Default Who's loading up???

Weather channel is saying bullseye on ND and nw MN for this weekend. Who's gonna put the first tracks of the upper midwest down??

Pulled the youngest boys sled out for a short rip. Keep snowing!
    20191106_101643.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Did the same thing this morning!
    IMG_7954.jpg

Can't wait Med Bow snotel at 24

Sled is ready but won't leave my garage til mid December

Quote Originally Posted by durphee View Post
    Sled is ready but won't leave my garage til mid December
    Did you get a new sled yet durphee?

I rode around my yard on Halloween.

Quote Originally Posted by mspease View Post
    Did you get a new sled yet durphee?
    Not yet, i have had some good offers on my current Assault but I haven't found a replacement one just yet. I haven't found a 19 Assault for the price I want, but I am being very picky. I have been looking at a 18 ski doo renegade 850 XRS with 1500 miles on it, really intrigues me! I would prefer to stick with a Polaris Assault but willing to switch it up. But, if nothing works out I will ride my current sled and be perfectly happy. I have a quick trip in mid December to the UP then I take my boys up to your neck of the woods, Hayward, the day after Christmas til day after New Years so I don't want to be rushed into purchasing a new sled if mine sold.

Ideal scenario sell yours at top dollar and wait to see if the season starts slow and buy after the 1st. But who wants to wait till then to ride. LOL

I know Kip has a brand-new 2019 in that sharp orange burst color with the 1.6 track & the PIDD display & it says there is a $1,000 rebate. Not sure how much you want to spend or what the final price would be but it is pretty cool looking.
    https://up.craigslist.org/snd/d/mass...014012018.html

Quote Originally Posted by srt20 View Post
    I rode around my yard on Halloween.
    Worth a few bragging rights for us SE WIsco riders, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by snobuilder View Post

I do believe its my first time riding on snow in October.

Definitely for me.

My son has already ran a couple tanks thru his Z120 this year...beats everyone!

I just hope it decides to stay around to play later in the season!

I heard good LE in Marquette.....any other reports??

Remember, Marquette doesn't like snowmobilers.

Bear

Quote Originally Posted by 1fujifilm View Post

Bear
    They don't?

I know it's not fair but maybe when a regular family sits down to a meal at a restaurant and has to listen to some foul mouthed, reeking of exhaust, or raw gasoline that they spilled on their boots stench that starts complaining about the alcoholic drinks that they have been waiting for while making sexual innuendos of every kind to the waitstaff while they go from alcoholic beverage serving establishment to another, totally partaking, kinda makes you wonder why they are opposed?

Two years ago I got to watch a guy try to eat his breakfast, while complaining about the uninsured sled he totalled the night before. The waitstaff had to clean up his vomit in the restroom and the trail of it he left on the way there, I heard them being very upset about it.

I'm sorry if that sounds too real for some of you but that's the dealio even though us riders are 95% just guys and gals out riding having a great time and being cool, respectful and being forgiving to local charms.

The good news is me and my son probably have several hundred miles of riding in already.

Bear
    Their putting in a 2 million dollar tunnel under 41 for snowmobilers.
    Being called Pete's Pass.
    It is a multi-use trail, but if Marquette was so anti snowmobile, they wouldn't be allowed to use it.
    https://www.uppermichiganssource.com...507388791.html
    Last edited by sweeperguy; 11-09-2019 at 12:06 AM.

Last edited by snobuilder; 11-08-2019 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eagle1 View Post
    I heard good LE in Marquette.....any other reports??
    Trenary Mi just a little south and east of Marquette
    FB_IMG_1573263835580.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Sandylake View Post
    They don't?

I know it's not fair but maybe when a regular family sits down to a meal at a restaurant and has to listen to some foul mouthed, reeking of exhaust, or raw gasoline that they spilled on their boots stench that starts complaining about the alcoholic drinks that they have been waiting for while making sexual innuendos of every kind to the waitstaff while they go from alcoholic beverage serving establishment to another, totally partaking, kinda makes you wonder why they are opposed?

Two years ago I got to watch a guy try to eat his breakfast, while complaining about the uninsured sled he totalled the night before. The waitstaff had to clean up his vomit in the restroom and the trail of it he left on the way there, I heard them being very upset about it.

I'm sorry if that sounds too real for some of you but that's the dealio even though us riders are 95% just guys and gals out riding having a great time and being cool, respectful and being forgiving to local charms.

The good news is me and my son probably have several hundred miles of riding in already.

