PDA

View Full Version : Any 2 wheeled off roaders looking forward to spring

Pages : [1] 2

sledhd1
03-13-2009, 12:18 AM
this video should get you pumped for springhttp://promoto.tv/exfinals.html

ezra
03-13-2009, 12:27 AM
the 2 wheeled guys around my house run them all winter on the lake with studs .I have rode some buds on the ice wild how well thay hookup.

asmski
03-13-2009, 09:54 AM
I pulled my parts out last weekend to start getting my two wheeler back together.

canon
03-13-2009, 10:00 AM
2 wheelers are the only way to go.

nothing like passing the training wheel
crew in the woods and given um some
fresh dirt 4 lunch..

keep it side ways...

michaeladams
03-13-2009, 11:03 AM
KDX 250,tame bike for an old guy.you can be in the wrong gear and it still pushes you up that hill.love it.i ride at knobby ridge,deracuse in adams county and arkansas wisconsin several times a year.thats not how you spell deracuse but i know how to get there

fish633
03-13-2009, 11:16 AM
KDX'S Best trail bike ever built hate to see them go.A hand full of us hit the up a couple times a year.anyone wanting to join the fun are alway's welcome.Have done knobby a couple of times.There are some new single track loops over in jackson co. that look interesting.

sledhd1
03-13-2009, 11:20 AM
Michaeladams I am 48 and still love to ride even do a couple enduro and harescrambles a year. You dont get old because you ride you get old because you dont. keep on riding

ybuy
03-13-2009, 03:27 PM
I'm 51 and ride a 01KDX200 in the U.P. when ever I can. Tried a few times last year to hook up with ranlam and nytro but s*** always came up with me at the last minute.
I can only hope it's better this year.

ranlam
03-13-2009, 03:41 PM
ybuy... Hopefully we can hook up this year. Get fish633 and nytro and we will have a nice little group. Any one else?

sledhd1
03-13-2009, 07:31 PM
Ybuy kdx200 one of the best off road bikes of all time Jeff Freddette has 25 six day medals at least 20 were won on KDX 200

ybuy
03-13-2009, 08:12 PM
michaeladams... try this site:http://www.kdxrider.net/forums/

All these people on here will get your 250 running like you want, if needed.

ranlam: I better not start planning now,I might BLOW UP.

neil
03-14-2009, 12:50 PM
I'm into dirt bikes too. I've rode at Knobby Ridge a few times and Arkansaw also. One of my favorites is Nemadji State forest in Mn, near duluth.
What kind of riding is there for bikes in the UP. All I've been able to find is the multi use trail, which sounds boring. Do any of you guys do any singletrack riding ?
Neil

ranlam
03-14-2009, 08:54 PM
neil... there is great riding to be done on the MI-TRALE Pioneer trail and other great little areas shown on the MI-TRALE map. Email me if you wish to hook up and ride sometime this summer. I rode alot in Wisc. but I found the most technical riding in the UP.

mrfirecat
03-15-2009, 01:46 AM
I am looking forward to getting my KTM out in the woods. Hopefully very soon.

neil
03-15-2009, 02:22 AM
Thanks Ranlam
Hopefully I'll be able to take you up on that offer. Where in the UP do you usually ride?

MrFirecat what kind of KTM?

I have a XC-W 250

sledhd1
03-15-2009, 09:17 PM
Randy was wondering where the Pioneer trail is located

ranlam
03-15-2009, 10:07 PM
sledhd1...Bergland to Rockland, Trail head is about 2 miles east of Bergland on the North Side of M28. IF your were to cross ref. with the snowmobile map it would be similar to trail 13. I ride from White Pine(E and PF trail) and hook up with the Pioneer trail and it is a good technical ride.

neil...this is the area I ride in. It is the most technical of the trails and I can ride from my garage in White Pine to Mass City to Bergland then back to White Pine and that is an outstanding ride.

Both of you guys should come UP and give it a try, Nytro and I ride alot together and are always looking for other guys to ride with. I've got a XR 400 and Nytro has a WR400.

Then you can see how good MI-TRALE is doing and maybe even think about joining. We need more dirt bikers in the club.

nytro_rtx
03-16-2009, 04:35 PM
ranlam,
we need to try to get a weekend set up when all these guys can come up and we can show them around. the riding is great all over up there.

ezra, ice riding is a blast, and yea the traction is amazing. here's a pic from a couple years aga. i haven't had time the last couple years to ride(bought a place in white pine so spend every weekend sledn) but kept my tires and fenders so it's an easy switch.
http://www.johndee.com/discuss/messages/9/106676.jpg

fish633
03-16-2009, 05:02 PM
I will second the "weekend" idea let's start by choosing a month. throw it out there to see what sticks.3rd week in may looks like a good start any one else?

nytro_rtx
03-16-2009, 05:57 PM
fish,
3rd weekend in may should work for me, alls i have to do is check my hillclimb schedule. i'll try to check it out tonight.
nytro

fish633
03-16-2009, 06:27 PM
Nytro
Please do.We both live in n-ill I think.do you do variety rider's event?

ranlam
03-16-2009, 07:51 PM
I got out today went right down the snowmobile trail but only the short sections in and out of town where it is thin and is also atv legal. Found a leatherman multi tool on the trail I know you want it nytro. Talked to some guy on a sled and that was all he was doing today was treasure hunting, snowmobilers have alot of pockets to close and sometimes we forget to close all of them. Felt good to ride again, went down some backroads prolly put on about 30 miles today. Got really wet. 3rd weekend in May is great, we'll be getting muddy.

mrfirecat
03-17-2009, 12:53 AM
Neil,

I currently have a 300 MXC. I would like to get either a new 300 XC or XC-W. Not sure which direction to go yet. I love the torque of the 300. How do you like your 250 XC-W?

neil
03-17-2009, 11:07 AM
I would have bought a 300 if I'd have been able to find one, but not sure if I'd have liked it better. My 250 has plenty of torque and low end power. I imagine I'd like the increased lower end of a 300, following the "bigger is better" theory, but I know I'm nowhere near getting the potential out of my 250

fish633
03-17-2009, 12:37 PM
The 300 will easily pull a gear higher than the 250 in the same conditions.I felt the 250 to be quite a bit pipey'r than the 300.The 300 is a more linear power curve with out the lightswirch hit.Most guy's racing enduro's prefer the 200.Very light feeling and flickable but keeping it spooled up can be a handful.I really like the ktm 300 that I was lucky enough to ride.GasGas will be also be on the list when replacement time comes.The kdx is the best enduro bike I have owned so far and with all the mods and tuning figured out it is gonna be hard to change.
Mark Randy are we thinking may 16-17 or 23-24?The cp2r thing looking at the map a support vehicle would make it a lot more doable in 2 day's by not having to backtrack or lose time in transfer stages.Do you agree?

ybuy
03-17-2009, 03:58 PM
I am not looking at my MI TRALE map as of right now but, if it helps the cp2r ride, overnight at my place in Florence Wi.54121

neil, mrfirecat, A 250 and a 300 pumpkin. SAAWEEETT!!

ranlam
03-17-2009, 06:13 PM
Yeah definatly a support vehicle. That would be very cool to have a group of us. Alot of road and corridor riding but with great scenary and for a good cause.

sledhd1
03-18-2009, 12:19 AM
I would be very interested in the ride in May. I have a WR450. Have always had 2 strokes. road the Parts Unlimited U.P ride last fall in Marquette I like it better with the more time I spend on it.Thanks RanLam for the info on trail location what kind of riding can one anticcapate?

ranlam
03-18-2009, 12:55 AM
Fish... any of those weekends are great, you gather and submit a plan and we'll see if we can do it.
Sledhd1..that WR has to be sweet, I really want a 450 also.

nytro_rtx
03-18-2009, 01:54 PM
ranlam, you lucky dog, got out for a ride already. i did pull the wr out of the back of the garage and plan to get out an evening or 2 this week and then more over the weekend.

sledhd1, wr 450 is a sweet ride, i ride a wr 400 and absolutly love it, it"s been bullet proof and i ride the crap out of it all the time. i'm looking to buy a yz450f and leaving my wr up north so i don't have to haul back & forth all the time. plus i'm looking for the extra power for hillclimbing.

