Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boat life

Default Boat life

Seven days and I will be officially homeless (sold the house) looking for another or will build. Mean time plan on spending next 4 months or so living in a confined space with my wife and 2 dogs. The Galley table will consist of our entire operation to run 2 companies off from. it will be tight. wife will use back of her car as her closet and I will live out of duffle bags. We did get a nearby storage locker for the motorcycles. We sold off half a 3400 sq.ft. house full of stuff we did not really need. Stuffed a storage locker to the rafters with the good stuff. 2 lockers (total) that are for business use also, bingo cheaper than property taxes and are tax deductable. She still kept about 60 purses and 100 prs. of shoes. I have 1 pr. of tennis shoes and 1 pr. of Harley boots and only one wallet (go figure). As long as we have internet (boat can't leave the dock) we can work. Refined the tools in the truck as to what is important for work. As long as everyone realizes it will be business as usual I suspect this will work out for the summer. Post office box will work for snail mail.
    Last edited by polarisrider1; 05-04-2012 at 08:41 AM.

Hope you have AC on the boat otherwise you can be in for some uncomfortable nights. We slept on the our boat multiple times during the summer and when it got warmer it was tough but after the 1st couple times i installed fans to cool things off. Actually it was not the hot days that were bad it was the humid days. But it was definitely a lot of fun.
    Last edited by racerx; 05-04-2012 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by racerx View Post
    Hope you have AC on the boat otherwise you can be in for some uncomfortable nights. We slept on the our boat multiple times during the summer and when it got warmer it was tough but after the 1st couple times i installed fans to cool things off. Actually it was not the hot days that were bad it was the humid days. But it was definitely a lot of fun.
    yup on the air.

Sounds like its time for a bigger boat!

Quote Originally Posted by two_tone View Post
    Sounds like its time for a bigger boat!
    Wife has a storage unit full of purses, belts and shoes. Insane amounts of clothes. Her answer to my saying this is insane was, "I don't have a $12,000 snowmobile that is just for your out west trips with the guys". She has a point and I found her a storage locker close by so she can "rotate" Accessories. Life goes on.

Did not know boat living would be so tough. Went to set up a PO Box today since mail boxes don't exist in the boat world. The lady said, "You need 2 pcs of ID for each name on the box and I need your address." Well Duh!!! I would not need a PO Box if I had an address, I told her. She went into that governmental mental state on me, I had to circle around the long line at least 5 times to get a PO Box from her, I gave her my old address. She said to me, you need to get your drivers license address changed to your new address also. What part of no address did she not get. So I made up an address for her. It is: Drawbridge 1 Harbor Drive, Grand Haven Mi.49 bla bla bla. told her it was snug living under the bridge with a Goose, 2 ravens and a racoon. She was not amused. Next:
    Went to the SOS to register a new boat I just bought to hold the over flow of the first boat. Never said a thing about moving and they left my license and address alone. Got right out of there (they just want money and could care less if you live under a bridge down by the river. When do I get to kick back and fish????? We are going to up grade storage locker #2 to something a bit larger.

Please Wayne, you're life will be OK! Don't harm yourself! It's OK to own two boats, a trailer up north in an enclosed pole barn, a storage unit, a spot under the Grand Haven lift bridge, a new sled and an endless supply of whiskey! You will be OK! I promise! Don't let those little people with jobs get to you! Just give them you're money and they will go away!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_B View Post
    Please Wayne, you're life will be OK! Don't harm yourself! It's OK to own two boats, a trailer up north in an enclosed pole barn, a storage unit, a spot under the Grand Haven lift bridge, a new sled and an endless supply of whiskey! You will be OK! I promise! Don't let those little people with jobs get to you! Just give them you're money and they will go away!!
    Hey is that any way to treat the homeless (me)

Quote Originally Posted by polarisrider1 View Post
    Hey is that any way to treat the homeless (me)
    Yes, yes it is.

Yes, yes it is.
    Well, now you know where you will be staying when you visit!

