Default 10 weeks in da yoop!!!

here we go..

be UP from xmas on till march 15th..

dont think ill ride much after feb end..but ill be there..

let me know whats UP and who wants to ride and hang...

wide open after durphee early jan...

come on UP to MASS and lets roll..

f u k i n A

PD

Wow, you will be UP there almost 3 months, sweet!! I will be up a few times and you know the dates, hope to run into you! March can be some of the best riding up there.

Hey PD, just got back to civilization last night and still recouping!! I'll give you a call in the next couple days. I'd like to make it UP to see the FL bud so I'll get those dates from you and see what I can do. The rest of the time I'll have to wing but maybe I can make an addition run UP. Hoping to get UP early December before the holidays to scratch the itch at least once too. Good start in the weather department but I know there is a long way to go for lakes, swamps and mud holes so hopefully we don't get too hammered right away. Talk to you later.....

Harski

Quote Originally Posted by harski View Post
    Hey PD, just got back to civilization last night and still recouping!! I'll give you a call in the next couple days. I'd like to make it UP to see the FL bud so I'll get those dates from you and see what I can do. The rest of the time I'll have to wing but maybe I can make an addition run UP. Hoping to get UP early December before the holidays to scratch the itch at least once too. Good start in the weather department but I know there is a long way to go for lakes, swamps and mud holes so hopefully we don't get too hammered right away. Talk to you later.....

Harski
    was taking to andy throughout the bears thrashing of the queens..(hahahahaha..sorry)..but its superbowl and the week after..so plan it UP..let us kno

pd

My usual......January 2 through the 7th. Looking forward to riding and watching Wild Card Weekend!

I'll just miss you Durphee, I'm up 12/26-12/30 and then 02/12-17

I’ll be UP - Jan 2-6 with a buddy. We are staying in Mass City at the Adventure Motel & Cafe. Always looking for someone to ride with!

statictang.....we will literally be right around the corner from ya, well of course about everything is around the corner in Mass. Keep us posted and we can ride together.

Quote Originally Posted by durphee View Post
    statictang.....we will literally be right around the corner from ya, well of course about everything is around the corner in Mass. Keep us posted and we can ride together.
    Sounds good! Look forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by staticstang View Post
    Sounds good! Look forward to it.
    yea we will be there..are u on trail or off..we will be on trail..we like to ride and stop occasionaly..so if thats ok with u..let us know..but football sat and sun..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sledhead! View Post
    I'll just miss you Durphee, I'm up 12/26-12/30 and then 02/12-17
    hey let me know on that first week..i should be UP there already and maybe we can hook UP for a one dayer..are u staying on goeibic?

ill pickup the sleds on the 26th..so maybe friday the 28th?

Yep, staying at the Lodge on Gogebic for that first trip. I got your cell now so keep in touch

Yep, staying at the Lodge on Gogebic for that first trip. I got your cell now so keep in touch
    Please give us the "thumbs up or down" report from the area as they have been getting bashed on trail conditions for 3 years now.

Bear

Quote Originally Posted by POLARISDAN View Post
    yea we will be there..are u on trail or off..we will be on trail..we like to ride and stop occasionaly..so if thats ok with u..let us know..but football sat and sun..

- - - Updated - - -

I typically ride trails, but have been wanting to off trail a little bit while UP there. My buddy that’s going has been off trail riding for like 7 years, although he isn’t familiar with western UP off trail, but has been trail riding on the west side. We plan on mainly trail riding while we are UP there with the occasional off trail ride.

We don’t mind stopping some, it’s always fun to grab a bite to eat, get fuel, enjoy the outdoors, etc.

Can’t wait to get out and ride!
    Last edited by staticstang; 12-04-2018 at 06:30 PM.

Bear,

I have been riding out of Gogebic for 6 years. I typically don't ride the trails around the lake, I ride the lake to get to the top, or bottom and start our loops from there. Most all of our loops start at the North end of the lake as we always eat breakfast at Antonio's and gas up across the street. If I do travel on the trails on either side of the lake I will let you know.

