Thread: concealed carry

Default concealed carry

due to another post and not the place to start it..

i have for a couple years been thinking about it..never even owned a handgun..and not even for my own protection..but just what if..something were to happen in front of u..

????

I have a CCL. I would strongly suggest you get some training and become well acquainted with your particular firearm before carrying. you have the right to obtain a CCL and should do so if you want. The classes I have taken with the well trained Illinois state police instructors were, in my opinion very helpful and will help educate you on how important it is for you to understand the law.
    Last edited by dfattack; 11-13-2019 at 10:01 AM.

I've been carrying for over 50 years , came in handy a few times , never leave home without.

nothing against those that choose to, that is their choice and their right but for me the day I feel I have to carry to feel safe is the day I need to find a new place to live.

I've highly considered this in the later years but more or less if riding alone and my sled breaks down. Don't want to ride alone but it's getting harder and harder to match up schedules and riding styles and I'm not giving up this sport yet. But ultimately, I have the same theory as euphoric so I'll stick to that for now.

Going on year 8 with my CCL. Lord willing I hope to never need it. But its like a parachute. I second the thought on training. Long before you go for your CCL you should spend some quality time at a range with some good instructors. I have seen some stupid stuff at the range. I was training my uncle with a Glock and showing him how to hold it. After the fourth time of telling him to wrap his thumb under not over I had to let the slide bite him. Didn't hurt him but it made him learn how to hold it. You need to have tremendous respect for the weapon. It doesn't care what is down range. Once that bullet leaves the decisions are over. If you ever have to use it you WILL go to jail. You WILL be charged. Just something to think about. It should be a very heavy decision.

I think I started this thread either last year or the year before. While there are the 2 legged creatures to worry about, what struck me to carry was a 4 legged creature. Going back about 4-5 years ago, we rode out of Muni. My buddies sled overheated due to hard-pack trail conditions. We pulled off to the side, it was around 10 pm. We were enjoying a good conversation and taking in all the stars - it was really a beautiful night out. My buddy and I heard the same thing - a cat growl. We were both stunned at first as we never heard that before. Then the growl happened again, but much, much closer. We jumped on our sleds (very glad his cooled off enough) and got out of there. I will be honest, I felt pretty helpless. To this day, I don't know if it was a cougar (four legged, not two legged) or a bobcat, but either way it was not afraid of us and did not feel welcome. Since then, I carry.

I do know of a buddy who had a stand down with a wolf in WI, fwiw. And I did have all my stuff stolen off my sled one year. To me, those are three good reasons to carry. Just keep in mind, you can't have a drop of alcohol in your system if carrying.

Dan, you don't need a CCL......you have 2 guns already...If you want to throw down fisticuffs, fine! I've got Jack Johnson and Tom O'Leary waiting for ya, right here! movie reference!

and I have a feeling Roussea's would be without their back TV after the Bears game last year!

Quote Originally Posted by durphee View Post
    Dan, you don't need a CCL......you have 2 guns already...If you want to throw down fisticuffs, fine! I've got Jack Johnson and Tom O'Leary waiting for ya, right here! movie reference!

and I have a feeling Roussea's would be without their back TV after the Bears game last year!
    Too funny..still laughing as I was there too. It's all good, I go off too.

But really, I don't carry but own two rifles and three shotguns. I've been around guns since I was in hunter safety at like 12 (1978, wow!).
    Today, my Wife is the CCL and has a gun in every room of the house and on her most of the time. Why, principle and protection.
    My Sister is a CBP Pilot in Arizona and is allowed by law to CCL anywhere..even on the commercial airlines.

For me, I am mega comfortable around legally operated guns, which comes with great responsibility and training. The family I know with guns carry but also shoot them monthly to stay sharp and are passionate about that right/responsibility.

"I pledge allegiance to the flag".....OOPS, am I going too far?

Bear

Quote Originally Posted by euphoric1 View Post
    nothing against those that choose to, that is their choice and their right but for me the day I feel I have to carry to feel safe is the day I need to find a new place to live.
    I absolutely agree!

Hallock MN. 20 miles south of Canada - 10 miles east of ND.

