Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nfl opener

Default Nfl opener

DA BEARS vs packers

Should be a good one!

Lots of changes for the cheese. Think bears are still clearly a better roster but gona be a fun one to commemorate 100 years

Quote Originally Posted by momoney2123 View Post
    DA BEARS vs packers

Should be a good one!

Lots of changes for the cheese. Think bears are still clearly a better roster but gona be a fun one to commemorate 100 years
    I don't want to be too overly critical, but technically it's Packers vs DA BEARS...game is in Chicago.

Living in the heart of Packer country all I gotta say is Go Bears! Shhh!

Packers release Mike Daniels surprising to save a few bucks not sure this was a good move?

Watched the Bears at NY and had to wonder who are these guys? Lol Nagy isn’t playing any of his number 1s almost like years ago with strike and replacement players. I hope the 2s and 3s are impressing other teams otherwise little point to these games. Usually regulars play a half in game 3 then sit out the final exhibition game to minimize the chance of injury. Idk imo NFL needs to ramp up competitive interest for teams to play better maybe an extra late round draft pick? Wdut?

Was listening to Hub Arkush and he was hyping the depth of the Bears defense this year, specifically at defensive backs. This preseason, for some of them, has a lot to do with becoming trade bait for other teams. But I agree, the preseason games for most teams is a snooze fest... but I am a sucker and still tune in for a little bit. Excited for the season to start, you never know what your going to get!

Snoozer for sure. Imo Nagy needs to get the 1s some game time get them ready to play have them get hit a bit in condition. I guarantee GB will be good to go
    and ready to beat down some Bears after their losing season. If Nagy has the Bears ready to play good for him but I sure don’t see it in these exhibition games.

If that came true this year Chicago, and PD, would explode! Vegas has the Bears at 9.5, an intriguing betting line. I don't think the bears will win 12 games like last year but a 10-6 season will get ya into the playoffs. Definitely harder schedule, injuries of course will occur and we can only wait and see how the development of Mitch works out. I have no idea what Vikes team will show up this year and the Pack would surprise me to have an above .500 season. it should be a fun season!

Neenah, Wisconsin. About 30 minutes south of Green Bay's Lambeau Field.

Last edited by gary_in_neenah; 08-29-2019 at 07:31 PM.

Finally......the preseason is over and now the games matter. Should be another fun and exciting season.....and it means we are getting closer to sledding season!

Maybe you've seen it someplace else, but with all these promos and hype, hope the game this week can live up to it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUnLwM1JfKI&feature=share&fbclid=IwAR12PbUZ7cg5ST7FT1XNsOk3SGKf0BJQ55-9RBVMa29cK2Yg7DLn2m8CHgM

Didn't get it to link so cut and paste. Sorry

Here's one that's kind of clever featuring Favre and a couple of Bear's fans. Safe for the workplace and runs about 5 minutes.

https://www.packers.com/news/brett-f...ki-s-superfans

Call it as a fan no way to know how teams are jelling nobody played in preseason. Lol can’t even say Rogers will be on Mitch no idea either. Mack will be tearing things up based on zero play time last year when he dominated. Probably yellow flags all over the field. Cohen might have a good day change directions do his thing. Just have to watch see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by whitedust View Post
    Call it as a fan no way to know how teams are jelling nobody played in preseason. Lol can’t even say Rogers will be on Mitch no idea either. Mack will be tearing things up based on zero play time last year when he dominated. Probably yellow flags all over the field. Cohen might have a good day change directions do his thing. Just have to watch see what happens.
    The Pack is getting 3 for the game and I am not touching it....agreed with what you said, really tough game to pick. Will be lots of rust for both teams and some tired players by the 4th.

the Mitch really struggled.

Hallock MN. 20 miles south of Canada - 10 miles east of ND.

What a boring, sloppy penalty filled fiasco. It was almost like watching a Vikings game.

What an awful game both teams sucked. Rogers sucked less scored more points than the Bears hapless offense. Howard may have been able to to dominate the game in Q4 but not a Bear anymore. Neither team going anywhere playing like that. Yellow flags everywhere. Ugh!