Well, now you know where you will be staying when you visit!
    I put in an offer on some land and the seller took the bait, hope to start building in about a month. The new boat is 10' long. Here is my late night "whisky runner".http://www.walkerbay.com/genesis-rib...transom-deluxe
    Last edited by polarisrider1; 05-07-2012 at 08:25 PM.

i would have just rented a apartment for a year ur going thru way too much **** in this process

Quote Originally Posted by attack_06 View Post
    i would have just rented a apartment for a year ur going thru way too much **** in this process
    It's all part of the adventure. two dogs and apartment living not so sure. then I would have to move furniture another time into and out of the apartment. I do have a plan "B" that is 118 miles north that I can go to. Moms house is 7 miles south (could never do that again and stay sane) and a friend has offered thier finished basement to move in and thats just 5 miles from the boat and 50 miles from Grand Rapids were I mostly work. I am thinking of just taking a mini retirement for the entire summer, then I can stay up north and on the boat kinda like I normally do. work at getting the new house built (half the size and better location) and orchestrate that since I do have a builders license. I sold the house since it was way under used and way big.. mainly was a place to do laundry and park the over flow of vehicles and toys.
    Last edited by polarisrider1; 05-08-2012 at 03:10 PM.

Phoenix, AZ (Displaced Yooper with family connections in Houghton, Ontonagon & Marquette counties.)

Did not know boat living would be so tough. Went to set up a PO Box today since mail boxes don't exist in the boat world. The lady said, "You need 2 pcs of ID for each name on the box and I need your address." Well Duh!!! I would not need a PO Box if I had an address, I told her. She went into that governmental mental state on me, I had to circle around the long line at least 5 times to get a PO Box from her, I gave her my old address. She said to me, you need to get your drivers license address changed to your new address also. What part of no address did she not get. So I made up an address for her. It is: Drawbridge 1 Harbor Drive, Grand Haven Mi.49 bla bla bla. told her it was snug living under the bridge with a Goose, 2 ravens and a racoon. She was not amused. Next:
    Went to the SOS to register a new boat I just bought to hold the over flow of the first boat. Never said a thing about moving and they left my license and address alone. Got right out of there (they just want money and could care less if you live under a bridge down by the river. When do I get to kick back and fish????? We are going to up grade storage locker #2 to something a bit larger.
    " that governmental mental state " Ya just gotta luv it!

I have often wondered what folks do if they are full time RV'ers, cruisin' the country in their $250,000 motor home (or perhaps their $3,000,000! (click →) Motor Mansion?) but with no permanent "home address", no real estate (and no real estate taxes!), can't get a P.O. Box, or even a (click →) "Private Mail Box"without a "permanent home address", "can't register to vote without a "permanent home address", etc.

last thing out the door is this computer. today is the day. Marina is filling up fast with boats been using most all of their 12 dumpsters (spreading it our) to get rid of the tail end of the move. It will be interesting to see who kills who off first in tight quarters.

Okay got slower than dial up speed. Getting a big antenna in the am from a computer guy, mounting it on the dock 15 feet in the air. That shou;d get me about a dozen more un secured internet connections. Who Hoo! I will post a pic of my new office when it gets light out. Officially a "Boat Person" who lives next to a draw bridge down by the river. Now to figure out how to get one of those big side by side fridges with ice maker in the door on board.

new digs
    Attached Images Attached Images

last thing out the door is this computer. today is the day. Marina is filling up fast with boats been using most all of their 12 dumpsters (spreading it our) to get rid of the tail end of the move. It will be interesting to see who kills who off first in tight quarters.
    Well at least the tight quarters will speed up the house hunting/ building process.

Quote Originally Posted by 700classic View Post
    Well at least the tight quarters will speed up the house hunting/ building process.
    I hope the land deal part would speed up, I am waiting on an updated survey. This 1-2 Mps as compared to the 54 Mps computer speed is like going back to real slow dial up. Got deer swimming behind the boat, it woke the dogs up!!!!

Boat life in the computer Dept. is much improved. For those who know me, I invented a new external Antenna for boating with a computer that is below deck. (yes, I come up with the rare odd ball things that make life better). My antenna is water proof and quadruples the signal strength that a standard internal wifi card with antenna offers up. It is also a "plug and Play" USB port ready to go with a real simple software disc that my boating neighbor wrote in about 15 minutes. Dang how do I do it???? So after a day of testing I think marketing it will be next. Between Staples and Home depot I got all the parts and pcs. Goal was to make a marine internet antenna that looks pro and actually works. bingo. Who would of thunk. I work hard to not work hard.
    Last edited by polarisrider1; 05-13-2012 at 11:02 PM.

Day 5. rocking and rolling. 40 mph winds, 1/2" hail, rain, lightning, thunder all the fun stuff. Antenna is working fine. Dogs are going nuts! fired up the boat radar and looking every bit as rough as my "Rainy days" app on the droid. Laundry stack is getting tall.

Hey there's your next project! With that endless supply of water all you gotta do is hook up a washing machine.

