Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018/2019 bears

Default 2018/2019 bears

0-1

Nope, If I remember correctly from last year (full disclosure I'm a Packers fan), but the bears are going 16-0 with a new QB. Second coming of Christ (or a really good QB, Favre, Rogers, Brady etc).

Its only the preseason so we'll have to wait for the jubilation to occur when they get the actual first loss, opening night in GB, Packers 100 year anniversary.

Just want to keep things straight in this, the Bears coming out year....it will be epic,...I suppose.

Da Bears should have an explosive offense but that needs to translate to Ws. How good Da Bears will be this year is anybody’s guess the North has some of the best QBs. Trubisky is still a big unknown but we will soon see how good the kid can be.

Neenah, Wisconsin. About 30 minutes south of Green Bay's Lambeau Field.

Here's my two cents and that's about all it's worth. I think the Bears will be improved this year; more talent, new coach, second year now for the quarterback. How much improved? I'm thinking 8-8 and considering how bad they've been in recent years that's a pretty good jump. It usually takes a new coach 2 to 3 years to turn on the gas but I think they're headed in the right direction.

Detroit; A new coach and might have some growing pains, again a 2 to 3 year plan.

Minnesota; I think they take a step back. A shiny new quarterback and a very good defense should keep it close with Green Bay. I like their coach too.

Green Bay; As long as Rodgers is throwing the rock they're one of the better teams. New Defense can't be any worse. I think if they keep the Pack healthy, they'll be there at the end.

I'm a Wisconsin Alumni so I gotta go with the Badgers in the Big 10. They could run into a Buzz Saw at either Iowa or Nebraska. Ohio State and Penn State are the class of the conference. My best guess is that one of those will be the Big 10 Champion.

Rogers ripped his receivers today on news. He didn’t like their effort in camp. Idk half way thru camp practice gets tiresome and preseason game 1 Thursday should put life back in the receivers hitting someone else than your teammates. Seems too early for a Rogers hissy fit. Maybe he misses Jordy in a big way? Jordy is a huge void that needs fixing maybe Rogers way of saying get me a burner that can catch!

Quote Originally Posted by whitedust View Post
    Rogers ripped his receivers today on news. He didn’t like their effort in camp. Idk half way thru camp practice gets tiresome and preseason game 1 Thursday should put life back in the receivers hitting someone else than your teammates. Seems too early for a Rogers hissy fit. Maybe he misses Jordy in a big way? Jordy is a huge void that needs fixing maybe Rogers way of saying get me a burner that can catch!
    I think your right on missing Jordy. Those two had a bond and I bet Rodgers is still stinging from how that came about and he had no say, not that he should but it had to be a shock. Although I do think it was a raw deal to judge his performance with a backup that really was not in the position to replace the Rodgers-Nelson game which was deep and short spot-on timing and improvising in other words they knew exactly what each other would do almost instinctively

He's def sore about Jordy, I would be too. I was reading local columns and it seems his anger was directed at the newbies. He's been showering the vets with praise so the writers made it sound like he's trying to tell the younger generation to get it going.

It does appear the Bears are making some good moves in players??? Never like giving up first round picks. The coach seems to be the right fit also.

Mack is a very good player with known ability. Pace has him on a 6 year deal which takes Mack thru his prime production years. The Bears D was and is good and will be better with Mack on the edge or wherever Fangio has him lined up. Mack is a disruptive force if healthy and on the field the risk is injury and lost time. Giving up 2 number 1s is a good deal as Mack was a number 1 draft choice and the 2nd number 1 is the comparison player and could be in the 20s somewhere. Later draft choices are a wash don’t matter much. Time will tell but looks good for the Bears and Oakland seems Oakland is rebuilding which makes sense to me and the Bears are ready to make a run at the playoffs and the pressure is squarely on Trubisky to score points. The Bears will be a better team in the last 8 games than they be in the first 8 and need to split with the north teams to make the playoffs. All looks good on paper but now it’s time to play the games.

The Bears give up:
    - 2019 1st-round pick
    - 2020 1st-round pick
    - 2020 3rd-round pick
    - 2019 6th-round pick
    Mack's Salary; six-year, $141 million including $90 million guaranteed and an annual average of $23.5 million, according to ESPN and NFL Network.

Raiders send:
    - LB Khalil Mack
    - 2020 2nd-round round pick
    - Conditional 2020 5th-round pick.

The Norski division just got tougher.

Default More Numbers

The Bears and the Packers, fittingly, will open the 100th season of professional football in Green Bay Sunday night at Lambeau Field.

They have met 196 times previously—194 in the regular season, twice in the playoffs. In those 196 games, this is the composite score:

Green Bay 3,377, Chicago 3,377. Peter King NBC Sports

Quote Originally Posted by gary_in_neenah View Post
    The Bears and the Packers, fittingly, will open the 100th season of professional football in Green Bay Sunday night at Lambeau Field.