Quote Originally Posted by sjb View Post
    I think I started this thread either last year or the year before. While there are the 2 legged creatures to worry about, what struck me to carry was a 4 legged creature. Going back about 4-5 years ago, we rode out of Muni. My buddies sled overheated due to hard-pack trail conditions. We pulled off to the side, it was around 10 pm. We were enjoying a good conversation and taking in all the stars - it was really a beautiful night out. My buddy and I heard the same thing - a cat growl. We were both stunned at first as we never heard that before. Then the growl happened again, but much, much closer. We jumped on our sleds (very glad his cooled off enough) and got out of there. I will be honest, I felt pretty helpless. To this day, I don't know if it was a cougar (four legged, not two legged) or a bobcat, but either way it was not afraid of us and did not feel welcome. Since then, I carry.

I do know of a buddy who had a stand down with a wolf in WI, fwiw. And I did have all my stuff stolen off my sled one year. To me, those are three good reasons to carry. Just keep in mind, you can't have a drop of alcohol in your system if carrying.
    The chances of you hitting a big cat or a timber or anything else you might meet up with at NIGHT with a PISTOL are next to nothing. Even Chuck Norris can't do that. You would maybe just piss it off a little worse and it would torture you before it killed you. Just do what you did and ride away.

there are pro's and con's to everything, I suggest going to YouTube and watching active self defense or protection ( or something like that) it show's over and over real videos of just how fast life can change. I do have a CCL but haven't carried yet, I do like the videos because it teaches you about situational awareness and keeping distances from people. Its common sense stuff but we all forget to do the simple things.

If I am by myself always carry if someone is riding with me just depends if I am riding by myself. Was with a group of riders off here someone hit a raccoon and someone put it down. But do what you want. First time I met Fuji thought I met a BigFoot. So glad I had it. I can say it same size as Fuji

My dad has always been anti gun and gives me crap saying I am paranoid. Well after a week in the hospital, he asked me if I was there would I have used it.
    Of course I would have. But you do need to be educated and not get caught up in the moment. Know what is behind your target. Think about your actions and the possible consequences.
    It is a big decision. He asked me if I could get him a gun. Blown away by this I say Dad, you live in IL. Back in his younger days he decided at one point it would be a good idea to fight a bunch of cops.... so he has a felony from the late 70's. I explained the FOID process etc. He was blown away that he cant just get a gun for protection given his situation. The gang bangers in the city can get guns but I cant?
    So now when he gets home, I will be going down to stay for a while..... not only to do what I can for him but give him a sense of security which right now is missing.

People who say if they felt they need a gun they would move to some where else. Where are you moving to?!?!!? Utopia?
    You really feel better trusting that your law enforcement is going to be there and save you when - if the time comes? Come on.
    You never know. No matter where you live. A drifter can roll in to your town at any time with bad intentions.
    We live in a world full of over worked, over stressed, normal every day people that can snap at any moment.

The old saying goes. When seconds count the police are only minutes away....

He may still be eligible for a FOID card due to the timeframe since his conviction. He will most likely be denied on his first application but then he can go through the appeal process. I know of a person who was convicted of reckless discharge of a firearm in Illinois who shot in the air in an attempt to ward off trespassers. His offense occurred in the last decade and he was awarded a FOID card. The easier solution would to be to move out of Illinois.

well I am a gun guy, had a gun shop, sold thousands of em, was a shooting instructor, shot in countless forms of competition with guns
    been carrying CC since legally allowed to
    and have had to use more than once
    THINGS happen, its not about , not wanting to, or wanting to
    some times things HAPPEN<
    the old saying, better to have and not need than need and not have!
    applies IF your willing to LEARN to carry safely and become comfortable and SAFE with a firearm

Like it or not crime can and DOES happen every where these days

Carrying a gun is NOT for everyone, and NOT should anyone do so that doesn't wish to
    and I also think, if your NOT willing to become proficient with what ever your THINKING of carrying
    DON"T Bother carrying it!
    your more likely to do harm than good , if ever needed! IMO!