Nagy was out coached by a first year head coach. There's a year of tape on Nagy and the Pack knew how to play him....and he fell right into it. Tramon Williams stated that "We wanted to make Mitch play QB," and they knew Mitch (at this point) can't take over a game. I can't remember specifically but it was 45 passes to 14 or so runs, Mitch isn't there yet.
    But, its only one game...a big game...but only one. The Bears defense looked awesome and so did the Pack's D. I don't think the Pack's defense will be that dominate throughout the season. Im sure the NFL didn't want that game being displayed as the season opener!

Yeah, not an easy game to watch. But I guess many did as the TV ratings were up 15% over last year's opener. (Eagles & Falcons)

Da Bears.jpg

Bear fans were all a tither with excitement. about their "Super Bowl" run starting with the demolition of the hated Pack.
    They can cry about how both teams sucked, but the GB defense SHUT THEM DOWN - bottom line.
    Good old fashioned black and blue division, defensive game. 10-3 or 40 -3, I'll take the W. Your QB, the game manager, pretty much stinks under pressure.

I really would hate to see the Bears stellar defense wasted this year with an inept QB. The O seems to have the necessary talent to explode if a QB can throw the ball and hit receivers and backs. Trade Mitch for a veteran QB that is good to go now while SB talent is in their prime Mitch is not the answer. Fanigo and the Broncos D will bury Mitch and 0-2 start sucks for SB chances. What experienced QB do you think the Bears could get in s trade with Mitch. Manning, Ryan anyone is better than Mitch?

I really would hate to see the Bears stellar defense wasted this year with an inept QB. The O seems to have the necessary talent to explode if a QB can throw the ball and hit receivers and backs. Trade Mitch for a veteran QB that is good to go now while SB talent is in their prime Mitch is not the answer. Fanigo and the Broncos D will bury Mitch and 0-2 start sucks for SB chances. What experienced QB do you think the Bears could get in s trade with Mitch. Manning, Ryan anyone is better than Mitch?
    Agree. How many years do you say the bears have everything they need except a QB? Just need an average one - that interception was everything you need to see. Locked in on one receiver and threw a bad pass right into double coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
    Agree. How many years do you say the bears have everything they need except a QB? Just need an average one - that interception was everything you need to see. Locked in on one receiver and threw a bad pass right into double coverage.
    Chicago Bears the place QBs go to die! Lol Watched a lot of football today and no NFL offense or QB played as bad as Trubisky and company. Murray looked pretty bad in Az until Q4 then the points went up ended in a tie. Idk Nagy looked like a great coach last year got the Bears O at least to middle of the pack with scoring let the D keep them in the game. Maybe game 1 was a stinker game 2 with Broncos the O will get going. If the Bears lay another turd it’s going to be a regression year with Playoff window already closing. I’m still hopeful but Thursday’s game was horrible by any NFL standard!

I also watched a good amount of football yesterday and the Bears better get their act together, Already beat by the Pack and the Vikes look like the real deal. The Vikes defense looks great again and Zimmer let the game dictate how he was going to call the game. The run was working and he kept with it, unlike Nagy who pushed his QB to make plays that he could not make and continued to push him til the end. Nagy failed his team, for a second game in a row. Bears are already in a must win situation with a hard season schedule and teams that start 0-2 have a 5% chance of making the playoffs.
    I was a little disappointed in the Cardinals. Yeah they started out bad but made a run to tie the game and push OT with a brand new QB. In OT, with a little over a minute left and a fourth down around mid field they chose to punt... a punt to guarantee not to win (well unless Stafford throws a INT ...which he basically did). They are not making the playoffs and I wish they would have went for it. If they make it and win it a huge victory, if they don't make it they could chalk it up to giving their new QB some developing experience. Just my .02 cents.