They have met 196 times previously—194 in the regular season, twice in the playoffs. In those 196 games, this is the composite score:

Green Bay 3,377, Chicago 3,377. Peter King NBC Sports
    YIKES!....What is the over/under on how many times we hear that stat on Sunday night....LOL

Hallock MN. 20 miles south of Canada - 10 miles east of ND.

Should be a good game. The Pack doesn't have much of a ground game yet anyway. We will get to see Rodgers throw the ball about 70 times.

Bears weakest link and least depth was pass rush and they got the best pass rusher in the game. Def like the move. Glad they also got a #2 pick back. The bears are ready on paper and Its all about Mitchell true bisky now. Really looking forward to Sept 9th. Gona be alot of eyes watching.

Bears better win now cuzz they ain't rebuilding with one 2nd round pick in the next 3 years.
    It's all on Michelle's shoulders.

This is a difficult game to call with nothing but Vanilla O And D during the preseason. Both teams were sub 500 last year and tired to improve their short commings. Idk what to think just no way to know until we have some season history for both teams. The Bears certainly have a team of new players I think there are only 3 players held over since Pace arrived. I used to think there is not much skill difference among professional football players and it is good coaching that makes the difference. This year the Bears have many highly skilled players in all positions and seemingly good creative coaching as well. Rogers is the best at his position and coach M is a proven coach. This Bear/Packer game will be very interesting and I hope competitive as well.

Quote Originally Posted by timo View Post
    Bears better win now cuzz they ain't rebuilding with one 2nd round pick in the next 3 years.
    they have 2 picks in the 2nd round next year alone. just sayin

and yup all on TRUEbisky. comin out partay in Tminus 3 days...........

- - - Updated - - -

Packers Defense conversation in game: Where is tarik cohen? where is allen robinson? where is trey burton? where is taylor gabriel? where is anthony miller? chit there goes jordan howard

They might think they are rebuilt right now. I guess we will see. But yes it is all on Trubisky now.

Spread is 7.5 as of yesterday... i took the Bears. I don't think the Bears will win but Pack defense is not great, Rodgers obviously is. Thinking the Bears offense should do ok but I don't have a ton of faith in Trub just yet or his arsenal of "weapons." Guessing maybe a 24-20 game, Pack win, that will be fairly sloppy. Guessing Rodgers will have to sling the ball a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by momoney2123 View Post
    they have 2 picks in the 2nd round next year alone. just sayin

and yup all on TRUEbisky. comin out partay in Tminus 3 days...........

- - - Updated - - -

Packers Defense conversation in game: Where is tarik cohen? where is allen robinson? where is trey burton? where is taylor gabriel? where is anthony miller? chit there goes jordan howard
    Pack getting that broom outta the closet
    Don't even bother to turn the bus off Mo,,,

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by durphee View Post
    Spread is 7.5 as of yesterday... i took the Bears. I don't think the Bears will win but Pack defense is not great, Rodgers obviously is. Thinking the Bears offense should do ok but I don't have a ton of faith in Trub just yet or his arsenal of "weapons." Guessing maybe a 24-20 game, Pack win, that will be fairly sloppy. Guessing Rodgers will have to sling the ball a lot.
    You really can't say Bears and "weapons" in the same sentence.
    That is the definition of fake news.

Quote Originally Posted by grub View Post
    They might think they are rebuilt right now. I guess we will see. But yes it is all on Trubisky now.
    Definitely signed proven talent FAs and their draftees have been more good than bad but a mixed bag of draft results. If the Bears move into playoffs this year after so many losing seasons many GMs will copy the Pace template for rebuilding. Just have to see where the Bears are with Ws at the end of 8 games. They definitely have a winnable schedule if they have indeed turned the corner. Trubisky has shown flashes in a limited offense last year. This year he now has a weath of good receivers ,TEs ,RBs and O line also good. It’s all about Mitch.

Definitely signed proven talent FAs and their draftees have been more good than bad but a mixed bag of draft results. If the Bears move into playoffs this year after so many losing seasons many GMs will copy the Pace template for rebuilding. Just have to see where the Bears are with Ws at the end of 8 games. They definitely have a winnable schedule if they have indeed turned the corner. Trubisky has shown flashes in a limited offense last year. This year he now has a weath of good receivers ,TEs ,RBs and O line also good. It’s all about Mitch.
    If the bears can run the ball successfully I suspect them to do well sunday night. True will then torch them if they are forced to stack the box. I like the bears +7.5 as well. Think theres no doubt they come out and try to establish the run. And go from there. When Jordan howard gets alot of carries them seem to do well. I forget the exact stats when he gets over 20 Carrie's but even with the bismal coaching and offensive weapontry they had the record wasnt bad last few years.

- - - Updated - - -

O yea.....
    GO BEARS!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Or nagy could say screw it and go for it right away. Should be exciting just no turnovers early in game to get them down. Thay would be worse case. Forcing them into one dimension.

all i can say is , what a game!.....pure entertainment......is MOMO on suicide watch?

Packers 24
    bears 0-1
    Last edited by snobuilder; 09-10-2018 at 01:04 AM.