where do you guys from no. illinois ride at? i'm always looking to ride with new people and at diferant places.
nytro

p.s. ranlam like the profile pic, what a day that was. can't wait to do it again next year or again this year if we get a april dump.

fish633
03-18-2009, 03:18 PM
Buffalo Rock,Fox Valley,Little Egypt,Knobby Ridge,Cheq.national forest,Ottawa national, Lower Mich trail system,Leaf River,Hatfield-McCoy

nytro_rtx
03-18-2009, 04:01 PM
fish, do ride the poker run and the enduro out of leaf river? the poker run was a blast last year but i didn't ride the enduro, rode it in the years past and plan to ride it again this year. I also rode the state championship hare scramble at fox valley(i think it the same place) a few years ago. we'll have to hook up and ride sometime and hopefully we all can make it up and ride together in the up.
nytro

fish633
03-18-2009, 04:52 PM
Have done leaf river enduro in the past when it was still at the club grounds.Last Nov did poker run 2 laps had a riot.

fish633
03-18-2009, 04:55 PM
Have done leaf river enduro in the past when it was still at the club grounds.Last Nov did poker run 2 laps had a riot. Still need to put front wheel bearings in the kdx.have not even started on the other two bikes I will email you tonight from home and maybe we can set something up

nytro_rtx
03-18-2009, 05:29 PM
yea shoot me a e-mail and we'll get something setup. i'm ready to ride!! we did 2 laps also, looking forward to this years run already.
nytro

ranlam
03-18-2009, 08:19 PM
The only way I can see to do the CP2R ride without a support vehicle is in three days of heavy riding. This is some figuring I did today.
1.White Pine to Houghton to Bergland, (I've done this by myself 2 years ago) this is about a 160-180 mile round trip would cover E,PF,P,BN trails.
2.Marenisco to Iron River to Land O Lakes (would have to trailer to Marenisco), my guess is about a 130-150 round trip. This would cover IRM,LL trails.
3.Bergland to Sidnaw and see about the CR & CE loop is around 120 miles round trip. This would cover B,CE,CR trails.
For a support vehicle to cover us would be a crap load of miles that person would have to drive.
This is a very ambitious plan and if it were covered in three days would have to be a record that prolly would never be beat. Not to mention we would have some pretty sore sacks. But I dont use my sack anymore anyway so lets ride.
Skip, do the CR and CE trails make a legal loop back to the B trail? Are they roads or trails?

canon
03-18-2009, 08:25 PM
The support vehicle!

http://www.johndee.com/discuss/messages/9/106909.jpg

ranlam
03-18-2009, 08:32 PM
That is the best looking support vehicle I have ever seen! Canon you driving it, my bike and I will be in the back!

canon
03-18-2009, 09:15 PM
Im thinking a couple of days on the bike after
walleye fishing for a week sounds pretty good.

So..

The weekend of the 23 rd looks pretty good for me.

How about setting up camp and tearing up some
nice state forest for a weekend instead of the 2 day
ball buster??

That Menomonee County has some good riding
and walleyes..

sledhd1
03-18-2009, 10:29 PM
Fish633 I have been at the last 2 leaf river poker run / Dual sport ride last year there was some new trail cut was very good. have you ever run the naked city enduro in Indiana called the summer bummer?

mrfirecat
03-18-2009, 11:07 PM
I'm in Northern IL as well. I mostly ride at Fox Valley Riding Park just north of Ottawa. www.foxvalleyoffroad.com (http://www.foxvalleyoffroad.com) I am usually there every other Saturday and once in a while on a Sunday. I also occasionally ride at The Cliffs in Marseilles.

fish633
03-19-2009, 12:44 PM
Sure have,also done the jack pine and loose moose.Leaf river was very interesting last year bad day for honda's.saw one guy drench in the creek on the off camber section that ran paralell to the creek.Had another one right in front of me in the corn feild close to the end crash at mach 1.Literally rode throuh the flying debris.Must of hit something cause one minute he was 20 feet infront of me and a second later he flippin endo style.the third guy just melted a piston.
I am open to just about any riding the cp2r was a suggestion.but let's ride.
may 22-25 will work for me as i will be coming up the weekend before.
randy will the konteka have rooms avail on 5-23 and 5-24?

fish633
03-19-2009, 12:53 PM
If any of you are into mx gogebic county fair grounds has open practice on thurs evenings in ironwood.It is a very good track.

ranlam
03-19-2009, 01:53 PM
fish.....absolutely, smoking or non..just kidding. Your in the books for that weekend. You bringing your boy?

nytro_rtx
03-19-2009, 03:00 PM
looks like the weekend of may 23 will work for me also. waiting to find out 1 race date not listed yet, but that would be the only thing stopping me.
nytro

fatdaddy
03-19-2009, 04:17 PM
Guys,

Can I join ya, I have a cabin in Presque Isle,WI and I'd love to try riding the UP. I have a CRFX 450 and my son rides a Yami TTR 110. I not sure about riding 180 miles but we join ya for a good days ride for sure. Let me know. Heck maybe my wife and daughter will come as well. wife has an XT 225 enduro and my girl rids a TTR 125 with electric start LOL

ranlam
03-19-2009, 08:46 PM
fatdaddy...any weekend you want to we will gladly show you and your family the Pioneer trail. We could ride from White Pine to Mass City to Bergland and back.

sledhd1
03-19-2009, 09:40 PM
Mrfirecat. Fox valley off road has a nice harescrambles series. I may be at the park this sunday.

fish633
03-19-2009, 09:44 PM
Ranlam
Not sure about my kid.I'll know more in a couple days.Please mark me in for sat and sunday night.

mrfirecat
03-20-2009, 12:42 AM
sledhd1,

That they do. I have never been in one of their harescrambles but I have ridden the marked out course the day before the race. Me and couple buddies were thinking about riding there this Saturday.

nytro_rtx
03-20-2009, 03:34 PM
would like to get down to fox valley and ride with u guys sat. but i don't think i can make it this weekend, have to get a few things i've been blowing off all winter done at home. maybe next time. shoot me an e-mail next time your going and i will do everything i can to join you.
nytro

ybuy
03-20-2009, 08:21 PM
mrfirecat: If you are going to Fox Valley on Sat 3/21 what time are you going to be there? OR sunday?

mrfirecat
03-21-2009, 02:07 AM
ybuy: I won't be able to go this weekend. I found out my wife has other plans for me now. A buddy of mine is probably going on Saturday though. He will be on an older 97' Suzuki RMX 250 and he will be wearing red riding gear.

ranlam
03-21-2009, 12:48 PM
fish...we got you marked down for Sat. and Sun.

We got six inches of snow here last night!

Nytro..I got two seperate buddies who want to get rid of there older bikes for cheap one is a 175 two stroke Suzuki trials bike, the other is a Ktm MX 360 I know the suzuki is a good bike but a little small. You know anything about the mx 360, anyone?

fish633
03-21-2009, 09:01 PM
Ranlam
try KTM talk there are some pretty knowledgeable people over there.

fatdaddy
03-22-2009, 11:02 AM
Ranlam,

Thanks, I'd love to ride with you guys, I assume I'll need trail stickers or something. When can we start riding up there. Can you ride ATV and dirt bikes, wife could drive the lunch wagon LOL

fatdaddy
03-22-2009, 11:07 AM
Ranlam,

Thanks, I'd love to ride with you guys, I assume I'll need trail stickers or something. When can we start riding up there. Can you ride ATV and dirt bikes, wife could drive the lunch wagon LOL

ranlam
03-22-2009, 04:21 PM
fatdaddy...Yes you can ride atv and dirtbikes or side by sides. Trail stickers are only $16. May 15 is the opening date for the Mi-Trale trails, the DNR designated ORV trails are open now, I was thinking of taking the Marenisco to Iron River trail (IRM and LL trail)this week if the weather permits me.

whiskey_jim
03-23-2009, 09:56 PM
ya i was work'n on getting the bike out today its pure mud out there right now though. I've got a KTM MXC525 great ride but i'm think'n about getting a new EXC530

ranlam
03-23-2009, 11:58 PM
whiskyjim...I bet you have fun back in the blue hills with that rocket?

