Anyone who rides this area interested in riding this weekend? We might be coming out this way to do some exploring if conditions are a lot better than Rockland/Mass.

I believe the shortest track we'll have is a 136/1.75. Not definite as of now but I'm just throwing this out in case the area we ride isn't good.

were thinking of going there this weekend on friday to explore. give me a call if you want to ride. our buddy john has gps and has been rideing there of 6 years.

paul 920-366-9521

What's the deal in the Rockland/Mass area? Getting too tracked up?

The snow is there. There is just more of it in the Seney area.

I'll be there, stayin @ Adams Trail
    Hope to do annual hillclimb thru the bush...
    going 13th and 20th both. hopefully

Hillclimb through the bush?

its a secret area ! good hill, test 144"s

I like secret spots. If you don't mind riding with some Western UP riders let me know. We'll have mostly 150"+ sleds and one 136". I like hills and will go up it.

Do y'all mind if I tag along - I run a tricked out Mini Z which should be fine after the rain and snow loss!

stop the hate, could blow snow overnight in the belt. we will have to wait and see !

cuzz, Your dates don't match this weekends dates? when you going. I can do this. lets all meet up in Kingston Plains at Adams trail and M-58 at a set time. Or how about at the Bear trap in Melstrand. This weekend is the 7th-8th or do you mean next, next weekend? I have this area down quite well.

I am leaving in the AM of Thursday, March 12th. Riding for a little that day. Riding Friday and Saturday (13th/14th) and coming back on the 15th. I only put up the dates I was riding... sorry. I'm game for sure.

I can do the weekend of the 13th. I stay at North Shore Motel in Grand Marais, MI. I drop into Kingston Plains from the North. I think I know the place Getsome is talking about. to everyone else sorry about the location secrecies. Some of the honey holes have taken years to discover. This year I have found some extremely good off trail riding in the lower peninsula in the Pellston area. My GPS is proven to be manditory for this type of riding.

Awesome! We are staying in Seney so I don't know where we'll meet or the best way to do this. Any suggestions? As far as a GPS. I ride with one over by Rockland and have found some pretty good areas myself. I know what you mean. Thanks. Now we just gotta pray for good snow.

cuzz, Fox river motel in Seney is doing an off trail ride on the 21st. They got a veterans ride on the 14th, not sure what that entails. Do you know if we can get gas again in Shingleton or is that station still closed. lets keep in touch on this and hope the snow holds out. I will have Pappa Smurf with me.

I have never been east of Marquette LOL. I do all my riding around Rockland/Mass/Twin Lakes and sometimes north of Houghton. I'll be praying.

name your time at the four corners !

I'll be on the #12 leading a group of FLIT's.

Flit's?

Flat
    Landers
    In
    Training

Thats what locals call us out west....

LOL. I'm gonna be with 4 other guys.

Me - 2008 M8 SnoPro
    Andy - 2008 M8 SnoPro
    Taylor - 2006 M7 LE 153"\
    Jay - 2006 Renegade 151"
    Dave - 2002 Viper 136"

I'd like to ride with someone who knows the area but wonder if we'll have a crowd. Thoughts?

Would love to get together w/ some real sleds...
    Group not to big as long as we don't get mixed.
    Try it for an hour or so, it might work out!

where are you stayin ?

Somewhere in Seney. Not sure, didn't book it.

Have to wait and see the snow conditions
    suppose to cool down by next weekend.
    Anyone in your group know the area ?

Nope

getsome, I know the area. I will bringing up my 700RMK 151 and Doug will have his XP800 146 smurf ride. We can hook up in Seney with cuzz also.

I'm riding with Cuzz. We are staying at Timber Pines Lodging in Seney. Let's get together and ride. If the group is to large, we'll split up. We have never been to the area before but have heard good things about it. Usually ride Rockland north into the Keweenaw but looking for a change. Does Verizon work up that way?

Verizon does work in most all of the area. I will see about staying in Seney instead of Grand Marais, that should help with logistics. The dates work for me.

I have Verizon also,cool. if Polarisrider can hook up and lead guys from Seney.
    Could meet right at our place at the end of Adams Trail/ M-77. Very easy to find. Huge white Pole barn and brick house on the north side. Maybe meet around 10am. good close place to start boondock. whatcha think ?

getsome, Is trail 88 also Adams trail at m-77? Anyways I know exactly where your place is. Your about 1/2 way between Seney and Grand Marais and east of Kingston Plains. You have a perfect location as a starting point.

yes when trail 88 hits Adams Trail go east. trail is groomed to the end of our driveway.
    May have fuel available there also. Top off for the big track spin contest.

polarisrider and getsome, sent you guys an e-mail with my cell so we can touch base.

