Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 2018/2019 bears

yah Mo?
    How'd that work out for you last year?

Quote Originally Posted by momoney2123 View Post
    For the kicker to be their biggest leak is a good sign of things to come. Go bears.

Bears 2-14 with both wins over the Pack would be all that matters.
    Pack lives rent free in minds south of the border....LOL

Quote Originally Posted by timo View Post
    yah Mo?
    How'd that work out for you last year?
    Oh man. Ouch.

Bears better win now cuzz they ain't rebuilding with one 2nd round pick in the next 3 years.
    It's all on Michelle's shoulders.
    UH-HUH,...Yep,....You nailed it.

Quote Originally Posted by snobuilder View Post
    UH-HUH,...Yep,....You nailed it.
    if only I could predict the lotto #'s.

The chase danials led bears had a week off to watch the pack and qweens win.

The chase danials led bears had a week off to watch the pack and qweens win.
    Perhaps they picked up on something, eh?

Those Poor Bears

Well , between Aaron Rodgers and da Queens the rest of the season

Bad News Bears! Whoa, what a mess! FUBAR for sure!

Pressure is off the Bears are not playoff contenders lots of weakness including kicking. A regression year for sure so they can work a trade anytime this year or next for a decent QB. Trubisky could have won this game easily but another uncatchable ball WR running free then next play a pick that cost them 6 and the lead. Difference in this game was Rivers and score could have been much higher but suffered dropped balls and receivers falling down multiple times. Bear management has to admit Trubisky is a failure and move on only way to improve and not stuck in a long term contract. Oh well last year was fun but lots of work to do going forward.

Not even sure where to go with this one. Bears are just that team that get out of its own way. I recommend listening to Nagy's postgame chat, he is lost, confused and just sounds like an idiot....which he slef proclaimed he is not. He can't coach his team out of a wet paper bag this year. it all worked last year but teams have caught up and now Nagy has been exposed. The Bears are the BIGGEST, by far, disappointments in the NFL to this point. One TD yesterday....one TD. There were ranked 30th in offense and not moving up anytime soon.
    Even though KC was banged up the Pack went in the did what they had to do for the W....that's what good teams do. Rodgers is putting together another highlight reel. KC's Moore played very well for the spot he was put in. Pack are sitting very nice at this point in the season.

KC & Moore did give GB all they needed. KC has a great offensive scheme & that WR core of KC is FAST & GB defense was obviously not built to cover that.

classless move by Nagy to be a salty and turn around the narrative of the question by the reporter when Nagy was fielding questions after the game.

Said he never ever thought about trying to get a few extra yards to make the FG easier. Was never a consideration.
    Yah Matt because you don't play in the windy city, or your kicker didn't miss a 33 yarder earlier in the day.
    Coaching scared ain't ever won anyone anything coach Nagy.

With him and Trubisky running the Bears we as Packer fans should rejoice.

I think I will refrain from watching the Bears play and the "News" if that's what you call it. I'm pretty sure by doing those 2 items, my happiness should spike up a notch or two, stress go down some. Probably add a few years to my life;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Sledhead! View Post
    I think I will refrain from watching the Bears play and the "News" if that's what you call it. I'm pretty sure by doing those 2 items, my happiness should spike up a notch or two, stress go down some. Probably add a few years to my life;-)
    Excellent idea! X2

The only game that really interests me this week is the Vikes vs Chiefs. With Mahomes listed as doubtful this is a great opportunity for the Vikes to get a W. I don't expect KC to be able to move the ball like last week with their backup. KC is still a tough place to play. I took a tour of Arrowhead last year, very loud stadium.

Pack should beat the Chargers but you there's no gimmies in the NFL.

As far as the Bears, the Eagles do not have a good secondary at this point but I don't expect Mr. Trubinsky to light them up. A win for the Bears would be great but it would be too little to late.

My picks: Vikes a 2 point favorite at KC... I'll take the Vikes
    Pack a 3.5 favorite at Chargers...ill take the Pack
    Philly a 5 favorite vs Bears...Ill take the Bears to cover the spread but lose.

Da Bears

Da Pack

Da Lions

Da Vikings

Da Lose All

Tough Week

Well the NFC North really flopped yesterday!