What a game. I was there and yes trubeski looks like he will be a decent QB. I hope he watched the 2nd half though. Rodgers put on a clinic!!! What an atmosphere, what a great loss for the Bears!

If our defense could play better for a whole game we could be pretty good. They need to take Matthews and show him how bad he is, he is actually hurting the team being out there.

Quote Originally Posted by tealracing16 View Post
    What a game. I was there and yes trubeski looks like he will be a decent QB. I hope he watched the 2nd half though. Rodgers put on a clinic!!! What an atmosphere, what a great loss for the Bears!

If our defense could play better for a whole game we could be pretty good. They need to take Matthews and show him how bad he is, he is actually hurting the team being out there.
    I think we saw both how quiet Lambeau Field can be as well as how loud it can be last night. Hats off to the fans who had Mitch and the Bears deafened in the second half!
    That must have been surreal.

What a game and I’m happy Rogers was able to play although I’m not convinced his knee is ok. Bears become the best by playing the best and they did ok. Mack kept the Bears in this game and the trade looks really good for the Bears. Trubisky maybe a middle of the road QB talent and if Trubisky can’t improve Pace will replace him. He has wheels and a hot arm but his accuracy SUCKED. IMO Howard is too slow of a RB for the Nagy system and will be used for trade bait for another back or draft choices. The Bears are better but probably 500 this year. If Rogers holds up the Pack will make the playoffs but I think the Vikings will beat them next week. Should be a good season for both Bear ,Viking and Packer fans.

Lots of takeaways from last nights game. Its only the first week but all games matter.
    1. Bears offense only scored one touchdown....you can't win against the Pack by kickin field goals.
    2. Trub looked good early but wasn't ready and zone confused him. Trub had 155 yds and a 4.9 avg, not good enough. Trub cant win you the game yet, but Howard can.
    3. Howard had a 5.5 avg on 15 attempts, hand him the ball and Bears probably win.
    4. Aaron Rodgers is better than most QB's on one just one leg.
    5. Mack is ridiculous!
    5. It was quite the Sunday night game!

Side note, Vikes looked good but really needed to put the 49ers away....they let em hang around too long to make a game out of it.

Boy the Packers better get their stuff together.

I can only imagine what will happen when they actually play a talented team with good coaching. They will get crushed.

lmao

yeah, da bears still suck

it never gets old and this win was the sweetest of my lifetime over the bears.
    without a doubt the bears D will be formidable. Mack is insane.

Nagy erred in his way not throwing the ball down field. don't think they completed a pass 7 yards in the air from mid 2nd quarter to last drive 4th quarter. he played not to lose instead of to win. you can only screen pass so many times to Cohen, Gabriel, and Howard before you're not fooling anyone. Michelle didn't play bad, dudes got some elusiveness and I think if they'd take the training wheels off him might of been a different outcome.
    Rodgers what can you say.
    I wouldn't doubt tho if he's got some ligament damage and is going to be sidelined a while. MCL or something.

UGH. What to say. So many areas they screwed up coaching and players.

The 3rd and one play on 2nd of last drive was it for me. why why why. Why not run the ball twice, they could not stop howard for a yard. I was screaming at the TV when they come out in shotgun empty backfield, like ***!!!!

Game is over with a 1st down.

Kyle fuller for christs sake. None of this BS conversation is happening if you catch the ball.

Why in the **** did they not blitz more in the 2nd half, especially up the middle. rodgers was limited.

And at the end when we get the ball to win, what was going on. Didnt like the play from mitch nor the play calling. he did have robinson for a big gain if he doesnt massively over thro him but still was an ugly attempt at a game winning drive with a gift 15 yard penalty thrown in.

gona be a tuff one to overcome......but its a good teaching and learning moment for this young team and coach. a win vs seattle is much needed.

Mo Bears will be ok and should get better with every game. Hawks very beatable and Bears will have Wilson on the run. Hopefully Smith can play Bears need his closing speed. Nagy has to play to win let the O loose see what happens. The Bears D looks to be top 10 again although the secondary seemed slow afoot. I don’t remember the secondary being or looking that slow last year or the Pack WRs are just plain fast. Vikings had trouble putting the 49ers away but did come up with the pick when necessary. They can’t do that with Rogers and probably will be on him. That’s if Rogers can play I bet his knee will ballon and need to be drained it looked really sore by the end of the game.

momoney your post is exactly what the Bears are....a team including the coaching that has talent to compete but still in transition and learning to win. I was also questioning why the Bears didn't blitz more on a wounded Rodgers, his mobility was limited at best. I am not as high on Trub as some are but I do think he will be a successful NFL QB. The Bears future is definitely looking up. As for Rodgers, lets hope his knee injury is minor but it didn't look good last night, although his 2nd half performance was pretty impressive. Next week should be an interesting week for both teams!

Rodgers already banged up. Doesn't matter how tough you are if your leg doesn't work. He will never make 15 more games on a bad wheel. Sooner or later somebody will whack him a good one and finish him off for the season. I hope it doesn't get to be Anthony Barr. Somebody would sneak across the border in the night and kill him as he slept. And the new backup QB looks like he sucks just as bad as the old backup QB.