Andy

sounds like a plan. Now the snow needs to hold up. If it don't. My plan B is Wawa Ont. got a place to stay there too! Friends own the motel. Then ride the Canadien badlands. either way I am going! And Doug with his Smurf ride Doo 800XP with the 146x2.4x16 track is going too. (he owns half the new trailer we just bought). And its turn to drive.

Be optimistic. It will hold up. In fact, it is going to snow at least 12" next week!

fgsacts- I deleted your email, accidentally.
    please send again. thanks

polarisrider1- I was in Chapleau last weekend,decent snow,very cold. Been to Badlands,very cool. hope the traffic hasn't been to heavy thru the good spots.

getsome, I rode Chapleau about 3 yrs. ago. I have 2 brother-in-laws who went in on a cabin (shack) on Tony Lake. Its about 30 miles SE of Chapleau, off Rd #667. East of the F trail. They are on the old ungroomed CF conector trail. Did you go to Foleyet on the C101F trail. Timmins has some sweet night life. Finding gas is a hugh issue for us when boondocking. The cabin generator eats up most of our stash of gas. I heard the F trail from Missinabe to Chapleau will be closed next yr. Chapleau club doesn't want to groom it. Its a real mess. If this comming weekend falls apart at Seney then maybe we can regroup and head into Canada. Maybe Searchmont, 1/2 way Haven or Wawa area. I would like to stay off trail as much as possible.

So whats the weather saying? I heard John say that the western UP could get clobbered on Tuesday. Any word if that same storm will hit the eastern UP?

cuzz, It seems to always snow where we are going. We will be more central northern UP. Its been pouring rain for 2 days at home. Grand Rapids,MI.

What are the details on crossing over into Canada with sleds? Passports? How much time is wasted at the border?

Passports -yes registration, proof of insurance.
    hit or miss at the border, can take time sometimes.

We have camp on Como Lake, Chapleau. Didn't ride the trail much. Boondock around the area and bust up hydro-lines. take 105 gal fuel. HONDA generator sips the fuel. lol
    Chapleau Club talking about grooming to Halfway Haven instead of Missinabi next year.

got the email from Andy, send you (Wayne) my # tomorrow.

forgot to mention, really great snow depth around Aubrey Falls area hwy 129 north of Thessalon,Ont. Wanted to dump and ride everywhere along there on the way up.

The F trail between Aubrey Falls and Chapleau is like that. all hills. I like to ride between the trail and hwy 129. Its conforting to know the hwy is right there if something goes wrong. If you drive up to Chapleau take Ranger lake road hwy 556. It shaves off alot of drive time. It starts in Heyden just north of the Soo. It would be sweet if that trail between 1/2 way and Chapleau gets openned again. I have rode it 2 yrs. ago not groomed barely a sign to be found, out in the most remote area I have ever been. 1/2 way Haven has come along ways since the first time I been through there. very nice owners.

Everyone straight with Sat. plan ?
    Hope it works out , I want to see some backwoods riding. Maybe find a good ride area for weinee roast for quick lunch ????

As long as Andy knows what is going on I am good. I'd love to do some backwoods cooking and test out my fire starting stuff. Brats?

I think we are all on the same page. Meet at getsome's place on Saturday. Around 9:00 am sound alright? We will just trailer up to his place and unload there. Seems easy enough to find. If not, I have the number to call. As far as lunch in the bush, I am up for anything but would prefer to travel light.

cuzz, If you want to cook thats fine, Or we can get lunch at the Bear Trap in Van Meer, straight west of where were riding. They have a Wisconsin burger that is to die for. Sliced brat on a lg. hamburger bunn and fries. Or A Wis/MI burger, brat and hamburger sandwich! Its a real heart stopper!

I'm up for whatever. I just don't want any booze till we're done riding for the day.

Weather report for Central northern UP says, Going to get hammered starting Tuesday very late and snowing hard for Wednesday. Sweet! If cuzz, Andy and clan are still planning both friday and saturday ridng we can fit it all in. I will have to get you guys up to the "Lake Superior Brewing Co." for pizza and brew at least one of the nights.

cuzz, bring your fire starting stuff. We can cook brats. You guys still planning for friday too? We don't drink and ride either. But we do have a few after the sleds are put away. What is nice about Seney and Grand Marais is you can walk to your motel from the bar.