The Vikings looked good the cream of the North Division everything was working for them. Ziimmer had the Vikes cooking but a couple of years ago they looked unbeatable then they collapsed. Imo the Vikings have a shot this season we shall see!!

man you Bears "fans" sure pulled the plug on Michelle quickly. Even i'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, it's only one game.
    One thing Nagy errred in is never playing him in the preseason,,, he's not Rodgers, Brees or Brady. He needed the work clearly. I said from day one he was a project, (16 NCAA games) and to grab him with the 2nd pick was crazy. Mahones and Watson would win a SB this year on the Bears.
    But it's only one game tap the brakes,,,,, beside who you gonna get?
    Ryan?? Yah sure Atlanta will just trade him for nothing,,, not happening.
    Eli? Please. Michelle is prolly as good or maybe better and isn't 37 years old.
    There just aren't any good QB's bagging groceries that you can just pick up.

If I was Bears GM I would give Gruden a call and see what he wants for Carr. Carr ain't bad just in a horrible situation in Oakland. He'd definitely be a step up from Mitch. I'd think they'd be open to trade him Plus Gruden is dumb enough to trade him. He trade Mack for christ sake.

Great road win for the Pack in hostile territory NFL kickoff game,, real test this week vs Minn.

Timo....I haven't pulled the plug on Mitch, far from it, I put the blame specifically on Nagy. Nagy is playing Mitch like he is Rodgers or Brady, which clearly he is not. Nagy has proven that, as he does it now,puts way too much on Mitch alone winning and on his gimmick plays and not enough on the running game. I always stated that Mitch was "over drafted" and I mean that in the context of the Bears being in a SB window right now. I agree 100% that Mahomes and Watson would make the Bears a much better team right now and when they need it. But, Mitch is and will be the guy for the Bears...there's no going back now and I still believe he can be a good QB, not great. . The defense alone will keep the Bears in almost every game. All Mitch needs to be is slightly above average and the Bears will be a very competitive team. The Vikes have shown they are good but haven't made it over the hump yet and I don't think the Pack defense will maintain their week one performance all year....unlike the Vikes and Bears who can. Although after watching the Pats last night and acquiring Brown...they are a force again this year.

The Bears would have won it all LAST YEAR with Mahomes. Drafting is a crap shoot. Any fool can look back after a season or two and call a GM an idiot for not drafting so and so because look how things would have been if you would have drafted dude A instead of dude B. Trubisky is never going to be Mahomes. That much is pretty obvious. So then you need an overpowering run game and a game manager. The idiot Bears traded a perfectly good back and have not replaced him. As of yet anyway. Way too early to say the GB Defense is not as good as the Bear D or the MN D. The Bear D coach went away. The MN D looks good when the Vikes are ahead but once they get behind they fold up like cheap chairs. The schedules favor GB big time. They could be undefeated well into the season. As long as Rodgers is healthy it is GB's division to lose. Oh, and the Lions still suck.

Trubisky can’t hit the broad side of a barn with a football. Sure Mitch can improve but the Bears have good WRs and backs good to go now just get the ball to them and good things can happen. Unfortunately Trubisky passes weren’t anywhere close to the receivers and they are going to get wrecked trying to make circus catches. Yes Nagy should have played Trubisky in the preseason he needs the exposure and if he got hurt so be it that’s the price you pay in the NFL for reps. The Broncos aren’t good either from what I saw last night a very beatable team. If the Bears lose to Broncos it’s going to be a very long year. Certainly we hope the Bears O will improve quickly and regression doesn’t set in but Mitch was pathetic in game 1.

I was rooting for the Pack but Cousins......that was a pure rookie throw, you cannot throw that pick in the end zone....absolutely terrible.

ne is the team to beat !

Quote Originally Posted by durphee View Post
    I was rooting for the Pack but Cousins......that was a pure rookie throw, you cannot throw that pick in the end zone....absolutely terrible.
    Yeah, he called out Ryan for making the same bonehead throw the week before..... The best line of the weekend:

Cousins, we know we are over paying you at $28M/Yr - can you just be a $12M/Yr QB?? Please??