The bears offense was the same ol same ol after the first 15 scripted plays. They did those first 15 very well. But terrible after that. Other teams will see their plays and motions and soon the first 15 wont even be that good.

No doubt, their D is good. But the got exposed for the whole NFL to see last night. No huddle. Get them so they cant sub the D line and thats why they cant get pressure. They were flat out tired.

Though Id still take the bears D over the packs D.

"In the first half, the Chicagoans stormed our castle, burnt it down, and wounded our king. The kingdom was dark and stank of beer. In the second half, we rose from the ashes like the Phoenix, slaying the angry Bears. All is well and the kingdom cheered wildly."

Packers.com

Quote Originally Posted by gary_in_neenah View Post
    "in the first half, the chicagoans stormed our castle, burnt it down, and wounded our king. The kingdom was dark and stank of beer. In the second half, we rose from the ashes like the phoenix, slaying the angry bears. All is well and the kingdom cheered wildly."

packers.com
    dilly, dilly!!!!!

Quick thoughts:

1 - the Bears fans are saying the same things as always. We look good just need to get better.
    2 - There was a comment about blitzing Rodgers, I thought he got better when blitzed...

Rodgers does get better when he faces a blitz but when the variable of playing on one leg comes into play it is worth the risk. I would suspect other teams will try to pressure Rodgers more in the near future. Even if you don't sack him you might get some clean but big shots on him since his mobility is limited.

anyone see the image circulating on the net today of the golden girl Michelle missing a wide open Burton in the endzone as he's standing 10 yards in front of him? they ended up kicking a FG.

someone please post it up for our guy Momoney's pleasure.

Well with all this, I do believe there is another meeting Dec. 16??? Wonder what that will bring to pass??? Both teams need to improve, what one will do the best at it??? So many questions, eh??? Good entertainment anyway.

Packers came out flat footed and the Bears came out head hunting. We all saw the 1st half results. We all have also seen teams come out breathing fire and then see that they are spent mid to late 3rd quarter. I think this is what happened Sunday night. I also heard a stat that Rodger's avg release time dropped by a full second between the 1st and 2nd half so adjustments were definitely made..

Quote Originally Posted by snobuilder View Post
    Packers came out flat footed and the Bears came out head hunting. We all saw the 1st half results. We all have also seen teams come out breathing fire and then see that they are spent mid to late 3rd quarter. I think this is what happened Sunday night. I also heard a stat that Rodger's avg release time dropped by a full second between the 1st and 2nd half so adjustments were definitely made..
    The main adjustment was that Rodgers was never under center after his injury. All snaps were shotgun or pistol. There is your full second right there. Because even all juiced on painkillers he could not get up and out from behind center. Several dimensions were taken away. No time for long pass plays to develop. Very limited conventional groundgame. And of course no scrambling ability to extend plays. For any mortal quarterback that would spell doom. It also helps that the Bears missed tackles and generally made fools of themselves throughout the comeback. However it will still be one for the ages in the great Bears / Packers rivalry.

On a side note Clay Matthews now officially sucks. He graded out as the worst pass rusher in the entire NFL for week one.

Quote Originally Posted by grub View Post
    The main adjustment was that Rodgers was never under center after his injury. All snaps were shotgun or pistol. There is your full second right there. Because even all juiced on painkillers he could not get up and out from behind center. Several dimensions were taken away. No time for long pass plays to develop. Very limited conventional groundgame. And of course no scrambling ability to extend plays. For any mortal quarterback that would spell doom. It also helps that the Bears missed tackles and generally made fools of themselves throughout the comeback. However it will still be one for the ages in the great Bears / Packers rivalry.
    Agree with your view except that Rodgers explicitly said today that he was in tremendous pain in the second half because he doesn't take the opioid meds.

Agree on 52.....he came out with an apology to the team and fans for that RTP penalty after the game.

anyone see the image circulating on the net today of the golden girl Michelle missing a wide open Burton in the endzone as he's standing 10 yards in front of him? they ended up kicking a FG.

someone please post it up for our guy Momoney's pleasure.
    ohh timmay..... 1st off burton was in the backhalf of the endzone and trubisky was standing on the 15. my math says thats 20+ yards. but yea...

dix is flying in, watch the play in motion

Even your boy kevin king said if trubisky thro's that pass to burton its picked.

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

- - - Updated - - -

Big bounce back for da bears against seattle. need this win, and move on. bears roster is there. time to roll.

Mo my friend,
    i'm not sayin',,im just sayin'

For how high you think Michelle's ceiling is, he should of made that throw with his left hand. You know it.

This is called trigger lock,,the defense is moving to fast for the QB to process what he think's he is or isn't seeing.
    I get it tho,,, a screen shot hardly tells the full story,,,,, but c'mon man if he leads him to the right a little Ha Ha ain't catching up.

he's a #2 pick in the draft, not a 10th rounder....

ohh timmay..... 1st off burton was in the backhalf of the endzone and trubisky was standing on the 15. my math says thats 20+ yards. but yea...