Pack....i guess they forgot they had a game yesterday. Totally overwhelmed but they have set themselves up nicely and allowed the rest of the NFC North to piss all over themselves as usual.
    Vikes....sorry Vikes, once again you have to win a big game at some point, especially against a backup QB.
    Lions.....I have nothing
    Bears.....biggest disappointment in the NFL. Total trainwreck....remember a short 8 weeks ago the Bears were talking SB or bust season. Now its just full of Nagy lies, his over confidence at the poduim which has shown us what type of arse he can be (just win a game Nagy and shut up) and the enormous error in drafting Mitch... and where in the heck is momoney right now??? The defense looks defeated and uninterested at times but still holding opponents to within winnable games. The offense is unwatchable. Anyone need a good holiday gift, Bears tickets are cheap and easy to find right now!

And ya'all thought Jay Cutler was your problem.
    John Fox's offense looks prolific compared to this train wreck.
    Guy on NFL Network said Bears averaged 16 INCHES a play in first half.
    I would love to know what the Bears brass saw in Trubisky they didn't see in Watson.
    Watson passed for 900 yards in 2 national championship games vs Alabama.
    Trubiky played 17 games at North Carolina
    LOL<<<<<

I kinda saw this Packer game coming for some reason. They stunk. Chargers aren't better than them ,,,,, just one of those games. One of them games you just throw away. Happens to all teams.
    Still set up nicely in NFC.

Timo....that's the big question, what did the brass (Pace) see in Trub to move up a draft spot to pick. Problem is that if the Bears decide to move on from Trub then Pace will, most likely, be the guy to pick the next QB....not good! Pace has a good track record for selecting defense, not so much for offense.
    And in Nagy's offense you have to have a good QB or else it doesn't work and Nagy has proven he will not adapt to a running offense. Its a bad vicious cycle. They are stuck in football ****!

The Chargers did what every team wants to do against Green Bay

Four on the defensive line , don’t blitz , and drop everyone back against the running backs and wide receivers

And the Chargers had three Defensive starters out

Damn good Defense

On the flip side

Everyone was raving about the Packers Defense after game one against the Bears

If that Defense isn’t getting turnovers , a few sacks , they are average at best , below average

And then go against any decent Quarterback like Rivers , **** Stafford was up and down the field all day , but couldn’t put it in the end one

Man , they better hope they don’t ever see Drew Brees this year or next

Quote Originally Posted by bee1971 View Post
    The Chargers did what every team wants to do against Green Bay

Four on the defensive line , don’t blitz , and drop everyone back against the running backs and wide receivers

And the Chargers had three Defensive starters out

Damn good Defense

On the flip side

Everyone was raving about the Packers Defense after game one against the Bears

If that Defense isn’t getting turnovers , a few sacks , they are average at best , below average

And then go against any decent Quarterback like Rivers , **** Stafford was up and down the field all day , but couldn’t put it in the end one

Man , they better hope they don’t ever see Drew Brees this year or next
    Not sure I heard 'raving"....LOL
    Last edited by snobuilder; 11-07-2019 at 12:16 AM.

Yeah, well, boo hoo to the Bears. But I think perhaps the Pack thought the Chargers were going to be a easy over? Just didn't work out that way!

Quote Originally Posted by old abe View Post
    Yeah, well, boo hoo to the Bears. But I think perhaps the Pack thought the Chargers were going to be a easy over? Just didn't work out that way!
    are my Packers "figured out"?....LOL, we'll see how Lafleur adjusts against the Carolinas

Vikes and Cousins have a chance to make themselves legit this week.....let’s see which QB and team shows up!

are my Packers "figured out"?....LOL, we'll see how Lafleur adjusts against the Carolinas
    I didn't say they couldn't adjust, and beat Carolina. I think they will, and beat them. I just feel the Pack was a little over confident going up against the Chargers. I think the Pack has a chance to go all the way this year. They will have to be at their best to do so.

I can hear the chants from the bars in Detroit ......Driskel, Driskel, Driskel!

