Default Webcam viewing issue

When I try to view the webcams in the Northwoods Cam Network on my PC it pops up and then quickly changes to some google adds so I cant see the current pictures anymore.

Does anyone else have this issue or know why this is happening to me?? I can get them to show on my phone with no issues...

I have heard of others having this issue. I cannot get it to happen on my end, so it has been hard to de-bug. If anyone else is having problems, let me know. It seems to be mainly with the Microsoft Edge and not so much with Chrome or Firefox. I use Chrome.

-John

No issues here. Using good old Internet Explorer.

Tracker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by snowtower2 View Post
    When I try to view the webcams in the Northwoods Cam Network on my PC it pops up and then quickly changes to some google adds so I cant see the current pictures anymore.

Does anyone else have this issue or know why this is happening to me?? I can get them to show on my phone with no issues...
    go on to FILEHIPPO.com and use CCLEANER and do the registry fix also....several times until both say its all clean....and then use AVAST home edition for free and ye shall be trouble free

Thanks for the tip Tracker. What does the CCLEANER do?

Quote Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
    CCleaner can clean up windows registry entries that are no longer used or valid. A cluttered registry with old entries that are no longer used from programs that may have been uninstalled from your PC can slow your computer down. the registry cleaner part of CCleaner can clean it up and it works very good. After running the registry cleaner you can run the cleaner part of the program to remove deleted files, browser cache's and any temporary files on your computer. You can fine tune exactly what files are removed if you want to leave certain cookies for example.

I use this program all the time on all the computers I maintain. Highly recommend the program.

https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner

Thanks dfattack. There are so many good programs out there that will help to keep a computer healthy. I appreciate learning about this one!

-John

Tracker Guest

puts all the books back in the library like dfat said plus more.....so ta speak...and AVAST.....all other securities let in a virus and then notify you that you have a problem....AVAST stops the computer cold....and says a virus has been detected....abort or continue....it does not let anything happen....50x better than any other security IMO....and if you been having problems....it sees what you have been trying to do....then you shut it off for the night....it will fix itself overnite....read avast Wikipedia.....that company hired nortons ceo and many other security company techs and people because it wanted to be the best....and was a product of east germans not wanting spied on.....so it excels at blocking hacking and viruses...been using that and CCLEANER on hundreds maybe thousands of computers...many on here I have guided in setup and using these 2 programs....its all you need....the SUITE OF SECURITY....and when you take it to best buy they use these 2 programs to clean up your computer then charge you 200 bucks...also ALL COMPUTER TECHS and in the knows...get all programs from fillehippo....it has no bloatware and or ads....you can check this by looking at any program on filehippo and record its download MB...example ccleaner might be 1.7Mb....now go to another web site....you will see that same program is 2.1Mb....bloated

Quote Originally Posted by Tracker View Post
    puts all the books back in the library like dfat said plus more.....so ta speak...and AVAST.....all other securities let in a virus and then notify you that you have a problem....AVAST stops the computer cold....and says a virus has been detected....abort or continue....it does not let anything happen....50x better than any other security IMO....and if you been having problems....it sees what you have been trying to do....then you shut it off for the night....it will fix itself overnite....read avast Wikipedia.....that company hired nortons ceo and many other security company techs and people because it wanted to be the best....and was a product of east germans not wanting spied on.....so it excels at blocking hacking and viruses...been using that and CCLEANER on hundreds maybe thousands of computers...many on here I have guided in setup and using these 2 programs....its all you need....the SUITE OF SECURITY....and when you take it to best buy they use these 2 programs to clean up your computer then charge you 200 bucks...also ALL COMPUTER TECHS and in the knows...get all programs from fillehippo....it has no bloatware and or ads....you can check this by looking at any program on filehippo and record its download MB...example ccleaner might be 1.7Mb....now go to another web site....you will see that same program is 2.1Mb....bloated
    Cool! I will see about getting AVAST loaded this weekend. CCLEANER I loaded this morning and ran it. Cleaned up a lot and computer already seems to be running better!