LOL, yeah it just seems Cousins can't put it all together consistently. Vikes, to me at least, are in the same boat as the Bears...a very good defense but an inconsistent offense. Seems they just let the Pack get off to too good of a start.
    As for the Bears, where do i start with this. A win is a win i guess. Like a broken record the offense looks as inconsistent as Arctic Cats public messages. Defense still played well and special teams actually won it this week...where was that 50 yard field goal last week Nagy? Bears receivers seem as over hyped as Mitch does. Next week vs Redskins is a winnable game even for an inconsistent offense.
    Pack, looked great off the bat then kind of ran into a toughened up defense. No idea what Cousins was thinking on that throw, i thought he was better than that but i must be wrong, he isn't.
    as BYR13 stated, NE looks (again) like a dominate force.

LOL, yeah it just seems Cousins can't put it all together consistently. Vikes, to me at least, are in the same boat as the Bears...a very good defense but an inconsistent offense. Seems they just let the Pack get off to too good of a start.
    As for the Bears, where do i start with this. A win is a win i guess. Like a broken record the offense looks as inconsistent as Arctic Cats public messages. Defense still played well and special teams actually won it this week...where was that 50 yard field goal last week Nagy? Bears receivers seem as over hyped as Mitch does. Next week vs Redskins is a winnable game even for an inconsistent offense.
    Pack, looked great off the bat then kind of ran into a toughened up defense. No idea what Cousins was thinking on that throw, i thought he was better than that but i must be wrong, he isn't.
    as BYR13 stated, NE looks (again) like a dominate force.
    Pretty cool for us Packers fans to see the early default setting for the losers is a squawk about the Pats....LOL

Last edited by snobuilder; 09-17-2019 at 08:54 AM.

Hey, I like the Pack... root for them every game except for when they play the Bears. All teams have their default settings...Bears, no offense, good defense....Pack, HOF QB's since 92 and only 2 SB wins..... Vikes, good defense, still struggling offense....Lions, well they are the lions....Pats, (you literally cannot talk football without saying something about the Patriots) pure dominance. Same stories just a different year, funny how consistent these settings are.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27631582

Bears will be starting over at QB next year.

Quote Originally Posted by timo View Post

They should but they won't. Football is going to be different in a few short years. There are very few good QB's left and there are very few good ones coming up. Rothlisburger might be done. Brees might never be the same. Rivers could be done soon. Rodgers is still good but there is slippage happening. Wentz is injury prone. Dak is not as good as Dak wants to believe. There will be Mahomes, Watson, Wilson and of course Brady will play until he is 62. But after that there a lot of teams with inept boneheads at the quarterback position.

I think the game will continue to evolve. Speaking of quarterbacks, what was once a Pocket Passing player has morphed into a run and pass position like Wilson and Mahomes. There's over 250 Division 1 programs turning out quarterbacks each year yet only a handful make it to the top like Brady and Rodgers. I find that odd as you would think there would be more good ones. I suppose coaching has something to do with it such as an early Favre in Atlanta. Also luck plays a roll such as injuries and just being in the right place at the right time to be noticed. Nobody offered Rodgers a scholarship and Brady was what, a 6th rounder? I think football will be just fine, it's going to change like everything else but it'll be just fine.
    Last edited by gary_in_neenah; 09-17-2019 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by grub View Post
    They should but they won't. Football is going to be different in a few short years.
    This is because teams will start doing what the NBA does - tanking to get the #1 pick - just look at Miami, they are doing it this year.

I agree unless Trubisky improves vertically starting Monday night against Washington. Usually a QB is a born accurate passer talent canít teach accuracy. Mitch seemed to throw darts in year 1 and still can sling the football but too often way off the target and not catchable. Imo use Trubisky leg skills if he gets hurt he gets hurt let Daniel play QB if that happens. Unfortunately I think the O is on the brink of losing faith in the Mitch to score points make first downs grind it out football. If not improving bench the guy let #2 play. Too much offensive talent on the Bears to waste on Trubisky if he canít get it going.