Quote Originally Posted by snowdancer View Post
    Hey there's your next project! With that endless supply of water all you gotta do is hook up a washing machine.
    This is the Grand River, just a hair better than any major river in China. Boats MUST have bottom paint of zinc and copper to shed off the yuck! Zebra Mussels can't even live in this soup. I have been eyeing the hot tub in the Club house, turn it on, add clothes, add some bubbles and stir with a boat oar. Wife said how long before they toss Jed Clampett (me) out of here. She is off to the laundry as I type.

Day 11, went shopping for a bigger boat! Found a 34' Mainship..............We will see.

Day 11, went shopping for a bigger boat! Found a 34' Mainship..............We will see.
    Now were talkin!!!
    Are your numbers right? should be 43 not 34

Now were talkin!!!
    Are your numbers right? should be 43 not 34
    Correct I flip flopped the numbers. here it is http://www.mainship.com/models/previous_models/p43.htm

Memorial Weekend......... All the crazies come out of the wood work. I am not pin pointing any group but the Bayliner bunch are the most dangerous by far. Simple because those boats are inexpensive to purchase and it brings out the week end warriors with their families. Add in families that "must" spend time together drinking takes place. Who really wants to spend the day with uncle Eddie and his brat kids. ( I see a boat/snowmobile relation here). Anyways Lets all be safe and remember your boat does not have brakes. No wake means no wake! Your shaking my house, most of all, Please take a moment to honor our Fallen Heros.
    Last edited by polarisrider1; 05-28-2012 at 08:36 PM.

Living on an Island in the Grand River Delta can be fun. http://www.michigandnr.com/publicati...Hrbr/index.htm

Wayne did u get the 43 footer. It looks like a nice vessel!

The buttheads from frozen water just moved over to the liquid stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by frosty View Post
    Wayne did u get the 43 footer. It looks like a nice vessel!

The buttheads from frozen water just moved over to the liquid stuff!
    Wife did not like it??????? Heck she went to the laundramat and I am sitting under a tree watching the crazies go by. I have a friend who will sell me his 01 Sea Ray 48' which has all the latest upgrades with washer and dryer, 60" plasma,etc. He has about a million two into it. He said, Give me 385 and it is yours. His wife is all about the grandkids and they never us the boat. Cummins diesels the works. Year round living if I drop that much coin. It books at around $575,000. I would have to keep it, he said He knows how much I love his boat so I can't flip it.
    Last edited by polarisrider1; 05-28-2012 at 08:37 PM.

I say buy it sounds like the ideal retirement home toss the anchor some place around FT Myers or Marco island heck why pay taxes Dominican republic and call it home.
    I got a buddy who's dad has been living in a 52 Hatters tied to a sea wall in a channel in cape coral for 4 yrs.he payed less than 10g for the parking spot less than 2 blocks to gulf no bridge's.
    I just got my boat in on fri and first real use today

I would say buy it, try it for a year and if doesn't work out, sell it for 500 and your still ahead and you'll know. Never second guessing if should have or not.

I would say buy it, try it for a year and if doesn't work out, sell it for 500 and your still ahead and you'll know. Never second guessing if should have or not.
    What about the 2 10x30 storage units full of my wifes stuff?

Ezra, it is about five grand for slip and 5 grand to indoor heated store it per year that is still some outlay. Insurance can't be cheap on it either. But still thinking about making it work. I could buy the slip but slip condo costs run around $2500 per 6 months. Slips in here run about 30 grand unless you are ready with cash on a forecloser and those go fast.

[QUOTE=polarisrider1;284072]What about the 2 10x30 storage units full of my wifes stuff?[QUOTE]

Just pay a year up front and tell her we'll be back in a year, take what you need for sailing! Then just throw in, you can some stuff up along the way.

Wayne you should give up the tile thang and just become a professional blogger! Blog about life on a boat and then in the winter blog about sledding in the Midwest and out west.

heck drive it up to hancock in october run a big extention cord to M&M and bubbel it in

Wayne you should give up the tile thang and just become a professional blogger! Blog about life on a boat and then in the winter blog about sledding in the Midwest and out west.
    Does it pay anything? lol

Sure! Charge 2 bucks a month for a subscribtion. I would pay it juat to see what hill or hole u dug urself into! That might mean u would have cut down on posting here. Indy would be happy with that! Did he get a girlfriend, sure haven't heard a peep out of him?