fatdaddy
03-24-2009, 10:37 AM
Does anyone know if my 10 year old sons OHM permit that he passed in MN if its good in other states. I belive it is but don't want to get a ticket anyway. Can you guys post some pics of the trails in the UP

canon
03-24-2009, 10:50 AM
Im pretty sure the 10 Y.O will be legal on the trail..

here are some pics I found.. looks like blast
2 me..

http://www.johndee.com/discuss/messages/9/107444.jpg

http://www.johndee.com/discuss/messages/9/107445.jpg

http://www.johndee.com/discuss/messages/9/107446.jpg

ranlam
03-24-2009, 12:10 PM
We dont ever take cameras, going to start this summer maybe. The above pictures pretty much looks like the area with alot more mud in places. There are many scenic outlooks around the trail system. Your 10 year old will be fine on bike or atv.

whiskey_jim
03-24-2009, 01:57 PM
Problem is in wisconsin your pretty screwed were you can ride a two wheeler legally unless you can put plates on it thus the reason why i want to get new ride.

ranlam
03-24-2009, 06:35 PM
Exactly, thats why I like Michigan's policies just buy a $16 ORV sticker and your good on 99% of county roads (Ontonagon County) but no highways of course. Not that I ride roads but you have to sometimes to get to another trail. If I had enduro tires and my headlight back on I could legaly ride all over. I am originally from Barron County where there is nowhere to legally ride two-wheelers without being street legal liscened. I had to trailer everywhere to ride legally, now I just back it out of the garage and hit the trail that goes out of town. Michigan is a much more dirt bike friendly state.

canon
03-25-2009, 09:20 AM
I didn't realize this trail was recently made possible
by allot of handwork from several people that regularly
visit this site, so I would like to say thanks to: Skip,Richard
Sandy, Lori and the rest of the people that made this trail
a reality.

Soo ranlan... do you think you can map out a 125 mile
loop for a Saturday ride?

ranlam
03-25-2009, 12:06 PM
I'll do my best. Its hard to get a loop without riding road to another trail. I'll look at the map and see which would be the best route.

nytro_rtx
03-25-2009, 02:46 PM
ranlam,
make it a good loop, man i can't wait to get UP and ride. see if we can find a couple play areas in the loop also just for the fun of it.
everyone still trying for the weekend of the 23rd?
nytro

ranlam
03-25-2009, 04:51 PM
I know fish has a room booked for that weekend so it will be us three for sure. Maybe ybuy, canon, and fatdaddy can show up? Whiskey jim, we are only four hours away from you. I can get you all good deals on rooms if need be.

canon
03-25-2009, 07:25 PM
How many miles and what trails do you have to ride
to receive the "coveted" CPR2 award? http://www.mi-trale.org/awards.htm

Unless there is some sort of once in a lifetime super
unreal walleye bite going on in Bay Denoc or a
complete washout Im in on the 23rd..

Im runnin a Lance truck camper rig so the local
CG will be good for me on accommodations.

canon
03-25-2009, 08:00 PM
Ohhh.... Should have read to the bottom of the page!

Dan, with a group of his friends, became the 1st Mi-TRALE "Certified Pride to Ride (CP2R)" Award Winner. They rode ALL the required trails in the extensive Mi-TRALE ORV Trail Network. Here is the 55 year old's Story:

I just got back from up north. Had a blast, but a little beat!! Thursday, we did 252.7 miles. We left Aura around 7:30am. heading to Bruce Crossing, We ate at Tulppo's. Then went over to set up tents, then we went west to CE down to CR over to BLA past the Paulding light and stopped at the casino. Then we did the LL to Land o Lakes (hot dog stand had just closed )so we headed back to Waters Meet and ate supper.

Then we felt we needed to ride more so we went to Marenisco, when we got there the gas station was CLOSED! The owner of BAM BAMs took us to his house to get gas. Was REALLY nice of him to do that! WE probably would have made it back on what we had tho(barely). We got back to the casino to pick up one of the guys that THOUGHT he would clean them out, then we headed to the Paulding light. We sat down the hill but didn't see the light!!!

From there we went up the CR route past Bond Falls and got back to the tents at about 1:20 am.The second day (Friday) we did 198 miles. First we had breakfast at Tulppo's again then headed to Bergland, Gassed up and headed to the P trail (which is nicely marked this year!!). We stopped at Henry's for a little snack then got on the C trail over to Mass.

Then we got on the BN trail, Stopped by the wash out for some pictures then shot for Houghton. That sure is a nice ride also. We got to Houghton about 4:30 pm. just in time for it to rain!!! 2 years in a row now we got hit with rain there. We turned around and headed to Henry's for Friday night smorgasbord . We got there around 7:45- 8 pm!! For a small place, they sure put out some great food!! and the people!!!!

Then with our bellies and butts dragging the ground we headed back to the tents. We were going to go to White Pine on the way back from Henry's but were unsure how many miles from the P and the NR crossroads to the PF trail, so we went back to Bruce Crossing on the NR route to get some much needed rest. Saturday we got up and headed (8:30 am.) to White Pine. Found out we were only 3 miles from the PF trail the night before!!! We got to White Pine around 10:30 am.

We ate breakfast and watched the 2 bears at the Konteka. We headed back to take down the tents and head back to Aura (L'Anse) when we got back to Aura on the third day we had 660 miles total ! 2 flat tires, 4 bee stings and one broke down ATV (he stayed behind in Bruces till this morning so the other guys could pick him up with the trailer on the way back to Wisc.

I was the only Mi-Trale member in our group that did all the trails. I told the other guys that I was shooting for the CP2R award so we worked it into our annual ride. Last year we did 440 miles in 2 1/2 days. One of the guys and I did the Sidnaw, Watersmeet, Iron River, Crystal Falls and back to Sidnaw earlier in July. That was 224 miles round trip in one day, so it really took me 4 days to get all the trails done!

Weather wise it was pretty good except for the rain in Houghton. Little dusty! Will we do it again?.............YES! Thanks again for being involved in getting these trails!

Congratulations, Dan!
Why don't you get a group together and go for the CP2R Award? We still have LOTs of riding left this year for you to accomplish the award. Just e-mail our president , Skip Schulz, to let him know you are going to try for the CP2R Award.

The CP2R Award Sticker to put on your ATV and your own Personal Award will be handed out at the Mi-TRALE Annual Membership/Awards Banquet on Saturday Night, October 4th, 2009 at the Konteka in White Pine. If you cannot attend the Awards Banquet, Mi-TRALE will send out your award.

Awards

CP2R Award: Given to anyone who rode the entire IRM, SB, P, BN, LL, E, C Trails in the summer of 2008.

Chainsaw Certification: Given to those that successfully completed the Ottawa National Forest Chainsaw Certification Class.

SAR/1st Aid/CPR Certification: Given to those that took the SAR Classes, and are 1st Aid/CPR Certified.

Unity Award: Given to an organization that works WITH Mi-TRALE to improve Recreational Riding Opportunities.