Like Grub said, drafting is a crap shoot and it is apparent that the Bears drafted the wrong guy. Its really tough to dig yourself out of a bad #2 pick who was supposed to be your franchise QB. Teams spend millions upon millions scouting their draft picks for not more than a 50/50 chance of success but picking Mitch hurts even worse with the defense the Bears have and the success of Mahomes and such. That one bad pick might be costing the Bears multiple SB appearances. He just needs to be average and a game manager for the Bears to win.....what a depressing statement that is. If you dump Mitch you are starting all over in the SB window the Bears believe they have and finding a replacement would be tough. Not sure they have the gustu to pull that off.
    Fun fact i heard on 670 the score today...the Bears defense have only allowed teams to convert a third down play 5 times this season!

Why aren't we hearing from momoney2123? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by mspease View Post
    Why aren't we hearing from momoney2123? LOL
    LOL,,,
    I was also curious where the president of the Mitch Trubisky fan club went.

I agree unless Trubisky improves vertically starting Monday night against Washington. Usually a QB is a born accurate passer talent can’t teach accuracy. Mitch seemed to throw darts in year 1 and still can sling the football but too often way off the target and not catchable. Imo use Trubisky leg skills if he gets hurt he gets hurt let Daniel play QB if that happens. Unfortunately I think the O is on the brink of losing faith in the Mitch to score points make first downs grind it out football. If not improving bench the guy let #2 play. Too much offensive talent on the Bears to waste on Trubisky if he can’t get it going.
    If Mitch don't put up 20 on the skins on Monday he's gonna have a mutiny on his hands in that locker room. Washington stinks.
    Only so many games the D is going to hold a team to 10 points before they start pointing fingers.

If Mitch don't put up 20 on the skins on Monday he's gonna have a mutiny on his hands in that locker room. Washington stinks.
    Only so many games the D is going to hold a team to 10 points before they start pointing fingers.
    If Iím Nagy I give Mitch first half against Washington if cold as ice again Daniel goes in 3rd quarter see how he performs in 2nd half to put up points. Enough of waiting for Mitch to blossom he needs to get hot or bench his a$$.

If I’m Nagy I give Mitch first half against Washington if cold as ice again Daniel goes in 3rd quarter see how he performs in 2nd half to put up points. Enough of waiting for Mitch to blossom he needs to get hot or bench his a$$.
    never happen no matter how bad he is.

never happen no matter how bad he is.
    Right,.....It is a Bear tradition.

MOMO has to be on suicide watch at this point.....he was definitely all in on The Mitch.

Rodgers, Watson, Mahommes, Bridgewater and Stafford all looked good today.

Bears should beat Washington easily if not it’s going to be a very long season and one of regression!

After three games the QB's are really starting to show who has it and who doesn't. This is Mitch's time to show who he is against a very beatable team, no excuses. The QB's that snobuilder listed were definitely impressive this week and Mahommes is just fun to watch. I believed that the Bears defense could take them to the SB but after watching some of the teams this week I am not so sure about that. Definitely a great defense but this is an offensive league, not sure you can limit some of these offenses week in and week out, especially during a one and done playoff system. Tonight should be a W but next week vs the Vikes will be a very important game, cant go down 2 games in the NFC North.

Bears beat Washington easily but should have been a blow out if Trubisky could hit open receivers. Bears can’t beat the better NFL teams if Trubisky can’t improve accuracy in tight windows. I’ll give Mitch a few more games but starting to look like a HUGE NFL BUST at QB so typical of past Bears QBS. Disappointing to say the least.

Bears beat Washington easily but should have been a blow out if Trubisky could hit open receivers. Bears can’t beat the better NFL teams if Trubisky can’t improve accuracy in tight windows. I’ll give Mitch a few more games but starting to look like a HUGE NFL BUST at QB so typical of past Bears QBS. Disappointing to say the least.
    Curious to see how many actual passes he had that traveled more than 12 yards and how many he completed. The one to Gabriel was a great pass.
    Nagy does alot to cover for him with what seemed like 20 three yard attempts. I didn't watch the 2nd half. Redskins are a dumpster fire.