best advice I can suggest when PICKING a hand gun, is GO look at LOTS of them, see what FITS your hand BEST, then learn some things about it, and a few others you like and THEN go to a RANGE That allows you to fire them, and pick what again, you like best and fits YOU best
    don't BUY a gun due to I like it, or joe blow says to BUY it!
    stick to brand names and BUY a model that fits you and you like, or you will never like it, end up NOT carrying it, and be a waste of time and money!
    NEXT
    take lessons from a GOOD shooter/instructor that can teach you CORRECT form, and ways to shoot
    LOTS of guys THINK they know it all and are GOOD, again, THINK
    I cannot ell you HOW many folks I trained , that started off telling me they KNEW what they were doing, and were FAR from GOOD, lets say!
    and guys that THINK They know it, are harder to train than folks willing to admit they DON"T know how!

women all the more so were always easier to train and become good with there guns
    they had a LOT less or NO< pre conceived chips on there shoulders that they KNEW what there were doing!, or had BAD habits to break!
    trust me, bad habits are way harder to stop, than learning the right way from the start!

guns to day and options on how to carry have never been better or safer
    if I had one gripe, it would be the silly laws every state has on carry, some NONE< some more relaxed than others
    \IMO< CCP's should be legal across ALL states , as this is the USA< , my drivers lic is legal in all states, and MORE folks die in car crashes than guns buy a HUGE margin!

federal background check is the same deal in ALL states too>
    so rather silly your limited to your resident state(unless some other state is willing to allow your permit(some do) )

Quote Originally Posted by RHFD547 View Post
    He may still be eligible for a FOID card due to the timeframe since his conviction.
    I believe you are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by fatdaddy View Post
    there are pro's and con's to everything, I suggest going to YouTube and watching active self defense or protection ( or something like that) it show's over and over real videos of just how fast life can change. I do have a CCL but haven't carried yet, I do like the videos because it teaches you about situational awareness and keeping distances from people. Its common sense stuff but we all forget to do the simple things.
    i find that interesting u have a ccl and never carried..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by harvest1121 View Post
    If I am by myself always carry if someone is riding with me just depends if I am riding by myself. Was with a group of riders off here someone hit a raccoon and someone put it down. But do what you want. First time I met Fuji thought I met a BigFoot. So glad I had it. I can say it same size as Fuji
    so u almost shot him???

joking
    Last edited by POLARISDAN; 11-14-2019 at 12:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by snocrazy View Post
    My dad has always been anti gun and gives me crap saying I am paranoid. Well after a week in the hospital, he asked me if I was there would I have used it.
    Of course I would have. But you do need to be educated and not get caught up in the moment. Know what is behind your target. Think about your actions and the possible consequences.
    It is a big decision. He asked me if I could get him a gun. Blown away by this I say Dad, you live in IL. Back in his younger days he decided at one point it would be a good idea to fight a bunch of cops.... so he has a felony from the late 70's. I explained the FOID process etc. He was blown away that he cant just get a gun for protection given his situation. The gang bangers in the city can get guns but I cant?
    So now when he gets home, I will be going down to stay for a while..... not only to do what I can for him but give him a sense of security which right now is missing.

People who say if they felt they need a gun they would move to some where else. Where are you moving to?!?!!? Utopia?
    You really feel better trusting that your law enforcement is going to be there and save you when - if the time comes? Come on.
    You never know. No matter where you live. A drifter can roll in to your town at any time with bad intentions.
    We live in a world full of over worked, over stressed, normal every day people that can snap at any moment.
    yup..so sorry for ur dad..thats why i started this here..i moved from illiinois..not just for taxes...i was in lindenhurst first house..just hate to see this **** in the burbs..so sorry

Quote Originally Posted by grub View Post
    The chances of you hitting a big cat or a timber or anything else you might meet up with at NIGHT with a PISTOL are next to nothing. Even Chuck Norris can't do that. You would maybe just piss it off a little worse and it would torture you before it killed you. Just do what you did and ride away.
    It would be challenging to hit an attacker of any variety in a stressful situation, for sure. However, if a cat, wolf, or human attacker is about right on top of you, it would be much easier. If the attacker isn't right on top of you, you better not be trying to hit them anyway.

I dont have a CCL anymore but should probably get one again because I spend a lot of time out trout fishing in the middle of nowhere.

I didn't renew my CCL 20 years ago because I was put in a situation where I could have used deadly force but didn't. I know that sounds strange but it was a strange situation. I used my head and other resources.
    When my neighbor arrived, a retired State cop, and I pulled my Colt Cobra out of my waist and set it down on the seat of his truck even he was totally stressed about what went down.