Wow. I think the sand is in your vagina. I could tell stories from 2 years ago and make up all kinds of things. Never seen anything remotely close to what you are talking about. Ever. So maybe if that was the "dealio" perhaps you could be more specific so we would know what places to avoid?? Otherwise you are helping give us sledders a undeserving bad name.

itll be the last sno u see

- - - Updated - - -

They don't?

i see ur spewing garbage early..why the ** r u on here anyways?

and ur full ***..cupl hundred miles..why would anybody ride no base
    Last edited by mspease; 11-09-2019 at 10:51 PM.

They don't?

It's 2019.... I don't think snowmobilers reeking of exhaust and raw gas is really a thing anymore. Not sure why the "uninsured" part was thrown in there. It's none of your business if his, (or anyone's) sled is insured, or not.

Saying "me and my son" either means you are uneducated, very young or both.

The way you speak of riders tells me you don't like them and may also live in Marquette.

Bear

Quote Originally Posted by POLARISDAN View Post

- - - Updated - - -

i see ur spewing garbage early..why the fk r u on here anyways?

and ur full sht..cupl hundred miles..why would anybody ride no base
    Riding around mostly in fields on our beaters.
    We just picked up an old Elan too.

And see the kind of person that you are with the language you use. I'm sure that's how you speak in RL and that's why sledders get a bad name.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dothedoo View Post
    It's 2019.... I don't think snowmobilers reeking of exhaust and raw gas is really a thing anymore. Not sure why the "uninsured" part was thrown in there. It's none of your business if his, (or anyone's) sled is insured, or not.

He said that there wasn't insurance on it and he totalled it.

See following post about smelling like gas.
    Last edited by Sandylake; 11-09-2019 at 11:33 AM.

Saying "me and my son" either means you are uneducated, very young or both.

The way you speak of riders tells me you don't like them and may also live in Marquette.

Bear
    I'm fully educated and know fully well that its suppose to be "my son and I" but thanks for the correction. Go and corrected PolarisDan now too since that's your dealio.

I don't live in Marquette but ironically the incident I speak of was in the Marquette Big Boy. I totally forget the reason I was in there but there was a guy that didn't smell like he spilled some gas on himself, he smelled like he was dipped in it!
    But, hey, it was probably some local yokel, right?

Us sledders(yes, I include myself in the same group as the rest of you miscreants) need to clean up our act even if is a small minority of riders giving us a bad name. I know a few young women that are waitstaff in local establishments and if you ever got to speak to them they would not have many good things to say about us.

Myself, I stay off of the trails as much as I can. Why? So much drinking. Of course not everyone is loaded but there is enough drinking and combined with the speed I just don't like it.

My friends wife stopped riding because she didn't like seeing mens penises hanging out while they relieved themselves trailside all too often, and of course, there are some of the other aforementioned reasons too.

Quote Originally Posted by slimcake View Post
    Wow. I think the sand is in your vagina. I could tell stories from 2 years ago and make up all kinds of things. Never seen anything remotely close to what you are talking about. Ever. So maybe if that was the "dealio" perhaps you could be more specific so we would know what places to avoid?? Otherwise you are helping give us sledders a undeserving bad name.
    Vagina?
    I have a Iittle snow up the crack of my arse but I don't have a vagina, bro. I'm not asking for respect but disrespecting me does little for your case of what upstanding citizens sledders are.
    And I'm not making up any stories. Is it because they are stories form two years ago that makes them fiction to you? I guess I'll have to work on my forecasting and learn to pass on stories of the future.

About 15 years ago me and the little woman bought trail sleds. After one season she didn't want to do it anymore. She did like how fun it was to ride and see the sights of our wonderful area at the same time how fast everyone else traveled was a huge turn off for her. To her it seemed like everyone was in a race to get to the next bar. That long corner right before Toivola sealed the deal for her. About 12 weekend warriors were just pegged and met us there. It was terrifying. There are a lot of blind corners that are like that. My brother recommended we just trail ride at night because you can see the headlights of oncoming sleds far off which makes it safer but then you can't see the sights AND that's when the alcohol use is higher. She just gave up.

Anyways, my son and I really just off trail now, he blasts around on his 2018 RMK 800 155 and I ride a Tundra

- - - Updated - - -

i see ur spewing garbage early..why the fk r u on here anyways?

and ur full sht..cupl hundred miles..why would anybody ride no base
    btw, I put on at least 25 miles today from Clear Lake West and all over the place back again.
    I'm sorry .

He said that there wasn't insurance on it and he totalled it.