Next 13 weeks: Redskins vs Dolphins...neither are a real NFL team. Just a word of advice for Washington, blocking Mack might be a good idea. Bears got what they needed. Mitch made one great pass to Gabriel and the rest were easy, low yardage passes. Was hoping they would have went downfield a little more, Mitch did seem to lock into receivers. Thought Keenum was going to get killed. Next week is a big test for Bears with the Vikes. 2 great defenses and 2 iffy QB's, neither team can afford to go down 2 games in the NFC North.

- - - Updated - - -

When looking at where he was drafted Mitch is no doubt a bust but he can still win games due to their defense. Bears set themselves back and put themselves in a much more difficult position by drafting Mitch instead of Mahommes or Jackson, but hindsight is 20/20 (but they do pay millions on scouting!) After 30 games and you have to coddle a # 2 draft pick, no bueno. All the Bears are asking is for a average QB to manage the game.....thats not what you want out of a #2 draft pick.

Trubisky threw one good pass that was more luck than talent. He never looks off defenders. He is not getting any better. Game manager at best. Best trade of last 3 years was the Mack trade. Without Mack there is no Bear D. Without Bear D there is no 2018 divisional championship. The Bears might win a few more divisional championships until Mack wears out but they will never win a Superbowl with their existing offense. Once they play a real coach in AFC with a real offense they will get never be able to keep up. The AFC will be a combination of New England and KC until Brady retires. Then it will just be KC. Mahomes is magical. And he never seems to take a hit. He is going to be around a long time.

I am going to agree with you Grub. With the way the NFL wants this to be an offensive league I don't think a defense, even as good as the Bears, can win a championship without a good offense. The Bears defense could probably limit the scoring of KC or NE but probably not enough to overcome the lack of offense they have. Great offenses don't turn the ball over like a garbage Redskins team.

Mitch is a bust. The bears failed with him. How many games has he started and he cant look off defenders, he cannot throw from the pocket, and lets be honest here, he's not even a good game manager. He can run, which clearly the bears dont want him doing, and he is ok at throwing on the run.

When its all said and done in 5 years, yes I think he will most likely be out of the nfl in 5 years, he will be a bigger bust then Tony Mandrich.....

To bad he's not a headcase like Ryan Leaf, that would be fun to watch.....lol

Other teams draft bust QBS too but purge them quickly. When does Pace and Nagy pull the pin on Trubisky?

Pack gonna give them dirty filthy birds a beat down tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by srt20 View Post
    he will be a bigger bust then Tony Mandrich.....
    Whoa! In the history of the NFL, no one has ever been compared to Mandarich.

Quote Originally Posted by gary_in_neenah View Post
    Whoa! In the history of the NFL, no one has ever been compared to Mandarich.

Ahhhhh, 1. Ryan Leaf.......

2. Maybe a certain bears QB
    3. Tony

lol

BTW 4-15 are Browns QBs in any order.

There goes that dominate GB defense...give up 34 you’re going to lose basically every game. Too bad, I was hoping the pack would pull this one out.

There goes that dominate GB defense...give up 34 you’re going to lose basically every game. Too bad, I was hoping the pack would pull this one out.
    Philly did the same exact thing the Vikings did - except they kept running the ball, and won.

Good thing the Bears got rid of Jordan Howard. He isn't any good at all.

We'll hang that loss around LaFleur's neck.
    Don't overthink it Matt,, run the dam ball once inside the 3.
    Them pass plays at the one were asinine. The inside slant into a mass of humanity at the 3 with two time outs and 40 seconds to a #4 WR was asinine.

I didn’t know how Howard would do with the Eagles but if you’re a good RB apparently it doesn’t matter which team you play for. Congratulations to Jordan Howard you can run in the NFL!!

We'll hang that loss around LaFleur's neck.
    Don't overthink it Matt,, run the dam ball once inside the 3.
    Them pass plays at the one were asinine. The inside slant into a mass of humanity at the 3 with two time outs and 40 seconds to a #4 WR was asinine.
    Agree with you about running the ball down close. Even had they got the TD they would have gone for the tie rather than the win. And then on to OT. Which they probably would have lost without DeVonte Adams. The Pack has gone from a top 4 undefeated powerhouse to a team with injury problems and a porous D line. Many guys nicked last night. The formula is out now. Run it down their throats. Rodgers is going to have to carry them. Again.