-John

The funny thing to me is the trail cams, almost live cam and the woods cam all work fine. The Northwoods cam network are the only ones acting up...
    I will try the links posted above and see if that clears things up for my PC.
    Im running Chrome on Windows 7 Pro.

The funny thing to me is the trail cams, almost live cam and the woods cam all work fine. The Northwoods cam network are the only ones acting up...
    Same issues here too. Phone and on the computer....

Please keep me informed of any issues. It has been a frustrating thing to de-bug completely, as I cannot replicate the issues on my end. I am continuing to try and work on things, so the more info the better. So anyone can please feel free to let me know of what kind of issues they are having and if they were able to resolve them and how they resolved them.

I would also appreciate knowing the extent of the problem, so persons can chime in on if they are having problems or not. This is a very serious issue for me and I REALLY want to get it straightened out!

Thanks!

-John

Tracker Guest

anyone that says it acts up on their end NEEDS to run CCLEANER....and then try it

john, how did avast go....you got it now...all should be running toot sweet

Same problem this morning. I've had a few times over the last week, but this morning is the worst. Can't see half the cams I could see yesterday. Ran the CCleaner, no difference.

Tracker. Things are going good. The launching of AVAST seemed to wake up a copy of Kaspersky that I thought I had gotten rid of. Deactivated Kaspersky and got my CPU speed back.

Johnny Cash. You might want to see if you can update your browser. I know that has worked for some. What browser are you using?

Tracker Guest

Tracker. Things are going good. The launching of AVAST seemed to wake up a copy of Kaspersky that I thought I had gotten rid of. Deactivated Kaspersky and got my CPU speed back.

Johnny Cash. You might want to see if you can update your browser. I know that has worked for some. What browser are you using?
    open CCLEANER again and I think its in tools.....you then find Kaspersky (and any other uninvited or unwanted programs) and uninstall and then registry and clean again.....several times until all is green because some things hide behind others that hide behind locks

PS....don't let any other security program reside in computer....only AVAST....it wants to be the only one so no mistakes or viruses can get in...also when AVAST wants to change settings that you have been unsuccessful in changing once computer is turned off the other security programs can have a block and a lock on that setting and might be why it cannot be changed to correct settings....CCLEANER takes the locks off when you do registry cleaning and then cleaning functions puts the locks (books) back into the drawer...follow? also I use IE and it works just fine also
    Last edited by Tracker; 12-06-2018 at 10:43 AM.

open CCLEANER again and I think its in tools.....you then find Kaspersky (and any other uninvited or unwanted programs) and uninstall and then registry and clean again.....several times until all is green because some things hide behind others that hide behind locks

PS....don't let any other security program reside in computer....only AVAST....it wants to be the only one so no mistakes or viruses can get in...also when AVAST wants to change settings that you have been unsuccessful in changing once computer is turned off the other security programs can have a block and a lock on that setting and might be why it cannot be changed to correct settings
    Thanks!

Tracker Guest

Thanks!
    reread above this post as I added some more info...post #16

reread above this post as I added some more info...post #16
    Gotcha

I have been having these same issues with some cams in the NCN not working. I thought at first it was a function of the cams being turned off, but the picture does show up for 1-2 seconds and then, poof, the page sort of reloads and just shows the title of the cam and blank white screen underneath. Just now I clicked on the majority of the cams in the Keweenaw and found two that didn't show up (Mohawk and Houghton/Hancock). I am using a MacBook Air and Safari, all updates have been done.