Sledhead, I really like the Gogebic Lodge...always a fun place to stay at and the bar area can be great! And I totally agree with your riding idea, hit the lake and skip the trials on the side of Gogebic. I really like the Gogebic area but tend to avoid it due to the reasons already stated.

just spent a week UP there..not riding..got a new foot and a half of snow on top of a decent start..grooming should be starting or close..sleds..not a ton..but definitely riders..slimcake grabbed his sled from kip and put on at least 100..

some changes jud..i prob cant get UP there till the 29th..will pickup the sleds on the 31st.getting ready for durphee then my kids..so we will shoot for your feb dates..

but if temps hold..we got a great start..

PD, bummer about your late start, but at the rate the weather is looking, might not be riding at all. Perhaps come down for a beverage or two, I think we're heading back South on the 31st but be there 27-31. Sorry I'll miss Durphee, maybe I can break away again while he's up there.

Feb dates are locked, Feb 12-17

Need to do some snow dances!!!!

PD, bummer about your late start, but at the rate the weather is looking, might not be riding at all. Perhaps come down for a beverage or two, I think we're heading back South on the 31st but be there 27-31. Sorry I'll miss Durphee, maybe I can break away again while he's up there.

Feb dates are locked, Feb 12-17

Need to do some snow dances!!!!
    Being the busiest week of the year, maybe the trail moguls won't be so large with the low snow conditions?

Bear

there it is durph...12-24..yellow baby..just in time..

fuji got any dates yet?

here we go..

f u k i n A

PD
    Yo, Dan
    Did you make it up there yesterday?

Frank

Quote Originally Posted by 1fujifilm View Post
    Yo, Dan
    Did you make it up there yesterday?

Frank
    no..im way behind..hoping to get UP there in time for durphee..this dam storm over here is screwing me..

no..im way behind..hoping to get UP there in time for durphee..this dam storm over here is screwing me..
    I am just waiting for snow and grooming (in that order) than I will be up the first Sun-Th.

Frank

I am just waiting for snow and grooming (in that order) than I will be up the first Sun-Th.

Frank
    yea im snowed in over here in SD..hope to leave monday now..rained all day in mass..snowing now

finally leaving tom..man what a nitemare over here..but snowed in and blizzarded out..who would live here

sledhead..would that 3rd week jan work for u?

here we go..

f u k i n A

PD
    As of now gonna be back up in Houghton the 15th-17th as long as it is below 32 degrees, I will look you up.

Bear

PD, how has the riding been? We were up early January but trail 13 south of Rockland was brutal for several days in a row so we didn't make it up your way except one day, but a guy in our group bent is front track shock and we headed back. They used to be the gold standard up there, we could always count on 13 being great, but that trail has been poor 90% of the time we have ridden the past several years.

Quote Originally Posted by mspease View Post
    PD, how has the riding been? We were up early January but trail 13 south of Rockland was brutal for several days in a row so we didn't make it up your way except one day, but a guy in our group bent is front track shock and we headed back. They used to be the gold standard up there, we could always count on 13 being great, but that trail has been poor 90% of the time we have ridden the past several years.
    havent been out much..cupl days with durphee then a couple with the kids..no snow really..got sick this week so didnt ride at all and got some stuff to do tom and sat..with football sunday..plan on riding tues and wed next week..fuji and slim killed it above houghton..but getting there for me is trailer only..cant stand getting beat all the way there..

13? do you mean from rockland to greenland? last year it was always perfect..nobody rides it..hit it once this year and it was fine..but if your taking 13 from goegibic to rockland..cant remember it being groomed or good once in the last 5 years..i go thru white pine to onto..or down to bruces and UP 3..

just wish they had a solution to 13..the few time ive hit it good its a fantastic trail..its actually a trail that NEEDS all day grooming..3 times a day..only way with the traffic..just like twin lakes north..

dont know..i guess ill start riding soon..dont seem to be in a hurry this year..florida bud is superbowl week..and there really is no snow..

i have to learn the fire roads..i say it every year but still havent

pd

I hope you feel better soon! No, I'm talking about 13 south of Rockland to where Gogebic starts to groom. Hasn't been good in years over multiple days. It used to be perfect almost every time we rode it. Last trip, Gogebic had the best grooming by far. I don't remember a bump on their trails this year. I heard they have new equipment and are really making an effort, although I've never had an issue with the area for the most part and I've based out of there for years.

You need to get out and ride! rp7x is up the weekend, he can show you some off trail.