Howard is a good solid RB! So much for the Beat Down.
    Last edited by old abe; 09-27-2019 at 02:45 PM.

LOL....draft choices....LOL

most of you know my disdain for the Bears,,,hate them like childhood cancer. But I can't lie watching their D just completely shut teams down is fun to watch. Cousins didn't stand a chance.

Everytime I see Mack just wreaking havoc I'm reminded of what a moron Jon Gruden is. He basically traded LT in his prime.

even with their awful QB play that D can get them a playoff spot.

Ha ha ha, lmao! Does this guy really occupy your mind, or what snobuilder? Got to say this though, you always keep discussion fresh, and on going!

What blew my mind the Bears D had many second stringers out there Sunday and was still awesome!!

What blew my mind the Bears D had many second stringers out there Sunday and was still awesome!!
    Maybe they was inspired by their new "undrafted" QB....LOL...Agree on the Bears D...they dominated but Daniels put on a show of his own.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by old abe View Post
    Ha ha ha, lmao! Does this guy really occupy your mind, or what snobuilder? Got to say this though, you always keep discussion fresh, and on going!
    Take another look....that is Daniels...not the MITCH.....LOL....probly the first pic of him on here ever.

I just had to laugh as you posted a pic of a Chi Bear!

yur best Bear on offence this week.....LOL

Belichick would destroy the mighty bear D. You have to remember the Vikings suck. Belichick would not even attempt to run. He would throw quick slants and use misdirection to beat the bear D. Once up 10 points the bears would never be able to come back. Again, you have to remember the Vikings suck.

Belichick would destroy the mighty bear D. You have to remember the Vikings suck. Belichick would not even attempt to run. He would throw quick slants and use misdirection to beat the bear D. Once up 10 points the bears would never be able to come back. Again, you have to remember the Vikings suck.
    Bears have plenty of O talent just need a QB to hit the open targets. It maybe good for Daniel to run the O for awhile he was much more accurate than Mitch.

Quote Originally Posted by snobuilder View Post
    yur best Bear on offence this week.....LOL
    You got it! X2.

Well as we watched the games unfold this week it definitely is a week by week game and most teams can compete even against the upper few. Oddly, having Chase come in might be enough to "reset" the offense and make it better.....don't overthink it Nagy! That Bears defense though, even with multiple backups playing is just unreal. After watching what happened to KC, Pats, Dallas and Rams the league just shown how competitive it is.
    And I can only imagine the sports talk radio in Vikings land this week!

Bear fans need a little of that momoney optimism! Little worried about that guy, too quiet for too long!

Bear fans need a little of that momoney optimism! Little worried about that guy, too quiet for too long!
    i heard he joined a cult headed up by the Kapernick.

Whoh, Bears blow it, the Pack sweats one out.

Big one tomorrow night gents....who ya got....LETS GO LIONS!!!!!

Welcome to John Dee, Mr. Snacks.
    I believe that my Packers will soundly defeat the team from your region.

Yikes....not sure what to think about that Pack/Lions game. Going to be plenty of talk about those calls!

oh, and by not scoring a TD on that last running play, a very wise choice, it caused the Pack to not cover the spread and the game to comes under the over/under of 47......yes I lost both

Welcome to John Dee, Mr. Snacks.
    I believe that my Packers will soundly defeat the team from your region.
    That sound you heard was the Lions trying to breath during the gameIMG_7634.JPG

I guess the ref. thought that knuckles on the chin strap equalled hands to the face....not that hard to understand.

