Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boat life

You can't go on a "vacation" when your already on an adventure. You two better be careful or your gona "relax" yourselves to death!!

Quote Originally Posted by snowdancer View Post
    You can't go on a "vacation" when your already on an adventure. You two better be careful or your gona "relax" yourselves to death!!
    No doubt. swam in Lake Michigan all day and going for Prime Rib dinner in a couple minutes. Tuckers a guy out. Had a club meeting this morning and as VP I had some listening to do. signed up some new club members got the treasurer to take another term, Secretary held firm with another term, slid a VP in my place and will be Commodore by Oct.6th. So not all play. Fun can be a lot of work! Hope all are having a great summer! Winter can't get here soon enough for me!

Boat life....................not so easy....................rented out the house in pic above. $1200 per week. In the winter it will be a heating nightmare and parking.............Hahaha!

Did you buy that house? What did I miss?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_B View Post
    Did you buy that house? What did I miss?
    All ready renting it! seller said , "no problem". no interest land contract. sweet deal! winter looks like another story. 1 lane sand dune drive one way and no garage. I found a condo in Allendale to move into. Wife died of the seller and fireside sale. Picked up for a song. Across from Grand Valley University, (1/8th of a mile) easy flip in spring. Bike Time has been my focus this week. Also development of my external internet antenna for boats is coming along well. Other than that, hanging out on the docks takes most my time! Note: dimple dies will be on a very limited sale this year!

Man, Wayne, I take a little hiatus from the computer and your taking over the Marina, buying up the local property, and renting it already and have another place to rest your head!!! Boy selling your house and living on the boat sure has presented you with some great opportunities!!! I guess have you found the house to settle down in yet?! Or are you still looking from pier of your boat?

Quote Originally Posted by frosty View Post
    Man, Wayne, I take a little hiatus from the computer and your taking over the Marina, buying up the local property, and renting it already and have another place to rest your head!!! Boy selling your house and living on the boat sure has presented you with some great opportunities!!! I guess have you found the house to settle down in yet?! Or are you still looking from pier of your boat?
    Selling the house gave me a chunk of change to work with. I have always been working on inventions of some sort. Sitting under the tree in front of the boat is getting old. The Condo puts me closer to Grand Rapids for work and takes the wife to dry land. No blow outs with her over this entire process. still pursuing the land deal next to the Race track. No closing date set.

Back to boating chat, watching all the boats making a wake thru the marina today shaking my house. Sheriff was sitting in marina yesterday and everyone followed the speed limit.........go figure. Has life gotten so busy that even when relaxing it has to be done in a hurry. Pontoon boats (basically floating swim platforms) go zooming by with 250HP out boards on them. A 40HP would do the trick?????? Slow down, enjoy being on the water Nice day to be alive. Save Monday for rushing around. http://www.grandhaventribune.com/con...-beached-owner
    Last edited by polarisrider1; 07-26-2012 at 10:33 PM.

Tons-o-fun! Weeks are blowing by and summer is getting shorter. Condo life????? maybe, tons of rules and actually had to apply into an association to live there. (I have one to many dogs, lettered up work truck and Motorcycles), so I may not be accepted for those are no-nos in their book of rules. So boat life may continue a bit longer. the house on the dune is rented and turning in some good money, winter time, wife said, don't like all the steps, no yard for the dogs, no garage. No word on the land deal either. life goes on. Coast Guard Festival for those who never been brings in about 200,000 people into a town built for 12,000 for a week. So everything gets done in the very early hours around here during this time. The fireworks are of the highest caliber in the Nation. People stake out their spots days in advance. spending up to 16-18 hours in their spots to wait, then fight extreme traffic snarls to exit, taking up to 4 hrs. to get out of town. I am pretty lucky to be able to watch from the boat with no dealing with all that. Fireworks are next saturday.
    Had a sailboat stuck in the mud behind me yesterday, without the snow melt from Superior and the lack of rain we are sitting about 2 feet lower in the slip.

Insanity weekend with Coast Guard festival going on. Land deal is a go, condo deal is a go all in last 3 minutes. Three months of boat life and wife has had enough. I need an office on solid ground is her main issue. I am liking the idea of not having to mow the lawn or moving snow so I will give a condo a try.

Good for you Wayne, now you can say you've done the boat life thing and mark it off your bucket list, if you have one?! I'm glad everything worked out for you on the land deal and condo, and I'm with you on cutting the lawn. I have an acre to cut tomorrow and dreading it already this afternoon. I like having the drought, so I didn't have to cut the grass, but hate seeing what it was doing to the farmers around here and nation wide.

Got some pics to post today, raining big time and fireworks are?????? I suspect going to happen anyways. Water is way down without the rain and Superior snow melt.

