Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: F-Con

Cirrus_Driver Guest

Quote Originally Posted by old abe View Post
    Seems as Foxconns Louis Woo is who started the "renegotiation idea"? Appears a lot like their previous deals?

You somehow got your facts wrong, likely from some "fake news" cable channel, because Foxconn has publicly stated the idea of reopening the contract did not come from them.
    The "grey old man" governor wanted them to float that idea, but they refuted instead.

Quote Originally Posted by euphoric1 View Post
    renegade, AGREED! Im not against them coming here, do I hope they succeed? yes. The thing that irritates me is the fact that our county was supposed to be ground zero for large scale manufacturing and originally a large portion of jobs they are to be created. People lost their homes, land and farms with the anticipation that this is what was coming, infrastructure also was put in place anticipating such and we are on the line for that, not the state. Do I want it to work? yes but sure would be nice to be as initially promised. You are also right when either the blame game comes if it fails and the crown if it succeeds.
    this scope of project doesn't just pop up over night like a new strip mall. Give it time. apple ain't going anyhere and neither is Foxconn. I am happy to see them roll with the demand from consumers. The technology we keep warm in our pockets and hands is in a constant state of change from what I see.

No fake news here. No "cable channel crap".

Evers actually sounded rational in clip on the news tonight saying whether Foxconn produces 1000 or 100,000 jobs , it will be more than without them.
    Foxconn reiterated the 13,000 number today.

That would be good news in my view.

Anybody have any updates to this? Just read another article that it was tanking some more....I'd actually like to hear from someone who knows.

Thanks!

same poop, promises, promises

This sounds as the same scenario that played out in Penn? These things are just scary for one to put any confidence in what so ever.

people will be the first to say....if they don't follow through....they don't get tax incentives and I get that but the tax payer is on the line for the massive red carpet that has been rolled out so far, the infrastructure that has been put in place, the properties that were "taken" in the anticipation of what was coming by local government, not everyone was willing to or wanted to leave or have to move. So far they have fell way short of where they said they would be and what they would do so far but tax payers in this county continue to pay, last I had also heard the actual foot print they were going to occupy continues to change and we still aren't actually sure what they are going to manufacture here yet, I just hope if it doesn't pan out that there is some accountability.

Cirrus_Driver Guest

Whine, whine, whiney liberals.
    You want some stinky cheese, to go with that WHINE?

Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus_Driver View Post
    Whine, whine, whiney liberals.
    You want some stinky cheese, to go with that WHINE?
    **** yeah! I love cheese, make it limburger to go along with the stinky deal the state made

Whoa?

people will be the first to say....if they don't follow through....they don't get tax incentives and I get that but the tax payer is on the line for the massive red carpet that has been rolled out so far, the infrastructure that has been put in place, the properties that were "taken" in the anticipation of what was coming by local government, not everyone was willing to or wanted to leave or have to move. So far they have fell way short of where they said they would be and what they would do so far but tax payers in this county continue to pay, last I had also heard the actual foot print they were going to occupy continues to change and we still aren't actually sure what they are going to manufacture here yet, I just hope if it doesn't pan out that there is some accountability.

This is what Wisconsin gets for voting in a hippy liberal for gov. I won't go any further than that. There is no denying that though.

Hallock MN. 20 miles south of Canada - 10 miles east of ND.

I doubt if FoxCon is out to swindle anybody or make any political party look good or bad. They produce and sell cutting edge products and the target for new cutting edge products is a fast moving target. I don't think it is realistic to expect them to sink a ton of cash in to a facility that might be obsolete before it is completed. They are not stupid. Before they sink a ton of money in to any facility they sure going to make sure to give it the best chance for success. Too early to give up on the Wisconsin project. Give it some more time. Wisconsin did it right though and made most of the incentive money contingent on job creation. All the right ideas are in play. It just isn't happening right away. Americans are an impatient hurry up get it done right now whether it is right or wrong or whatever. Asians not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by grub View Post
    I doubt if FoxCon is out to swindle anybody or make any political party look good or bad. They produce and sell cutting edge products and the target for new cutting edge products is a fast moving target. I don't think it is realistic to expect them to sink a ton of cash in to a facility that might be obsolete before it is completed. They are not stupid. Before they sink a ton of money in to any facility they sure going to make sure to give it the best chance for success. Too early to give up on the Wisconsin project. Give it some more time. Wisconsin did it right though and made most of the incentive money contingent on job creation. All the right ideas are in play. It just isn't happening right away. Americans are an impatient hurry up get it done right now whether it is right or wrong or whatever. Asians not so much.
    Agree on all!

$250,000,000 in construction projects awarded to LOCAL companies so far
    BOOO, HISSS!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Real estate for satalite centers being purchased and developed throughout the state....