Look up night sights and you might change your mind. I use to feel the same way and these sights are easy to see at night. If there is any night light from the sky, I know I will be more than capable to take on what is the threat. Now I won't argue with you on the quickness of a cat or wolf lurking in the woods. By my intention would never to be "just shoot into the woods". The threat would have to be close and imminent.

I will take my chances out on the lonesome trail. I have never heard of a live snowmobiler ever attacked or eaten by any wild animal. Maybe if somebody already froze to death some critter came along and gnawed off a leg but not a live person. You have a better chance of seeing BigFoot than being attacked by some ferocious beast out on a snowmobile trail. As far as 2 legged encounters out on a snowmobile trail what are you going to do? Shoot somebody because he ran over your ski??? CC and snowmobiling do not go together. This is little bit a sign of the times. Rather than communicate or try to reason or talk your way out of a bad situation it has gotten easier to just have a gun. All a gun will do is escalate an already bad situation.

also keep in mind folks that OPEN carry is legal in a LOT of places, so, for those that want to carry in the great outdoors due to worries about animals and such, many times that is fully legal without a conceal carry permit/lic needed
    so could be a option for those that don;'t wish to take all the steps needed to get a permit in some places, as not all states again are the same on requirements for what it takes to get a conceal carry lic/permit
    some require almost nothing but a background check and a fee, some require testing with the gun you plan to carry and are ONLY valid with the weapon you plan to use, some allow any weapon and so on!
    bottom line is, if you want to, and have a clean record and of good mental status, you should be allowed to, and if you don't or are not allowed to own a gun, you shouldn;t

All a gun will do is escalate an already bad situation.
    Exactly the opposite, per the legal ramifications for the person carrying the gun if they choose to escalate a bad situation.

Anyone who has seen Die Hard 2 knows you never know when you might need to be packing while out trail riding. Plus now I’m scared I might run into sandy out there

Quote Originally Posted by dothedoo View Post
    It would be challenging to hit an attacker of any variety in a stressful situation, for sure. However, if a cat, wolf, or human attacker is about right on top of you, it would be much easier. If the attacker isn't right on top of you, you better not be trying to hit them anyway.
    All true! Agree!

- - - Updated - - -

I will take my chances out on the lonesome trail. I have never heard of a live snowmobiler ever attacked or eaten by any wild animal. Maybe if somebody already froze to death some critter came along and gnawed off a leg but not a live person. You have a better chance of seeing BigFoot than being attacked by some ferocious beast out on a snowmobile trail. As far as 2 legged encounters out on a snowmobile trail what are you going to do? Shoot somebody because he ran over your ski??? CC and snowmobiling do not go together. This is little bit a sign of the times. Rather than communicate or try to reason or talk your way out of a bad situation it has gotten easier to just have a gun. All a gun will do is escalate an already bad situation.
    X 2! Agree on all!

My riding bud and I have for many years now enjoy riding long trips in Ontario, Canada. Much more out in the bush/wilderness than in the states. Have witnessed all forms of wildlife, and never once came in need of a firearm. I discussed this issue with a OFSC district official 2 years ago. He had not ever seen, or knew about any snowmobiler needing a firearm for protection. He also explained, that if you are caught with a handgun in Canada, you will be well protected from ANY KIND of harm for a quite long period of time as you will be locked up behind bars. Also, you will never enter Canada again legally. On that trip, we seen a cat the size that I had no idea existed! We were in the wilderness below Timmins heading for Chapleu. The snow was so deep in that area, the wolves had a hard time, the cat was in no hurry, and had no problem what so ever navigating thru the deep snow.
    Last edited by old abe; 11-14-2019 at 01:29 PM.

Me and my family is the main reason I choose. I also use them as a sport to enjoy with the family as do many other people I know.

Quote Originally Posted by old abe View Post
    All true! Agree!

- - - Updated - - -

X 2! Agree on all!