See following post about smelling like gas.
    After reading a few more of your posts about how much snowmobiling scares you, I don't think it's the right activity for you. lol

I always tell my buddy when he gets caught with it out to point it at them so they can’t see it

This forum needs and IGNORE BUTTON So I don't have to see the stupidity. What a freeking tool.
    Last edited by slimcake; 11-09-2019 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dothedoo View Post
    After reading a few more of your posts about how much snowmobiling scares you, I don't think it's the right activity for you. lol
    I stay off of the trails as much as possible.

Tons of people do. I know a few local guys that like to trail ride but only do it Tuesday through Thursday.

This forum needs and IGNORE BUTTON So I don't have to see the stupidity. What a freeking tool.
    I'm not the one calling anyone names but yet I'm a tool.

It's strange how or why you, or anyone, is offended by me saying that sledders need to police themselves and clean it up.

And maybe I'm not giving us sledders a fair shake?

I dont have the time for something like this, and I know very few people in the service industry, but I wonder if I could enlist some people to go out onto the service industry and ask the waitresses how they feel about us.
    The very limited experience that I have, totally secondhand, is nutshelled into this; good tips doesn't give you the right to be a creep.

Wow this thread went sideways quick. Thought there would be talk about some early riding instead complaints about drunks with totaled sleds and too many penises hanging out. Remind me not to ride wherever that guy is hanging out

Neenah, Wisconsin. About 30 minutes south of Green Bay's Lambeau Field.

This forum needs and IGNORE BUTTON So I don't have to see the stupidity.
    I'm not taking sides here but..
    We have one, it's on your Settings Page and it's called an Ignore List. I've used it in the past, I think it was that guy that believed in Big Foot that got under my skin.

Come to think of it....he hasn't posted anything in a long time, maybe the Squatch got him after all!

Thanks Gary. Instant gratification.

If you start ignoring there really won’t be much activity on this site. Can’t believe how slow it has gotten.

It's Nov 9th, winter hasn't even started yet. Take a deep breath or three.
    Lighten up. There is no reason for hostility. -Mezz

There isn’t a single activity (boating, sledding, sports, skiing, holidays with family) that doesn’t have some bad folks involved in it. If you let a few bad apples ruin your love for something you’ll never enjoy anything. It’s a running joke with a good friend of mine that when we stop at a bar or restaurant on sleds we can guarantee the biggest tool in the bar will sit next to us and brag about his sled/truck/house/gear/how much he can drink...yada, yada, yada! We just laugh it off and not let it ruin our day. As the wonderful Packer QB would say .....R E L A X.

^^^^^well said!!

- - - Updated - - -

So...back to topic at hand........ where and how much snow??
    Looking good for Dec 1st start?? Thinking making trip up Dec 6,7th. Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by rp7x View Post
    I always tell my buddy when he gets caught with it out to point it at them so they can’t see it
    hahahhahahahahhaha

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mezz View Post
    It's Nov 9th, winter hasn't even started yet. Take a deep breath or three.
    Lighten up. There is no reason for hostility. -Mezz
    tell us mezz..u live there..how many times have u seen what this clown always sees...hmmmmm..maybe never?

hes just a hater of outsiders..this crap started last year..

and by the way dbag..dont say US..u aint one of US

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by durphee View Post
    There isn’t a single activity (boating, sledding, sports, skiing, holidays with family) that doesn’t have some bad folks involved in it. If you let a few bad apples ruin your love for something you’ll never enjoy anything. It’s a running joke with a good friend of mine that when we stop at a bar or restaurant on sleds we can guarantee the biggest tool in the bar will sit next to us and brag about his sled/truck/house/gear/how much he can drink...yada, yada, yada! We just laugh it off and not let it ruin our day. As the wonderful Packer QB would say .....R E L A X.
    isnt that how we met?

- - - Updated - - -

btw, I put on at least 25 miles today from Clear Lake West and all over the place back again.
    I'm sorry .
    wow..u must be the rider of the year..25 miles off with 6 inches..yes..u r da man
    Last edited by POLARISDAN; 11-09-2019 at 09:54 PM.

I'm fully educated and know fully well that its suppose to be "my son and I" but thanks for the correction. Go and corrected PolarisDan now too since that's your dealio.

I don't live in Marquette but ironically the incident I speak of was in the Marquette Big Boy. I totally forget the reason I was in there but there was a guy that didn't smell like he spilled some gas on himself, he smelled like he was dipped in it!
    But, hey, it was probably some local yokel, right?

Us sledders(yes, I include myself in the same group as the rest of you miscreants) need to clean up our act even if is a small minority of riders giving us a bad name. I know a few young women that are waitstaff in local establishments and if you ever got to speak to them they would not have many good things to say about us.

