Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 201 to 300 of 494

Thread: 2018/2019 bears

  1. #201
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Wis.
    Posts
    1,861

    Default

    coming from the dungeon where Bears fan's have been residing for a better half of a decade I can understand the sense of accomplishment of beating four teams with a combined winning pct. of .210. Tap the brakes tho Pack ain't finished just yet.

  2. #202
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    not far enough north
    Posts
    2,452

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by timo View Post
    coming from the dungeon where Bears fan's have been residing for a better half of a decade I can understand the sense of accomplishment of beating four teams with a combined winning pct. of .210. Tap the brakes tho Pack ain't finished just yet.
    Number 12 is great just not great enough to bail out the dumpster fire organization every year. Bears are trending up. . Sharon if you ever want to win again get the heck out of Green Bay

  3. #203
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Wis.
    Posts
    1,861

    Default

    while i'm still counting down the day's until Bob's Big Boy is gone this loss fall as much on Rodgers shoulders as his. his numbers might look good but the passing up of the dump downs that move the chains instead of chucking it 30 yards down field on 3rd and 3 is on Rodgers decision making. Plenty of blame to go around but Rodgers decision making was awful. there's a screen grab floating around the world wide web of a dump off to Jones where he would of walked into the endzone and for some reason Rodgers said nah,,,


    Quote Originally Posted by momoney2123 View Post
    Number 12 is great just not great enough to bail out the dumpster fire organization every year. Bears are trending up. . Sharon if you ever want to win again get the heck out of Green Bay

  4. #204
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Oglesby, IL
    Posts
    1,106

    Default

    That was a disappointing loss for the Pack.....sometimes the pieces just don't fall in place for a lot of reasons. Coaching, talent, luck! Pack always had that little extra but it just hasn't materialized this year. But, its not looking good for McCarthy. I agree with plenty of others, its just time for him to go. Something is off. The Pack can easily go 4-2 in the last part of the season, might not be good enough though, they probably need to go 6-0, not an easy task for even the best teams.

    As for the Bears, last week was a beat down. Mitch played great and the Lions did an amazing job of not covering receivers. This weeks game vs the Vikes should be a great game. Bears finally playing a quality team and they get them at home. Its true they haven't had a quality win but they have been winning. Only 3 winning teams left on the schedule and the Rams defense has started to fall off. The Bears are good but also good at doing nothing for half's at a time, which should become less frequent as they develop. With the Pack not being what they used to be its time for another team to step up, this weeks game should show whos ready.

  5. #205
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Out there
    Posts
    4,683

    Default

    I'm gonna go hang out on the legal weed tread.

  6. #206
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Ptown, Ill
    Posts
    2,913

    Default

    Bears vs. Vike's????????????? What's your call on it??? I feel as it will be a good game, but the overwhelming Bear defense will be too much for the Vike's to handle.

  7. #207
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Phelps, WI
    Posts
    9,946

    Default

    Either team can win a toss up just have to play the game see what happens. Vikings have the edge in experience in important games against good opponents. Bears do not.

  8. #208
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    not far enough north
    Posts
    2,452

    Default

    Coming off a bye I expect a big effort from Minnesota. This is a real test. At home I also expect a big effort from bears. May the best team win.

  9. #209
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Out there
    Posts
    4,683

    Default

    After the Packs loss to Seattle I am moved to believe that as a Packers fan it will be best to root for the Bears tonight and keep the slim chances at a wildcard berth alive.

  10. #210
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Ptown, Ill
    Posts
    2,913

    Default

    Good idea, snobuilder. You never seemed to be a "queenee"???

  11. #211
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Out there
    Posts
    4,683

    Default

    @@#%&!!

  12. #212
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Oglesby, IL
    Posts
    1,106

    Default

    Impressive bears defense tonight. Both offenses struggled. I always thought Cousins was extremely overpaid,showed it again tonght. Mitch struggled also and has a lot of learning but with contracts they have the Bears have multiple years window available. Both defenses were impressive but the Bears defense was outstanding, won them the game and very few weaknesses in the D. Nicks was out of control. Should be a fun run to the end of the season.

  13. #213
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    PART TIME YOOPER
    Posts
    2,241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by durphee View Post
    Impressive bears defense tonight. Both offenses struggled. I always thought Cousins was extremely overpaid,showed it again tonght. Mitch struggled also and has a lot of learning but with contracts they have the Bears have multiple years window available. Both defenses were impressive but the Bears defense was outstanding, won them the game and very few weaknesses in the D. Nicks was out of control. Should be a fun run to the end of the season.
    could our sunday actually have our bears?

  14. #214
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    not far enough north
    Posts
    2,452

    Default

    Big shocker to ya all. Bear down. Next.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Ps. Kahil mack. Wow. Please stay healthy.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Double ps. Polaris Dan crack pipe this ya hater.

  15. #215
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Oglesby, IL
    Posts
    1,106

    Default

    ummmm....PD is a Bears fan.