Even your boy kevin king said if trubisky thro's that pass to burton its picked.

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG
    - - - Updated - - -

Mo my friend,
    i'm not sayin',,im just sayin'

For how high you think Michelle's ceiling is, he should of made that throw with his left hand. You know it.

This is called trigger lock,,the defense is moving to fast for the QB to process what he think's he is or isn't seeing.
    I get it tho,,, a screen shot hardly tells the full story,,,,, but c'mon man if he leads him to the right a little Ha Ha ain't catching up.

he's a #2 pick in the draft, not a 10th rounder....

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Disagree. sorry, easily coulda been picked. not making the big turnover

see ya December 16th until then, good luck this week.

Rodgers makes that a TD all day long, one leg, one eye, eatin a piece a cherry pie.....

Really hard to tell just from those pics. Easily taken out of context. Yes, for that split second that is how things looked. But the speed of the game changes things. Could Rodgers make the play? Probably. But that would be more of an experience thing than a cannon arm. Rodgers knows from years and years where people are and where they are going. And Rodgers does have a cannon arm to go along with it. Heck Rodgers has a cannon wrist. There was also a play when the Bears had the ball and Clay Matthews was trying to get off the field before the snap. That is a play Rodgers will catch every time and get at least a too many men penalty and maybe a free play. Trubisky missed it. However it is way to early to write off Trubisky. Just in his second year. He will get better. It could always be worse. You could be a Lions fan. Nothing went right there last week and the upcoming schedule for them is brutal.
    Last edited by grub; 09-13-2018 at 03:41 PM.

I hear ya
    Michelle also missed Robinson in the end zone for 6. Would of gave me my fantasy win for the week lost by 2.
    Cmon Michelle pick it up

Disagree. sorry, easily coulda been picked. not making the big turnover

see ya December 16th until then, good luck this week.

Mitch trubisky is 24 years old with very limited in game experience. Yes guys he is going to miss open receivers in the speed of the game. lol. Even tho that particular play is not so obvious.

He didnt make the big mistakes which at this phase of his career and level of offensive understanding with this playbook, is likely what is being coached into him, dont gamble yetttttt. Each week I suspect we see a little more loose play and aggression from #10. He was coached not to lose that game. Clear as day. Which nagy will learn from. Cant win with scared money.

I hear ya
    Michelle also missed Robinson in the end zone for 6. Would of gave me my fantasy win for the week lost by 2.
    Cmon Michelle pick it up
    No doubt i wish Mitch was more accurate, def missed some thro's

He has to come around with the talent of the roster if this team is gona go.

If he does come around...........well.....i think we all seen who's roster is clearly better.

Sharon cant bail them out forever.

Straight from the horses mouth......

"I'm sure everyone saw what I saw and they're like, ‘Oh, Mitch, throw to the wide open guy in the back of the end zone.' Trust me, I wish I would," Trubisky said. "Tarik was the first option in the flat. It's one of those plays where (you think), ‘How risky are you going to be, are you going to take care of the football?' I checked it down, we lost five yards, but we got three points out of it and went up 10-0. So that was the big positive takeaway for me.

"But moving forward, if I want to evolve into the quarterback I want to be, you've got to take the opportunity and I've got to anticipate that even more. That wasn't something that happened in practice at all that week. But you've got to know as a quarterback if that opens up, take your chances and get it to the guy wide open.

"But it's a little less wide open when you're playing it full motion on film. When you've got the still picture, which I'm sure a lot of people saw, it looks like I don't know what I'm doing.

"Trust me, I'm hard on myself. You want touchdowns, not field goals. But I thought I put myself and my team in a good position in that instance, first quarter, check it down, three points, we're up 10-0."

My packers had many missed ops to end that game before the OT.....Very sad in crunch time.

As far as officiating goes, I always like to think the bad calls will even out by seasons end , but right now, I don't even know what a penalty is anymore. Worst thing is, these calls are coming at EXTEMELY critical times in the game!
    Overall i think we had 2 questionable calls go our way and at least 5 not.

Was a good game yesterday. packers def shoulda won, didnt agree with the penalty at end of game.....pretty weak call. Just glad i took the packers and the points.

Tonight could define the bears season. Much needed win. Not sure they can recover from another loss. Seattle is not the team they once were but can still bring it. Offense should be able to run the ball without much problem and if the D contains wilson should come away with the win. bears 4.5 point favorites, seems a little high. sharps are on bears.

I thought the RTP call was lame too, but they called the EXACT same thing on Kendricks in the first half. At least they were consistent, bad! The Vikes special teams let them down yesterday with a blocked punt for TD and 3 missed FG's. I sure like what I see out of their new QB. 425 yds and 4 TD's. He had 1 INT but that was on the receiver. He outplayed Rodgers.