Myself, I stay off of the trails as much as I can. Why? So much drinking. Of course not everyone is loaded but there is enough drinking and combined with the speed I just don't like it.

My friends wife stopped riding because she didn't like seeing mens penises hanging out while they relieved themselves trailside all too often, and of course, there are some of the other aforementioned reasons too.
    what u dont get moraan..is that just about all these posters..we r all buds..met here on the site..and have ridden together...we all have a passion for the sport..and none of us LIVE there..

u on the other hand..since u joined last year..have spewed the same crap post after post..u r not on of US..so dont insult US with that garbage..u are a hater..and anybody that doesnt fit your mold is a problem..

so like i asked..why r u on here..we dont need your holier than thou crap..we dont need your policing..your not our daddy..and quite frankly dont give a crap what u think..go somewhere else if u dont like it here..u dont ride trails..so ill never get to smoke u at 100..too bad
    Last edited by mspease; 11-09-2019 at 10:58 PM.

Didn't you see the part Dan where he is scardy cat of speed. Turned him off. I know he said his lady but we know what he meant. I got the chaincase oil draining on the 850 as we speak. Let's roll!!

what u dont get moraan..is that just about all these posters..we r all buds..met here on the site..and have ridden together...we all have a passion for the sport..and none of us LIVE there..

u on the other hand..since u joined last year..have spewed the same crap post after post..u r not on of US..so dont insult US with that garbage..u are a hater..and anybody that doesnt fit your mold is a problem..

so like i asked..why r u on here..we dont need your holier than thou crap..we dont need your policing..your not our daddy..and quite frankly dont give a crap what u think..go somewhere else if u dont like it here..u dont ride trails..so ill never get to smoke u at 100
    with my gas soaked PENI.S out..too f'in bad
    Fixed it.

The vast majority of sledders understand how fortunate we are to have a pit stop to ride to and from and so we in the majority tip well while being as pleasant as possible for the service provided.
    BRAAAAAAAPOWEEN

Keep it civil gentlemen, I haven't had to ban anyone in a long long time, and would like to keep it that way.
    Lake Effect Snow, my three favorite words.

Quote Originally Posted by sweeperguy View Post
    Their putting in a 2 million dollar tunnel under 41 for snowmobilers.
    Being called Pete's Pass.
    It is a multi-use trail, but if Marquette was so anti snowmobile, they wouldn't be allowed to use it.
    https://www.uppermichiganssource.com...507388791.html
    Well that would be nice. Decided never to take the kids that way because even at 10 o'clock at night that road is always busy. Not a crossing for an inexperienced rider.

Ok remind me never, ever, ever, to reply without fully reading what is going on in the thread. This went from talking about snowmobiling to talking about tearing each other apart. Last I checked most of us did tip well, normally are quite pleasant, and normally stand up for each other. I have seen the bad. Multiple times being almost smoked up by Grand Marais. And by the way I like to drive fast. I don't own my own Thundercat for the **** of it. I have seen the bad at restaurants. Twin Lakes at the Park View. First time ever there. Breakfast at 8 a.m. and I watched a fellow snowmobiler drink 6 vodkas on ice. I made sure I went the opposite way he was that day. Now in our defense I have only seen that happen once. But it makes it ugly for all of us.

So Snobuilder is there any snow left down your way or is it all toast!😁 BTW my kids are jealous of your snowkin man. They wish they had thought of it.

hahahhahahahahhaha

- - - Updated - - -

tell us mezz..u live there..how many times have u seen what this clown always sees...hmmmmm..maybe never?

hes just a hater of outsiders..this crap started last year..

and by the way dbag..dont say US..u aint one of US

- - - Updated - - -

isnt that how we met?

- - - Updated - - -

wow..u must be the rider of the year..25 miles off with 6 inches..yes..u r da man
    There was a good 16 inches of snow out in the Twin Lakes area yesterday. I accept your nomination for rider of the year. Thank you.

I too would like to hear what Mezz has to say on what he's witnessed if he's willing to speak up. Be forewarned though, you will have crossed the line and you will no longer be one of "us".

Other then riding the little sleds with the grandkids around our property, (which by the way we went though two or three tanks of gas on the vintage sleds, mini Zs and Kitty Cats on Halloween) I pretty much got out of the sport a few years back. Both down here and the place we had up north. So I figured I should pull out our late model trail sleds that have been sleeping in the barn, and either ride em or sell em. So I ordered trail stickers and thought I'd check in here to see whats new. Same 'ol same 'ol. Interestingly, after taking a hiatus from the sport, I find myself siding with Sandy on this one. It was the reason we sold our place up north too.
    As for these always amusing forum back and forths, everyone knows once you start cussing, name calling and piling on, you've got nothing of value to offer and you've already lost the battle...