  16. #216
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Hallock MN. 20 miles south of Canada - 10 miles east of ND.
    Posts
    2,120

    Default

    The Bears are improved. But they are a long ways from being a SB contender. Drew Brees is demonstrating what it takes to win a SB in this day and age. The NO defense is nothing special at all. But it doesn't matter when Brees can put up points at will. The old saying that defense wins championships is no longer true. The game has changed in favor of offense. The Bears will probably be kings of the north and that will be enough for long suffering Bears fans. And then next season both GB and MN will have easier schedules than the Bears. Detroit will probably get to play Arizona 6 times. GB getting all its bad luck over with this season. MN might actually get some offensive linemen. Anybodys division next season.

  17. #217
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    not far enough north
    Posts
    2,452

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by durphee View Post
    ummmm....PD is a Bears fan.
    I know........but he is a hater.....D is a made up fantasy bla bla


    POLARISDAN
    yea..i see none of u believers are bulls hit tnin now..told u..i was on the water after the half..that clown couldnt hit the side of a fu kin barn

    - - - Updated - - -

    and mahomes drops anothe 40 tonight..gee coulda traded UP for him..duh

    - - - Updated - - -

    and the D is a made UP fantasy..fkn joke
    10-20-2018, 08:54 PMPOLARISDAN
    i see the crackpipe is lit here still..geez..really..ill be back on st germaine by halftime..

  18. #218
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Phelps, WI
    Posts
    9,946

    Default

    Da Bears are very young and have come along way this year. They still can’t close out a game and need to upgrade Howard in the off season. The defense is awesome but needs to stay healthy. I doubt any team will blowout the Bears this season if no major injuries. The Bears keep improving and their second 8 games should be better than their first 8. FAs and young players are still learning the Bears O and D schemes so look out by week 16 could be a top 5 team!

  19. #219
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    1,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by durphee View Post
    ummmm....PD is a Bears fan.
    Yup

  20. #220
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Ptown, Ill
    Posts
    2,913

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whitedust View Post
    Da Bears are very young and have come along way this year. They still can’t close out a game and need to upgrade Howard in the off season. The defense is awesome but needs to stay healthy. I doubt any team will blowout the Bears this season if no major injuries. The Bears keep improving and their second 8 games should be better than their first 8. FAs and young players are still learning the Bears O and D schemes so look out by week 16 could be a top 5 team!
    I have to agree completely whitedust. They will only get better as time passes. This coach is definitely the right fit!!! It appears upper management has put together a pretty darn good package!!! Lucky, or what ever, these Bears are the real deal!!! Anyone who thinks the Bears will be easy to handle next year is sadly mistaken, unless they are devastated with injuries. A win, is a WIN. I'll take it.

  21. #221
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Wis.
    Posts
    1,861

    Default

    i don't think even the Bears D would of kept either one of them teams last night under 35.
    The speed and skill set of them two teams is clearly head and shoulders about everyone else. The only other team that could of kept up is the Saints.
    Cheifs are coming out of the AFC i'll take them at home over the Steelers.
    Saints over Rams cuzz they'll have home field.
    It'll be an arena like SB.

  22. #222
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    not far enough north
    Posts
    2,452

    Default

    Sounds like trubisky may not be playing Thursday. Wait and see.

  23. #223
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Wis.
    Posts
    1,861

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by momoney2123 View Post
    Sounds like trubisky may not be playing Thursday. Wait and see.
    What is wrong?

  24. #224
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Phelps, WI
    Posts
    9,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by timo View Post
    What is wrong?
    He took a lick on his throwing shoulder didn’t practice and saying day to day had pain when throwing. Never really know about throwing shoulder injuries could lead to a bunch of other bad arm stuff if motion is not natural. Nagy might sit him hope Daniels is enough QB to win at Detroit feature more Howard then pound play smashmouth.

  25. #225
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Out there
    Posts
    4,683

    Default

    The biskit doesn't know how or when to slide before contact after the cinderella QB run attempts he needs to rely on to move his team down the field....just another chink in his rook armor that is just the beginning of his fail at a Rodgers like career that the Bears fans have nightly fantasies about.

  26. #226
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Phelps, WI
    Posts
    9,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snobuilder View Post
    The biskit doesn't know how or when to slide before contact after the cinderella QB run attempts he needs to rely on to move his team down the field....just another chink in his rook armor that is just the beginning of his fail at a Rodgers like career that the Bears fans have nightly fantasies about.
    Actually the injury took place on a late hit penalty on the Vikings after Trubisky had a clean feet first slide. Definitely was a cheap shot and unnecessary. Nagy and Trubisky took the injury in a very professional manner blaming no one just said unfortunate but late hits are a part of the game of football. Nagy will play Trubisky if able if not Daniels turn to play QB.

  27. #227
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Wis.
    Posts
    1,861

    Default

    Yah at home i would say sit him,, on the road and all these late season wins are vital i would say he need to play if capable.
    just stop running so much.



    Quote Originally Posted by whitedust View Post
    He took a lick on his throwing shoulder didn’t practice and saying day to day had pain when throwing. Never really know about throwing shoulder injuries could lead to a bunch of other bad arm stuff if motion is not natural. Nagy might sit him hope Daniels is enough QB to win at Detroit feature more Howard then pound play smashmouth.