Quote Originally Posted by mspease View Post
    I thought the RTP call was lame too, but they called the EXACT same thing on Kendricks in the first half. At least they were consistent, bad! The Vikes special teams let them down yesterday with a blocked punt for TD and 3 missed FG's. I sure like what I see out of their new QB. 425 yds and 4 TD's. He had 1 INT but that was on the receiver. He outplayed Rodgers.
    Exactly.

I think its funny as **** the Packers wanted this Rodgers rule - they just forgot to tell everyone they didn't want it called on THEIR defensive players......

Vikings kicker has to be a little worried about his job today

Vikings kicker has to be a little worried about his job today
    I'd be shocked if they don't sign someone else and he's cut by the end of the day. The only reason he won't be is they wasted a 5th round pick on him.

Rodgers made his usual great passes even on a leg and 1/2. Cousins made some great passes as well. But the game was not about the skill players. It was about what the refs determined was a penalty and what was not. The Pack should have won. Matthews will probably get fined for his comments as well as fined for the non-hit. Football is not what it used to be. The catch rule is also hazy. What is a catch and what is not? What is pass interference and what is not? What is holding? No matter the skill level of these players it all comes down to what the refs decide to call. I liked it better 10 years ago.

I am surprised that the Vikes kicker made it on the bus after the game, thought he was have missed it just a little to the right! Not sure what to take away from that game. Lots of missed plays from each team, ref's were inconsistent/consistent on the RTP's plays ( i didn't like either call) some absolutely great plays also. Cousins played amazing and the Pack had no response to him second half. Pack need more than field goals to win, sounds like what i said about Bears last week. Do the Vikes practice special teams? At the end of the day it was a great watch!

For the Bears tonight, it is a important game for Trub. More than just winning or losing its about how he plays. Some QB's are really stepping up and for his high draft pick its time to show what he has/or doesnt have. Seattle's defense is definitely not what it was and can be beat. Should be a good game!

Yes def need to see some growth from trubisky. he is still very early in this system, but need to see improvement each week. at home, i expect him to play well.

mahomes has had a year and then some with andy reid. So not suprised he is more advanced and comfortable with that system than trubisky. but we should be starting to see mitch come around

Quote Originally Posted by xcr440 View Post
    I'd be shocked if they don't sign someone else and he's cut by the end of the day. The only reason he won't be is they wasted a 5th round pick on him.
    Yup, GONE.

Im rooting for the bears tonight!. I need Allen Robinson and the Defense to come up big tonight!!

Ha!
    Same here but only need 3 points for win

Quote Originally Posted by srt20 View Post
    Im rooting for the bears tonight!. I need Allen Robinson and the Defense to come up big tonight!!

Ha!
    Same here but only need 3 points for win
    Well their defense pulled it out for me.

But good god that offense isnt good at all. Its getting to be time for Mitch to get his crap together. He has now made more starts in the NFL than college. Im really starting to think he will never be better than a mid tier QB at best.

Bears have the making of a real team. Mitch has to play better to get them to next level. Still early but he missed to many easy throws. The pick that wasnt was the worse thro of the night. Tipped ball and under thro to Robinson aren't horrible. Not gona hit pannick button until he masters the offense and then makes same mistakes.

Well their defense pulled it out for me.

But good god that offense isnt good at all. Its getting to be time for Mitch to get his crap together. He has now made more starts in the NFL than college. Im really starting to think he will never be better than a mid tier QB at best.
    The offense has plenty of creativity and weapons at disposal. The running game is fine. It really is on mitch to bring it all together. I kno we want to see results now but need to have some patience before any real and worthy conclusions can be made.

HEading to AZ next week. Should be a good game for mitch to hone his craft some more

The defense tho wow, if they stay healthy. Man. They get after it.

The Bears will win games in spite of Michelle. He is who I thought he was. Lot of room and time to grow. Nagy will do a good job of hiding his deficiencies. Thing with inaccurate QB's is that's who you are. Can watch all the game film you want.

You also thought desaun watson was the 2nd coming of joe montana. he has regressed. with any young QB going to need more of a sample size to see who they really are.

Mitch is a novice in this offense, clearly as the reason for playing better early vs late in the game. He will master this offense, and thats when we will see if he has it or not.

It appears to me he makes his biggest mistakes when he is unsure what to do.

I mean he had some inaccurate throws but still completed 75% of passes. So hard to pin down an accurate conclusion of the kid.

What a defense! Of course the Seahawks are a trainwreck of a team right now but that D really was impressive. Mack is an amazing talent but he also makes all the other players around him even better. That defense makes you a playoff contender.
    And now the offense......ummm, I wish I had better things to say but Trub hasn't shown anything yet. If you need a 5 yard pass Mitch is your man! Down field throws...hasn't shown anything yet. I do think he will be a descent NFL QB. The Bears can win with Mitch but its not because of Mitch. He is a second pick overall, I expect better even at this point. Hes ranked 24th in passer rating and the Bears defense has as many TD's as Mitch has thrown for this year - 2. He needs to step it up. Hes being outplayed by the 10th and 12th pick of the 2017 draft, can't keep that continually happening. Another bad opponent this week for the Bears and time for Mitch to improve.