PS, and would anyone have a problem if I ride my fat tire bike on the snowmo trails I groomed and maintained for over 35 years?
    Last edited by scoot; 11-10-2019 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WorkHardPlayHrd View Post
    Ok remind me never, ever, ever, to reply without fully reading what is going on in the thread. This went from talking about snowmobiling to talking about tearing each other apart. Last I checked most of us did tip well, normally are quite pleasant, and normally stand up for each other. I have seen the bad. Multiple times being almost smoked up by Grand Marais. And by the way I like to drive fast. I don't own my own Thundercat for the **** of it. I have seen the bad at restaurants. Twin Lakes at the Park View. First time ever there. Breakfast at 8 a.m. and I watched a fellow snowmobiler drink 6 vodkas on ice. I made sure I went the opposite way he was that day. Now in our defense I have only seen that happen once. But it makes it ugly for all of us.

So Snobuilder is there any snow left down your way or is it all toast! BTW my kids are jealous of your snowkin man. They wish they had thought of it.
    halloween snow disappears faster than a fat kid's cupcake...lol

Quote Originally Posted by scoot View Post

PS, and would anyone have a problem if I ride my fat tire bike on the snowmo trails I groomed and maintained for over 35 years?
    I would. One of the biggest problems on the trails today are inconsiderate family trail cloggers who pay not attention to those around them. Cyclists have that attitude 10X, so the last thing we need are those on trails. lol...but....I'm not joking.

Had seen some tracks in the ditch near my house a couple days ago. I'll wait for the real deal in December!

Hallock MN. 20 miles south of Canada - 10 miles east of ND.

When are all the various deer hunting seasons done in wisc so they can officially open trails?

Official trail opening is December 1st! If there is snow. If the trail signing is done. If, If, If.

Quote Originally Posted by Skylar View Post
    Keep it civil gentlemen, I haven't had to ban anyone in a long long time, and would like to keep it that way.
    And quit with the abbreviating foul language, you are not fooling anyone. I will keep editing those when I see them until John decides it is ok, and don't count on that. Below is from John's rules for the discussion board.

"No Foul Language. Basically, if you would not say it in front of your mom or grandmother or minister, then do not say it here! Besides, using foul language just makes you sound that much more ignorant!"

All the fresh snow in Twin Lakes made us drive up and put 30 miles on Saturday. Just burning up and down the Nichols trail, just to scratch the itch.20191109_153622.jpg20191109_160219.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by scoot View Post
    Interestingly, after taking a hiatus from the sport, I find myself siding with Sandy on this one. It was the reason we sold our place up north too.
    As for these always amusing forum back and forths, everyone knows once you start cussing, name calling and piling on, you've got nothing of value to offer and you've already lost the battle...
    I agree. Just because somebody has an opinion that's counter to the "apologist" snow-mo community, we have to jump all over it?

Neenah, Wisconsin. About 30 minutes south of Green Bay's Lambeau Field.

All the fresh snow in Twin Lakes made us drive up and put 30 miles on Saturday. Just burning up and down the Nichols trail, just to scratch the itch.20191109_153622.jpg20191109_160219.jpg
    Mosquito (2).jpg This works a little better.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus_Driver View Post
    I agree. Just because somebody has an opinion that's counter to the "apologist" snow-mo community, we have to jump all over it?
    Most people here do seem pretty chill here and very few people jumped all over me so its all good, and those that did jump me and called me a ton of names maybe are just having a bad day or three?

....well, probably not

I'm not 100% sure but I believe the maximum speed on Michigan trails is 45 mph not 100 mph even when passing me out of the anger caused by a difference of opinion.

45 MPH? You are really a tool! Wisconsin has 55 at night but nothing in Mich..... yet

Fixed it.
    hahahahahahhaha..omg somthing funny from SB

Most people here do seem pretty chill here and very few people jumped all over me so its all good, and those that did jump me and called me a ton of names maybe are just having a bad day or three?

....well, probably not

I'm not 100% sure but I believe the maximum speed on Michigan trails is 45 mph not 100 mph even when passing me out of the anger caused by a difference of opinion.
    hahahhahahah..wow really dude..no speed in MI,,wisco only at night..and even lame MN is 55

45 really..sleds dont even gear at that speed

and nobody jumped on you for no reason..u just pick one situation..made UP in my opinion..embellished for sure..and u lump all sledders into it..u did it last year with trespassers in one of your first posts..my opinion is u think the UP is yours..well its not-thats my point

- - - Updated - - -

And quit with the abbreviating foul language, you are not fooling anyone. I will keep editing those when I see them until John decides it is ok, and don't count on that. Below is from John's rules for the discussion board.