Young bucks in my group are wanting to hit the Dunes Saloon Sat. night for sure, that or Andy's.
    Going to talk with local buddy with a camp near the 888 and 8 intersection. Maybe have fire there. Even closer to the boondock action. Like doing the cookout deals.

We are planning on cooking dinners at the house in Seney. You guys are invited. Not opposed to going out for a few, and/or dinner, either after the ride. We will be up there on Thursday so just let us know if you guys want to ride Friday also. We can trailer to meet up if we are far apart. You have my number, let us know what your plans are.

I am all about the Dunes Saloon on Saturday. Excellent pizza. I gotta go catch the weather report. sounds like snow! Sweet!!!

Past Hillclimb in the Bush

You guys think we'll have hero snow?

Getting my day trip, pictured in my mind.
    Lots to explore, usually lose track of someone.
    Drivers meeting sat. morning, ha ha
    Get the real condition of snow before Thurs.
    Dad drives plow truck for county....

Cuzz, hope not, lets' just call it 3'plus of base to rest the oncomming powder on. We should be fine. Friday we can wing it. It all depends on what mother-nature gives us to work with. I got a few things planned. How do you like water crossings? lol. Saturday is getsomes day and sounds like he is planning a wonderfully treacherous day for us!! Sweet.

No water crossings for my sled. I have vents on the sides and get snow in there. I WILL NOT cross water unless I have no other choice. I am all about doing the crazy stuff and love to climb. I can't wait.

Cuzz, give me a break. I have seen you cross water before. You just jump it! Wayne, just lead and I guarantee you Cuzz will follow. He's not fooling anyone. He is harder on his sled than almost all of us. Speaking of water, ask him about our river adventure.

Andy - I have never taken my sled out on open water and don't think I ever will. I jumped those huge snow mounds on the Baltimore River because I was scared to death to go slow LOL. I'll follow Wayne but not to open water. Any hill, any terrain, etc... but NO water. I think Jay is as hard on his sled too and will go most places I will. I don't care about brush since I took the stickers off LOL... but I didn't break anything this year except for that diamond drive that wasn't my fault. OK, well, I ripped off one of those extra hood straps from the side on the last trip but I picked a line up this hill that was covered in trees LOL.

getting excited to get out in the bush. this rain crap is real annoying. Better make the changeover tonight. I think we have a camp area to have lunch. I am leaning toward brats on the muffpot. Fire great also. Try to "getsome" ketchup/mustard packs from the vendor. You guys sound like old ride buddies already, sound like my kind of group. Although, I like my watercrossing. Done the Lake Superior bay in Grand Marais on July 4th before, what a rush.
    My group of FLIT's are loaded and pointed north.

Cuzz, don't worry! I am referring to some creek crossings and low wet areas that some times break open after the first across. nothing more than waist deep! lol. (that's if your standing on the seat). lol If it makes you feel better look at my profile pic. The red and black RMK. It has plenty of shock tower vents and sinks like a rock. I just send Doug and Mikey out on the ice and have them kick the ice with their heels while we watch from high ground. I was just seeing if you was paying attention. An old trapper in Canada showed me how to build ice bridges. I always want to use my shovel.

OK, you build an ice bridge for me and I'll cross it. Deal? If it is short stretch I don't care. I just don't want anything big. If you do find bigger stuff make sure you have some Pampers and a tissue for me.

I interpreted "water crossings" as creeks, not skipping open water for yards at a time. I know you have crossed many creeks. I have no problem with creeks but am not keen on open water either to clarify. Any good powerline has at least one creek to cross, lol. Tampons float also (I think).

I am refering to creek crossings. I am not crazy! no wide open water for me.

Blowing and little snow currently at Adams Trail
    Temp dropped 10F since the morning. Tonight good chance for L.E.S. Good Luck travel safe tomorrow, guys.

Here comes the Reaper. "Not looking so good guys". The blizzard fizzled out. Not sure what to do. Let's not fall apart. Cuzz can still catch the train to Togwotee. I have from Thursday night to the following wednesday night clear. Wawa has snow 4 cases of beer deep? With more on the way. 437 miles from home or 375 to Seney. whats your thoughts. check out www.nlmotel.com I know my way around there VERY well. Lots of off trail.