I agree with most of what you said but his completion rate is high cause he is throwing the easy 4, 5, 6 yard passes that defenses are giving him. Any NFL QB or even backup can do that.

I mean he had some inaccurate throws but still completed 75% of passes. So hard to pin down an accurate conclusion of the kid.[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by durphee View Post
    I agree with most of what you said but his completion rate is high cause he is throwing the easy 4, 5, 6 yard passes that defenses are giving him. Any NFL QB or even backup can do that.

I mean he had some inaccurate throws but still completed 75% of passes. So hard to pin down an accurate conclusion of the kid.
    [/QUOTE]

Accept for the 3 yard out he had Howard wide open and zipped it ten feet above his head. Or the 10 yarder to Robinson in the endzone when all he had to do was zip it in Robinson's gut and he'll shield the defender from breaking it up. That was a TD he zipped 5 feet over his head.

- - - Updated - - -

You also thought desaun watson was the 2nd coming of joe montana. he has regressed. with any young QB going to need more of a sample size to see who they really are.

Mitch is a novice in this offense, clearly as the reason for playing better early vs late in the game. He will master this offense, and thats when we will see if he has it or not.

It appears to me he makes his biggest mistakes when he is unsure what to do.

Watson had one bad game last week. This week he was fine. Better rating than Michelle actually. Sure he's not throwing 5 TD's a game like last year.

# 2 pick needs to start making these throws Mo,,,, you know it.

The throw to howard is not what worries me. that was 1st play of game, nerves were going for sure. especially for a newbie.

The thro to gabriel doesnt worry, he recognized who to thro to, just over thru him. gona happen no doubt

The underthro to robinson doesnt worry me, i blame robinson more for that. I mean comon how often do we see talented recievers on a long thro go up and get it or at least bump defender to get a PA called, or at absolute worse play DB and bat it down. weak effort on that.

The Tipped ball doesnt worry me. not much you can do.

The one that worried me was the play in endzone that should have been picked. That was bad. bad read, bad thro, bad everything. way to much risk in red zone.

I am gonna go to atleast week 10 or 11 before any conclusions are made. every week should see some gains

Bears win in spite of their QB. Lol. Sound familiar? Mack is awesome I knew he was good but wow unstoppable and gets his hands on the ball and ball is out. Mack makes everyone on D better worth a every penny and draft choices to get him. Trubisky idk? He has to get better quickly for Bears to get to the playoffs. Maybe Mitch will break out next week against the Cardinals they really aren’t very good this year. I have high hopes for Trubisky but I’m beginning to have my doubts about him!

Just as mahomes has played great no one knows if he can sustain it. Need time. The thing that gives me hope about trubisky is he wants to get better and puts the time in. Hard work will pay off. He is young. Not gona right him off until he gets a fair shake. I have my worrys too but not gona over react.

I will watch, and wait to seasons end to make the call on Trub, the team, and the coach. It's all pretty much "new" all the way around. I like what I see on all parts as of now, and my thoughts are this coach can put it all together, and wish him success.

Baker Mayfield looks pretty good tonight. Just sayin........

Baker Mayfield looks pretty good tonight. Just sayin........
    The 635 day win drought is over for the Browns ....lol

In other news, all NFL QB's are being fitted for flag belts.

I watched all 3 Browns games this season and they are the real deal and easily could be 3-0 with a better kicker and a break here and there. Baker is an exciting player reminds me of a young Drew Brees. Any team that tales Cleveland lightly will lose to them. They turned the corner and CB Ward is a ball hawk. Fun team to watch play this year.

I know its only a half of a game but I have to agree, Mayfield looked good. Of course he will have his bad games, Mahomes is due for one, but his pocket presence, down field accuracy and control of the team looked pretty dang good....for now. The Baker Mayfield era has begun for Cleveland. Im not a big fan of his but its hard to root against the Browns!

Another interesting week of football! Guess i'll start with the Bears. I am not sure I have ever seen a team pull their starting QB only down by 2 with a chance to win. A lot of young QB's have been making big plays and looking good.....maybe just not a good time to try your rookie out. Of course Bradford was struggling at best. Bears defense was great as usual, you will win almost every game giving up 14 points. Mitch struggled again but Howard will carry the offense this year. All Mitch needs to do is hand the ball off, make the easy throws and maybe a couple down field throws and the Bears will be competitive. I feel a little bad for Mitch, this year was supposed to be about developing but the with the acquisition of Mack it turned into a win now defense with a win in the future offense. Bears have a favorable schedule so far, next week should be interesting.
    Vikes.....***? When you get drilled and beat down there's really nothing to say.
    Pack....walking and chewing gum can be hard sometimes. The Pack did a great job of beating the Pack yesterday. They really missed having a sure handed veteran receiver who is on the same page as the QB, or put into a name Jordy. Yesterday really showed that but Cobb won't have a game like that again. The Pack are the Pack and they will still always make a run when they need to. Maybe playing in the first half would help.
    Lions...my favorite bi polar team.....hey, great victory, now don't go out next week and get beat by the pathetic, please stop playing football cowboys. Cowboys suck...that felt good to say.
    Maybe next week Mahomes will play like a regular NFL QB.