Presidents Award: Given to someone that has significantly helped Mi-TRALE.

ranlam
03-25-2009, 11:24 PM
Sounds like Dan and his group don't mess around do they. Good for him that is alot of miles. I think I have an excellent loop conjoured up. It would take care of the E,PF,P,SB and C trails. White Pine to Bergland to Sidnaw to Mass City (with good navigations in between). We will be staying on all dirt. Will be around 125 miles. Should make an excellent enduro ride.
Nytro are you coming UP before then? I would like to map this out GPS so there is no confusion the day we ride.

nytro_rtx
03-26-2009, 10:51 AM
ranlam,
will be UP before then forsure. you can always go over and get my gps if you want to use it before i get there. otherwise we'll get it mapped out when i come UP.
nytro

fatdaddy
03-26-2009, 11:29 AM
Ok guys, just picked up my new toy a 08 Polaris 800 touring ATV, this should serve a my wifes new ride and also the chuck wagon for snacks and water. I need to break it in so this might be perfect, or I can ride the bikes. Man am I looking forward to warmer weather and checking out the trails I rode all winter.

ranlam
03-26-2009, 12:10 PM
That 800 rides like a Caddillac. My buddy has one and the suspension in that thing is awesome. Bring it UP well give it the maiden voyage.

fish633
03-26-2009, 01:38 PM
Ranlam
I have significant gps resources available.Maybe I can map all this out and send all the co-ords to you.Funny you should mention that route as last night I was looking at the same.Only questionable part is if the C route from sidnaw to mass was roadway.Would rather find a way to get there using the forest trails.

whiskey_jim
03-26-2009, 01:42 PM
I would love to go for a ride with you guys but will be in canada fishing the 23rd. keep me in mind for another ride.

fish633
03-26-2009, 02:53 PM
Scratch that Ranlan it was the g route that looked like all road.

fatdaddy
03-26-2009, 03:00 PM
Fishing in Canada is no fun, all you do is catch huge fish with out trying LOL. I use to go to the Sioux look out and fish, nothing better than a cold LaBatt blue and some fresh shore lunch. We would get so pissed off because we were going for huge northerns and all we caught were 6-8 lb ones all day.

ybuy
03-26-2009, 04:07 PM
ranlam: yes yes

AHH! fatdaddy, life sure does suck!!!!

kmd
03-26-2009, 04:18 PM
fatdaddy we fly out of sioux lookout every year its a blast cant wait to go this year

fatdaddy
03-26-2009, 05:08 PM
Ahh, those were the days, now I have kids and don't get up there anymore. We have a cabin in Presque Isle and fish a little there but not much. Kids are into tubing, dirt bikes and sledding, wifes still into shopping LOL. I'm really pumped after reading all this stuff, brings back good times and makes me want to make more. Looking forward to riding with you guys and sharing some good stories.

fatdaddy
03-26-2009, 05:12 PM
Neil,

How did you like knobby Ridge, I live in MPLS and I believe Knobby is only about 2-3 hours from me. My son and I use to ride Arkansas but got tired of the same thing, looking to venture out. We like Nemadji state forest and St Croix state forest.

fish633
03-26-2009, 05:38 PM
Knobby is tight single track for the most part.There are different loops of varying difficulty.Mostly 1-2 gear stuff picking the way through the woods.
I think this is the longest thread yet about dirt bikes on this sight.Good to see we need more two wheel enthusiasts to visit the area it is so overlooked as far as a quality riding area one can't imagine.
Will anyone else be joining in on the 23rd?It would also be nice to know if an atv will be in the mix to carry some extra fuel if possible.This would make route planning easier

fatdaddy
03-26-2009, 05:47 PM
I'm in at this point, I have an ATV and dirt bikes, I can't bring both on my trailer, I thought I would ride the bikes. Is there no stops along the way, just in case we have any troubles. I positive my sons TTR 110 can ride all year on 1 gallon of gas, that litter bugger just sips gas. I also don't want to drag the group down bringing my son so if the faster guys want to meet me some place for lunch or a break I'm cool with that.

zert2rev
03-26-2009, 06:06 PM
If anybody out there is looking for a Bike I got a 86 Honda XR600R for sale that has about 750 miles on it that I bought off a old timer that didn't ride much.
It still has the same front tire that came with the bike but I changed out the rear because it was so weather checked but looked new.
Hit me with a E-mail at meast1@charter.net
asking $2000

ranlam
03-26-2009, 06:21 PM
fatdaddy ... dont worry about speed we will wait at spots, just like snomobiling with a group. There will be one or two mudholes that the ttr may have trouble with. But there will be plenty of room to go around.

zert2rev...send me some pics. if you can.

skip_schulz
03-27-2009, 02:26 AM
Randy,

Been away from the computer. I'm in Jackson, WY with the MASTERS Circuit Drivers at the World Championship Hillclimb.

The CR and CE are Roads. We just signed them and put them on the Mi-TRALE map to give people connection to Bond Falls and to the Paulding Light.

I highly doubt anyone could pull off the CP2R Award in 3 days. Dan, hemicoupe, did it in 5 days and you can read how long those rides were on the Mi-TRALE website.

You wouldn't be able to sit for weeks if you tried all the Mi-TRALE trails one has to ride to get the CP2R Award by riding them in 3 days.

Yea...that would be a record...

fatdaddy
03-27-2009, 10:59 AM
So your saying I have a chance :o)

fatdaddy
03-29-2009, 12:20 PM
So guys where are we meeting and what time. trying to get everyting out of storage and working before we go.

ranlam
03-29-2009, 12:34 PM
You have some time left, May 23 around 10am at the Konteka in White Pine, MI.

tschlicht
03-29-2009, 01:11 PM
What discussion forum web site do you guys go to to talk ORV riding? One that is Michigan based.

ranlam
03-29-2009, 07:18 PM
Good question. John Dee is the only discussion forum I have been on until recently I got on Thumpertalk. If you find a good one let me know. Otherwise I'll just stay in the ATV forum on this site.

sledhd1
03-29-2009, 08:42 PM
check this site out http://www.cycleconservationclub.org/index.html
if its about 2 wheels and Atv this is the place to go you do have to be member to access some things but thet have a wealth of info

sledhd1
03-29-2009, 08:57 PM
tschlicht try this out http://www.atv-411.com/

fatdaddy
03-29-2009, 09:25 PM
ok guys slight problem, I got the CRF 450X out of storage and the steering colum is very firm to turn. Do you guys think water got in there when I washed it last fall, Do you think it needs to be taken apart and redone. May 23rd seems so far away, its killing me

fatdaddy
03-29-2009, 09:27 PM
ok guys slight problem, I got the CRF 450X out of storage and the steering colum is very firm to turn. Do you guys think water got in there when I washed it last fall, Do you think it needs to be taken apart and redone. May 23rd seems so far away, its killing me

ranlam
03-29-2009, 10:23 PM
fatdaddy....try thumpertalk.com they have specific bike related forums where you can ask your mechanical questions. Hope you get an answer.

sledhd1
03-29-2009, 10:24 PM
if its hard to turn its the kneck bearings have you ever greased them since you owned it? if not they are dry.Depending on how bad they are you could clean them up and regrease. I did this to a cr250 and rode it for 4 years no problem. I would also tell you to do the suspension linkage and swing arm bearings. they just dont come with a lot of grease from the factory I have been racing off road motorcycles since 1977 greaseing these components once a year is good practice if you ever have to replace the swing arm bearings and linkage it could cost $400.00 but if thats the case buy a aftermarket Pivot Works Kit more price friendly.

neil
03-29-2009, 11:56 PM
Fatdaddy

Like fish said, knobby is mostly pretty tight single track, although there is nothing there as difficult as the harder stuff at Nemadji, or the technical single track at arkansaw.
I usually only make the trek to knobby late in the season, since it's open during Mn deer season.

I won't be able to make it up to the UP for the upcoming ride, hopefully sometime this summer.

If you or anyone else ever wants to meet at Nemadji let me know. My son and I like the singletrack and mixing it up on the faster trails

Neil

fatdaddy
03-30-2009, 12:43 PM
were going to have to keep everyones emails so we can pick up trips now and then. I plan to go to Nemadji as soon as it opens. I'll let everyone know.

sledhd1
04-05-2009, 08:20 PM
Yesterday I was riding my wr450 at a motocross track in Oregon Il was 55 degrees and sunny and if it keeps snowing this hard I will ride the sled around the yard 1 last time! My theory is cold enough for snow or warm enough to ride but 45 degrees and rainy does not make anybody happy.

canon
04-05-2009, 08:43 PM
Way to go Dave,,

My bike is still waiting
on parts..

Bakes

Knobbies

Oversized fuel tank..

Never rode that Oregon track
but herd it is pretty nice..

How many riders showed up
out there yesterday?