My riding bud and I have for many years now enjoy riding long trips in Ontario, Canada. Much more out in the bush/wilderness than in the states. Have witnessed all forms of wildlife, and never once came in need of a firearm. I discussed this issue with a OFSC district official 2 years ago. He had not ever seen, or knew about any snowmobiler needing a firearm for protection. He also explained, that if you are caught with a handgun in Canada, you will be well protected from ANY KIND of harm for a quite long period of time as you will be locked up behind bars. Also, you will never enter Canada again legally. On that trip, we seen a cat the size that I had no idea existed! We were in the wilderness below Timmins heading for Chapleu. The snow was so deep in that area, the wolves had a hard time, the cat was in no hurry, and had no problem what so ever navigating thru the deep snow.

personally when riding sleds, its never really been a worry about wildlife , for why I choose to carry, I have known several folks that were robbed at trail intersections , or back at truck/trailer when loading up!
    I can tell you I was once out in middle of no where, on a trail and got in the middle of a wolf pack, had them in front of me ON trail and behind me, and they didn;t like it, had them all worked up, ears pinned back and you could see them thinking ,a s they were Not sure what they were going to do with me(I was also riding with a girl who never rode a sled before that day)
    SO< I would never say, you may NEVER need a gun due to wildlife either,
    after some long minutes, the one's behind me decided to break off into some super deep snow, and soon the others up front did the same and things went without issue's
    but it was sure a pucker factor moment there!

again, carrying is a personal choose, its NOT wrong to do so if you take the time and make the effort to be safe about it
    nor is there anything wrong with folks that DON"T wish to carry
    I never get why some seem upset when others carry, when done right, you'd never ever know one was carrying, unless they told you, which honestly, unless in a forum or conversation about carry, shouldn;t even be brought up
    the point of conceal carry is so others DON"T know your carrying
    and IMO< there is nothing wrong with wishing to carry, and have something JUST In case, and hope you never need it
    but it does happen that SOME do need it
    and for those that do, its better to have it ! 100% of the time
    I know when I had to, I was glad I had it!

- - - Updated - - -

I'll add this too, look at how many things in life we all have and use, buy carry wear, that odds are we will also never use, but IN CASE< there there for protections
    like helmets on sleds> air backs in cars, seat belts, health insurance and other things, and don't mean to say there the same as a fun, but in some ways they are, there material items or policy's, for WHAT IF"S
    as the old saying again, better have and never need
    than need and NOT have!
    how much protection you want, is your choice!

....I have hard enough time keeping track of my wallet and keys when sledding. Hahaha.

i agree eagle 1.lol

Many many good points mentioned to think about. Being a retired officer I nearly always carry concealed in town and while traveling. On the trail, not much at all. The reason being in the " middle of nowhere" , where is someone threatening me going to go? Only so many trails and roads around for an escape route.

I saw 2 wolves on the trail back to Searchmont from Halfway when I was limping back my old Fusion with broken springs. I can't remember ever being that scared. First one I saw was right next to me on the trail. I was riding slow with the sled issue but I instinctively hit the throttle and when I looked up there was one in front of me. It started to run in front of me, following my headlight. I couldn't believe how big it was or how fast it could run. It eventually jumped off the trail - seemed like miles later but probably not that long. I'm not sure what I could have had on me to protect myself - things looked like small horses. Not a gun owner and you can't have them up there anyway. I thought about getting some bear spray or something to keep in the windshield bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
    I saw 2 wolves on the trail back to Searchmont from Halfway when I was limping back my old Fusion with broken springs. I can't remember ever being that scared. First one I saw was right next to me on the trail. I was riding slow with the sled issue but I instinctively hit the throttle and when I looked up there was one in front of me. It started to run in front of me, following my headlight. I couldn't believe how big it was or how fast it could run. It eventually jumped off the trail - seemed like miles later but probably not that long. I'm not sure what I could have had on me to protect myself - things looked like small horses. Not a gun owner and you can't have them up there anyway. I thought about getting some bear spray or something to keep in the windshield bag.
    I've had the same as that several times, and all they want to do is get away. Wife and I had a group of them jump out on Laird rd once just east of Bob Lake rd. They ran ahead of us a ways, then jumped into the bush. Running FR's one day NW of Sidnaw we had stopped for her to squat, when ready to leave one came towards us on the FR. When it noticed us, scram it was gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
    I'm no expert on bear spray(have sold a few hundred cases of it however , but was for warm weather use only)
    but I would make sure if you buy some, that it cannot freeze on you, or be carried some place warm

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Interceptor View Post
    Many many good points mentioned to think about. Being a retired officer I nearly always carry concealed in town and while traveling. On the trail, not much at all. The reason being in the " middle of nowhere" , where is someone threatening me going to go? Only so many trails and roads around for an escape route.
    and keep in min d if in the middle of NO where and things go REALLY bad, a gun can also be used as a signal for help!
    its a LONG time known deal what 3 shots mean, and a gun shot can be heard a LONG ways , over many other things!
    Juyst saying, NOT pushing guns here!, food for thought more like!