  28. #228
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    not far enough north
    Posts
    2,452

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snobuilder View Post
    The biskit doesn't know how or when to slide before contact after the cinderella QB run attempts he needs to rely on to move his team down the field....just another chink in his rook armor that is just the beginning of his fail at a Rodgers like career that the Bears fans have nightly fantasies about.
    Rodgers is injured all the time.

    - - - Updated - - -

    He is fighting to play. They just may not let him.

    Daniel knows the offense well. I think he can score with the weapons. Bears talent gap alone should be enough to beat lions.

    As mentioned was a late hit. Why not tell him to play in a bubble. NO. Be yourself. Run if you must. Bears are coming. Looking forward to the rams.

  29. #229
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    not far enough north
    Posts
    2,452

    Default

    https://www.facebook.com/11589701445...6931014414452/

    - - - Updated - - -

    Key in on mack and forget about hicks...this will happen

  30. #230
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Ptown, Ill
    Posts
    2,913

    Default

    Nagy will do what is best for his young quarter back. He's not going to blow the long term plan up for one game. I'm with whitedust on this, as Daniel's is very capable for the game at hand.

  31. #231
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    not far enough north
    Posts
    2,452

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by old abe View Post
    Nagy will do what is best for his young quarter back. He's not going to blow the long term plan up for one game. I'm with whitedust on this, as Daniel's is very capable for the game at hand.
    Daniel*

    - - - Updated - - -

    Just like jeffrey....everyone called him Jeffrey's.

  32. #232
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    not far enough north
    Posts
    2,452

  33. #233
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Wis.
    Posts
    1,861

    Default

    Dave Portony needs to stick his pizza critiques. He don't know football.

  34. #234
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Phelps, WI
    Posts
    9,946

    Default

    Nagy says Trubisky is out of Lions game.

  35. #235
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    not far enough north
    Posts
    2,452

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by timo View Post
    Dave Portony needs to stick his pizza critiques. He don't know football.
    Bears are for real. Easy to see.

  36. #236
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Out there
    Posts
    4,683

    Default

    Lions by 6 today.

  37. #237
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Ptown, Ill
    Posts
    2,913

    Default

    I don't have a handle on today's game, other than the Bears win!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by old abe; 11-22-2018 at 07:56 PM.

  38. #238
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Ptown, Ill
    Posts
    2,913

    Default

    A win is a win!!!

  39. #239
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Ptown, Ill
    Posts
    2,913

    Default

    whitedust, it appears Pace has out done what I thought of him. Puzzling??? These moves/deals he's made are paying off far better, and quicker than I considered possible. Chase Daniel looked very solid. Again, the defense is on top of their game. Getting Nagy is a big one!!!

  40. #240
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Phelps, WI
    Posts
    9,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by old abe View Post
    whitedust, it appears Pace has out done what I thought of him. Puzzling??? These moves/deals he's made are paying off far better, and quicker than I considered possible. Chase Daniel looked very solid. Again, the defense is on top of their game. Getting Nagy is a big one!!!
    Abe appears to me Pace knew what he was looking for in a coach and Nagy fit the bill. Then Pace was all in to giving Nagy what he needed to groom Trubisky to his best abilities. We heard Howard was on the trading block and questioned why.... now I know he is a fish out of water in the misdirection speed offense that Nagy has perfected. Howard could have a lot of value if he could pound out yardage as a devastating closer but so far he’s not doing much. Nagy might keep Howard on the cheap but more likely to look for a closer RB and more importantly a 200 pound pass catcher slasher. Defenses have been able to figure out new offense in the off season but so far the new misdirection offenses seem unstoppable ala The Chiefs,Rams and the Saints. I don’t think the Bear O is up to those teams but just maybe the Bears D can hold them down a bit. I recorded the Lions game and the D won that game Daniel did just enough to get a win but it was over the Lions who have many holes in their lineup.

  41. #241
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    The Keweenaw Peninsula
    Posts
    4,481

    Default

    1985. No offence needed that year!

  42. #242
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Phelps, WI
    Posts
    9,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
    1985. No offence needed that year!
    That was different. The 45 defense was unstoppable at the time kind of a reverse of where we are today with all the rule changes favering the O. The 45 D would seek and destroy QBS and receivers and you can’t do that anymore. The 85 Bears did have great athletes on their D most were all home grown pro players not FAs.

  43. #243
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    The Keweenaw Peninsula
    Posts
    4,481

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whitedust View Post
    That was different. The 45 defense was unstoppable at the time kind of a reverse of where we are today with all the rule changes favering the O. The 45 D would seek and destroy QBS and receivers and you can’t do that anymore. The 85 Bears did have great athletes on their D most were all home grown pro players not FAs.
    Looks like I have been schooled!

    Shows what I know and don't know. Result of not following the NFL closely for 15 years!

    LA has two teams now? Sheesh. Greedy.

  44. #244
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Phelps, WI
    Posts
    9,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
    Looks like I have been schooled!

    Shows what I know and don't know. Result of not following the NFL closely for 15 years!

