Phoenix, AZ (Displaced Yooper with family connections in Houghton, Ontonagon & Marquette counties.)

Default Preview Post button: Strange behavior

I have recently been experiencing some strange/inconsistent behavior of the Preview button on the message entry screen, whether posting a new thread, replying to an existing thread, or using the Edit Post, Reply or Reply with Quote links on an existing message.

When I hit the Preview Post button, the "preview" is correctly shown, but resulting screen either shows the draft message in the bottom window:

JDpreview1.jpg

or the draft message text is missing:

JDpreview2.jpg

in the latter case, in order to further revise the text, I must use my browser's "back" method to go back to the original message entry screen, then hit the Preview Post button once again, etc.

What's causing this?

Any ideas Paul?

This one is beyond my pay scale!

-John

The software hasn't changed that runs the board in any way. Have you tried the basics of resetting the web settings, or trying a different browser?

I've been having this problem for some time now and I've used Google Chrome from day one. If I preview the post, the draft post is blanked out. As Frank says, I have to hit the "back" button to get the original post back. At this point I can edit it or post it. I suppose it could be an option selection but which one escapes me.

What is more baffling (and someone else has mentioned this) is that I can no longer edit my posts without copying all of the original post and then editing it. If I select "Edit Post", the post content is blank. Believe me, there are many occasions that I need to edit my original post but I'm hesitant to copy the whole thing in again at the risk of double posting, which makes me look like some kind of internet challenged individual - although, when I come to think of it, the title may be accurate.

I should add that I often include image links which may be a factor but based on Frank's question I don't think it comes into play.

My edit button started doing the something tonight. When phone changes words or spelling and I see it, I try to edit before Frank sees it is when it happens.

I made a change that may help. I am not having the issue so I can't test it.

Let me know if it makes a difference.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post

Paul
    Let's blame solar flares. Thank you Paul for dealing with us and this site!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post

Paul
    Paul,

I did go though the sequence of creating a post and previewing it tonight and the original post was not blanked out as it has been in the past. Probably not completely conclusive but it's been a long time since the original post was retained. This is encouraging.

Also tried editing this post and it worked as expected....double encouraging.