Cool Who's still riding?

Season is near the end. Who is still riding or waiting for that last ride of the season? show us your Bike if you have pics.

just got in out all day!!!left to go around town to see a cpl friends ended up at a benefit then out riding stopped to see a friend who raised a moose and is in town to sell it to the MN zoo then off to friends club house for party.....just got home and have to meet the guys for breakfast at 800 to head down to Amish Country down by the Iowa Border......not even thinkin snow yet......

Put in about 60 miles today...a little chilly but not too bad...probably the last ride for this bike...Pic not from today...Bagger stays close to the door...Never gets fully put away.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Plenty of riding left. I ride mine to work daily as long as its not raining. I'll continue to do so until there is salt on the roads. I think last year I rode to work one morning and it was 17 degrees.

image.jpg

Wife and I took probably the last ride of the year today. Gotta change oil, wash and wax it, etc within the next couple weeks. Hate to do it, as I only got 5800 miles this summer.

another great day with good friends......340miles of Oct sun......11,000 miles this year love my new bike the miles just melt........

[QUOTE=Firecatguy;292002]another great day with good friends......340miles of Oct sun......11,000 miles this year love my new bike the miles just melt........QUOTE]

Where?

one of my favorit rides...
    we headed south out metro on hwy 52 down to preston mn then took 16 east to lonsdale then rushford area (thats the look out) then to la cross area and you can decide to go up mn or wis side of river....we took wis this time.....great ride.....16 is a blast

Just got back from a 2,200+ mile ride on Sunday night. Left last Wednesday at 7:30pm and hit the Ozarks for some great riding in the twisties. Made it as far as Eastern Oklahoma and then cut back across Arkansas and up thorough Missouri and onward home.

I've done this ride in October for a few years now and it is a treat for sure.

Here's my bike... Yamaha FJR1300

Attachment 34966
    Last edited by fjr4me; 10-24-2012 at 05:11 PM.

Taken in Asheville, NC last year in front of the Biltmore Estate
    Toured for a week out of Maggie Valley.
    Did the Tail of the Dragon, etc

I've been keeping it right near the garage door for those hit and miss nice days. But yeah, contemplating giving it a bath, covering, and shoving it closer to the corner. '06 Honda ST1300

Bike is still not put away......I don't put it away until its either too icy, or the snow gets too deep!

32 degrees this morning on the ride into work. My co workers think i'm crazy.

I'm putting my Trike away this weekend

friend got new bike and is picking it up west of metro 60 miles!!!!no way my close riding bud is riding home alone so i taking one more ride......well one more this week.........

Quote Originally Posted by Firecatguy View Post
    friend got new bike and is picking it up west of metro 60 miles!!!!no way my close riding bud is riding home alone so i taking one more ride......well one more this week.........
    Bless your heart! Seen a guy riding tonight, 36 degrees out.

I seen a bunch of bikes out yesterday, they were all bundled up, but still riding! I took mine down to my brothers garage a couple of weeks ago though. I fell in love with an american made motorcycle yesterday while at a sled dealership. I can sit on it and touch the ground flatfooted!! LMAO! This thing is awesome!

judge_p2.jpg
    Lake Effect Snow, my three favorite words.

Quote Originally Posted by Skylar View Post
    I seen a bunch of bikes out yesterday, they were all bundled up, but still riding! I took mine down to my brothers garage a couple of weeks ago though. I fell in love with an american made motorcycle yesterday while at a sled dealership. I can sit on it and touch the ground flatfooted!! LMAO! This thing is awesome!

judge_p2.jpg
    Nice!

Team Elkhorn Guest

I'm thinking maybe this weekend or the next I'll pull the batteries out, and wheel the motor bikes out to the shed for the winter. I've gotta get the snowthrower and the Kittie Kat out of the shed first though. I need a pole barn.

Riding brushpoppers dual sport ride in morrison Il. 45 mile loop mostly off road basicaly a untimed enduro can ride loop twice

Quote Originally Posted by Skylar View Post

judge_p2.jpg
    Nice!!