    LA has two teams now? Sheesh. Greedy.
    Raiders moving to Las Vegas so that will lessen the log jam in the Bay Area. Funny I was thinking of expansion cities and not much left without an NFL market.

  45. #245
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    not far enough north
    Posts
    2,452

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
    1985. No offence needed that year!
    Most people dont kno or realize but in 85 the bears had the 2nd ranked offense in league, granite the D helped inflate some of those numbers

    And WD the defense was called the 4-6


    As far as today Ryan pace needs to get sum awknowledment he has absolutely transformed the bears.

  46. #246
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    not far enough north
    Posts
    2,452

    Default

    Find out in few weeks if bears D can handle the rams offense.

  47. #247
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Phelps, WI
    Posts
    9,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by momoney2123 View Post
    Most people dont kno or realize but in 85 the bears had the 2nd ranked offense in league, granite the D helped inflate some of those numbers

    And WD the defense was called the 4-6


    As far as today Ryan pace needs to get sum awknowledment he has absolutely transformed the bears.
    Yep off by 1 digit also Buddy nicknamed the 46 after Doug Planks number for his viscous hits on everyone always leading with his head on every tackle. I used to wonder how Plank didn’t have scrambled eggs for a brain he was such a full speed head first hitter.

  48. #248
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Ptown, Ill
    Posts
    2,913

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whitedust View Post
    Yep off by 1 digit also Buddy nicknamed the 46 after Doug Planks number for his viscous hits on everyone always leading with his head on every tackle. I used to wonder how Plank didn’t have scrambled eggs for a brain he was such a full speed head first hitter.
    Back then yes, a "hardcore viscous" defense. The Buddy Ryan 4/6 was a "destructive" force for sure, and some of it would not be allowed with today's rules. It would devastate the other teams abilities both physically, and mentally. I also believe the offense was somewhat over looked due to their awesome defense. That Bear team downfall, demise, was from heads getting too big, too fast on both the management side, and the players. The issue of concussion correction/prevention is warranted, and was badly needed!!! 33 years ago, wow!!!

  49. #249
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    not far enough north
    Posts
    2,452

    Default

    Pretty rare....but let's go packers

  50. #250
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Spooner, WI
    Posts
    4,473

    Default

    The Vikes are 1-5-1 vs. the Pack in the last 7 games! When Cousins is on like last night, they are a completely different team. They have 1 bad loss this year, to the Bills, which was a terrible game by the Vikes, at home no less. Their other 3 losses have come against the Rams (at their place and the Vikes had a chance to win with 2 minutes left), the Saints and the Bears, which was another terrible game by the Vikes. If they play like last night, they beat the Bears at home, but we never know which team is going to show up. They have a tough schedule ahead yet. Bears are in a good position right now.

  51. #251
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Phelps, WI
    Posts
    9,946

    Default

    Coach M can’t be feeling very secure after last nights game. I don’t know when his contact is due but the team just not playing well and it’s going to be a tuff
    season for the Pack. Unfortunately Coach M will now start playing loose as a goose lots of 4th down plays for Rogers. Pack will not be easy to beat giving Rogers the ability to throw the ball on 4th down across the 50.

  52. #252
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Hallock MN. 20 miles south of Canada - 10 miles east of ND.
    Posts
    2,120

    Default

    When all he has to throw to is Adams Rodgers is not hard to defend. No Jordy. No Geronimo. No Cobb. Just a bunch of rooks with limited experience. GM just as much to blame as anyone. They should have done a Dallas and went out and got a proven WR. Never should have let Jordy go. He would have signed for cheap to stay. Stupid.

  53. #253
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Ptown, Ill
    Posts
    2,913

    Default

    I have to side with you grub, as the GM is to blame as much as McCarthy. But now, it appears to me that the GM is the most of where the blame lays??? And mspease, as
    to the Vikes beating the Bears in Chitown??? Good luck with that if Trubisky playing healthy!!!


    mspease, my bad. As in Chitown, or in Minny!!!
    Last edited by old abe; 11-26-2018 at 06:03 PM.

  54. #254
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    not far enough north
    Posts
    2,452

    Default

    Bears vikes was 25-20...but anyone who watched that game knew the game was not that close....vikings got man handled.

    Of course cousins plays well against a swiss cheese defense at home.....against mack and hicks.....different story...not about cousins showing up or not, he is facing a whole different set of challenges

  55. #255
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Hallock MN. 20 miles south of Canada - 10 miles east of ND.
    Posts
    2,120

    Default

    The Bears already beat MN in Chi. The last game is in MN. If the Bears are already locked into a playoff position I would have to believe most of the starters will sit. They will probably be the no 3 seed. No way are they going to leapfrog NO and the Rams. For that matter MN might well be out of it by then and a bunch of them will sit too. If that happens the NFL will probably flex them into a 3 AM kickoff in Bangaladesh.

  56. #256
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    not far enough north
    Posts
    2,452

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grub View Post
    The Bears already beat MN in Chi. The last game is in MN. If the Bears are already locked into a playoff position I would have to believe most of the starters will sit. They will probably be the no 3 seed. No way are they going to leapfrog NO and the Rams. For that matter MN might well be out of it by then and a bunch of them will sit too. If that happens the NFL will probably flex them into a 3 AM kickoff in Bangaladesh.
    If bears beat rams, they will be only 1 game back, so if bears stay one game back....all games will matter. would suck to go 12-4 or 13-3 and not get a bye.