Call the blog "The Adventures of Tile Man"

Buy it and do the "Great Loop"...spend some time in the Bahamas...fly back do some sledding. Sounds good anyway

Buy it and do the "Great Loop"...spend some time in the Bahamas...fly back do some sledding. Sounds good anyway
    The great loop is on my to do list.

Somber night.

Somber night.
    Okay, brain damage on my part to load pics from phone. Trust me, rain stopped yesterday, very nice evening. A momma swan went by carrying her babies on her back, papa swan in full protection mode. We can learn a lot from nature. Got a nice pic. Just need a computer wiz to get it on here.

Jaded. Is about it.

Stick your foot in the sink while you plug in the wireless modem and usb to upload pics. The extra energy created from the electical shock will increase your upload speed by 32%.

You could probably reach, and sip, the Fireball at the same time. Spill a little and you'll be lightning fast!

Stick your foot in the sink while you plug in the wireless modem and usb to upload pics. The extra energy created from the electical shock will increase your upload speed by 32%.

You could probably reach, and sip, the Fireball at the same time. Spill a little and you'll be lightning fast!
    Thani you good buddy! It worked!

Fourth week of boating life..................getting a bit old. Got word yesterday that by the end of next week I will be closing on some land (1.5 acres) and can start building soon after. Will still live on boat with wife and 2 dogs until snow flies or house is done which ever comes first. Wonderful, the "FULL DO NOT FLUSH" light just came on. 4 weeks not bad?? wife said, count it as a sewer bill. $30 for pump out!!!! they come to the boat and because it is saturday. During the week $20. they did take my credit card number...Sweet! Chrome cash!
    Last edited by polarisrider1; 06-09-2012 at 10:54 AM.

PR1, you got AC on the boat? Its getting pretty warm out now, dont want you or momma throwing someone overboard!

Fourth week of boating life..................getting a bit old. Got word yesterday that by the end of next week I will be closing on some land (1.5 acres) and can start building soon after. Will still live on boat with wife and 2 dogs until snow flies or house is done which ever comes first. Wonderful, the "FULL DO NOT FLUSH" light just came on. 4 weeks not bad?? wife said, count it as a sewer bill. $30 for pump out!!!! they come to the boat and because it is saturday. During the week $20. they did take my credit card number...Sweet! Chrome cash!

At least you have no lawn to mow..

PR1, you got AC on the boat? Its getting pretty warm out now, dont want you or momma throwing someone overboard!
    Yes on the AC. Momma was getting a little bored on the boat, so I did a "Take Momma to work day". went well.

Quote Originally Posted by moosehead View Post
    At least you have no lawn to mow..
    No doubt, those poor souls who mow must move around 350 to 400 picnic tables, couple hundred fire rings and chimeneas along with a few hundred folding chairs and a dozen or so dog tie out stakes amongst other things such as bean bag toss games and temp. dog pens,etc. takes those poor guys hours to move all that crap and minutes to mow. It is included in our slip rent. Don't get it why they put down fertilizer then mow right after, blows the fertilizer into the river and parking lot??? This happens every Monday morning. We have 32 dumpsters in the marina and getting rid of stuff has never been so easy!

Were you tiling or grouting? Grouting the easier part, as oppose to the dry fit and thinsetting! Or was she doing all the cutting?

How much does she charge an hour? I'm thinking about redoing my bathroom and putting down the heat mat. The darn floor is freezing cold in the winter!

Were you tiling or grouting? Grouting the easier part, as oppose to the dry fit and thinsetting! Or was she doing all the cutting?
    Wife mixes mortar, drives around picking up materials, visits with the customers, bags up the empties (oh, that is at the boat, lol) and reminds me that I am showing to much butt crack. Kinda a goodwill Ambassidor. She is going to "Help" out again tomorrow!

Think I found a boat with some more room. Owners are in their late 80's and want to downsize. It is a 28 year old Chris Craft in excellent condition inside and out.
    Last edited by polarisrider1; 06-12-2012 at 12:11 AM.

Eagles where back, tried to zoom in closer for the seeing impaired (Olaf), but phone has it's limits.

We decided to move on a less inhabitated Island. It is a cresent shaped place with natives. Picture 1 is of our new golf course. (If Lake Michigan had much of a tide we would be under water most of the time). Note: the locals carry their beers on top of their heads, not sure why?, but they are friendly.
    Last edited by polarisrider1; 06-17-2012 at 09:45 AM.