Last ride here was July 27th, pretty sad way to end the year but at least Squat is alive!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaboolie View Post
    Last ride here was July 27th, pretty sad way to end the year but at least Squat is alive!!
    wow what happen? that fence looks alot like the fence at the towing company i worked for........

great day bunndled up and pff we went 130 miles friend got his new bike and we had good ride back........

those are good bikes Skylar alot power and ride great rode one last summer and liked it alot.....

Firecatguy, he had a 75 yr old lady pull out in front of him and t-bone him. He tried to head for the ditch and get out of her way but she clipped the back end of the bike. He flew into the ditch and then the bike landed on him. It will be a long time before he can ride again and even this years sled season is in question. But like I said thank god he's alive!!! He had just left for a 6 day trip in the UP and only made it to Hayward (163 miles) when he got hit.

ohh man that sucks we take that trip every summer up thru hayward......hope all turns out for him.......sad thing is old lady dont need jail but man what do ya do........its just sad how people dont look or see a bike yet a they never "dont see" a semi and pull out.....

my #1 thing is people pulling out....i focus on there eyes to see if they see me then i put one eye on there front tire if it starts rolling i slow to almost a stop and if that dont get their attention i will stop and flag them to go with my one finger......the ones that dont see you and dont move you have to watch as they will just gun it and go or the ones looking the other way as your comming up on em......I dont trust but 4 or men with my life and none of em are in a car ready to make a turn in front of me....
    Last edited by Firecatguy; 11-05-2012 at 08:30 AM.

Firecatguy, be very careful on Hwy 77 and Mosquito Brook Rd, It's about a mile east of downtown Hayward. We were told by the towing company that they tow at least 5 major accidents from there a year. When we went back and looked it's a horrible intersection. Even when I pulled up to the stop sign to cross the highway I had to lean over my steering wheel to look for traffic, guaranteed something a 75yr old woman wouldn't do!! Plus she was in a hurry to leave for her 10 day vacation in Colorado.
    No she doesn's deserve jail time but she should have to take her driving test over and come to our house and help with the chores around here. It's tough keeping up with 3.33 acres, the house work, horses and my own business without the help I was use to!! Then she can watch Squat working thru the pain of PT so he can eventually get back to work and some "normal" in his life!!

I agree she should come help......wow thanks for the heads up as that the route we take every time we go up........

Sunday is looking good for a bike ride.

Today is the day.....Cleanin it up, yanking the battery, putting it on the lift, and saying goodbye til spring. Rain here in Central Wisconsin forecast all weekend, so not holding out hope for another run any longer. On the upside, sleds are prepped and ready to go. Bring on the snow!!!!!!

27 degrees this morning on the ride into work. I was wearing the "No Fog" mask today.

I was going to do it today and it was 55 degrees out so I went for a ride.
    Maybe next weekend.

today .... 71*

Great ride today, put on about 220 miles riding around west Michigan (lower). Got to stabil all over again, watched the sun go down at Duck Lake. Great night for Beer Pong!
    Last edited by polarisrider1; 11-10-2012 at 10:52 PM.

I took mine out yesterday for about 240 miles. Went down to Nashville, IN., Bloomington area. Great day of riding, but had a close call when someone pulled out in front of me. I did some yelling in the helmet and swerved, it took a while to get the heart rate down after that.

23 degrees and sunshine this morning on the ride in to work. Plenty of riding left as long as there's no salt on the roads. Then maybe there will be enough snow to ride the snowmobile into work!

55 degrees today and for the rest of the week.
    I'm decided to wat another week to store it.
    So we went riding again today and probably the rest of the week

Will keep the bike out until they spread salt on the roads, there are plenty of days with warm afternon temps to go for a ride.

Well, it's pretty quiet at work, and gonna be pushing 60 with sun here in Central Wisconsin today. sounds like a recipe for a some miles and smiles. Gonna throw the battery back in, and enjoy the afternoon. How can you pass up the opportunity to ride the day before Thanksgiving? YOU CAN'T!!