I'm still in for Seney. Have reservations that can not be cancelled this late and no time to go further to Canada unfortunately. Hero snow here we come. I am going to make the best of it. This time of year you always take a chance.

We're out on the Seney trip because of conditions. We'll all have to get together to ride next season. Sorry for the late notice.

who's still in for Seney? we'll be there regardless. Call me if want , or show up Sat.

I'm heading back to Chapleau for Easter. Have fun in Wawa Wayne. Wanna chat with you more about Ontario, sometime. was stoked to find some longtrackers to chat with.

Sorry we're bailing on Seney guys. Just from exchanging e-mail and posts with you guys I could tell we were going to have a good crew. Let's get together next year for sure. This is my last trip for the season so we are trying to make it count. Judgement call. Andy

Yea, I was definitely looking forward to meeting and riding with you cats. We'll have to definitely do it next year. I still (itsy bitsey tiney wennie chance) might come back up this year if there is an epic storm. If not I'll be heading to the Snowies in April.

Keep me posted guys. On your adventures. I have the prime location there for Seney. I love to go out west also, I'm interested in info for Snowies area. looking for new spots. And I have pretty good hook up for Ontario trips. I am not done ridin yet either.

I'll post pics here Mon from the trip eh!

Wanna get in on the trip to the Snowies? It would be somewhere between the 4th and 11th of April. Email me if you're interested.

cuzz,
    Got the beacon and probe boxed and ready to go. Do you want me to throw my beacon in for your April trip? Your welcome to it.
    You may want to talk to nitroman if your looking for more riders in the Snowies. He sounded interested.

Hey guys. I am not sure what we are doing now. Plan B is Wawa. Even thought Snowies. Only problem sleds are 4 hrs. in the wrong direction to go get. We most certainly want to do a redo with you guys. Next season for sure. If we go North to get sleds we will continue north. So Wawa is the logical place for me to go. Have Fun! Wayne

We are here in Wawa. It is snowing like crazy!! 4 foot of snow plus. The town is dead. Only 2 other sleds in the area besides us. Motel has high speed! bonus!!! Riding the badlands tomorrow!

Where is Wawa?

Sorry, It is in Ontario. About 3 hr. drive north of Soo Saint Marie. Google it. try www.nlmotel.com wawamotorlodge.com Snowing just stopped. Deep Pow folks!!! We are here all week. Two other sleds here that's it. We ride off trail and have thousands of acres of Queenland all to ourselves. I have rode here since 1999. It is closer for us to go to than to central UP. and always more snow. Duty free has Jameson irish wiskey on sale 2 for 1 price. Border crossing was a breeze. We said we are sledders the custom guy said, "Welcome to Canada, spend freely". went to the beer store first thing. lol

We made it to Mohawk in the Keweenaw. Conditions are ok. Deep snow but it is set up hero snow. Can go anywhere. Played in the woods most of yesterday. I always struggle posting pics on here so i am sure Cuzz will when time permits.

Hey Andy and Keith, Glad to here you made it. We purley lucked out! The power lines off the Magpie river had been brushed out last summer. Rode them most the whole day. Did not see another sled the whole day. We rode some of the trails that haven't been ridden by anyone at all this yr. Groomers haven't groomed them either. 3-5 feet deep in the bush eh! We will post pics when we get home.

We definitely want to try that area with you guys next season. Can't wait to see the pics.

Getsome, how were things in Seney?

Not bad riding, fire lunch was extra enjoyable with nice weather. Covered most of the ground I planned to. Hillclimb in the bush was great, no one had made the top yet. Still to easy for the longtracks. FLIT's had fun. It was fun to go everywhere and discover new areas cross country. Check this snow depth !

Second Day of Wawa. Can't explain it. working on getting pics. out of camera. No one here but us 3-5 feet on the ground 35 degrees today. Sun shine and serious off trail. Having a great time. Power lines and mountain riding. Canadas best kept secret. Nice pic getsome. Tomorrow is suppose to be 48 degrees. we may be done. Got a sun tan today.

Andy and Cuzz, I am going to put some preasure on you guys to ride Wawa this yr. in March. I am going to Tog. with you in Jan.

Let's start a new thread and title to start the season. Hoping to ride Seney Thanksgiving wknd.
    Planning to hit Chapleau first part March. think about a weekend to meet @ Adams Trail. Looking forward to the above conditions. Send me some pics of your Wawa trip. I just winterized 2Loons Camp Oct 9th. JIM