WOW... Life's a Beach ....
    I remember my brother the " lifeguard " had one of those shirts and I used to hate it....
    What no kids on Jet-ski's ? I'll send mine up. Don't worry, they r respectful.
    Like the pics of the Eagles. They must be a nesting pair ! How many in that area ? Ever see their nests ? Pretty impressive if you have never seen one. The ones I have seen up in the 1000 Islands were always in some of the highest trees and made of LOGs...Here is a link to what Eagles are doing up in Dutch Harbor ( aka Deadliest Catch land )

http://article.wn.com/view/2011/06/1...les_dive_bomb/
    Last edited by mjkaliszak; 06-18-2012 at 09:10 AM.

Body found along Lake Michigan in Muskegon

Wayne, are you still with us? Did the people from the island turn on you?

Body found along Lake Michigan in Muskegon

Wayne, are you still with us? Did the people from the island turn on you?
    I am still alive! the natives voted me Mayor. We are building a golf course!!! whoo hoo! I suspect it will be frisbie golf since we are mostly under a foot of water. We have also enacted a toll to pass by our Island, it will help pay for the golf course (we got that idea from the FIB's). It was that or build a bridge to nowhere. (Zilwuakee idea).

You're alive! Does that mean I get free round of "golf"?

Just for caring. Nobody else did....

I have openned up a tour boat service to help raise toll money. here are 2 sisters named Daisy who fell for the ploy. We meet up with the toll keeper. I am holding the umbrella in hopes of getting a nice tip.

I have openned up a tour boat service to help raise toll money. here are 2 sisters named Daisy who fell for the ploy. We meet up with the toll keeper. I am holding the umbrella in hopes of getting a nice tip.
    Nice Dingee!!! Just as cute as your umbrella!

Think I found a boat with some more room. Owners are in their late 80's and want to downsize. It is a 28 year old Chris Craft in excellent condition inside and out.
    Did you buy her? When you said "downsize" you didn't mean coffin?!

They said, "Not ready to sell". Looking for a house right now. It has been over a month on the boat and time to move ashore. If the land deal goes through I will be on the boat until Nov.15th. that is one month past the water getting turned off. A ready to move in house is looking better all the time.

Any more Eagle pics ?

Quote Originally Posted by mjkaliszak View Post
    Any more Eagle pics ?
    No, I have been watching and have not seen them in the last 9 days. I am on week 6 of boat living.

Spotted a younger Eagle today maybe 3/4 size of full grown. Looking for a nest for the pr. I seen 10 days ago. Power is out in marina for 1/3rd the place, knocked out internet router, so no wireless. Transformer burst into flames. Pool house is locked up so the little kiddies and me have nowhere to hang out.
    Last edited by polarisrider1; 06-24-2012 at 09:10 AM.

Captains meeting was called to order.

Power has been out since friday night in Pool building, so no internet router since it is in same building. Can't send out invoices or estimates. Going to setup phone as an internet hotspot. Tommorow the electric Company is going to trench trhe parking lot for new wire. About 1/4 mile of pavement. Watched them all day trying to pull wire thru forty year old conduit with no luck. Life goes on. Temps never reached 80 let alone the forcasted 90. Windy summer.

Shallow waters become challenge to navigation

Lake Michigan/Huron is 5 inches below last year's average

You may have to flop in the dingy and dump your whisky stash to get out of port!

Shallow waters become challenge to navigation

Lake Michigan/Huron is 5 inches below last year's average

You may have to flop in the dingy and dump your whisky stash to get out of port!
    No doubt, heading up to Frankfort for a couple days with the boat, I won two lobster dinners at Jacobsons Marina. Grand Rapids is 93 degrees, Grand Haven is 79 degrees.

Just another "Bloody Mary" morning! Group went to Saugatuck by boat and another group wants to ride bikes up to Ludington. I am thinking, "Sit right here at my picnic table and watch the day go by".
    Last edited by polarisrider1; 06-30-2012 at 11:02 AM.

Ok. It's been 5 days now. What are you two up to on the boat? Updates, anyone?

Well we haven't killed each other yet. Truly amazed at how we are getting along wthout all the "stuff" that fills 3 storage lockers. Been looking at some toys to pass the time, here are some pics.

Gonna need more truck to pull that "boat".