Happy Turkey Day to all!!

I rode into town for breakfast this am.
    Sunny rght now and hit 50.

Dense fog and 30 degrees on the ride in this morning to work. Should be 50 and sunny on the way home.

Rode in yesterday. 21 degrees in the morning and 27 degree on the way home. Not much of a warm up.

lol. I do the same thing when I ride. This was my first accident ever. The intersection where she came from has a blind spot. I was only 300 feet before it when I saw her comming. Just enough time to head for the ditch.

I have finally decided to store mine on monday.
    I'll ride the weekend if possible and then it's going to bed for the winter.

Roads are salted, I am done.

Quote Originally Posted by squat View Post
    lol. I do the same thing when I ride. This was my first accident ever. The intersection where she came from has a blind spot. I was only 300 feet before it when I saw her comming. Just enough time to head for the ditch.
    I am Glad your ok and still with us......

i am going for a ride tomorrow 70 mile round trip to watch the packer game at my sons new house

I put mine away on T-Giving Day, right after I went for a ride. Can't say that too often. All about snow from here on out though

So much for the snow.
    I had the Trike put to bed and it is now 58 degrees and sunshine.
    I'm uncovering it, disconnect the battery tender jr. and going for a ride.
    Sure hope winter will come soon and STAY for awhile.

I went out Sunday for a quick 20 mile ride, it was nice to get another one in.

Well I'm done for the year went for my last ride last nite, took the bike to the dealership for winter storage so they can check and or replace my cam chain tensioners while its stored, if its a good winter it will stay till April 1st, a bad winter like last year I'll get it March 1st.

Bradzoo Let's try to hook up and ride next summer. Maybe at Blessing in Baldwin. BikeTime is to hard to put rides together at.

PR1 sounds good, hopefully the snow will get deep enough here to get a ride in on the sleds.

Bradzoo

As of sunday morning the bikes are put away, 3" of snow and they salted the roads like they were fertilizing the lawn.

Rain on Friday washed the roads clean. Took the scoot out for a ride today and seen 3 others out riding also. Even road the wife's Bike a bit to charge up battery. hit 55 degress and sun shine. just got back.

I just got back from a short ride too, it was a beautiful day today, high around 63, no wind, partly sunny, and the roads were also clean of debris from the rains we had earlier in the week. It's suppose to start raining very soon, than get cold again, oh well. Anyways, it was a nice treat for being mid January. However, I miss that acceleration a bike gives you, its a great rush!

Quote Originally Posted by SPOR View Post
    I just got back from a short ride too, it was a beautiful day today, high around 63, no wind, partly sunny, and the roads were also clean of debris from the rains we had earlier in the week. It's suppose to start raining very soon, than get cold again, oh well. Anyways, it was a nice treat for being mid January. However, I miss that acceleration a bike gives you, its a great rush!
    so far in the last half hour I have recieved tons of messages that tomorrow will be much worse. heading to work at 6am Sunday for 2 days north, maybe should leave tonight??

Took mine for a short ride tue from shop to home and back ! 2 out that was cold(locked keys in truck went home to get spare about 7mi) had it out last fri night also 43 at 7.00. i think i had it out atleast once a month for 22mo now. 19000mi in 22 months not bad

45 and full sun took her out today had to. February ride 23 months now

Spring must be near, seen two bikes out today. One Vulcan at Mikey D's and a crotch rocket running down the highway with a rider in tennis shoes. It was a balmy 36 degrees. Darn hardcores.

going up to get my bike out from storage have to finish the winter mods and get ready to bring to Donnie Smith to showcase our stereo upgrades......ride around block might be in order........

Quote Originally Posted by Firecatguy View Post
    going up to get my bike out from storage have to finish the winter mods and get ready to bring to Donnie Smith to showcase our stereo upgrades......ride around block might be in order........

Nice!