Quote Originally Posted by durphee View Post
    Vikes and Cousins have a chance to make themselves legit this week.....let’s see which QB and team shows up!
    They are legit. Nice win on the road. They stopped Elliott but could not stop the passing game. I didn't realize the Cowboys had the #1 offense in the league. Their offensive coordinator looks like a senior in high school. How old is he? He has to be the youngest coordinator in the league. Man is Delvyn Cook awesome! Best all around back in the league right now IMO. The defense is going to have to get better defending the pass if they hope to do much in the playoffs, assuming they make them. You never know with the Vikes. Good weekend for a Minnesota football fan, the Gophers look for real! I love their coach.

Quote Originally Posted by mspease View Post
    They are legit. Nice win on the road. They stopped Elliott but could not stop the passing game. I didn't realize the Cowboys had the #1 offense in the league. Their offensive coordinator looks like a senior in high school. How old is he? He has to be the youngest coordinator in the league. Man is Delvyn Cook awesome! Best all around back in the league right now IMO. The defense is going to have to get better defending the pass if they hope to do much in the playoffs, assuming they make them. You never know with the Vikes. Good weekend for a Minnesota football fan, the Gophers look for real! I love their coach.
    Agree with all mspease!

Mspease....that’s the victory that the Vikes and Cousins needed, might just get them over the hump. It was a heck of a game, especially after the pillow fight between Lions and Bears. They have Seahawks in Seattle and Pack in Minnesota left, rest of their schedule is very winnable. Pack still control their destiny and looking pretty good.
    As far as the Gophers, congrats on a great win! I am an Illini alumni and fan and we have been in football **** for way too long, looks like the Illini will get a bowl game this year (like a December 19th game ) which is a huge success for that program.

My prediction..... In this Bears thread.

Mitch T will be a respectable QB for years to come....with the bears or another team.

He is getting in tune with everything that it takes.

My prediction..... In this Bears thread.

Mitch T will be a respectable QB for years to come....with the bears or another team.

He is getting in tune with everything that it takes.
    Trouble with Mitch when he’s cold he’s ice cold can’t get anything going run or pass. Then suddenly he gets in a rhythm hits his targets puts up points then goes cold again. The Bear defense can keep them in a game to a point but not endless 3 and outs. Bears not making playoffs this year it’s the Vikings and Packs year.

whitedust I still say the overall team play, offense, defense, the whole team play rests with the coaching?

whitedust I still say the overall team play, offense, defense, the whole team play rests with the coaching?
    Coaching is important but wen you see Rogers, Wilson , Prescott and others lay the ball on receivers on the run it just makes Mitch look horrible when he overthrows open receivers on the run with nothing but grass to the end zone. Good QBs make a coach look good greases all the wheels O and D.

Bears vs Rams is going to be a good matchup for all the wrong reasons! At the beginning of the season this was to be a playoff preview, now its a must win for both teams just to make the playoffs. Both teams are playing very similar this year... and that's poorly. Jared Goff, if he continues to play as he is, is turning into a payday bust.....110 million guaranteed ! Lots of injuries on the Rams side and the Bears actually have a descent chance at pulling one out. Its very possible both teams do not make the playoffs. Vikes at home should take care of business, Pack on bye week.

Rams vs Bears...spread is 6.5 for Rams...ill take the Rams to win and cover the spread.
    Vikes vs Denver...spread is 10.5...ill take the Vikes to win and cover the spread.
    Detroit vs Dallas..... spread is 4.5.....i am picking dallas to win and cover the spread.

I agree with you except Bears / Rams pick.

I don't think either team will score more than 10 points so covering 6.5 is difficult.
    Looks like a 10-6 ball game to me.

Bears vs Rams is going to be a good matchup for all the wrong reasons! At the beginning of the season this was to be a playoff preview, now its a must win for both teams just to make the playoffs. Both teams are playing very similar this year... and that's poorly. Jared Goff, if he continues to play as he is, is turning into a payday bust.....110 million guaranteed ! Lots of injuries on the Rams side and the Bears actually have a descent chance at pulling one out. Its very possible both teams do not make the playoffs. Vikes at home should take care of business, Pack on bye week.

Rams vs Bears...spread is 6.5 for Rams...ill take the Rams to win and cover the spread.
    Vikes vs Denver...spread is 10.5...ill take the Vikes to win and cover the spread.
    Detroit vs Dallas..... spread is 4.5.....i am picking dallas to win and cover the spread.