Mitch is Mitch I guess got to score TDS not field goals. When Mitch throws down field he isn’t even close over throws or under throws looks bad!!! Bears should have routed the Cards but sqeeked by and putting Rozen in at the very end was STUPID IMO.

The Pack well Rogers can’t do it alone every week and coach M should seriously consider resting him to get the knee better. Not to mention Rogers needs to walk after retirement.

The Vikes WOW never saw that let down coming. Sure hope that doesn’t linger.

The Lions man have they been stinking up the Field yesterday looked very good or exposed the Pats to being a bad team too. Time will tell for both.

In any event I have to say it there is a 3 way tie for first in the North Bears, Vikings and the Pack!!

After mortgaging their future to move up to #2 to take Michelle it's clear they got the third best QB in that draft.

Trubisky can't even make the easy throws. The Vikings have no offensive line. Again. The Pack has no defense. Again. Rodgers won't be 100% for the rest of the season. They will beat up on each other. I would not be shocked to see the Lions win the division with a 7 /9 record. The Patriots will get Edelman back after 1 more game. Plus their shiny new toy should be about ready to go by then also. They will be fine.

Mitch is Mitch I guess got to score TDS not field goals. When Mitch throws down field he isn’t even close over throws or under throws looks bad!!! Bears should have routed the Cards but sqeeked by and putting Rozen in at the very end was STUPID IMO.

The Pack well Rogers can’t do it alone every week and coach M should seriously consider resting him to get the knee better. Not to mention Rogers needs to walk after retirement.

The Vikes WOW never saw that let down coming. Sure hope that doesn’t linger.

The Lions man have they been stinking up the Field yesterday looked very good or exposed the Pats to being a bad team too. Time will tell for both.

In any event I have to say it there is a 3 way tie for first in the North Bears, Vikings and the Pack!!
    huh?

Quote Originally Posted by snobuilder View Post
    huh?
    Ok because of the tie Vikes and Pack Da Bears are in First Place in the North Division.

Ok because of the tie Vikes and Pack Da Bears are in First Place in the North Division.
    Say it loud and proud...enjoy it while you can....this looks like an 8-8 division....the ties will mean a lot come Dec.

Does anyone else feel bad for Kirk Cousins tonight?
    I know the Vikings are rivals, but this guy could get hurt bad tonight.

Who is the Vikings backup QB? He will probably end up knocked out as well.

Rams are good all the way around.

The Vikings offensive line is below average. The Rams have the best D line in probably the entire NFL. On paper anyway. Cousins better have better composure and judgement than he did against Buffalo or he will be sacked / intercepted / forced to fumble / killed. Plus the game is at the Rams. Vegas gives the Rams an 80% chance to win. My own personal guess is that the Rams will win by at least 20 points unless the Vikes put up some garbage time points. Last week against Buffalo was not really an upset. The Vikes bad O-line was exposed early and the two early fumbles deep in their own zone decided the game right there and then. The only way the Vikes win is if the Rams turn the ball over 5 times.

The Rams are a very good team, probably the best in the league. I'm amazed Minnesota had a chance to win that game with 2 minutes to go on the road. Cousins played very well again, the defense is the issue right now. They don't look anything like they did last year. Rams didn't win by 20 and Cousins and the backup were not knocked out of the game. LOL

Cousins is solid always was in Washington, Danny Snyer and Co. are just clueless.
    How bad of a coach is Jeff Fisher.
    In 20 games McVay is averaging 31 points as head coach.
    Don't think Fisher's teams scored 31 points a single game with basically the same offensive personnel.

Pretty impressive showing by both teams offense's. Especially QB's and WRs'.

Surprisingly the D's didnt control the game. The Vikings came to play, and it showed. Rams are built to win the SB right now. Vikings not far behind.
    Those are the 2 teams that should be playing in the SB, probably. Get some OLine help for the Queens, and lets see them play again.

Yes I am a Packer fan, and no way Packers beat either of those teams. Yeah yeah they tied, but they wont next time.

Long way to go. Lots of time for injuries to happen. If you take Gurley out of the Rams equation things would change. Drew Brees can beat anybody on any given day. KC looks like the real deal. Philly might come together and obliterate everybody again. Who knows where Bell might go? The Pack can afford him but would they do it? Long way to go.

Good week for Pack, Bears and even the Lions to get a win. Bears have a great opportunity to push Mitch some more this week against Tampa, their defense is bad. He needs to make the throws. The Pack just need a win and the Bills are a great team to beat up on. I thought Dallas was going to be descent this year but they are pure garbage.
    So im taking the Bears to cover the spread of 3, Pack to cover the spread of 10 and Detroit to actually win outright.

That's more like it from mitch!! Go bears! Watch out if he continues to play well. The defense is probably the best in the league. Need to stay healthy tho. Concerned about the depth.