Quote Originally Posted by mrbb View Post
    I'm no expert on bear spray(have sold a few hundred cases of it however , but was for warm weather use only)
    but I would make sure if you buy some, that it cannot freeze on you, or be carried some place warm

- - - Updated - - -

and keep in min d if in the middle of NO where and things go REALLY bad, a gun can also be used as a signal for help!
    its a LONG time known deal what 3 shots mean, and a gun shot can be heard a LONG ways , over many other things!
    Juyst saying, NOT pushing guns here!, food for thought more like!
    I would think you would run out of shells long before anybody located you. And right then a pack of timbers would come. Just kidding. If I became stranded out in the woods because of mechanical failure or some encounter with a fixed object rendered my sled inoperable I would build a big smokey fire. This would keep me warm as well as scare off wild animals and also signal my position. In daylight hours anyway. If there is smoke where there is no reason to be smoke sooner or later somebody will come looking.

I've had the same as that several times, and all they want to do is get away. Wife and I had a group of them jump out on Laird rd once just east of Bob Lake rd. They ran ahead of us a ways, then jumped into the bush. Running FR's one day NW of Sidnaw we had stopped for her to squat, when ready to leave one came towards us on the FR. When it noticed us, scram it was gone.
    That's good to hear - hope you're right!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mrbb View Post
    That's good to look for too. I don't know how much good it would be anyway, unless you kept it in a handy place. Not the worst idea to keep something on you to scare something or someone away. Remember those 2 killers in Northern Canada earlier this year?

I would think you would run out of shells long before anybody located you. And right then a pack of timbers would come. Just kidding. If I became stranded out in the woods because of mechanical failure or some encounter with a fixed object rendered my sled inoperable I would build a big smokey fire. This would keep me warm as well as scare off wild animals and also signal my position. In daylight hours anyway. If there is smoke where there is no reason to be smoke sooner or later somebody will come looking.
    well just remember some times, things happen and you are NOT able to build a fire, and make smoke
    an example I will add if this,
    many yrs ago, riding alone, on a MX bike, I had a bad crack in middle of NO where(13 yrs old at time)
    screwed up my back, couldn;t move myself to even get to mu bike to shut it off
    but my hands and arms works but coudn;t pull myself with them
    I laid there for 6+ hours till dumb luck someone else drove by and found me
    NOT sayting a gun would have sped things up on finding me, as hopelessly most times folks don;t go looking for someone till a bunch of time passes!

BUT had dark come and I was still GONE, and or I HEARD people, a GUN shot in the dark, all the more SO< that signals HELP needed
    will carry pretty darn far and COULD help get folks in the right direction to find you faster!
    I will not count on building a fire when your injured as a way to be saved
    add in not everyone carries a lighter or flammable things ON THEM
    as again, if you cannot get to your sled for fuel or supplies to LIGHT a fire,
    could be a long cold night or worse!

and I will, add this too
    afire does NOT always keep away wildlife
    I can burn things in my yard and have deer and bears and foxes standing next to it
    have camped in remote places (AK and others) and had wildlife show up to look at things
    again, NOT saying fire doesn;t help, buts its NO 100% deal for sure
    all depends om HOW Hungry a animal is, or curious ! IMO
    be bleeding and well, the NOSE is what finds them food you know?

Quote Originally Posted by euphoric1 View Post
    That's the problem. You never know when or where it's going to happen. The last shooting in CA happened in 18 seconds. No time to call 911 much less anyone get there to help you. I will carry!! I hope to God I never have to use it. To the OP Train and shoot a lot. Muscle memory is key to being able to shoot in a tense situation. Still won't be as good but your body will know what to do automatically.
    Last edited by I Doo; 11-19-2019 at 04:56 PM.

Rule #1 Don't ask, Don't tell.

I would think you would run out of shells long before anybody located you..
    Not if you are a law abiding citizen and carry a vest of fully loaded clips because you can.