Mike

sledhd1
04-05-2009, 08:48 PM
I would say between 35 and 50 riders

nytro_rtx
04-06-2009, 12:17 PM
sledhd1 and cannon,
next time you guys plan on going to the track in oregon riding, let me know and i will try to meet up with you guys. i took my new yz450f out sat. and got it broke in and then rode sunday until the freezing rain, hail, snow whatever it was stared then headed in.
shoot me an e-mail(in profile) next time and we'll meet up.
nytro

sledhd1
04-07-2009, 12:38 AM
Why we should not ride with Nytro
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElYT0ThNW-4
hill climbers have a screw loose. just kidding

nytro_rtx
04-07-2009, 03:06 PM
slehd1,
things get a little crazy sometimes but what fun what fun would it be if everything went smooth all the time.lol
here's 1 that didn't go as planned.
http://www.johndee.com/discuss/messages/9/108719.jpg
and 1 that's going as planned.
http://www.johndee.com/discuss/messages/9/108720.jpg
it's never a dull moment that's for sure.lol
nytro

ranlam
04-07-2009, 05:46 PM
sledhd1..kickbass video man. I can vouch for nytro he is a blast to ride with.

sledhd1
04-07-2009, 11:06 PM
Nytro I will give you 9.96 on the dismount shown above

nytro_rtx
04-08-2009, 05:06 PM
sledhd,
i'll take that score!!!
nytro

cooksend
04-09-2009, 12:09 AM
You bet I am looking forward to Spring. Sure is nice to have something to do when the snow is gone...

http://www.johndee.com/discuss/messages/9/108836.jpg

ranlam
04-15-2009, 08:11 PM
I rode from White Pine to Sidnaw and back today, around 80-100 some miles it was awesome. Got to the bridge in Kenton and went around on highway there and back. Right in front of a forest person in a green truck nothing said. A group of ATV's and Side by Sides did the same thing. I dont think it will be a big deal to cross using highway. I had to take the same trail back instead of exploring Sidnaw to Mass because I got to Trails End Bar in Sidnaw for lunch and realized my phone and compass which I had in a pouch flew out of my pocket somewhere on trail so I backtracked but could not find it. DAMN IT.

nytro_rtx
04-23-2009, 03:30 PM
ttt. wanted to bring this back up. everybody still planin the weekend of may 23rd? i'm ready to ride, can't wait!!!!
nytro

fatdaddy
04-23-2009, 03:41 PM
I'm still planning on it, meeting at the konteka at 10:00 AM is that correct

ranlam
04-23-2009, 04:48 PM
Sounds good to me. Eat, gas and go.

sledhd1
04-24-2009, 12:28 AM
The 23rd is saturday? I was planning on riding that day have cleared it with the family they will be in Presque Isle. I will head up early saturday.I would like to Know how to get to Konteka

canon
04-24-2009, 09:31 AM
I'm still planning on Konteka enduro ride on the 23 rd.. really looking forward to it, I might have a couple of other riders.

nytro_rtx
04-24-2009, 12:58 PM
awesome, i will probly have atleast 2 more with me also. sounds like it will be a good group, should be a blast.

sldhd1, take hghwy b north out of PI (turns into M64 when you cross state line) and stay on it thru Marinesco and along Lake Gogebic to stop sign @ M28. Turn right, and take into Bergland, turn left @ Mobil(M64)and it's about 12-14 miles. Konteka is on left behind mall.
nytro

fatdaddy
04-24-2009, 01:14 PM
sledhd1,

I have a cabin on papoose lake in Presque Isle, maybe we can meet in town and caravan together. Either way its nice to know some local people.

sledhd1
04-25-2009, 03:31 AM
Fatdaddy will have to hook up I am in walking distance of 30 point tap

sledhd1
04-25-2009, 03:55 AM
Nytro rtx Thanks for the info. hope to hook up with Fatdaddy make some new friends and have fun

fatdaddy
04-25-2009, 10:36 AM
BAD news, my wife just told me I'm going to Denver that weekend for our nieces graduation. Can we do another weekend May, I'd love to ride with everyone and see what the trails are like before the trees get to full bloom

ranlam
04-25-2009, 11:13 AM
Sure fatdaddy... my home is here so any weekend you want to ride just let me know.

fatdaddy
04-26-2009, 06:29 PM
thanks randy,I'm thinking two weeks from now. I'll let ya know. Still missing that camera?

sledhd1
04-26-2009, 09:42 PM
I think I would like to get in that ride in 2 weeks if it involves a Saturday ride fatdaddy/Randy

nytro_rtx
04-27-2009, 10:45 AM
i might be up for a ride in 2 wks. also, if it works for everyone else. probly still for the 23rd also if we can still do it.
nytro

neil
04-29-2009, 11:15 PM
Does anyone from this board go to the Theilman trailride in SE MN? info is found at

www.goldeneaglesmc.org (http://www.goldeneaglesmc.org)

neil
04-29-2009, 11:17 PM
Does anyone from this board go to the Theilman trailride in SE MN? It's May 16th and 17th Info is found at

www.goldeneaglesmc.org (http://www.goldeneaglesmc.org)

nytro_rtx
05-06-2009, 11:08 AM
what's everyones plans? i'm trying to get a plan and was wondering what everyone was thinking. my nephew is graduating on the 17th and his party is on the 23rd, but i'm not going to the party so i'll be in white pine on the 23rd to ride. will be up for a long weekend for memorial so maybe we can all ride a couple days if possible.
i also talked to ranlam yesterday and he was asking what was up for the ride. he's back to work and doesn't have access to a puter during the week. anyhow let me know and i'll keep him informed as well.
nytro

fish633
05-06-2009, 02:33 PM
I'm in sat and sun at konteka.Ride both days is fine with me.

fatdaddy
05-06-2009, 08:14 PM
I can go on the 16th or 17th if anyone else is interested. Tried out the new 4-wheeler this weekend ... got stuck, no winch, son just about ran me over while I stood in the mud and pushed ... so yeah, had a great weekend! We rode in St. Croix State Forest and on the 16th and 17th there will be a mud run in Danbury, WI if anyone is interested in going, but I prefer to ride the UP with the Dee'rs.

fatdaddy
05-06-2009, 08:26 PM
Anyone have a need for a 02 PW80 this things in great shape, let me know and I'll send pics. I'm in the twin cities but can bring it up over the 17th to Konteka

Thanks

nytro_rtx
05-07-2009, 11:05 AM
fish sounds good, it will be me and ranlam for sure, and maybe a couple more.

fatdaddy i can't make it on the 16th or 17th due to a graduation on the 17th. maybe ranlam can hook up with you , i'll be talking to him tonight or tom. and will have him let you know on here if he can make it. maybe we can hook up and ride sometime later in the summer.
nytro

ranlam
05-08-2009, 07:59 PM
fatdaddy...I'll be around to ride with you on the 17th.

fatdaddy
05-11-2009, 11:37 AM
Ranlam,

My son and I would love to come up, are you riding dirt bikes or ATV. I need to get sticker don't I, Do you know a location to get one, and are they open saturdays.

nytro_rtx
05-12-2009, 11:19 AM
fatdaddy, ranlam wiil probly be riding his dirt bike. you need a trail pass just like a sled, i'm not sure if the konteka is selling them or not but you can get them in bergland @ nordines(bp). yes they are open on saturdays.
have fun & ride safe,
nytro

fatdaddy
05-12-2009, 02:41 PM
Thanks Nytro,

Ranlam, where do you want to meet, in bergland or white pine. I'll be comming from Presque Isle WI. Anyone else wanna ride?

fatdaddy
05-13-2009, 12:50 PM
Ranlam,

Do you have a cell number, I'm not sure my cell will work up there or not. I'll give you a call

sledhd1
05-13-2009, 11:02 PM
Is the ride still on for the 23rd?

fatdaddy
05-14-2009, 09:39 AM
sledhd1,

I believe its on, I can't make it so I'm heading up this weekend to ride with ranlam. Anyone else want to go.

fish633
05-14-2009, 10:02 AM
23rd is a go Ranlam, Nytro and myself so far.Sled are you going to make it?

nytro_rtx
05-14-2009, 10:11 AM
fish & sledhd,yea the 23rd is a go. can't wait, it's going to be a blast.
fatdaddy,wish i could make it both weekends but just can't make it. you'll have a blast. ride hard & be safe.
nytro

sledhd1
05-14-2009, 11:18 AM
Yes, How long of a drive is it to Konteka from Presque Isle?