  57. #257
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    not far enough north
    Posts
    2,452

  58. #258
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    not far enough north
    Posts
    2,452

    Default

    Saints loss was nice, only 1 game out from 2 teams for a bye. Be huge to get homefield for bears......saints and rams at home different than road

  59. #259
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Wis.
    Posts
    1,861

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by momoney2123 View Post
    Saints loss was nice, only 1 game out from 2 teams for a bye. Be huge to get homefield for bears......saints and rams at home different than road
    No Michelle this week,,,,tissue soft.
    Bears on the road I'll take the G Men in a minor upset this week.
    And I'll take the over of 8 sacks on Eli.

  60. #260
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Oglesby, IL
    Posts
    1,106

    Default

    I would be surprised if the Bears lose to the Giants this week. Bears win with defense and should have a field day with Peyton Manning's brother. Chase is a descent backup and familiar with the offense, he played well last game and I expect the same this week. Even with a backup QB the Bears can compete. Losing Mitch isn't a deal breaker for the Bears in the short term. Can the Bears play with the studs of the league...i think so. NO just showed that any team can lay an egg from time to time...man they looked bad. The better team doesn't always win in the NFL, this isn't the NBA.
    I am really interested in the Vikes, they have a tough schedule ahead and need some victories. They have not impressed this year to their potential. And the Pack have a lot more issues than just the coach, something isn't right with that team this year and I expect a big shakeup at the end of the season. Speaking of disappointments, the 85 Bears not winning more than one SB was a major disappointment.

  61. #261
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Ptown, Ill
    Posts
    2,913

    Default

    I go along with all of that durphee, X2.

  62. #262
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    not far enough north
    Posts
    2,452

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by timo View Post
    No Michelle this week,,,,tissue soft.
    Bears on the road I'll take the G Men in a minor upset this week.
    And I'll take the over of 8 sacks on Eli.
    Likely another thing you will be way off about

  63. #263
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Ptown, Ill
    Posts
    2,913

    Default

    Well, now what do you think of that whitedust??? Hicks= Nall= big, bulldozing "backs"??? At the least, it's reminiscent of the "Appliance/Refrigerator Perry"!!! And I like it!!! Not a "good" day for Chase!!! Bears need to keep hammering the running game. Howard is doing fine.

  64. #264
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Ptown, Ill
    Posts
    2,913

    Default

    Yeah well, good luck with all that??? Bears blew it!!!! Bad day for the Pack also. Just plain Bad Luck!!! However, Hicks had a great day!!!

  65. #265
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Out there
    Posts
    4,683

    Default

    MIKE is gone. Pouty #12 drove the final nail today.

  66. #266
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Phelps, WI
    Posts
    9,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by old abe View Post
    Well, now what do you think of that whitedust??? Hicks= Nall= big, bulldozing "backs"??? At the least, it's reminiscent of the "Appliance/Refrigerator Perry"!!! And I like it!!! Not a "good" day for Chase!!! Bears need to keep hammering the running game. Howard is doing fine.
    An historic weekend. All the North teams lost and coach M fired after 13 years! YIKES why no let him finish the season out of respect for 13 seasons and the good he has done?. SSHEESH imo!! Back to Da Bears no shame in losing to the Giants and a HOF QB. NY has lots of good players and Bears were playing with their # 2 QB and at that the game went Into OT. The Vikings were out classed by the Pats, Detroit got smoked by LA and the Pack looked flat and if Cosby hits that FG its a new game. The Bears seem the most logical North team to ascend to the next level. If they do anything is possible if not they wonít go far in the playoffs. A rested Trubisky will play against LA so an ideal time for the team to ascend.

    Iím sure coach M will land on his feet possibly in Cleveland very soon. Fired on Sunday hired on Monday.

  67. #267
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Ptown, Ill
    Posts
    2,913

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snobuilder View Post
    MIKE is gone. Pouty #12 drove the final nail today.
    snobuilder, I don't think this was the right, or fitting way to fire McCarthy. However, perhaps by doing it this way, it will work out the best for coach M. The Pack has to change, will it be for better, or for worse??? They are screwed up all over!!! The sure thing is, they can't blame McCarthy anymore now. I did not get to watch the game, so maybe I'm missing something, but doubt it.

  68. #268
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Out there
    Posts
    4,683

    Default

    4 headed monster in GB with Rodgers being the focal point. I doubt this will end good for anyone especially the fans while #12 finishes his career in GB.

  69. #269
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Ptown, Ill
    Posts
    2,913

    Default

    snobuilder, your "closer" to da Bears than the Queenees, eh???

  70. #270
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Out there
    Posts
    4,683

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by old abe View Post
    snobuilder, your "closer" to da Bears than the Queenees, eh???
    What are you talking about old lib?....you got 10% eth in your pot?