Half dozen more calls in the Packers favor and we will be all evened up for the bad calls from last season.

lost in all these awful calls was how on point Rodgers was last night.
    Numbers won't show it but that was the best games he's played in 3 years.
    He was dropping dimes to guys who were on the practice squad last week.
    With no practice reps with these guys it was impressive.
    The ball he dropped to Lazard and the one Graham dropped when sliding in the endzone were pure pefection.
    5-1, 3 & 0 in divison
    Super Bowl bound.

I guess the ref. thought that knuckles on the chin strap equalled hands to the face....not that hard to understand.
    Actually no, knuckels on the chin strap wasn't the reason for the call....this is how the call was explained by referee Clete Balkeman.....

"Blakeman then explained what the umpire who threw the flag, Jeff Rice, saw on the fouls."The umpire threw both of them. The last one was really the only one I've discussed with him," Blakeman said. "Basically, it's for illegal use of the hands, hands-to-the-face foul. To be a foul, we basically need some forceful contact that's prolonged to the head and neck area ...
    "So, in his mind he had pinned him back, it was prolonged, and that's what created the foul."

So, I was thinking during the game....remember all those bad calls against CMIII the last couple of years for roughing the passer? But I agree, without those calls, Detroit wins that game by a touchdown.

...And I just thought of the "Fail Mary" in Seattle a few years ago. That was probably the worst of the worst...and that went against the Pack. So these things come around and go around, what's a good call for one team is a terrible call for the other. Sooner or later your team will see both.
    Last edited by gary_in_neenah; 10-15-2019 at 07:26 PM. Reason: and another thing!

Actually no, knuckels on the chin strap wasn't the reason for the call....this is how the call was explained by referee Clete Balkeman.....

"Blakeman then explained what the umpire who threw the flag, Jeff Rice, saw on the fouls."The umpire threw both of them. The last one was really the only one I've discussed with him," Blakeman said. "Basically, it's for illegal use of the hands, hands-to-the-face foul. To be a foul, we basically need some forceful contact that's prolonged to the head and neck area ...
    "So, in his mind he had pinned him back, it was prolonged, and that's what created the foul."
    Me and him ain't far apart at all.
    Thanks for clarification

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gary_in_neenah View Post
    So, I was thinking during the game....remember all those bad calls against CMIII the last couple of years for roughing the passer? But I agree, without those calls, Detroit wins that game by a touchdown.

- - - Updated - - -

The ball he dropped to Lazard and the one Graham dropped when sliding in the endzone were pure pefection.
    5-1, 3 & 0 in divison
    Super Bowl bound.
    Like x2

5-1, 3 & 0 in divison
    Super Bowl bound.
    gotta agree with all that.... most QB's lose their main receivers and are done. Rodgers is just a different animal, Pack fans have been blessed with QB talent for so long! There were plenty of pure drops by GB receivers that game. That win really put pressure on the rest of the division.

We've been blessed for a long time.
    We could be watching Trubisky throw 4 yards outs all afternoon, while turning the channel and watching Mahones and Watson light up the scoreboard.

gotta agree with all that.... most QB's lose their main receivers and are done. Rodgers is just a different animal, Pack fans have been blessed with QB talent for so long! There were plenty of pure drops by GB receivers that game. That win really put pressure on the rest of the division.

Well, this is one of those weeks for the Bears to show who they are....or are not! Coming off a bye week, you get your starting QB back
    (not sure thats a good thing) and a game at home vs a very talented Saints with a backup QB. With Pack setting the pace in the NFC North it's a game the Bears could use to pull them up or could be a game that really puts them in a hole. Spread has Bears by 3, not sure they will cover or even win.

Pack should take this game vs the Raiders, no reason to stumble on this one.

Vikes and Lions seems like a great matchup! Which Kirk Cousin's is going to show up? I wouldn't want to go down 3 games if I were the Vikes in the division, nor 2 games for the Lions. Spread has Vikes at 1 point favorite, I will take the Vikes for the W.

You should post that one in the smiles thread also Gary!😁

Da Bears just got shot

The one team that looks like trouble for Green Bay - Look what the Saints are doing on defense this year , Then add Mr Brees sitting on the bench watching

I think they have a score to settle after last years NFC Championship game fiasco with the Refs