yooper_man
05-14-2009, 11:28 AM
I have a different kind of two wheeled vehicle. I already put 333 miles on my moutain bike. On Tuesday I rode to Land O' Lakes, and back. I have a 24 speed giant, that has disc brakes.

nytro_rtx
05-14-2009, 11:31 AM
somewhere around 45 min. from pi to white pine.

fatdaddy
05-14-2009, 11:50 AM
Sledhd1,

we can caravan together if you'd like, I could meet you in PI in the morning, around 8:30 I don't think we would miss each other in town LOL

fatdaddy
05-14-2009, 11:54 AM
sledhd1

Are you going this weekend?

fish633
05-14-2009, 01:42 PM
Remember that Ranlam rolls on eastern time

fatdaddy
05-14-2009, 04:11 PM
Good catch fish633, so lets see if I'm meeting him at 10:00 AM at the Konteka that would be My 9:00 right? Man I shouldn't drink so much.

sledhd1
05-15-2009, 01:11 AM
fatdaddy no not this weekend next weekend for sure.

fatdaddy
05-15-2009, 09:33 AM
Anyone have Ranlams phone #

nytro_rtx
05-15-2009, 10:43 AM
fatdaddy, talked to ranlam last night and he said he will get on here today to let you know the plan. he's gone all week for work and don't have access to a puter.

fish & sledhd, we were thinkin about 10:00 ranlam time on the 23rd. if that don't work let me know. it will be an awesome time that's for sure.
nytro

fish633
05-15-2009, 10:50 AM
10:00 am works for me.

fatdaddy
05-15-2009, 10:58 AM
Thanks Nytro,

I'm leaving for the cabin at 4:00 Mpls time. I hope to here from him by then. I will stop at the BP in Bergland and pick up those stickers and head north. Just in case I guess I could leave a message at the konteka.

nytro_rtx
05-15-2009, 12:19 PM
no problem fatdaddy, i'm sure you will here from him, i think he gets off work around noon on fridays, so when he gets home i'm sure he will reply. yea you can always leave a message @ konteka & they can probly get ahold of him if needed. have fun & ride hard.
nytro

sledhd1
05-15-2009, 04:15 PM
Nytro 10:00 am works for me, Do we have a idea on how far gas stops will be on the 23rd.

fatdaddy
05-15-2009, 04:29 PM
Hey Nytro,

What can I expect for trail conditions, ie lots of rail road grade, twistys, mud, or all of those. My son rides a TTR 110 so I'm not sure of how far we can go.

fish633
05-15-2009, 04:46 PM
Sled
Ranlam and myself have been working out a route that should have gas available about every 30 miles or so.Hope that helps.

nytro_rtx
05-15-2009, 05:23 PM
fatdaddy, you will see all of the conitions you mentioned, but i don't think he will have any trouble on a ttr 110. you and your son will have a blast, ranlam will show you guys a great time riding.
sledhd & fish i would guess that gas stops will be within 30 miles of each other so there should be nothing to worry about, i can get over 80 miles out of a tank of gas on my wr400 so if we need to i can pull my fuel line and give up enough to get someone to the next gas stop if needed.
man i can't wait, it's going to be a great ride!!!
nytro

ranlam
05-15-2009, 05:45 PM
fatdaddy...I'll be ready Sat. morning. Sorry I cound'nt respond earlier, need to get me a laptop to take with me for the week. If we could meet in White Pine that would be great. I'll email you my numbers. Or just call Konteka tell em who you are they'll give you my number.

fish633
05-15-2009, 05:58 PM
I can go about 60 or so miles between fillups on the kdx.kx is a little more thirsty but I really don't plan on riding it.Of course that is all relative to how fast we are riding.I am really looking forward to it also.

sledhd1
05-16-2009, 12:26 AM
Thanks for the info. I hit reserve at 40 miles so no problem.

ranlam
05-16-2009, 08:01 PM
Went for a nice ride today. Fatdaddy and his son were awesome to ride with. Rode from White Pine to Bergland and back, trail was great with some insane mud-holes. Temp was around 40 degrees with 20-30 mph winds so the hands got a little cold but it was well worth it. Thanks Fatdaddy for coming UP. Can't wait till next Saturday!

ranlam
05-16-2009, 08:23 PM
Here is a pic:http://www.johndee.com/discuss/messages/9/110199.jpg

fish633
05-16-2009, 11:13 PM
Ranlam
finished up gps ing the routes lokks to be about 135 miles round trip is that close to what you came up with?
fuel available in bergland,bruce crossing,sidnaw?
mass city.That should be more than enough don't you think?

ybuy
05-17-2009, 12:00 AM
ranlam....Any chance you could ride on Sunday or Monday. I can't make it on Saturday.

I wish I could.

ranlam
05-17-2009, 03:32 AM
Gas will not be a problem if anything we'll just syphon nytros tank!
ybuy ... sunday is a go.

sledhd1
05-17-2009, 03:35 PM
Ranlam will the trails be free flowing or tight and twisty.I dont care but I have friend who might like to go and is limited physically

ranlam
05-17-2009, 04:50 PM
fish...thats real close to what i figured. I'm not sure if there is gas in Sidnaw? Prolly fill up in Bruce Crossing and stretch that to Mass. If you can make 60 miles we should be alright.

sledhd1... trails are tight and twisty then we have some roads and RR grade to follow. The trails can be challenging because of rocks and mud. The little TTR 110 above went through it all with no problems, I was impressed.

nytro_rtx
05-18-2009, 10:14 AM
fatdaddy, looks & sounds like you guys had a great time. hope your son had fun on the ride. hopefully we can get a weekend when we can all come up and ride before the summer is over.

sledhd1 bring your buddy up he will have a good time.

fish, that sounds like the perfect amount of miles for a good day ride. gas won't be a problem with the route we're taking.

BRING ON THE WEEKEND
see everyone then.
nytro

fatdaddy
05-18-2009, 12:07 PM
Big thanks to Ranlam, He was a great host and guide. We had an awesome time. Lots of trail variations from mud to ditch riding to nice logging roads. I would love to do that trip again and head over to rockland. Ranlam, my son never took off his new Konteka sweatshirt all weekend in fact he's wearing to school this morning. :0) My wife said she would like to go and take the ATV so We'll just have to keep posting and find a time that works for everyone. You guys are gonna have a great time.

sledhd1
05-18-2009, 12:46 PM
If my friend comes he has a juiced up Rhino and can carry gas no problem. he is about 75% sure he can go

fatdaddy
05-18-2009, 02:43 PM
Hey sledhd1,

Your over by me in Presque Isle right. Are you on a lake or what. Were on Papoose Lake.

sledhd1
05-19-2009, 12:48 AM
Fatdaddy my friends that live across the street from me down here have the place that we stay at its a very very short walk to Papoose Rd. My wife grew up with the Lady across the street they have been friends for 35 plus years. we would like to hook up some time with you but you will not be around this weekend.

fatdaddy
05-19-2009, 02:03 AM
Sledhd1,

thats awesome, we've had our place for about 37 years. we are on the south side of Papoose and I'll keep posting so we can find time to ride. Had a great time last weekend, I really enjoy getting away with my son and sharing the northwoods with him. I look forward to riding with all you guys weather its snow or dirt.

sledhd1
05-20-2009, 12:37 AM
Ranlam and Nytro its gone from just me to my friend and his two sons plus my daughter and possibly my son riding in the rhino. I can not wait till Saturday it should be a blast. And I want to say thanks to Ranlam in advance for inviteing us to say I am stoked up is under statement.

sledhd1
05-20-2009, 12:48 AM
Fatdaddy we will hook up hopefully this fall. I go to Tomahawk a lot been going there since 1969 my grandparents had a place on lake Nokomis then they sold it to there son/my favorite Uncle so like you I have seen the north woods for many years

sledhd1
05-20-2009, 01:27 AM
Ranlam and Nytro 10:00 am Saturday pulling out of parking lot? let me know so I know how early to get there

nytro_rtx
05-20-2009, 10:44 AM
sledhd, sounds good to me, more riders equals more fun. what's everyone riding in your group other than the rhino? the weather looks like it's going to be awesome too and i am realy stoked about the ride also, my first u.p. ride of the year. i think we should try to pull out as close to 10:00am est. as possible.