Anyone that quit watching the Vikings/Broncos game at halftime missed one of the most exciting second halves I have seen in a while! Wow, unreal comeback. The Vikes sure did lay an egg in the first half and looked like they were ready to head out on their bye week. They looked like a high school team at best in first half and they could have quit but showed a lot in the second half. No excuse for that first half though. Can't do that in this league.

Will bee interesting rest of season - Packers / Vikes

Da Bears are on National TV

Yikes

Wide left

Wide right

Aim for the middle

Anyone that quit watching the Vikings/Broncos game at halftime missed one of the most exciting second halves I have seen in a while! Wow, unreal comeback. The Vikes sure did lay an egg in the first half and looked like they were ready to head out on their bye week. They looked like a high school team at best in first half and they could have quit but showed a lot in the second half. No excuse for that first half though. Can't do that in this league.
    WOW is right! For anyone who missed the stat, that's the first time in 100 games, that a team came back from a 20+ point deficit at half time.

actually Mo kicker is their third weakest link on the team behind QB, O line, and head coach.
    WR's ain't that good but kind of hard to tell if they're just a product of the QB, O line and head coach.

Quote Originally Posted by momoney2123 View Post
    For the kicker to be their biggest leak is a good sign of things to come. Go bears.

mspease....I almost made the ultimate mistake and was going to post how disappointed I was in the Vikes at halftime. Every time I get interested in the Vikes they lay an egg but yesterday was a crazy game, almost turned it off! Kudos to the Vikes for fighting through.

As for the Bears....what can you really say? Once you think it couldn't get any worse, guess what.....it gets worse. No direction, no leadership and some of Nagy's play calls are just head scratching. He is just not ready for head coaching at this point. Only question left is where do you go for next year, lots of issues and no easy answers. Welcome to football ****...again.

mspease....I almost made the ultimate mistake and was going to post how disappointed I was in the Vikes at halftime. Every time I get interested in the Vikes they lay an egg but yesterday was a crazy game, almost turned it off! Kudos to the Vikes for fighting through.

As for the Bears....what can you really say? Once you think it couldn't get any worse, guess what.....it gets worse. No direction, no leadership and some of Nagy's play calls are just head scratching. He is just not ready for head coaching at this point. Only question left is where do you go for next year, lots of issues and no easy answers. Welcome to football ****...again.
    I almost posted at half time too durphee. It was an absolutely horrible first half!! They were not ready to play, that's for sure. I would have loved to hear what the coaches said at halftime.

Hallock MN. 20 miles south of Canada - 10 miles east of ND.

actually Mo kicker is their third weakest link on the team behind QB, O line, and head coach.
    WR's ain't that good but kind of hard to tell if they're just a product of the QB, O line and head coach.
    Meanwhile, Mack is getting older. And the Raiders will probably end up with a top 7 pick. Who are the dummies now?

I almost posted at half time too durphee. It was an absolutely horrible first half!! They were not ready to play, that's for sure. I would have loved to hear what the coaches said at halftime.
    I 'heard' he said "Don't panic, we haven't played our game yet, let's go out and play the way we know we can in the second half and get this game."

I agree not much to say about the Bears and no easy fix at this time. I would think management will stick with Trubisky for this season then rent a veteran QB for next season lots of interesting older FAs could be available. Keep Trubisky as a back up or purge him I really don’t care either way as long as he’s not the starter. Kicker bring in competition see what happens. The draft is not going to be top picks just hope late rounders can play. Pressure is off the Bears back to rebuilding any way possible.

What the Bears really need is new ownership. It will be the same old same old until the McCaskey's are out of the picture. The only way to get rid of the McCaskey's is for the fans to not show up for the games.

huuuuge home field implications for Pack this Sunday.
    winner may have home field throughout.

GO PACK GO

I just saw the quarterback power rankings in the NFL. Mitch is rated 30 out of 32 and I hardly know who 31 and 32 are. Come on momoney2123, step up and make a comment. I wonder if Mitch is over his hip injury that caused him to sit out the last 3 minutes last week? wink, wink! LOL

Yeah, ranking 30 out of 32 and being drafted 2nd overall in your third year doesn’t sit very well. Not sure I trust Prescott enough to be ranked so high, season stats are important but when the games really matter I’ll pass on him.
    As for big game for Pack, yep I agree! As it sits now the pack and vikes would meet in the wild card weekend, a great matchup but I wouldn’t want to be either team meeting a divisional opponent for a third time.
    and I agree, momoney needs to chime in, it’s all in good fun!