Quote Originally Posted by eagle1 View Post
    Gonna need more truck to pull that "boat".
    This is how we do it around here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuYjtkMyGfc

Look what I found built into the side of a sand dune and this is the view

Heres the deal! A woman in the marinas mom died. She inherited this house from her mother. She does not want it since she lives just around the corner with a better view. Well we met by walking dogs around the marina and the conversation went to, "I had enough of boat life". she said how would you like a house on the dunes across from Grand Haven public beach to live at? I said, "sure how much". she said, "I don't want to mess around with an extra house, so how about $600 a month for 20 years then it's yours, nothing down includes taxes and assocation fees, no interest." I said, " I have cash" she wants the steady monthly income for retirement instead of the lump sum. I am thinking,"Look at all those steps". lol.

Just think of the steps as a way to keep you in shape for your snowmobile adventures out west!

Quote Originally Posted by 700classic View Post
    Just think of the steps as a way to keep you in shape for your snowmobile adventures out west!
    No doubt! but in the 2nd pic is the steps down to the beach. No fancy trolley like some of the neighbors have. Lots of steps, no garage, but upside is no yard to mow.

You better jump on that deal at 144k no taxes or Assocation dues if anything would make a good summer rental property.

I am all over it. The woman expects me to live there and I will. I have a huge storage building at the marina to keep motorcycles and misc. Toys in about a mile away. A garage would be nice, but packed in like sardines as it is. Neighbor to the right is doing a total remodel, this house needs nothing. Steps would do me good! My wife always goes with the flow so it is up to me to pull the trigger. I will take some more pics of it and post them.

Just buy it!

With your money you can install an escalator!

Besides we're tired of hearing you whine about having to live on a boat!

Being a Realtor and knowing that area I'd have to say it's an easy 100k under market value.. get on it!

Quote Originally Posted by yamaholic View Post
    Being a Realtor and knowing that area I'd have to say it's an easy 100k under market value.. get on it!
    wink, wink, all over it! if you can remotely see the lake it is listed at a million around here!
    Last edited by polarisrider1; 07-10-2012 at 09:37 PM.

Just buy it!

we are tired of listening to your drunken posts also. whine, wine, vodka/wiskey. You forget I am spending your money. (I earned mine), no real estate scams with 125% loans here.
    Last edited by polarisrider1; 07-10-2012 at 09:41 PM.

I have come to the conclusion (my young employees pointed it out) ALL the pretty girls live in Grand Haven!!! I have no pics to post in fear of retribution from my wife! (they are right).

Just buy it!

with 3114 hits, I guess it is a worth while read. Don't like it Dave than stop coming here to read it. The Mods will let me know if they had enough. Remember hits= revenue, it is called marketing and that is what I do. It also makes this site run. Tile is the current product, Marketing is the sizzle. I do have a couple "Dimple Dies" left if you would like one! Focus.

we are tired of listening to your drunken posts also. whine, wine, vodka/wiskey. You forget I am spending your money. (I earned mine), no real estate scams with 125% loans here.
    You're a funny guy! Besides, I don't like wine and I the Dan Marino deals are long gone!.

Buy it so I can have a place to crash when I'm over there!!

You're a funny guy! Besides, I don't like wine and I the Dan Marino deals are long gone!.

Buy it so I can have a place to crash when I'm over there!!
    Love you to good buddy!
    The place is sweet, being homeless has brought many sweet offers! lol. It was nice going up north and sleeping in a real bed. still waiting on the land split deal. Chase has been dragging their feet. I guess CASH is of no interest to them, they need to earn interest. Real estate is such a scam, worse than marriage or death.

Thank you! I finally seen how and why a Realtor earns there keep. buying from private party is a risk. A realtor did get me full asking price for my house.

Dave, I will count all the steps and your room will be at the top. Heading to Frankfort and north tommorow with the boat, I need a vacation. lol back next week.

Chase is always real slow try a local lender.

Chase is always real slow try a local lender.
    Chase is another deal, Buying some land next to the Berlin Raceway and the guy is splitting it. It is with Chase. Parking lot investment. Parks about 300 cars at $10 per car, two times a week. easy money maker. He is selling because he inherited a big dollar house he can't afford, needs more money to keep the house.

2012-07-12_08-47-51_45.jpgVacation! Harbor View Marina, Ludington, MI
    Last edited by polarisrider1; 07-12-2012 at 10:05 PM.

Living in Frankfort, MI. kinda nice to up and move on a moments notice. Jacobsons Marina welcomed my wife and I with a Lobster Dinner at the boat tonight. I could of used instructions on how to tackle the lobster (more of a Prime Rib guy). living here for a couple days.

http://www.houseboatsbuyterry.com/li...-houseboat.htm Totally not sure what I want to do????

Marina life.