"No Foul Language. Basically, if you would not say it in front of your mom or grandmother or minister, then do not say it here! Besides, using foul language just makes you sound that much more ignorant!"

yea..im one of the worst offenders so ill cool it out..thought we went back to the good ol days..sorry

hahahhahahah..wow really dude..no speed in MI,,wisco only at night..and even lame MN is 55

45 really..sleds dont even gear at that speed

and nobody jumped on you for no reason..u just pick one situation..made UP in my opinion..embellished for sure..and u lump all sledders into it..u did it last year with trespassers in one of your first posts..my opinion is u think the UP is yours..well its not-thats my point

- - - Updated - - -

yea..im one of the worst offenders so ill cool it out..thought we went back to the good ol days..sorry
    I'm not embellishing anything.

And trespassing is a issue that we all should be aware of. Trails have been totally shut down because of riders not respecting landowners property. It's for the good of all so everyone can keep using trails(if that's your thing). Why would you be against that?
    I forget what the post on trespassing was that I was talking about? Remind me. Was it about the ATV's? Maybe? Trespassers have to go through one sign about 1/2 mile away from me that the landowner of that land posted then one not far from my cabin that is on my land. It's really strange because they stop no one. ATV's drive up and spin around in front of my cabin all the time.
    I've had people fishing on my docks, using the outhouse and peeking in windows. I get pictures sent to my phone all the time of people that have walked onto my property and gone around my gate for a look around.
    My truck gets parked where no one can see it. The man and lady that walked on was pretty good. He went down to the lake and she decided to use the outhouse. She screamed when she saw me standing there. They were balling me out for surprising them, very strange and I asked them to just leave. I also had two local riffraff fellas telling me that they knew the owner and gave me this story about how they were going to wait around for him. I had to call the cops on that one because they were up to no good.
    I never had a issue with snowmobilers at my cabin which is great.

I have no idea why you have an opinion that you think the U.P. is mine. Is it because weekend warrior sledders don't matter to me? It makes no difference to me if you come here or not but that doesn't mean I think the U.P. is mine, that's a ridiculous idea but whatever!

I believe you were the guy last year complaining about too much snow and yes, I thought that was very strange to say on a site that celebrates snow. This area celebrates snow.

The U.P. is for everyone to enjoy, how you enjoy it is your personal choice but why should the way you choose to enjoy it affect others?

You can go back to calling me a clown and a dbag or whatever now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pwolfy2003 View Post
    45 MPH? You are really a tool! Wisconsin has 55 at night but nothing in Mich..... yet
    Yeah, I was wrong, there is no speed limit here.

But you guys that keep calling me names kinda feeds right into what I'm talking about with how sledders are perceived. Congrats.
    I'm not out of line with what I'm talking about sad but true.

Funny thing is they are teaching the yung un's to say "my son and me"; why the heck did that start? The smart ones at APA must have turned over generations on us.

Bear

Lets be honest here gents. Everyone has an opinion. Ive ridden all over from the hoop to the mountains. Now in that time ive ran into bad apples all over guys stopped in the middle of the mountains passing around a handle of Jack and fireball. Ive been sitting in the cozy for the fish fry while a group of riders walk in smelling like booze and gas being loud AF. Ive been at the gas station in trout lake when a group of 8 sleds rides in and every single one has a dang mountain can on braping the heck out of there machines thinking there cool. The point in making is THERE WILL ALWAYS BE BAD APPLES PERIOD. Those of you who have ridden with me or know me know that I dont have a single problen calling people out or policing our own bht let me tell you sandylake 99% of this group are the ones who will do the exact same thing. This forum is made of some of the most amazing people who will defend there friends. If you have such a big problem with sledders and the bad apples grow a pair and say something to them. You are clearly of the offended generation that loves to shoot there mouth off bud surely cannot take it in return. And honestly what did you expect from this group??? And as for your friends wife well thats just tough but guess what ive ridden passed a million guys taking a wizz and just as many women squating in the woods and thats all over not just the yoop. Man you would last 10 miles down state ����

Now a speedy history my uncle is on the town board hes also the VP of the local HOA you wanna make a difference join something and make a friggin difference join a club join a town board. Until then stop crying on here and speaking like you speak for everyone. Cause you dont not on this forum.