Good for you Wayne, now you can say you've done the boat life thing and mark it off your bucket list, if you have one?! I'm glad everything worked out for you on the land deal and condo, and I'm with you on cutting the lawn. I have an acre to cut tomorrow and dreading it already this afternoon. I like having the drought, so I didn't have to cut the grass, but hate seeing what it was doing to the farmers around here and nation wide.
    Over the past 3 months I have come to many conclusions in life. 1. we have way to much stuff. 2. stuff does not make you happy. 3.love and life is what you make it. 4. Boat life is not for everyone 5. Not everyone will work as hard as you. 6. A laundry room and mail box is key to life (lol) 7. You only live once. 8.Bucket lists are a must. 9. Hot dogs on the grill can be served 10,000 ways. 10.looking at water gets old.

2012-08-05_11-46-44_615.jpgRockin and a Rollin' with high winds today. Yesterday 94 today 76.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Where has all the water gone? Down about 4 feet. sorry can't figure out how to turn pics on phone. normal level is about 3 inches below the wood on the concrete piling. Note: the boats are floating in fluid, part water and many parts??? This is the Grand River after all!
    Last edited by polarisrider1; 08-05-2012 at 11:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by polarisrider1 View Post
    DANG!!!!! Girlfriend was thick in that video!!!! She SHOULD NOT BEEN WEARING A BIKINI!!!!!! Oh yea, that sucks about the boat!

DANG!!!!! Girlfriend was thick in that video!!!! She SHOULD NOT BEEN WEARING A BIKINI!!!!!! Oh yea, that sucks about the boat!
    Wasn't me!

Well, Pizza guys will deliver anywhere for a tip. They found me in the draw bridge house! in GH.http://search.aol.com/aol/image?q=Gr...yword_rollover
    Last edited by polarisrider1; 08-07-2012 at 10:47 PM.

http://media.mlive.com/chronicle/new...3da_medium.jpg I live on the Island in the middle and at the far left of pic. looks like way more land at ground level. Close on Condo the friday and in 2 weeks I will be living on solid ground again. 3 months, and a bucket list item checked off! lol

Hope everyone is having a great summer! Winter will be here soon! 2 weeks and off this boat and no more pizza with momma raccoon under the draw bridge, I have deer swimming behind the boat and running down the road. Harbor Island is a deer hunters Paradise if it was'nt within the city limits.

Is the boat going to stay parked where you have it when you make land fall permanently?

Is the boat going to stay parked where you have it when you make land fall permanently?
    Yes, Boat will be unloaded of stuff and I bet it will raise 4 inches in the slip. The boat will be in the same slip next year also. It is my summer getaway and will be my home away from home once again. I still purchased the land to build on and will see if condo living is for me or not. If not I will build in the spring. Work is really picking up and I will need to find time here in next 2 weeks to move. The idea of buying a Trawler and doing the great loop is still on my "bucket list". I will give it a try in about 5 years.

My wife lower pic, my sister from another mister on the far left, good friend on upper right. arguing over who makes the best jello shots. life is tough dealing with them.

Who the heck would of thought that I would be the Commodore of the RYC and my wife would win then Lottery! (just kidding about the lottery). She did the rain dance to give us a good summer and a drought we recieved. http://main.rivierayachtclub.com/ Wife is on right side of pic one enjoying her win.
    Last edited by polarisrider1; 08-14-2012 at 11:01 PM.

And Wayne celebrated a little too much with the Fireball!!

This year 1/4 mile from my boat. I own the same size and style boat, build better than I thought. http://www.wzzm13.com/news/article/2...in-Spring-Lake

Big move is under way. I amost burst into tears when I broke an unopened bottle (1/2 gal) of Crown Royal today. Life is so cruel! Opened the truck door and it slide out and hit the pavement, the Marina dumpster now has all the Guys with straws standing around it.

You forgot to mention when it was unopened. It was probably half full by the time it hit the pavement.

Getting this grilling thing down. Chicken, corn on the cob on the grill. Pounding down some fun punch. Homemade cole slaw and bake beans. Life is good! Only problem with this boat life is everyday is a Saturday! Should be off the boat for the most part by the end of the month. The Crown????? Well I still have 2 bottles on the boat, love Chitown and Cardinal liquers for stocking me up.

nice day for a ride.

Boat life will slow down in about 2 weeks. The Condo has been stripped down to the drywall, painters start hopefully tommorrow, tile bath floors and tile entry at same time, carpet the day after labor day, new countertops, new light fixtures somewhere in the mix. then move in. Chilli cookoff this weekend at the Marina. Haven't been around much at the Marina with all that's going on. Also bought the land for the parking lot/camp ground project next to Race track.http://www.berlinraceway.com/index.html
    Last edited by polarisrider1; 08-28-2012 at 09:54 PM.

Wow! The race track is going to have dollar beers and hot dogs! I'd be in heaven.

Winding down the season. All the a holes come out for the "holydays" Chilli cook off judging is what has kept me up this late................burp. anyways hope all are doing well in JD land! should be a land lubbers in next week or so. Living on a boat and recreating on one are 2 different things. Party on Garth!

Quote Originally Posted by catalac View Post
    Wow! The race track is going to have dollar beers and hot dogs! I'd be in heaven.
    World of Outlaws coming up on the 22nd.