BOOO, HISSS!!!#sadlibby

I have read this entire thread. Here is the bottom line on all of this :

If your a liberal democrat you hate fox conn and want to go back to the horse and buggy days to save the planet. But yet will continue to ride your snowmobile. Hypocrisy ?

If your a conservative you are all for innovation and prosperity to give yourself and family a better life. End of discussion

Quote Originally Posted by lazer103 View Post
    I have read this entire thread. Here is the bottom line on all of this :

If your a liberal democrat you hate fox conn and want to go back to the horse and buggy days to save the planet. But yet will continue to ride your snowmobile, text while driving, and want the latest technology availible. Hypocrisy ?

If your a conservative you are all for innovation and prosperity to give yourself and family a better life. End of discussion
    added a bit.

original plan.... 27 million square foot manufacturing campus.....now.... 1 million square foot campus. 27 million square foot manufacturing campus to employ 13,000 jobs most of which were supposed to be good paying jobs, Now... 1 million square foot campus to employ maybe 1500. Hmmmmm The tax incentives were based on the original plan, this will be the second year that the truth has fallen way short of the promise and I for one am glad to see that the state is finally bucking up and withholding any further tax incentives/benefits until they come to the table and rewrite the contract, ITS ABOUT TIME!! meanwhile the county and local taxpayers continue to take it in the rear, one local municipality in to project for 1 billion dollars. And yes I agree look at the construction jobs that are and have been created, but these aren't long term and look at the construction jobs that could have been created if the promise was kept. Not saying I don't welcome the 1500 jobs that will be created but look at the money that has been spent by local government, supported by local tax payers. We still aren't even clear on what they will exactly be doing here yet. And again look at all the people who lost their homes their land, some who accepted it and some that didn't, to clear the way for this large scale manufacturing complex. I am just glad to see the state is finally growing a back bone and doing something about it, its too late for the local government and tax payers but I think there should be some accountability from a company that is known for its broken promises and commitment in our country.

Cirrus_Driver Guest

[QUOTE=euphoric1[/QUOTE]

Want some STINKY cheese, to go with all the WHINE?
    Last edited by Cirrus_Driver; 12-16-2019 at 11:13 AM.

This doesn't appear as anything good. However it does appear as past performances of this outfit. Very sad, but many worried as to this happening.

I'm not happy to hear that any tax incentives are being withheld because that means that Foxconn hasn't met their end of the bargain and the safeguards put in place by the Walker admin. are doing their job.
    Acting like the current Evers admin is doing anything special is a ludicrous idea at best.

Quote Originally Posted by snobuilder View Post
    I'm not happy to hear that any tax incentives are being withheld because that means that Foxconn hasn't met their end of the bargain and the safeguards put in place by the Walker admin. are doing their job.
    Acting like the current Evers admin is doing anything special is a ludicrous idea at best.
    I agree snobuilder, didn't mean it to sound as the Evers admin is doing something as no one else hasn't, i'm just glad to see the accountability and repercussions being followed and initiated as per contract.

At least they are being held to the conditions of the agreement! They have slipped though others in the past.

Hallock MN. 20 miles south of Canada - 10 miles east of ND.

Not Dems. Not repugs. It is the china men that cannot be trusted. Has been that way for three decades. They just take. Only thing going forward is that both of our parties now understand that. Good for Wisc that safeguards were put in place. Limit the damage.

From TMJ

"The $1,071,899 tax payment makes Foxconn the largest taxpayer in Mount Pleasant, the village said. Besides the tax payment, the village said it also received $7,325,050 as Foxconn’s first payment of special assessments to cover the cost of land acquisition in the project area."

From TMJ

"The $1,071,899 tax payment makes Foxconn the largest taxpayer in Mount Pleasant, the village said. Besides the tax payment, the village said it also received $7,325,050 as Foxconn’s first payment of special assessments to cover the cost of land acquisition in the project area."
    boy was I seriously mistaken, how could I have been so blind?

Good news!

boy was I seriously mistaken, how could I have been so blind?
    actually not really lets see.... when you occupy land you have to pay taxes like everyone else does and when you occupy a lot of land you pay a lot of taxes...and when you aquire or purchase land you have to pay for it as well....still way short of promises, but that means no money from the state, paying taxes and paying for land you occupy doesn't mean the state should start shelling out anything.

actually not really lets see.... when you occupy land you have to pay taxes like everyone else does and when you occupy a lot of land you pay a lot of taxes...and when you aquire or purchase land you have to pay for it as well....still way short of promises, but that means no money from the state, paying taxes and paying for land you occupy doesn't mean the state should start shelling out anything.
    My post said nothing about "shelling out" anything. But the state better hold up it's end of the bargain as worded when signed. Your boy Evers will make or break our economy.

At least you admit that Foxconn added value to the Mt. Pleasant tax base.....a bit more than that property generated before Foxconn.