  71. #271
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Wis.
    Posts
    1,861

    Default

    Ohh your missing something alright. It’s called losing to Arizona at home in December in snow.
    It’s called under achieving for the past 3 years.
    It’s cslled being under .500 for two years in a row.
    He’s 7-15-1 in last 23 games.
    Just because he won a bunch of games but has completely lost his locker room and blown so many games in ways never imaginable they’re supposed to keep him on the payroll?

    What???,,, to not hurt his feelings?

    He’s not on the Supreme Court

    If you’ve watched packer games and watched this offense you’d fully realize it was time for a change, no matter the week.

    We scored 17 point against Arizona at home! It was snowing!
    Oklahoma university would score more points vs Arizona






    Quote Originally Posted by old abe View Post
    snobuilder, I don't think this was the right, or fitting way to fire McCarthy. However, perhaps by doing it this way, it will work out the best for coach M. The Pack has to change, will it be for better, or for worse??? They are screwed up all over!!! The sure thing is, they can't blame McCarthy anymore now. I did not get to watch the game, so maybe I'm missing something, but doubt it.
    Last edited by timo; 12-03-2018 at 12:12 AM.

  72. #272
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oxford, mich.
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Good for McCarthy!!! Now he does not have to put up with "Mr. I Can't Do Wrong"

  73. #273
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Lakeville, MN
    Posts
    2,097

    Default

    I find it completely hilarious you PACK fans are not happy with Rodgers. That just blows my mind. More than the POT thread.

  74. #274
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Hallock MN. 20 miles south of Canada - 10 miles east of ND.
    Posts
    2,120

    Default

    A lot of Pack starters are out. There are some teams that have capable backups. The Pack is not one of them. Years of crappy drafting and the resistance to bring in free agents have left them very thin. A new coach may have some new ideas and things might look different. But there is a lack of talent. The entire defense sucks. New D coach this season and defense isn't any better than last year. Rodgers isn't going anywhere. Nobody would want to take on that contract when there are signs of slippage this season. Plus he is getting older every day. That being said the Vikings coach Zimmer sucks too. He should have just stayed with being a D coach. Some very good Vikings players are wasting their best seasons just like Rodgers.

  75. #275
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Ptown, Ill
    Posts
    2,913

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snobuilder View Post
    What are you talking about old lib?....you got 10% eth in your pot?
    I was referring to distance/miles???? Old lib??? Hey, I don't ride a Poo??? And don't associate me with pot, as I have never even tried the stuff!!! Alcohol is a different story however??? Oh, I do own 2 Poo sleds, plus the ATV, and the Ranger also.

  76. #276
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    not far enough north
    Posts
    2,452

    Default

    Rodgers is not playing well this year and mccarthey paid the price. fair or not.

    Either way the roster needs help no matter who they get.

    Ohh the dysfunction in that organization is quite comical.

  77. #277
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Wis.
    Posts
    1,861

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by momoney2123 View Post
    Rodgers is not playing well this year and mccarthey paid the price. fair or not.

    Either way the roster needs help no matter who they get.

    Ohh the dysfunction in that organization is quite comical.
    It gets better,,,they just fired Winston Moss who has been a D coach since 2006.
    He posted something on twitter about leadership and holding "12 and everyone else in the building accountable".
    Fired 12 hours later.
    Personally no loss here, he's been a D coach on a horrible defensive team for a long time.

  78. #278
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Oglesby, IL
    Posts
    1,106

    Default

    "I would be surprised if the Bears lose to the Giants this week." Quote from your's truly AND I was surprised! Surprised that Daniels played so poorly and that Nagy coached a bad game. Those are the games that should separate your team from the rest and really make a charge at the playoffs. I think Daniels forgot how to catch a snap, throw a ball and what color his teams uniforms were. His final stats weren't terrible but I guess its back to career backup for him. Bears will bounce back.
    As for the rest of the underperforming NFC North...ouch. Vikes have a good chance of barely finishing above .500 this year and paying Cousins doesn't look like a franchise changing player...not that he was at Wash either.
    Pack...well the bet thing I can say about the Pack is that they WILL be a better team next year. Sometimes change is needed and is a good thing. Clean house and build for one more #12 SB run.
    Lions....they still play at Ford Field, guess that's a positive.

  79. #279
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Wis.
    Posts
    1,861

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by durphee View Post
    "I would be surprised if the Bears lose to the Giants this week." Quote from your's truly AND I was surprised! Surprised that Daniels played so poorly and that Nagy coached a bad game. Those are the games that should separate your team from the rest and really make a charge at the playoffs. I think Daniels forgot how to catch a snap, throw a ball and what color his teams uniforms were. His final stats weren't terrible but I guess its back to career backup for him. Bears will bounce back.
    As for the rest of the underperforming NFC North...ouch. Vikes have a good chance of barely finishing above .500 this year and paying Cousins doesn't look like a franchise changing player...not that he was at Wash either.
    Pack...well the bet thing I can say about the Pack is that they WILL be a better team next year. Sometimes change is needed and is a good thing. Clean house and build for one more #12 SB run.
    Lions....they still play at Ford Field, guess that's a positive.
    I wasn't the least surpised called it earlier in the week and picked the G Men in my pool.