I am no longer "Living" on the boat. Condo life. It had been an interesting 4 months.

Congrats Mate!

Now you can buy a golf cart and cruise around in plaid shorts, black socks and some phat white shoes.

Knowing you, soon you will be the president of Del Boca Vista!

Congrats Mate!

Now you can buy a golf cart and cruise around in plaid shorts, black socks and some phat white shoes.

Knowing you, soon you will be the president of Del Boca Vista!
    Thinking about it! Got some rule changing to do! I am seriously thinking to run for at least a Board position. Who would of thunk I would ever be a Commodore of a Yacht Club even. Big party (with a band) at the GH Eagle club to welcome me aboard. amazing! I wonder if I can do weddings at sea now??? they haven't updated yet, but soon to come http://main.rivierayachtclub.com/info.php?iphone=0

5 to 8 foot waves tomorrow on lake MI. whoo hoo! staying on land.

I'd be out cruising on the boat! Don Johnson style!!

I'd be out cruising on the boat! Don Johnson style!!
    Can't believe the wife wants to go to the boat for the weekend????? We had to get a "white noise" machine for the condo so we can sleep, guess all the water,waves, wind and other racket we got used to hearing at night helped us sleep. Dead quite at the Condo.

Quote Originally Posted by polarisrider1 View Post
    5 to 8 foot waves tomorrow on lake MI. whoo hoo! staying on land.
    off by a little. GRAND HAVEN TO WHITEHALL MI-
    1046 PM EDT WED SEP 19 2012

...GALE WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 5 AM EDT THURSDAY...

WAVES 8 TO 12 FEET SUBSIDING TO
    6 TO 10 FEET TOWARD DAYBREAK.

3 weeks of living on land. Our boat neighbors who are living on their boat said they miss us. Well it has been raining and high seas for awhile now. Waiting for a calm day to run the boat to Muskegon for winter storage. yesterday we had 9 footers on the lake. 100% rain here for Sunday. looks like rain all next week in GH.

PR1, what do your "old" neighbors do in the winter when they can't live on the boat? Do they get an apartment till April or May?

PR1, what do your "old" neighbors do in the winter when they can't live on the boat? Do they get an apartment till April or May?
    They have a house about 2 miles from their boat. I am getting concerned about the weather, all it is doing is wind and rain. I need to get my boat into storage soon. The marina shut the water off to me. Still have electric. Need to get gas and a pump out before storage. Looks like Sunday may be my chance to run it up to Muskegon from Grand Haven. Heading over to defrost the fridge and get the Zodiac into storage today! (in the rain).

Went to the last open gas dock in the area today. They know it, so gas was $4.75 a gallon. bought 80 gallons even though 200 gallons would of been nice. $15 for pump out of head (I did all the work). I was at their mercy, paid the kid and moved on. Boat got scrubbed down and rinsed with river water (yes the brown stuff). Fridge defrosted and cupboards empty. I had to reflect back and think about the past summer. I do not think I will live full time again on a boat, even thou it was only 3 1/2 months. Check that one off the "Bucket list". Tomorrow or soon I will get it into storage before they lock the doors for winter. (weather permitting).

Neighbors boat is still in, he said, "Five more days". I don't even want to look at my boat let alone wax it. I got it in indoor heated storage. Got a Auto detailer guy who is just getting started out on his own to make it all shiney again.

What size black and grey tanks does that thing have? As long as you stayed on it this year, it seems like it would have to have been pumped quite a bit. Unless you just "leaned" over the back. That would explain the color of the river! :0

What size black and grey tanks does that thing have? As long as you stayed on it this year, it seems like it would have to have been pumped quite a bit. Unless you just "leaned" over the back. That would explain the color of the river! :0
    No gray water tank, straight shot to river, black water tank has vacuflush and takes about a half of a cup of water to flush. Holds 40 gallons. Bath house is 6 slips over. I suspect that the boats that are still in have bypass valves and dump all illegally. The marina has dock side pump out for $30 so we used that twice for the summer.

I am officially a boat person again. Sold condo in 2 days. This time it is for 3 weeks. (Building a new house). How time flies.

WTH……I thought this condo was it!!! PR1 you picked a **** of time to have the boat life again!

Congrats on the selling of the condo and purchase of the house. Wheres the new stabbin cabin now, still local?

WTH……I thought this condo was it!!! PR1 you picked a **** of time to have the boat life again!

Congrats on the selling of the condo and purchase of the house. Wheres the new stabbin cabin now, still local?
    Moving day is tomorrow at 9am. Found a nice apartment for Mamma, the dogs and myself in Grand Rapids as our new house is being built half way between GR and GH.only did a week on boat this time. Last time was 4 months.

Still moving. Hired guys this time. Central Park Place. Living with the rollers.

Just visiting tonight. Breaking ground on new house in 3 weeks. My stuff is strung out in 3 storage units. Living on a boat is over rated. Season ends for me October 15

Just extended season to Oct. 31.

Boat goes in on April 17th