Default Textron Shut Down Artic Cat Race Department

I hope this is just a Facebook rumor. AC fan or not, the sled world is small enough. Anyone have any concrete details???

Not good. The Madcatters over on HCS have been talking about this for a couple weeks. Doesn't sound good for cat. Or the sport as a whole for that matter....

Hallock MN. 20 miles south of Canada - 10 miles east of ND.

Everything we have right now was invented and refined by racing. Motors, chassis, suspensions - everything. A truly bad sign if true.

First step in giving up totally & selling or shut'n down Cat Sleds...

Totally predictable.
    Queue up the Doors.....The End.

Neenah, Wisconsin. About 30 minutes south of Green Bay's Lambeau Field.

Wait...what'd I miss here?

"Lies, damned lies, and statistics" Mark Twain

Something has to change with Yamaha and AC duplicate sleds. Seems AC went 2s this year except the 4s tcat Yamaha all 4s models to avoid competing with each other. Idk? Textron not a fan of the snow business not why they bought AC. Logic is to sell AC snow division to Yamaha but Yamaha doesn’t seem interested. It seems if the market purges either one they both exit. Yamaha can not exist without AC Yamaha chassis technology long gone and was outdated so totally dependent on AC. Theses are the reasons I bought a 2019 Doo Enduro 900t nothing else to consider at 150hp 4s.

Looks like I'm going to have my 2017 Thundercat for a very, very, very long time. Anybody with some extra cash laying around want to invest in a snowmobile company?

This topic makes me think of ezra. He sure hasn't posted on here in a long time. Miss his comments for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by mspease View Post
    This topic makes me think of ezra. He sure hasn't posted on here in a long time. Miss his comments for the most part.
    Ya where has that hi-cat been? Miss his comments as well!! Wife working him to hard or what?

Quote Originally Posted by grub View Post
    Everything we have right now was invented and refined by racing. Motors, chassis, suspensions - everything. A truly bad sign if true.
    Grub, historically you may be correct. My opinion is racing as a form of product research and development for all consumer products is dead and has been for some time. I think manufacturer's of all types use racing as advertisement/promotion only at this point. They have learned over the last couple decades that other forms of product testing (real world and closed track) lead to more demonstrable gains at far less cost for consumer product development.

I would read Textron shutting down Arctic Cat race team as a bad news in that they are cutting their advertisement/promotional budget. Still not good for a company producing recreational products.

i can't wait til we are all subject to buying our ski-doos on Amazon....not.

This is bogus. I just had a post pop up on my FB feed from the official Arctic Cat page, it says they will continue racing and not to believe everything on the interwebs. https://www.facebook.com/arcticcat.snow/

Quote Originally Posted by ohiosledder View Post
    This is bogus. I just had a post pop up on my FB feed from the official Arctic Cat page, it says they will continue racing and not to believe everything on the interwebs. https://www.facebook.com/arcticcat.snow/
    My understanding was Textron was downsizing their AC racing budget not eliminating the entire race team. As said before AC is under pressure from Textron to eliminate costs improve their numbers.

Fat lady gonna sing ?? Lol