Just checked again and now the Houghton/Hancock cam is working and the Calumet page isn't, neither is Big Bay. They show the title of the cam for a second (Big Bay, Calumet/Laurium) and the page reloads, then just the Northwoods Cam Network heading and a blank white page underneath. It changes almost every time I view the site.
    Screen Shot 2018-12-06 at 12.35.54 PM.jpg

John,

Sometimes software companies make uninstall tools for their software programs that may take more of the program off your computer than even CCleaner can do. I have found that even with the uninstall tools there is still remnants of the program on the PC. Even CCleaner doesn't get everything. I use CCleaner and Norton Security. The test is to use the uninstall tools/CCleaner then do a search on your hard drive for the program you just uninstalled and you will still get results from the search. The uninstall tools from the software companies are created to help their tech support troubleshoot problems with their software and sometimes they need to make sure the important components from their software is removed when they are reinstalling software. For example, if you remove Norton security from your computer you will still see directories with "Norton" and "Symantec" names along with files in those directories left behind. Software developers know what they needs to be removed when troubleshooting problems with their software. That's the benefit of the software removal tools. Usually they are not advertised but can be found when searching their websites.

hope this tiny bit of info helps you.

Thanks dfattak

I just started to uninstall Kaspersky. It appears I did not do it like I had thought. I and using the uninstall utility from Kaspersky, but will also look to see if anything is left via a HD search and CCleaner.

I just wish that I could figure out why folks like ZRMadness is still having problems like he describes.

-John

Ive been running avast on my computers and smartbutt phone for a long time, no issues ever.
    Lake Effect Snow, my three favorite words.

Another little bit of information I have just clicking around and trying to reload certain cams:

1. I thought maybe this issue was similar to the snowfall maps not updating unless you reloaded the page, so I tried to reload and again the cam image and title show for a quick second before disappearing. If I go back to the NCN map and click on another cam that I know will not display (Big Bay, Mohawk, Toivola), rarely does it show the title and cam image again, just a blank white page with Northwoods Cam Network heading pictured above. If I right click on the blank white page and reload the page, it again shows the image and title for a second, then disappears. This cycle continues if you keep repeating the process.

2. Could this be an issue with popup or cookie settings within the browser?

Mine just says”page missing”
    I can’t see anything other than ads and that message!
    i can’t post a pic because the site won’t let me post pics from my iPhone 8- never has for a couple years!
    scottiking OUt

Huh- I was using Firefox here on my iPhone and moved over to Safari
    and the cam page works fine!
    Must be Firefox issue?
    scottiking OUt

Well everything is working again on my end. I have not done anything to my PC beside the normal Window updates that come though. I have seen the webcam viewing function come and go in the past as well.
    Im starting to think the issue lies within all of the pop ups on the website.

Quote Originally Posted by scottiking View Post
    Huh- I was using Firefox here on my iPhone and moved over to Safari
    and the cam page works fine!
    Must be Firefox issue?
    scottiking OUt
    I use firefox and have absolutely no issues.

Windows 10

Cirrus_Driver Guest

I have Windows Vista - relatively OLD system, at least 10 years....just checked all trail cam's and they ALL work fine.

Well the bulk of the cams do not work again for me.

I get (1) second to view the webcam and then it switches over to the "Watch TV Now" add instead!

Tracker Guest

Well the bulk of the cams do not work again for me.

I get (1) second to view the webcam and then it switches over to the "Watch TV Now" add instead!
    gotta ask ya then...did ya clean it with CCLEANER? and did ya install avast? cause that TV AD is a PUP that ccleaner would of gotten rid of...that's 100% on yer end....I checked all cams...nuthin'...cam pops pic in 3 seconds and stays

scottishack.jpg

I was going to say the same thing as Tracker. It appears as though your computer or browser may have a bug. I have figured out why some content is covered by the google ads on some of the pages. But they are just a select few and did it on my machine too.

-John

gotta ask ya then...did ya clean it with CCLEANER? and did ya install avast? cause that TV AD is a PUP that ccleaner would of gotten rid of...that's 100% on yer end....I checked all cams...nuthin'...cam pops pic in 3 seconds and stays

scottishack.jpg
    Piriform's CCLEANER doesn’t work on Apple products

And yes when I click on the webcam network it goes straight to the pop up ads

All my Apple products are updated to current platforms , and pop up ads blocked so

scottishack.jpg
    Well just an update. I have installed CCLEANER and Avast and have been running those for (2) weeks. They say that they are working just fine. My webcams still divert to popups on occasion, not all of the cams but a handful depending on when I click on them. One minute they will work and 5 minutes later they will go right to the popup.