MOD

- - - Updated - - -

P.s sorry for crappy spelling.

MOD

Between Raco and Strong's is a section of railroad grade. Two years ago I got flagged down by Michigan State Patrol. I stopped wondering what was wrong. The officer asked if I knew how fast I was going. Before I answered he says that another officer had clocked me at 116 mph. This was one of those moments that I truly enjoy. Before I said a word I pulled off my helmet. He proceeds to take two steps back and drops his walkie talkie. The last thing he was expecting to see was a woman. I replied welcome to Michigan officer where there is NO speed limit day or night unless posted! Did I miss the posting officer. No mam was the reply. I then asked why I was flagged. His response was aren't you going a little fast. My response; no the trail is beautifully, flat, and fast the Chippewa Snochasers are doing an excellent job this weekened. I then asked if he had an actual reason to pull me over. The response was we thought you were drunk. I asked if he wanted to do a breathalyzer on me; he says no it's obvious that I'm sober. I then told him to have a wonderful day and that next time he better have a legitimate reason for flagging some one down. My husband was laughing like a hyena.

We are all not what we appear to be, and should not be stereotyped because of a few individuals. I really wish I had been wearing my go pro that day, but I wasn't. Now you can all avoid me because I've got a different type of "pair" then the majority of you do. 😎

I have five children that love this sport. One of the reasons they do is because both their parents love it. To be honest after 10 years of marriage and never leaving the farm I literally threatened my husband with a divorce if he didn't get his sled out of retirement and buy me one. He complained all the way up to Michigan that riding with a girl that hadn't rode since she was 13 was a waste of his time. I didn't quite riding by choice my parents got divorced and the sleds got sold. I loved riding. He hasn't complained about riding with me since and he loves seeing the kids drag race.

I know other women like me, but most aren't. I've also seen the ones that are on a sled for the first time who are uncomfortable, but are trying and the individual they are riding with instead of giving them advice says maybe you should just stay at the pool tomorrow. My husband and I are notorious for riding the trails in our area in the dead of night if they are open because that's when we are not in the barn, and usually we have them all to ourselves.

It's just sad to see everyone fight, and it seems like someone is just looking to pick that fight. If your afraid to get nasty with me now don't worry. I have no problems yelling right back!😬 Just ask my husband.

Hey Skylar, what are the rules if any for riding the Bill Nichols trail prior to 12/01/19? Are there any special hours while deer hunting is going on or is it just free game? We are going to be up over Thanksgiving & I have never had the chance to ride before 12/01/19 so that is why I have no clue. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jedoyle View Post
    Hey Skylar, what are the rules if any for riding the Bill Nichols trail prior to 12/01/19? Are there any special hours while deer hunting is going on or is it just free game? We are going to be up over Thanksgiving & I have never had the chance to ride before 12/01/19 so that is why I have no clue. Thanks!
    The Nichols trail is open year round, multi-use trail. That being said, for me, that is from where it crosses M38 to Canal Road in Houghton. With enough snow, you can ride it today. Gun deer season starts this Friday, you can ride it from 11-2 pm, or is it 10-2, dont remember for sure, and at night. I would HIGHLY recommend not riding during the day, and reccomend not riding at night, even though it's legal. Let the deer hunters have their time. ��

I'm sorry .
    How many pissing weeners did you see today?....spill any gas???????....

halloween snow disappears faster than a fat kid's cupcake...lol
    too Funny

I'm not embellishing anything.

And trespassing is a issue that we all should be aware of. Trails have been totally shut down because of riders not respecting landowners property. It's for the good of all so everyone can keep using trails(if that's your thing). Why would you be against that?
    I forget what the post on trespassing was that I was talking about? Remind me. Was it about the ATV's? Maybe? Trespassers have to go through one sign about 1/2 mile away from me that the landowner of that land posted then one not far from my cabin that is on my land. It's really strange because they stop no one. ATV's drive up and spin around in front of my cabin all the time.
    I've had people fishing on my docks, using the outhouse and peeking in windows. I get pictures sent to my phone all the time of people that have walked onto my property and gone around my gate for a look around.
    My truck gets parked where no one can see it. The man and lady that walked on was pretty good. He went down to the lake and she decided to use the outhouse. She screamed when she saw me standing there. They were balling me out for surprising them, very strange and I asked them to just leave. I also had two local riffraff fellas telling me that they knew the owner and gave me this story about how they were going to wait around for him. I had to call the cops on that one because they were up to no good.
    I never had a issue with snowmobilers at my cabin which is great.

