Default 2015 Boat Season

Let's hear your tales this summer

FIRE'EM UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my tail got it unwrapped this weekend .
    I am real close to giving up boats .25yrs of them sick of it . just got to convince the wife that is the hard part. hard not to love boats when all u have to do is put on a swim suit and walk down to the dock

Quote Originally Posted by ezra View Post
    my tail got it unwrapped this weekend .
    I am real close to giving up boats .25yrs of them sick of it . just got to convince the wife that is the hard part. hard not to love boats when all u have to do is put on a swim suit and walk down to the dock
    It scares me how much we have in common. I will give the boat away to the first person willing to take the payment book. ZERO down.

Two weeks into the season. Marina is 90% dead. I am here.

This one is up for sale. Reply to the Craigslist ad if anyone knows someone looking for something like it. 1999 Crownline 248 CCR. http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hn...008409915.html

Amazing how dead it is at the Marina. Spent last 2 nights out there. Still more boats in parking lot then in water. Just came home tonight.

Jimmy Buffet and Jack Daniels, what a pair!
    But I already miss winter.

Boats are just big holes in the water to throw money into. Or BOAT acronym Break Out Another Thousand

Quote Originally Posted by sweeperguy View Post
    Boats are just big holes in the water to throw money into. Or BOAT acronym Break Out Another Thousand
    Blablabla. Lol. And snowmobiling isn't?

- - - Updated - - -

What's money for? Can't take it with you. I find golf insanely stupid. Hit a ball, curse, throw a club, wander around in a pasture in search of a little white ball. ????? I am lost on that one. Oh and tell everyone that you golf for fun and don't take ir serious. ?????

- - - Updated - - -

A grand is getting off cheap. Cost me that to fill both tanks. New camper top is going to cost me the same as a 10' r&r clam shell, upside the canvas will last longer then an r&r.

Quote Originally Posted by polarisrider1 View Post
    Blablabla.

What's money for? Can't take it with you. I find golf insanely stupid. Hit a ball, curse, throw a club, wander around in a pasture in search of a little white ball. ????? I am lost on that one. Oh and tell everyone that you golf for fun and don't take ir serious. ?????

Never got that golf thing. Trying to hit a little ball into a little hole that's what like 2-300 yards away. And that's suppose to be relaxing, would make me crazy, blood pressure would go sky high. The thing I could do is the 19th hole. Buzzing around on those golf carts could be okay too.

I get what your saying.

Phoenix, AZ (Displaced Yooper with family connections in Houghton, Ontonagon & Marquette counties.)

What's money for? Can't take it with you.
    Amen to that, Wayne!
    I had a fairly rewarding 40+ year career in digital computers dating from 1958-1959(!), most as a software engineer.

Perhaps you have seen those bumper stickers that say:
    I spent my kids' inheritance!
    Well, I did that!

Twenty plus years as pilot and aircraft owner, that wasn't cheap. (And you thought snowmobiles were expensive?) It made for a great change of pace from 16 hour days cranking out Operating System software in machine language code for mainframe computers. I'm sure you snowmobile jockeys understand that "change of pace" concept.

Not to brag, but just to point out that I could have saved all that loot for my retirement. But I didn't, and now that I'm retired, and I'm dealing with a variety of health issues, having had two heart attacks, one cardiac arrest, etc, etc. I'm just damn glad I did all that when I did, instead of waiting until retirement. If I had done that, it never would have happened at all!

Oh sure, I'd love to own even a piece of a (click →) Cirrus SR22 today (Drool!), and spend my retirement years flying around the country. Too bad, at upwards of $500,000 a pop see the (click →) US Price List (PDF format), plus operating costs that ain't gonna happen, never mind my health issues. But at least I did have 20+ years, with my own Piper Cherokee 180 (PA28-180C) and other rental aircraft!

"What's money for? Can't take it with you!"

Quote Originally Posted by frnash View Post
    Amen to that, Wayne!
    I had a fairly rewarding 40+ year career in digital computers dating from 1958-1959(!), most as a software engineer.

Perhaps you have seen those bumper stickers that say: Well, I did that!

Twenty plus years as pilot and aircraft owner, that wasn't cheap. (And you thought snowmobiles were expensive?) It made for a great change of pace from 16 hour days cranking out Operating System software in machine language code for mainframe computers. I'm sure you snowmobile jockeys understand that "change of pace" concept.

Not to brag, but just to point out that I could have saved all that loot for my retirement. But I didn't, and now that I'm retired, and I'm dealing with a variety of health issues, having had two heart attacks, one cardiac arrest, etc, etc. I'm just damn glad I did all that when I did, instead of waiting until retirement. If I had done that, it never would have happened at all!

Oh sure, I'd love to own even a piece of a (click →) Cirrus SR22 today (Drool!), and spend my retirement years flying around the country. Too bad, at upwards of $500,000 a pop see the (click →) US Price List (PDF format), plus operating costs that ain't gonna happen, never mind my health issues. But at least I did have 20+ years, with my own Piper Cherokee 180 (PA28-180C) and other rental aircraft!

"What's money for? Can't take it with you!"
    Frank, I knew there was a reason I like you! This round of "good economy" I am going to stack up a little pile of green just in case. Earning 7% on it. Not much but not bad. I do enjoy sitting on the boat, and actually driving it now the cash is once again flowing. Tonight I am dog watching. 3 of them sacked out in the cockpit.

yeah the flying addiction is crazy expensive.
    man my buds who fly make my buds who live for chit like 200+ club in the TX mile look cheep.

Splash down tomorrow, as long as she buy the gas.

Another crappy day out for boating

Cold and rain this morning, humid and more rain this afternoon. So far a pretty laim season for me.