fish you still going to make it for the ride?

this will be an AWESOME day!!!!

nytro

fatdaddy
05-20-2009, 11:42 AM
Hey Guys,

Take some pics and post them so when I get back I can see what I missed. I know you'll have a great time.

nytro_rtx
05-20-2009, 12:48 PM
fatdaddy, i'm going to find a spot on my bike to mount my digi cam. so i'll post up some pics when we get back.
nytro

sledhd1
05-20-2009, 01:26 PM
Nytro I will have wr450, the Rhino and cr250 and Polaris 500 sportsman I might also bring KDX 220. also what time do you think we will get back to Konteka.
FatDaddy will bring my camera also

nytro_rtx
05-20-2009, 03:13 PM
sledhd1, sounds like a good group. i'm not sure what time we'll be back but i would guess if we make a big loop it would probly be around 3:00 - 4:00. depends on trail conditions(how wet & muddy it is) on how far we will make it. the weather looks like it's going to be good so we should have good trails most of the way.
nytro

sledhd1
05-20-2009, 04:58 PM
Thanks Nytro. are you still bringing a group?

nytro_rtx
05-20-2009, 06:16 PM
it will probly be just me & ranlam, my nephew had to order some parts & they didn't come in yet & my other buddy is ending up haveing to work saturday. i'm leaving in the a.m. to head up to white pine so if i don't have a chance to get back on the net tonight i'll see everyone sat. a.m.. everyone have a safe drive up.
nytro

sno_jet
05-21-2009, 02:13 AM
Hi everyone-
anyone riding in the Park Falls, Wi area this weekend?

canon
05-21-2009, 08:20 AM
I was ponding the Walleys pretty dam hard out in Greenbay but my plan unexpectedly changed do to a clogged fuel injector or
a bad CDI box witch put a snag on my trip from the second day.

I tried to hang in there for a couple of more days but with boats
coming in from some of my off shore spots with some very
nice coolers full of walleyes and with my thunder stick supply
running low I got a bit bummed out and brought the boat
down to the dealer to get fixed yesterday AM..

So I regret to inform you that I will not be attending
this weekends ride.. sorry

Have a great time take a few pics and be safe.

Here is a pick of my opening day catch I lost
a double and had 1 other hit and went 2 for 5
before the rollers almost sent me into the rocks.

\image { }

http://www.baydenoc.com/fishingreports.htm

canon
05-21-2009, 08:21 AM
opener..

http://www.johndee.com/discuss/messages/9/110352.jpg

jim
05-21-2009, 08:30 AM
nice wally's

nytro_rtx
05-21-2009, 09:51 AM
cannon, nice catch. you're going to miss a great time ridin, good luck fishing and maybe next time you can make it up. i'm sure there will be many rides thruoghout the year.
headin north in a about an hour.
nytro

ybuy
05-21-2009, 04:36 PM
Man, I wish I could make it on Sat. But Sunday is the BEST day for me. There is a very small chance,for Sat, none the less. PLEASE!!! TAKE lots of pic's and post them when you can.

Ride safe and have FUN!!!

Ranlam... What would be the best way to contact you for Sun,and what time? Email me.

ranlam
05-21-2009, 11:06 PM
fatdaddy..great story. I have a feeling he will be buggin you to come UP again soon. Great experiences last a life time.

ybuy..I'll email my numbers, if all else fails just stop in at the Konteka it's all family there so they will prolly know where I'm at.

Everybody who plans on riding on Sat. be prepared for the black flies there crazy right now. They wont bother us when riding but when we stop and take helmets off there gonna swarm.

Jim..NICE wally gators!

fatdaddy
05-25-2009, 07:44 PM
So how was the trip guys, got any pics.

ranlam
05-25-2009, 08:28 PM
fatdaddy..trip got cut short due to machines breaking down, we made it around a hundred miles. But we all had fun.

fatdaddy
05-25-2009, 10:40 PM
Thats a bummer,so where did ya go and do ya have some pics to share

sledhd1
05-26-2009, 10:21 PM
Thanks to everybody Ranlam,Nytro and Fish. We had a a very good time. We finaly got back to Wisconsin at 11:30 I had 127 miles on my speedometer I would have to say thats a good day. Thanks for being so patience.My friends and daughter will be talking about this for a long time to come.
Randy is the trail from Rockland to White Pine like the first 25 miles and if so could we ride from Konteka to Bergland to Rockland and back to Konteka?

nytro_rtx
05-27-2009, 02:59 PM
ranlam, can't wait to get up and ride again soon. hopefully in the next few weeks, june is a busy hillclimb month. hoipefully you can make it down to wisc. rapids on the 7th for the climb.

fish, & sledhd1, had a blast riding with you guys, hopefully we can all get together and ride again before summer is over. glad your daughter & your friends had a good time. can you post a couple of the pics from when your daughter had her camera out? also maybe fish could post a couple if he got any. i have to find a place to put my camera on my bike so i have it with me.

fatdaddy, we went from white pine down to bergland them to sidnaw, from there up to mass city then to rockland. had a few bike problems and it was getting late so we called my wife to pick us up there or it would have been a dark ride before we were back. hopefully you can make it next time.
nytro

fatdaddy
05-27-2009, 11:53 PM
Guys, I was thinking about going back up this weekend to put in the dock and do a little riding, but its looking like the week after, anyone interested?. Ranlam, my son lost his key somewhere in the UP, you didn't happen to find one in the bar or parking lot did you. I got another one made today, it would be nice to have another spare. Looking forward to the next trip.

sledhd1
05-28-2009, 11:02 PM
Nytro I do not know how to resize pictures. this was taken with my camera and hope it is the right size
http://www.johndee.com/discuss/messages/9/110559.jpg

sledhd1
05-28-2009, 11:17 PM
one more of Nytro once I learn to resize I will post some from Tories camera. Nytro my wife did send pictures to your email adress
http://www.johndee.com/discuss/messages/9/110561.jpg

fatdaddy
05-28-2009, 11:30 PM
looks like its really starting to green up. More pics would be great

ranlam
05-29-2009, 06:44 PM
sledhd..trail from White Pine to Rockland is great also would make for an excellent day ride. Get up close to Victoria Falls and other cool sights.

fatdaddy..will check for key. You and sledhd should come UP at the same time for the Rockland ride.

Ybuy.. sorry I couldn't ride last Sunday maybe you can catch the Rockland ride also.

nytro..you show off.LOL

sledhd1
05-30-2009, 06:46 PM
Ranlam working on comming up will keep posted

fish633
05-31-2009, 12:59 PM
I had a great time also.Dave Jim Mark and the rest of the cast nice to have met you.126.9 on the odo 126 on gps max speed 71 mph just outside Bruce Crossing.avg moving speed for route was off due to my programming error(forgot to turn it on).Definately an adventure.Will work on getting some pic's up nothing special just a few shots along the way.Anyone up for fox valley next sunday?

ranlam
05-31-2009, 01:49 PM
Cleaned the air cleaner and carb on my bike, she runs good again. Ready to ride again, went out to a secret spot last night and watched the sunset on my bike that was cool. Nytro, the secret spot has a bunch of hill climbs.
Fish.. cool stats, 126 miles is alot in one day on dirt bikes.

nytro_rtx
06-02-2009, 03:56 PM
ranlam, thats good all it needed air cleaner & carb. cleaned up, good easy fix. looking forward to the new secret spot & the hillclimbs that are there. got the 450 & the harley allready to go this weekend, hopefully the weather is good and you can still make it to the climb sunday. i'll call you towards the end of the week.

i'll be ready to do another 126 mile ride soon, june i only have 1 weekend free otherwise i'm climbin every weekend.
nytro

fatdaddy
06-02-2009, 11:32 PM
Nytro, Which weekend is open for ya, Maybe me and my son could tag along.