I expected a much better game tonight! San Fran looks pretty darn good, especially that defense. I could see them making it all the way.

Anyone seen the Green Bay Packers ?

Are they still on their bye ?

Anyone

Nope, didn’t see em.....they were a no show tonight. Pretty disappointing especially coming off a bye. Well, at least they didn’t get beat by the Arena League Redskins today .

I expected a much better game tonight! San Fran looks pretty darn good, especially that defense. I could see them making it all the way.
    X2! That 9'er devastating defense reminded me of the Bears defense last year. As nothing got by them. Wake up call Pack? Patriots offense stale? They look to be vulnerable? However Bill and Brady always seem to get it together come playoff time.
    Last edited by old abe; 11-25-2019 at 08:31 AM.

49ers vs Ravens could be SB preview.

Quote Originally Posted by grub View Post
    49ers vs Ravens could be SB preview.
    pretty much.
    Pack don't have weapons to score vs this D.
    Saints maybe if they can get them in the dome.
    Vikings same camp as Packers it's a coin flip who is better.
    Seahwaks don't think have the offense or defense to beat niners.
    Cowboys don't have a coach that's capable of coaching pee wee.
    That sums of the NFC

Raven's D is vastly improving and their offense has yet to be stopped.
    Patriots just don't have the weapons to beat the Ravens I feel. They always find a way but this year it ends.
    KC can't stop anyone.
    Bills,,,nope
    That sums of the AFC

Seahwaks don't think have the offense or defense to beat niners.
    If I'm not mistaken, it was just a couple weeks ago, the Seahawks beat the 49ers IN SF.

The Pats are missing Gronk. He is no longer there to bail them out when the going gets tough. Even if they get the no1 seed they will get beat by the Ravens. They might not be able to keep up to KC either. Their big window is finally coming to an end.
    The Pack is unlikely to get home field which is huge for them. The Vikes cannot play on natural turf away from home. The Saints seem too up and down. Philly is all beat up but if they get healthy in time for the playoffs they do have a good 'D'. Even if Dallas had some coaches they still don't have the pieces that Seattle and the 49ers have.
    At this point it is between the 49ers and Seattle. Things could change.
    Whoever wins the NFC will probably get the Ravens. Belichick had no answer for them. I doubt anybody else will either.

Well hoe hum, the Bears had a terrible first half, however I liked the second half play. The Lions quarterback looks to be good! Will the Bears play spoiler? I don't have the stats to go by, but in recent playoff years, it seems the Pack has better results on the road? Super Bowl season, eh? In hopes perhaps snobuilder can add to this?

Well hoe hum, the Bears had a terrible first half, however I liked the second half play. The Lions quarterback looks to be good! Will the Bears play spoiler? I don't have the stats to go by, but in recent playoff years, it seems the Pack has better results on the road? Super Bowl season, eh? In hopes perhaps snobuilder can add to this?
    I agree Abe Lions 3rd stringer looked pretty darn good! BUT sometimes a new QB starter looks impressive but now defensive coaches know what they are dealing with and will pick up little things we would never notice and will defend appropriately. Time will tell quickly in about 3 additional games. Hopefully he’s the real deal. True the Bears are spoilers now probably and 8 and 8 team this season their schedule is a killer. I’m over the disappointment just looking for a few young players that can improve like Montgomery, Wims and Miller. Might as well play the rookies see who belongs in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by whitedust View Post
    I agree Abe Lions 3rd stringer looked pretty darn good! BUT sometimes a new QB starter looks impressive but now defensive coaches know what they are dealing with and will pick up little things we would never notice and will defend appropriately. Time will tell quickly in about 3 additional games. Hopefully he’s the real deal. True the Bears are spoilers now probably and 8 and 8 team this season their schedule is a killer. I’m over the disappointment just looking for a few young players that can improve like Montgomery, Wims and Miller. Might as well play the rookies see who belongs in the NFL.
    I agree with all that whitedust. I have not gave up on the Bears, or Trubisky. He has all the talent to succeed. And very well. Nagy is wasting him. He needs to get him a GOOD quarterback coach! I grew up in a unique environment, as we were both Bears, and Pack fans! Still are! I am just in total wonder how the Bears went from what they were last years, to total despair this year. I was one who thought the Bears were in only need to pick up a few pieces to complete the plan to be a formidable team for some years. So I wait. However, I put the most all of the blame on the coaching staff for this years demise! Woe is me? LMAO! It is the NFCN!