I have no idea why you have an opinion that you think the U.P. is mine. Is it because weekend warrior sledders don't matter to me? It makes no difference to me if you come here or not but that doesn't mean I think the U.P. is mine, that's a ridiculous idea but whatever!

I believe you were the guy last year complaining about too much snow and yes, I thought that was very strange to say on a site that celebrates snow. This area celebrates snow.

The U.P. is for everyone to enjoy, how you enjoy it is your personal choice but why should the way you choose to enjoy it affect others?

You can go back to calling me a clown and a dbag or whatever now.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I was wrong, there is no speed limit here.

But you guys that keep calling me names kinda feeds right into what I'm talking about with how sledders are perceived. Congrats.
    I'm not out of line with what I'm talking about sad but true.

your tone seems to have changed quite a bit since this started..we r not here to bash anyone..but take exception to people puttiing there opinions and hangups onto everyone else..

i dont tell people how to ride..fast..slow..off..whatever..i dont tell people to drink..or not..or to carry guns or not..etc

my(our-whoever agrees) opinion is mine..and i dont spew it on here..unless somebody gets on their high horse and starts preaching theirs over the crowd..

thats the only time u see me spewing..unless its SB and me(kiss)

and regarding tpassing..we all hate it..dont rememebr exactly what u said..but we had a difference last year similar fashion..

so i apologize for the names..lets move on

PD
    Last edited by POLARISDAN; 11-11-2019 at 11:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WorkHardPlayHrd View Post
    Between Raco and Strong's is a section of railroad grade. Two years ago I got flagged down by Michigan State Patrol. I stopped wondering what was wrong. The officer asked if I knew how fast I was going. Before I answered he says that another officer had clocked me at 116 mph. This was one of those moments that I truly enjoy. Before I said a word I pulled off my helmet. He proceeds to take two steps back and drops his walkie talkie. The last thing he was expecting to see was a woman. I replied welcome to Michigan officer where there is NO speed limit day or night unless posted! Did I miss the posting officer. No mam was the reply. I then asked why I was flagged. His response was aren't you going a little fast. My response; no the trail is beautifully, flat, and fast the Chippewa Snochasers are doing an excellent job this weekened. I then asked if he had an actual reason to pull me over. The response was we thought you were drunk. I asked if he wanted to do a breathalyzer on me; he says no it's obvious that I'm sober. I then told him to have a wonderful day and that next time he better have a legitimate reason for flagging some one down. My husband was laughing like a hyena.

We are all not what we appear to be, and should not be stereotyped because of a few individuals. I really wish I had been wearing my go pro that day, but I wasn't. Now you can all avoid me because I've got a different type of "pair" then the majority of you do. ��

I have five children that love this sport. One of the reasons they do is because both their parents love it. To be honest after 10 years of marriage and never leaving the farm I literally threatened my husband with a divorce if he didn't get his sled out of retirement and buy me one. He complained all the way up to Michigan that riding with a girl that hadn't rode since she was 13 was a waste of his time. I didn't quite riding by choice my parents got divorced and the sleds got sold. I loved riding. He hasn't complained about riding with me since and he loves seeing the kids drag race.

I know other women like me, but most aren't. I've also seen the ones that are on a sled for the first time who are uncomfortable, but are trying and the individual they are riding with instead of giving them advice says maybe you should just stay at the pool tomorrow. My husband and I are notorious for riding the trails in our area in the dead of night if they are open because that's when we are not in the barn, and usually we have them all to ourselves.

It's just sad to see everyone fight, and it seems like someone is just looking to pick that fight. If your afraid to get nasty with me now don't worry. I have no problems yelling right back!�� Just ask my husband.
    thats a fantastic story WHPH..luv it..congrats

yes - deer rifle season opener weekend..... I would not recommend riding till next week.

Come up now till Friday! So much snow around here. Singleton I am hearing talk of 3 feet.

Hopefully, the ground has hardened up under that snow.
    Down in Green Bay the ground is hard, I wont say frozen but I will say hard.
    Has been 15-20 degrees under normal for the last three weeks.

Bear

- - - Updated - - -

"yea..im one of the worst offenders so ill cool it out..thought we went back to the good ol days..sorry"

You aren't the only one Dan, just trying to follow the rules and keep the site family friendly. Hope to see you UP there this year!

- - - Updated - - -

"yea..im one of the worst offenders so ill cool it out..thought we went back to the good ol days..sorry"

You aren't the only one Dan, just trying to follow the rules and keep the site family friendly. Hope to see you UP there this year!
    will do ..Mark..i get it..just like to push sometimes to keep it lively