be ok. Otherwise keep my fingers crossed next week they are talking 3-7 monday tuesday which would be great! Cedarville has a poker run planned for next saturday so if we get a decent snow beginning of the week temps are supposed to drop so should be a go. Have to keep my fingers crossed. Just got back from up around tomahawk area had a great time put on about 530 miles thur fri and sat.

blazin4kix
02-08-2010, 11:11 PM
Snow baby snow. Looks like a sizeable storm 6 to 10 inches so hopefully the cedarville poker run will be on for saturday!!!!!!!!!!

25lieb
02-09-2010, 06:23 PM
I'm not sure how much we got here, but it's nice and heavy, so it will pack well on the trails. hopefully we can get some lighter stuff to fall when the temps drop some more.

blazin4kix
02-09-2010, 09:26 PM
Id say up here about six to seven inches so should be a go for the poker run Also forgot to mention to anyone riding over in the cedarville area the cedar inn is now closed so fuel only here

harvest1121
02-09-2010, 09:29 PM
I would head to Cedarville but will be in Mass City for the weekend. If anyone is looking to ride that area blazin4kix knows the area well.

blazin4kix
02-10-2010, 09:18 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cedarville Snow Travelers Poker Run Will Start At 11:00 Am .check In At Route 20 Bar And Grill By 7:00 Pm Dj, Hog Roast 13 Stops 10.00 Donation. Call 815 239 1853 Or 815 821 2329 Baymont Inns And Suites Has Discount For Poker Run 815 599 8510

Good deal everyone looks like it is a go! We got I would have to say six to seven inches looks real good gonna try it out tonight. If anyone is interested in the poker run I posted the information from the president of the club right there. Also if you trailer in and are looking for a place to drop your trailer theres all kind of space around here for that. If anyone interested in riding in the mean time let me know Hopefully Ill be out tonight kinda wanted to head west go up around durand up to twin grove and juda havent made that run yet this year

blazin4kix
02-11-2010, 09:36 PM
Ok everyone snow is good trails are ready poker run on saturday it should be fun also anyone interested in doing some riding in between let me know Im available mostly nights during the week hope alot of people come out to the poker run should be fun put on about 50 miles last night went out for a quick ride plenty of snow thats for sure

blazin4kix
02-15-2010, 10:27 PM
Just recieved an email about an upcoming radar run wanted to pass it on to anyone interested

Feb 21 Radar run At Prairie Lake Country Club.
For more information, call 815-795-6202 or check our website at www.ilvalleywintersportsclub.com
Please pass this on to anyone interested

Also good weekend riding put on around 230 or so this weekend had a great time on the poker run it was fun. Trails to the north of route 20 seem to be holding up ok the further north you get the better

blazin4kix
02-20-2010, 10:28 PM
Im Excited winter storm warnings are posted and I cant wait right in the heart of the storm six to ten with areas possible getting over 12 Get the sleds ready should be some good riding this week

25lieb
02-21-2010, 07:52 PM
then again, maybe not. looks like we'll have to go south if we want the snow.....(sad face)

blazin4kix
02-22-2010, 08:16 AM
Yeah that really sucks!!!! I was all excited but now just dissapointed. Not even enough to bother getting the plow out. Well just have to keep hoping.

blazin4kix
12-06-2010, 12:29 AM
Ok first snow of the year Im pumped anyone out there looking to ride?

sledrider103
12-06-2010, 10:48 AM
trails are closed until dec.15th, dnr is out giving big fines

harvest1121
12-06-2010, 02:36 PM
We had friends get checked by the dnr in Channahon and did not say anything about being on the I & M canal.

blazin4kix
12-07-2010, 11:44 PM
Our area Unless changed is open November 15th has always been. Now East of the Jane Adams and Up in Wisconsin is Dec 15.

muss
12-08-2010, 06:26 PM
Hey, I am looking for someone to ride with in the Sterling/polo/Morrison area this weekend if we get the snow they are talking about on Sat. Maybe a Sunday ride Dec12th I don't think the trails are open yet but would be willing to trailer somewhere in this area if Anyone has any riding ideas, my usual riding buddy's sled is down and I am getting th itch. Is thE canal open? I have never tried it? I live just off the trail near lake view golf course in Sterling. Let me know if you want to ride!...thanks

skidooking
12-09-2010, 09:39 AM
Muss, the trails up here are closed till next Wednesday, they suck right now, we only received 4.5" last weekend. We finished marking them on Saturday. I am tied up this weekend, driving to Platteville for the son's football banquet Sunday, Mark said he was going to Dutch Hollow this weekend, I know the trails there are closed as well. Probably just ditch bang if you need to get seat time! Be careful of the culverts, a ski in one of them will end your season. Take care my friend! Craig

jbammon68
12-09-2010, 10:38 AM
Maybe a Sunday ride Dec12th I don't think the trails are open yet but would be willing to trailer somewhere in this area

If we get the snow we are forecast, Green County WIwill open up again. (not far at all if you need to get some seat time) you can always check the website for trail status:

www.statelinetrailblazers.com

blazin4kix
12-09-2010, 06:37 PM
If your looking for some riding and we get some decent snow just PM me Im pretty close to the border to wis sterling is only 50 minutes So lets see what the weather does and Ill find some places to ride.

muss
12-09-2010, 07:36 PM
Looks like were not getting much now anyway, at least here according to the local forecasters. Blazin, It looks like you may get more your way, Would you send me a pm late Sat and let me know if it's worth trailering up there on Sunday and verify you want to ride.
Thanks. Jbam thanks for the link.

blazin4kix
12-10-2010, 08:25 AM
I sure will wait and see yeah looks like central wisconsin is the winner this round. Oh well may have to take a trip up north sooner then later

blazin4kix
12-10-2010, 11:10 PM
Oh Yeah new weather models are in just changed northern IL to the 6 to 12 Snow Baby Snow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kentamyus
12-13-2010, 07:30 AM
lookin to come up from central il this thurs the 16th, trails still good??

blazin4kix
01-11-2011, 07:36 PM
Just wanted to remind everyone that Cedarville is having its annual poker run coming up on the 22nd of Jan. I am going to see if I can dig up the flyer and post it here not sure what the no snow date is. Its a good time. Also looks like possible have enough snow to ride sat night or sunday have to keep fingers crossed. Always looking to ride so let me know if we have snow Im usually available.

blazin4kix
01-18-2011, 01:37 PM
We got about 7" here in Cedarville yesterday looks good supposed to get some more snow on thurs and possible again Sat so it looks like it will be a go for the poker run

muss
01-29-2011, 11:25 PM
Hey everyone in NW Illinois, looks like some good snow coming in Tue Feb 1st, If anyone wants to meet up and ride the weekend of Friday 4th or Sat the 5th. Leave a message, Maybe we can get a good size group together.

blazin4kix
01-31-2011, 07:57 PM
Id love to gonna be up north get back on Sunday Ill be free all next week though always looking for people to ride with

muss
02-01-2011, 08:25 AM
That is what usually happens to me, the week you plan on going North we get snow here!
Kind of Ironic,the week you get back I will be heading North! Maybe the week after!