PD, your best bet for learning fire roads is to get an Ottawa National Forest Map from the Forest Service. Most of them are on there and numbered. For more info go to www.fs.fed.us/r9/ottawa or you can get them at several locations UP there. I got mine at Forest Headquarters on Hwy 2 in Ironwood. There are also locations in Ontonagon, Iron River, Watersmeet and Kenton.

It looks like things south of Rockland on 13 haven't changed. The below is taken from Tom McCarthy's trail report today. What is going on up there?

"Wednesday we rode to Mass on 3 and then to Bergland on 13. The first 20 miles of 13 were an absolute mess with 2 ft moguls. Where 104 joined 13 things got great."

Rode it the night of January 17 was in good shape. Just too many people in the area.

riding wed and thurs if anyone around and wants to ride...

Wish I could join you, Green Bay is threatening 6 inches today and Wednesday with pockets of 10 inches.

disappointed-face_1f61e.png

Bear

Let me know if Green Lake has snow will be there for the weekend Minnesota is out for me too cold.

polarisdan,
    I am trying to rent an apt above the old hardware store in Mass- we used to rent there 12 months any way do you have any contact info regarding the new owner?
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by towtruck View Post
    polarisdan,
    I am trying to rent an apt above the old hardware store in Mass- we used to rent there 12 months any way do you have any contact info regarding the new owner?
    thanks
    no..sounds like some sledders bought it..packed this weekend..empty now..

anybody UP here today..gonna ride

Ill be riding from mercer to Hurley (hope we don't stop too long) dusting off the glitter, travel up to Lake of the CLouds, back down to Gogebic, hitting Presque Isle then back to Mercer...thats our Friday trip. Saturday we are going to stop at Bents for the radar runs for a bit but then stay south of the UP, well maybe hit Rodgers Bar, then back down. Let me know if you will be out...sure it will be busy but defintily fun.

coming to the end PD...gotta give a re-cap...and no pics at all this season?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by bonnevier View Post
    coming to the end PD...gotta give a re-cap...and no pics at all this season?!?!
    Can't find the one from The Gay Bar with a d@#k (hat) on his head the year we ran into your group. Dang. Wish I could find that pic!!!

That is the one! NICE!!!!!

Dan,
    You look so young, how many years back was this?

Bear

Dan,

Bear
    Date of the pic was January 17, 2014!!!

Hey PD! How about "10 weeks in da yoop "2019?

.....Thought he was broken last winter and moved to Florida???.

You might be right,eagle1

Did he buy a house of his own inda yoop....?

Quote Originally Posted by 800etec View Post
    Yup, we need an update to dates and whereabouts.

Bear

He told me it was going to be one of those girly houses , he’d just run it by hand till he could find some girls

Quote Originally Posted by rp7x View Post
    He told me it was going to be one of those girly houses , he’d just run it by hand till he could find some girls
    I'll wait til he gets the girls before i stop by !

omfg ..i havent even looked at this thread since last year..funnnnyyyyyy

- - - Updated - - -

Dan,

Bear
    before i had children and x's

Quote Originally Posted by 600_RMK_144 View Post
    That is the one! NICE!!!!!
    gay bar pix.jpg

oh this day?? my long lost riding lover

who was my first on this site..kiss
    Last edited by POLARISDAN; 12-09-2019 at 02:35 AM.

wont be there that long this year..and some people got nasty over it..

but it worked..all my good ride buds came off it

pd

- - - Updated - - -

wont be there that long this year..and some people got nasty over it..

but it worked..all my good ride buds came off it

pd

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eagle1 View Post
    .....Thought he was broken last winter and moved to Florida???.
    nope durph and me kick it off on the 2nd..let us know if ur UP ...or anyone else wanna ride

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by snobuilder View Post
    Did he buy a house of his own inda yoop....?
    who in da world told u dat

gay bar pix.jpg

oh this day?? my long lost riding lover

who was my first on this site..kiss
    Good Times my Friend!!!! Still remember the mistake I made that night at 1:00am (after our 190 mile day)...

Me:"I've never racked up 200 miles in a single day of riding. We almost did it!"
    PD: "Get back on, let's F'n do it!!!!!!!!!!"
    Me: "Nah, I'm good man."
    PD: Heads back out... Returns at 6:00am.