My post said nothing about "shelling out" anything. But the state better hold up it's end of the bargain as worded when signed. Your boy Evers will make or break our economy.

At least you admit that Foxconn added value to the Mt. Pleasant tax base.....a bit more than that property generated before Foxconn.
    snobuilder, response wasn't a dig against your post so please don't take it that way, I agree yes a tax benefit to the village but no more a benefit than if anyone other manufacturing company had moved there, everybody pays property taxes and has to repay the loan for properties or whatever, and yes more tax generation for the village than if it had been left farmland or residential dwellings but was still undeniable dirty for some how it all went down. It has been what almost 3 years now since ground broken for project which so far has been based upon broken promises and yes I HOPE the state continues to hold its ground for tax incentives and money based on promises that have yet to even be close to being fulfilled.

snobuilder, response wasn't a dig against your post so please don't take it that way, I agree yes a tax benefit to the village but no more a benefit than if anyone other manufacturing company had moved there, everybody pays property taxes and has to repay the loan for properties or whatever, and yes more tax generation for the village than if it had been left farmland or residential dwellings but was still undeniable dirty for some how it all went down. It has been what almost 3 years now since ground broken for project which so far has been based upon broken promises and yes I HOPE the state continues to hold its ground for tax incentives and money based on promises that have yet to even be close to being fulfilled.
    All true!

Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    Remember Motorola in Harvard, IL. Paved over 300 acres of farm land to build cell phones of all things. Built and opened with great fanfare and thought to be a big win for the area. Now there is 1.5 million square feet of unused space. Motorola only lasted 7 years before they folded up and eventually sold off the space to the Chinese who are no longer paying property taxes.

Lets hope that Foxcon lasts longer and does not leave their own little ghost town in the region.

They never even had full occupancy in that building after they built it. It's a shame how much farmland they wasted there..

- - - Updated - - -

I can imagine....I live on the east end of Walworth Co. and there is a continuous looping caravan of dump trucks hauling gravel from way out here.

The drivers are all smiling, going ..."cha-ching,....cha-ching!!!!
    No "cha-ching" there. As predicted they're hauling (overloaded) by the ton for rates that they've beat down to nothing...

Throwing bs card on the over loaded dump trucks. Way to many DOT to allow that and would be easy picking hauling same route everyday. If the rates are low trucking companies fault. But I doubt that too.

Quote Originally Posted by renegade View Post
    throwing bs card on the over loaded dump trucks. Way to many dot to allow that and would be easy picking hauling same route everyday. If the rates are low trucking companies fault. But i doubt that too.
    x2 !

LOL, you guys don't drive quad axles in this area do you?

Quote Originally Posted by EXCESSIVE FORCE View Post
    No "cha-ching" there. As predicted they're hauling (overloaded) by the ton for rates that they've beat down to nothing...
    Agreed. Not to mention hoarding the traffic bond gravel within a 50 mile radius for months, screwing my, and any one else in the area that relies on it for their lively hoods.
    Last edited by scoot; 02-19-2020 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scoot View Post
    LOL, you guys don't drive quad axles in this area do you?

Agreed. Not to mention hording the traffic bond gravel within a 75 mile radius for months, screwing my, and any one else in the area that relies on it for their lively hoods.
    I was going to say the same thing scoot - hauling tonnage sucks...

Quote Originally Posted by maddogg View Post
    I was going to say the same thing scoot - hauling tonnage sucks...
    Agree, X2! Seen this over, and over again on these type project/deals! Some cut throats, and some getting screwed hard.

It's the old Wal-Mart business model. They'll buy your product from you at a loss, Largest market stores there are, or they don't sell your product in the store and you don't sell any product. Drive down cost but force people to do the work.

I'm from WI so I have a question on the Motorola building. One of the posts says they don't pay taxes and it's empty. Do you mean like extra tax on stuff or property tax? How can they get away with it? How does WI force F-Conn to open and have jobs if they don't really have to other then if they do they get tax breaks? Why not just not do it?

Not sure what tax breaks Motorola initially received on the property and their proposed manufacturing, I doubt they returned any of it when they shuttered the campus. Certainly the surrounding communities never really profited from the ancillary revenue from the jobs and spending.

The current owner, Xiao Hua Gong, is at issue, sounds like he is more than a little shady and was arrested in Canada for fraud and money-laundering. He had not paid property taxes from 2016-2018 when he was just about to have the property taken from him, I guess he did pay but has subsequently defaulted again on $570m. But now the Canadian courts can lay claim to his properties so the county could be out of luck. Of course these shenanigans are not the fault of Motorola, just a result of the vacant land and failed business plan for manufacturing.

BTW, there will be 2.4m square feet of office space coming available in Hoffman Estates when Sears closes up shop.

Harvard IL wasn't much to begin with.