nytro_rtx
06-04-2009, 03:15 PM
fatdaddy,
my only open wkend. is the 13th & 14th. i'm not sure if i'm going to make it up yet or not, i will let you know the beginning of the week. it would be great to ride with you and your son.
nytro

fatdaddy
06-04-2009, 03:46 PM
Nytro,

I had already got approval from the wife for that weekend to head north, If you can make it great. If anyone else would like to ride that would be great as well. Keep me posted as we get closer to the date

nytro_rtx
06-10-2009, 05:55 PM
fatdaddy,
i'm still not sure whats going on for the weekend yet, i will more than likely go up on friday night but not sure yet. will keep you posted.
nytro

fatdaddy
06-10-2009, 11:49 PM
Nytro,

My wife and kids are headed north with me, I'm bringing the ATV and dirt bikes, thought maybe I'd drop in at Bergland and ride to the Konteka, maybe we could meet there. Wife rides pretty slow so we see how far she wants to go.

nytro_rtx
06-11-2009, 05:53 PM
fatdaddy,
i'll e-mail you my phone #, i'll be up but have some stuff to do around the cabin in the morning so give me a call when you're in bergland and headed to the konteka and maybe i can hook up and ride back to bergland or where ever you head from there. i'll try to get ranlam with us also.
nytro

fatdaddy
06-12-2009, 12:45 AM
Nytro,

got your email, sounds like fun as always.

nytro_rtx
06-12-2009, 03:14 PM
fatdaddy,
talk to ya sat. a.m. sometime.
nytro

fatdaddy
06-15-2009, 12:52 AM
guys,

had some technical problems, I forgot my charger and I had your numbers stored in the phone, sorry. The wife and kids headed out of bergland around 11:00 headed for the konteka, somehow I missed a turn and ended up in rockland. The wife and kids enjoyed a huge sandwich at henrys and all of a sudden the weather alert sounded saying a huge storm headed right for us. We finished our meal and headed home. With in 20 minuts the sky was black and it started blowing. We could see some clearing skys and we though it might head south, well it started to rain and for and hour and a half it rained and rained. The trails were pretty greasy and we were all over spining the tires. By the time we hit bergland it had stopped and seemed to be over just like that. I heard we got about a half inch.
As always what a great adventure. Sorry I missed you guys, I'll be up there over the 4th.

nytro_rtx
06-17-2009, 03:09 PM
fatdaddy,
no problem, we'll get hooked up sometime & ride. glad you guys had a good time on your ride, me & ranlam were riding around white pine & could see it was storming pretty bad down that way. i'll be up over the 4th also so maybe we all can hook up & ride then.
nytro

sledhd1
07-23-2009, 12:23 AM
anybody planning on riding?

fish633
07-23-2009, 10:29 AM
I was wondering the same thing,

fatdaddy
07-23-2009, 10:52 AM
When do you guys want to go, I'm taking my son over to the Black Hills and then the Big Horns in Wyoming the first week of August. After that I'm open until the snow flys. I'd love to try some new spots in the UP or northern WI

fish633
07-23-2009, 12:27 PM
I will be in Laramie that week as well, where ya gonna be hangin?

nytro_rtx
07-23-2009, 05:54 PM
i'm ready to ride whenever, just let me know. been busy most of the summer and the hillclimbs have been keeping me busy also. only 2 more then done for the year. got 1 on aug. 2nd in iron mountain, mi & 1 on sept.20 in dickeyville, wi. otherwise i should be able to make.
check out my videos on youtube, search for "rpmsrx" and check them out. my nephew rides the kx250f and i ride the yz450f & harley. should have some new ones up tonight or tom. night from sundays climb.
nytro

fatdaddy
07-23-2009, 11:45 PM
Fish633,

we ride out of Burgess Pass and stay at a lodge called The Passage Resort, we went last year and had an awesome time. It was dry last year and was quite dusty but had lots of creek crossings to cool off in. Boy that water is cold, Its kinda like riding your sled out west, once you go out there you can't stop going back

ranlam
07-24-2009, 09:36 PM
http://www.johndee.com/discuss/messages/9/112114.jpgLookout before Rockland

ranlam
07-24-2009, 09:41 PM
lookout outside of White Pine

ranlam
07-24-2009, 09:45 PM
http://www.johndee.com/discuss/messages/9/112118.jpg

ranlam
07-24-2009, 09:48 PM
Also have some dirt biking footage on youtube go to michiganrandy and watch some trail riding.

ybuy
07-26-2009, 09:55 PM
Any one open for weekends 8/8 or 8/15. Could be possible for me.

sledhd1
07-27-2009, 12:07 AM
Nytro checked out some of the footage on youtube very nice

fish633
07-27-2009, 10:44 AM
Brand new single track "bikes only" trail in delta county.Heard from a couple Michigan ridin friends that it is prolly the best new trail in the midwest.
Any one to give it a try?

fatdaddy
07-27-2009, 02:46 PM
Where is delta county, I'm in for another trip

fish633
07-27-2009, 03:02 PM
mid u.p.

canon
07-27-2009, 04:53 PM
I spoke with Cycle City in Escanba and they have no Idea where this trail is located but confirmed that there is a rumor about this trail that started with a news artical a few months ago..

canon
07-27-2009, 05:11 PM
I called Ann Okonec at the Rapid River ranger station and she confirmed the where abouts of this trail..

14 miles East of Rapid River on U.S 2

Turn to da Nort on highway 13 and go tree miles..

Turn right on 2231 and look for the sighn for
the Moss Lake motorcycle trail..

fish633
07-28-2009, 10:32 AM
Try nick at Zambon's north country sales.U.P.Sandstormers are the club that built and maintains it.dirtrider.net has some write ups on it as well look for michigan trail riders in the eastern chapters section.

canon
07-28-2009, 10:41 AM
Im always around Bay Denoc the last full moon
in October if anyone wants to ride the area.

sledhd1
09-08-2009, 10:41 PM
The dual sport ride is comming to leaf river we still planning on riding?

fish633
09-09-2009, 10:14 AM
I am definately in for that one.Did not see it up on midwest enduro's site what day is it?

nytro_rtx
09-09-2009, 12:19 PM
yea, i'm still planning on the dual sport ride. have to rig up lights on the yz for the day. can't wait.
nytro

sledhd1
09-10-2009, 11:04 PM
I copied this off there web sitev Dual Sport:
November 1st, 2009

sledhd1
10-02-2009, 07:34 PM
Nytro I will be there for the poker run. We will have to hook up

fatdaddy
10-03-2009, 10:55 AM
Anyone up for riding on Oct 10th ?

ranlam
10-04-2009, 08:24 PM
Went for a wet ride today, rained here for two days straight filled up some massive water holes. From white pine to norwich road then back on pioneer trail trail was super slippery found the back tire parellel to front tire a couple of times! Fall colors are awesome. Forgot camera otherwise I could have had some outstanding pics.

fatdaddy
10-05-2009, 10:45 AM
Ranlam,

The entire family was thinking about this weekend. Care to show us some more trails?

sledhd1
10-19-2009, 10:03 PM
Dual sport ride november 1st Leaf River
http://midwestenduros.com/Flyers/2009%20Flyers/FCR-DualSport-09.pdf

fish633
10-20-2009, 10:38 AM
Who's in? Only 1 loop this year bummer.Hopefully weather is not an issue.

ranlam
10-21-2009, 09:39 AM
ooops.

ranlam
10-21-2009, 09:42 AM
Fatdaddy...did not see your post until now. Time is winding down fast for the two wheelers. Trails are really wet and muddy right now. If temp hold up decent I would like to get another ride or two in. Maybe a forest road tour also.

nytro_rtx
10-21-2009, 11:27 AM
ranlam, what you doing posting @ 8:42 in a.m., get back to work!!!

fish & sldhd, i might change my plans & ride the endruro instead of the poker run, i would rather ride more than 1 30 mile loop and i'm sure it will mostly be field & ditch riding so it will be a quick ride. i'll post up here towards the end of the week & let you know.
nytro

ranlam
10-21-2009, 02:26 PM
Nytro.. rain day man! Did you notice the special weaher statement for the UP. We may get over six inches of snow by Sat. Been raining here all day long. Better hurry and get that plow!

nytro_rtx
10-21-2009, 03:29 PM
one thing about it you been gettin alot of rain days lately!! i heard the weather report, hopefully it's a sign of good thing to come. hopefully have a plow soon, might need it by the sounds of it.