    There is alot to be said about home field advantage. Just throw out the Packer game.

  80. #280
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Watertown WI
    Posts
    1,889

    Default

    Big test for da bears after a loss to the giants. Now we see how they respond, and how good they really are.
    Rams O will be tough for the bears D. Maybe some serious pressure on Goff will get him screwed up. But will also be big for Mitch and company (assuming he plays). Mitch has had a pretty good year. He will be under some hard pressure as well. Sounds like Talib will be back?

    The Pack has been a mess all year, well last 2 years. Im assuming they've hit rock bottom. IMO it will be interesting to see how well Rodgers plays the rest of the season.

    Ive had people say to me that Aaron Jones looks like the only Packer that actually has his head and heart into the games. I cant disagree. I doubt Philbin will be able to light a fire, he sure didnt in Miami.

  81. #281
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Oglesby, IL
    Posts
    1,106

    Default

    SRT20, thinking along the lines of how Rodgers responds I wonder if its even worth playing him much for the rest of the year. Just looking at the risk/reward factors doesn't really seem like a lot of reward for putting him on the field. There will be a new coach, new players, he' a seasoned veteran, etc.... much more risk with an injury. I don't think the Pack will do that but it would be something I would think about for the future of the Pack. Play all your other players and see what type of talent you actuall yhave on the bench.

  82. #282
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Watertown WI
    Posts
    1,889

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by durphee View Post
    SRT20, thinking along the lines of how Rodgers responds I wonder if its even worth playing him much for the rest of the year. Just looking at the risk/reward factors doesn't really seem like a lot of reward for putting him on the field. There will be a new coach, new players, he' a seasoned veteran, etc.... much more risk with an injury. I don't think the Pack will do that but it would be something I would think about for the future of the Pack. Play all your other players and see what type of talent you actuall yhave on the bench.
    If they are going to get the ship righted, it starts with him. He is the undeniable leader of the team. Preseason games are for backups. Yes, it is alot of risk vs reward for a team not making the playoffs. But thats part of life. He gets paid to do a job.

  83. #283
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Phelps, WI
    Posts
    9,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by durphee View Post
    SRT20, thinking along the lines of how Rodgers responds I wonder if its even worth playing him much for the rest of the year. Just looking at the risk/reward factors doesn't really seem like a lot of reward for putting him on the field. There will be a new coach, new players, he' a seasoned veteran, etc.... much more risk with an injury. I don't think the Pack will do that but it would be something I would think about for the future of the Pack. Play all your other players and see what type of talent you actuall yhave on the bench.
    If there is talent to develop yes now is the time to play. BUT the fans pay to see Rogers do his thing. If a blow out game it would be smart to pull Rogers no use risking a major injury in a pointless game. Give the fans what they came to see them call it a day.

  84. #284
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Wis.
    Posts
    1,861

    Default

    Da Bears getting 3 points at home vs a California team in what most likely will be cold windy conditions in prime time.
    Tough game for the Rams.
    Give me the points and the Bears 31-28.

  85. #285
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Phelps, WI
    Posts
    9,946

    Default

    I’m not feeling this game. The Rams are a year or 2 ahead of the Bears. Next year this will be the battle but not this year. Temperature won’t be a factor that’s just BS hype. Upper 20s lower 30s not worth talking about. Lol. If LA breaks out quickly it could be a blowout.

  86. #286
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Ptown, Ill
    Posts
    2,913

    Default

    I'm likewise whitedust. But perhaps, the Bears will want to show what they really CAN do??? I surely hope that's the case, but not sure what prime time, SNL, will do, maybe jinx the Bears??? The Pack has had some really bad calls in this first half??? Makes me wonder as it seems the officials are getting more, and more questionable as this season passes. I have always tried to give the Zebras the benefit of doubt, but not any more. Just too, too, many really bad calls this year. I'm fed up!!!!!!!!!! The officials can be better than this for sure, as this is not "Little League" football!!!

  87. #287
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Oglesby, IL
    Posts
    1,106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by timo View Post
    Da Bears getting 3 points at home vs a California team in what most likely will be cold windy conditions in prime time.
    Tough game for the Rams.
    Give me the points and the Bears 31-28.
    i took the Rams in this matchup covering the 3......only reason was thinking Trub would be a little rusty. It will be cold but Rams can also run the ball. Hoping for a strong Bears showing tonight.

  88. #288
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    not far enough north
    Posts
    2,452

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by durphee View Post
    i took the Rams in this matchup covering the 3......only reason was thinking Trub would be a little rusty. It will be cold but Rams can also run the ball. Hoping for a strong Bears showing tonight.
    Well he was rusty but no worries! Comon tho how do u wager against ur team! I took them and was double the fun!

  89. #289
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Ptown, Ill
    Posts
    2,913

    Default

    Go Bears!!! A win is a win!!! The defense is real, just ask Goff. Trub still getting there though. Ah, next year!!! And the Pack impressed me!!! Good job team Packers!!!