Quote Originally Posted by eagle1 View Post
    Another crappy day out for boating
    Isn't a crappy day of boating, better than a good day of work.

Phoenix, AZ (Displaced Yooper with family connections in Houghton, Ontonagon & Marquette counties.)

Cold and rain this morning, humid and more rain this afternoon. So far a pretty laim season for me.
    That's a lame excuse!

Quote Originally Posted by frnash View Post
    That's a lame excuse!
    Lol, yes it is!

Well the Sea Ray is sold. Looking for a trawler for the great loop. Plan to do a 3-4 month trip.

Cool, sounds like fun . Wife know about this plan?

Quote Originally Posted by eagle1 View Post
    Cool, sounds like fun . Wife know about this plan?
    It was her idea. Looks like next summer we will be " Loopers". 4 months off.

Well the Sea Ray is sold. Looking for a trawler for the great loop. Plan to do a 3-4 month trip.
    Doing the whole loop? isn't 3-4 months doing it pretty quick?

Quote Originally Posted by snowdance View Post
    Doing the whole loop? isn't 3-4 months doing it pretty quick?
    Yes, talked to others who have done it. 6 months minimum and $60 grand. A past Commodore friend of mine is taking a year. I'm not sure how I can pull off 6 months. I'm working again. I'm going to push it out 5 years. Looked at a Albin trawler yesterday, to small. Looking for a 31 ranger, 32 Nordic or a small grand banks. No flybridge. Want it to fit in the Erie canal. Limited bridge heights. Want diesel engine and genny. Closed loop cooling. Momma wants a large fridge.

The guy who bought my boat will take possession Aug.1.
    I just put 180 gallons of premium in it. He said, "Go out and burn it up, leave me a quarter tank" . So tomorrow I am off like a Prom dress!! No plan. But burn gas is my mission. Invited a boat load for a boat ride. The buyer is way cool.

The guy who bought my boat will take possession Aug.1.
    I just put 180 gallons of premium in it. He said, "Go out and burn it up, leave me a quarter tank" . So tomorrow I am off like a Prom dress!! No plan. But burn gas is my mission. Invited a boat load for a boat ride. The buyer is way cool.
    what? we sold the boat? now what are we going to spend the money on?
    there goes the 2015 boat season?

Still got a couple weeks. New guy doing sea trial Tomorrow. He is moving up big time. Got to teach him how to work radar, gps, chart plotter, heat, air, etc. Etc. How to drive twin V-drive. Easypeasy.

3 or 4 month trip. North Channel Georgian Bay
    Watch the Gauges
    Last edited by chords; 07-31-2015 at 10:14 PM.

well it is aug and my chris is still just out there like a expensive dock ornament. been out 2 times the time I put it in the lake and fathers day . total of 4 hrs and they say sleds are a wast of cash

For sale. ^^^^^

Yacht or not. Still got the boat until Tuesday. The post office lost my documentation. Reapplied, takes 2 weeks minimum and $85 to redo. Mean time I bought a trolling motor for my new 2 year old bass boat.

well it is aug and my chris is still just out there like a expensive dock ornament. been out 2 times the time I put it in the lake and fathers day . total of 4 hrs and they say sleds are a wast of cash
    Everybody tells me the same thing. Yet they take their wheeler/bike out a half dozen times at the beginning of summer, burn a few gallons through it and put it away till next year. I'll stick to sleds.

Come on ez only 4/hrs.!?......tell moma she needs to let you out more. Lol

Think I'm up to 16hrs but yea between work and weather tough to get out a lot.
    Had a good long run few Saturdays ago, even filled up before gas went up!

Quote Originally Posted by indy_500 View Post
    Everybody tells me the same thing. Yet they take their wheeler/bike out a half dozen times at the beginning of summer, burn a few gallons through it and put it away till next year. I'll stick to sleds.
    don't get me started on my banshee that has not been run for 2 yrs. oh well the chit is all free and clear and there if I want to use it some day .at least the quads only take up about 6x4 of storage the boats what 10x30

yeah mama is the only reason I still own a boat. this summer I have been spending all my free time building a new front porch on the house . getting prepped for when I get old and need some place to rock and watch life pass me by. I need to learn to widdel between now and then

don't get me started on my banshee that has not been run for 2 yrs. oh well the chit is all free and clear and there if I want to use it some day .at least the quads only take up about 6x4 of storage the boats what 10x30

yeah mama is the only reason I still own a boat. this summer I have been spending all my free time building a new front porch on the house . getting prepped for when I get old and need some place to rock and watch life pass me by. I need to learn to widdel between now and then
    Ezra, we are way to much the same....minus the weed.

I am currently with out a lake Michigan boat. Sold to one of the head honchos that is in charge of highway paving in Michigan. Yes think of me when you see orange barrels. Motor home next? Toy hauler?

Plenty of sunshine and fun to be had on the water this year. Amazed at how good the weekends weather has held up around here. IMG_4743.jpgIMG_4783.jpgIMG_5177.jpgIMG_5178.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by megan600 View Post
    Plenty of sunshine and fun to be had on the water this year. Amazed at how good the weekends weather has held up around here. IMG_4743.jpgIMG_4783.jpgIMG_5177.jpgIMG_5178.jpg
    where are u boating ? have not seen a crew of boats like that together around my parts ever. looks like it could be a wild river run with that crew. I would deff fire up the boat for that

Couple of these pics are from the Saginaw Bay ( Lake Huron) but the one with all the boats is from Marble Lake near Cold Water, MI. It's a chain of lakes, but the main gathering is at Marble. There is a website for "Michigan Hot Boat" and they have an event schedule posted for the year. Gatherings at lakes all around Michigan every few weeks. Lots of grudge racing, and just motor talk to be had