Their seems to be a big gap between this year's elite and the just OK Pack this season....or maybe the west coast got some voodoo on my team...lol.
    Mitch looked like he gained another cylinder back on Thursday.....Watch out if he starts hitting on all 8 and your defense gets inspired as well.

Their seems to be a big gap between this year's elite and the just OK Pack this season....or maybe the west coast got some voodoo on my team...lol.
    Mitch looked like he gained another cylinder back on Thursday.....Watch out if he starts hitting on all 8 and your defense gets inspired as well.
    Quit trying to bait me snobuiler! The Pack ran into one of the elite teams last week. We'll see how the 9'rs do today. That 9'rs/Raven game is going to tell the tale!

Pack will need to have HFA to stand a chance in the playoffs.
    3-1 at as minimum the rest of the way.
    Maybe 3 of our last 4 games will be against teams that have given up and will play non starters, but I doubt it.

49ers and Ravens seem to be the cream of the crop for AFC and NFC BUT the playoffs are the start of a new season just have to see what team stays healthy and gets hot. I don’t see any team in the North advancing very far time will tell.

Agree with all snobuilder, whitedust. I dearly love to watch Rodgers! Remember the hard way they went on to win the SB! We could be witnessing the beginning of the final demise of Brady/Belichick NFL dynasty? But don't count on it being over just yet. Too many have counted these 2 out before, only for them to somehow wrangle their way through the playoffs, and beyond. They have their work cut out for them the way it appears now. Mahomes/Chiefs can get hot on the winning way also. The Saints will also be a force leading to the SB. But it's the NFL, just enjoy! That Raven/9'rs game did not disappoint!

a positive on the Packers is coach and 12 seem to have a bond? ...
    Positive inspiration for the whole team can go a long way.

The Packers are not going anywhere. It took three quarters to beat the Giants. The Giants are horrible.

The Packers are not going anywhere. It took three quarters to beat the Giants. The Giants are horrible.
    How is your team doing?

My team is the Cowboys. They also suck but at least I will admit it.

U might be the farthermost living north Cowboys fan in the lower 48 in America.

a positive on the Packers is coach and 12 seem to have a bond? ...
    Positive inspiration for the whole team can go a long way.
    X2!

they suck 2x more than the Pack who suck at 9-3 sucking 25% of the time while the boyz suck 50% of the time at 6-6. did you even look at your teams record before you started spouting off?

nobody likes the cowboys or jerry.
    Last edited by snobuilder; 12-03-2019 at 09:39 PM.

No arguments there. Suck is the operative word. However the , Cowboys and the Pats are the most viewed teams. It is not the Pack. Sorry. There is no future for the Pack. They will continue to decline as Rodgers ages. Next season the bears and the Lions will have easy schedules and the Pack will not. The pack days are done. They wasted Rodgers.

One thing I do not like is the way playoffs are seeded. The Cowboys, most likely, will be hosting a team with possibly three more wins. They need to re seed the teams based on record, make each game even more important instead of giving a super, tragically, miserable conference like the NFC East champion a home playoff game. As it sits right now the Cowboys ( 6 wins) would be hosting the 49ers (10 wins). Doesn't make sense and doesn't encourage teams to be competitive late in the season.

No arguments there. Suck is the operative word. However the , Cowboys and the Pats are the most viewed teams. It is not the Pack. Sorry. There is no future for the Pack. They will continue to decline as Rodgers ages. Next season the bears and the Lions will have easy schedules and the Pack will not. The pack days are done. They wasted Rodgers.
    I think I heard that same chatter when Favre retired and went purple.

I agree with durphee on the seeding issue. I have also observed a much mellowed snobuilder? Congrats, and I hope it works good for him! He always kept the fire lit for sure!

Last edited by snobuilder; Today at 07:44 AM.

No harm intended snobuilder?