  90. #290
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Wis.
    Posts
    1,861

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by momoney2123 View Post
    Well he was rusty but no worries! Comon tho how do u wager against ur team! I took them and was double the fun!
    was it rust or just being inaccurate.
    he can make all the screen passes to WR's, roll out's to his right to WR's or dump offs to Cohen or Gabriel and pad his completion % but from what I've seen his accuracy down field isn't really accurate. that defense will keep you in games but eventually the Bears will be playing a playoff game on the road and at some point come playoffs he's going to have to be the reason they win, not lose.

    ive scored tix to the bears packers game, buddy and I taking train down to Solider ( is that what they still call it?) hooking up two other friends who live there.
    we'll be wearing our green and gold colors proudly,,, hopefully don't get our a$$'$ kicked.
    Last edited by timo; 12-10-2018 at 11:27 AM.

  91. #291
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Oglesby, IL
    Posts
    1,106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by momoney2123 View Post
    Well he was rusty but no worries! Comon tho how do u wager against ur team! I took them and was double the fun!
    Oh, momoney... If I woke up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet, I wouldn't be more surprised than I am now. If you told me that Mitch would go 16-30 for 130 yards with 3 INT's and a rating in the low 30's and the Bears won....that's my response. That defense was ridiculous last night and had the Rams warming up their plane home early. Kind of an odd game and not what i would have expected, especially since the over/under was 52. It was great to see what the O line did yesterday. Bears defense is the real deal but won't be able to do that every game. I think they said last night that 24 was the mark for the Bears, they have lost every game when the other team scored more than 24 and undefeated the other way. Definitely an exciting season and the Bears are a blast to watch.

    Pack looked good yesterday, of course the Falcons are a train wreck. But a win is a win. Pack offense, or shall I say Rodgers, will have their hands full this week against the Bears.

    Im rooting for the Vikes tonight but i wouldn't bet on em.

  92. #292
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Lakeville, MN
    Posts
    2,097

    Default

    A win is a win, and this is a big one for the Bears, no doubt. It was pretty obvious from the get go the Rams wanted nothing to do with playing in "cold" weather.

    But that Bears D is damn good no matter the Rams determination......

  93. #293
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin Rapids
    Posts
    349

    Default

    This quote hasn't aged well. Who would've thought?

    Quote Originally Posted by timo View Post
    i don't think even the Bears D would of kept either one of them teams last night under 35.
    The speed and skill set of them two teams is clearly head and shoulders about everyone else. The only other team that could of kept up is the Saints.
    Cheifs are coming out of the AFC i'll take them at home over the Steelers.
    Saints over Rams cuzz they'll have home field.
    It'll be an arena like SB.

  94. #294
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Wis.
    Posts
    1,861

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snowshoe View Post
    This quote hasn't aged well. Who would've thought?
    I would of thought,,, called Bears winning this game in an earlier post, just got score wrong. Defense is swarming.
    Everytime Goff stepped back thought it was going back pick 6.
    California team in Chicago on Sunday night just didn't see rams winning.


    Still gonna stick with Cheifs and Saints.
    Both these teams look to have home field thru out and these venues are big home field advantage.

  95. #295
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Hallock MN. 20 miles south of Canada - 10 miles east of ND.
    Posts
    2,120

    Default

    What do you suppose the over under points would be in a Chiefs Saints SB? Play of the decade yesterday Miami over NE. Sweet watching Gronk trying to play defense. Belichick screwed up putting out the Hail Mary defense.

  96. #296
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Spooner, WI
    Posts
    4,473

    Default

    That was the worst quarterbacking by both qb's in the same game that I have seen all year. Goff looked terrible!

  97. #297
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Ptown, Ill
    Posts
    2,913

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mspease View Post
    That was the worst quarterbacking by both qb's in the same game that I have seen all year. Goff looked terrible!
    I agree mspease, but only somewhat. Trubinski yes, he wasn't on his game. But Goff didn't like the damp, cold air, and he'd watched the films. He knew he was "raw red meat" to the Bear defense to go off on, and show their stuff imo.

  98. #298
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Out there
    Posts
    4,683

    Default

    pack defense rises up and rodgers does his bear dream buster performance ....Pack by 12.

  99. #299
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Northern IL
    Posts
    118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by old abe View Post
    I agree mspease, but only somewhat. Trubinski yes, he wasn't on his game. But Goff didn't like the damp, cold air, and he'd watched the films. He knew he was "raw red meat" to the Bear defense to go off on, and show their stuff imo.
    It's Trubisky not Trubinski. No "N".
    Even TV announcers calling him Trubinsky.Just my rant..lol

  100. #300
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Ptown, Ill
    Posts
    2,913

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fishcrib View Post
    It's Trubisky not Trubinski. No "N".
    Even TV announcers calling him Trubinsky.Just my rant..lol
    My bad, your right on!!! Can't seem to get away from the nski??? I will get it!!! And, I hope the Bear/Packer game will be a good one for sure. However, the Bear defense will prevail!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

» John Dee

» December 2019

S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31 1234

» Stats

Members: 20,184
Threads: 27,729
Posts: 328,195

» Online Users: 438

13 members and 425 guests
Most users ever online was 2,946, 07-12-2019 at 02:11 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

roam (40)
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0