Default Lake Gogebic Area

Lake Gogebic Area has received over 50” of snow so far this season and it looks like this weekend is going to bring about more snow! Trails open Dec. 1st and we’ve received a lot of calls about coming up to ride – and we want to remind everyone that it is EARLY SEASON which translates into rough terrain, wet spots and groomers still working on trails. It is “ride at your own risk” at this stage of the game and our groomers are doing a great job of not only maintaining – but keeping us informed.

Please take note to the changes to our following trails – some of which are temporary changes and some of which are permanent.

• Trail 102: there is a new reroute about 4 miles before trail 11. The trail is marked well and the reroute was a very nice turn out. (Temporary Re-Route)

• Trail 13 North: Trail will start on Trail 13 towards Rockland from Trail 8 just East of Bergland. (Permanent Re-Route)

• Trail 13 South has logging. The first part of December, you will have to run East Shore road all the way past the Root Cellar. When the logging is done, we can open it back up, which may take us into the New Year. (Temporary Re-Route)

o Past the Root Cellar, there is more logging. You will have to travel on East Shore Rd approximately 2 mile further then before to get back onto trail 13. A new reroute will take place. Please follow the signs marked 13. (Permanent Re-Route for the 2019-2020 Season).

• Trail 100: Logging is happening between Stagecouch Rd and the Slate River (very end of Lake Gogebic) Marshall Creek Bridge has been fixed so you can get to Marenisco from trail 100. (Permanent for 2019-2020 season)

• Trail 1 from Trail 100 to Trail 8: Closed until further notice as logging is taking place until the end of December. You still can access the Gogebic Lodge and we plan to maintain it up to the Lodge, so we can get up and running to open Trail 1.
    o Gogebic Area Groomers are in the process of doing a reroute to the Ethelwood Grade and up to M-28 onto Trail 8. (Temporary)
    • Currently, the only way to get from Bergland to Marenisco is take Trail 13 to 100 to Marenisco or 13 to Trail 2.
    o Lake Gogebic travel is not recommended as ice just went on a few weeks ago!!!
    • Marenisco area is in good shape far as where the trails are going to stay from the past years.

We will keep you updated after opening and as conditions/re-routes changes. If you see anyting out there that the Groomers need to be aware of - please let us know.
    Be safe and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Lake Gogebic Area this season!

Wow, lots of changes this year! Thanks for the thorough update!

Quote Originally Posted by mspease View Post
    X2!

Default Lake Gogebic Area

You are welcome and we are off to a great start this year. Another 8-12" in the forecast today!

Let us know how it turns out for snow today. It looks like our area down here has really had the amounts downgraded overnight. 12-16" when I went to bed and 6-8" now from a forecast I watch other than John's.

Let us know how it turns out for snow today. It looks like our area down here has really had the amounts downgraded overnight. 12-16" when I went to bed and 6-8" now from a forecast I watch other than John's.
    mspease, I am not trying to poke a stick in anyone's eye here, but I am asking you, as I think you'll know if the Gogebec area grooming group has got their problems corrected, and are providing good grooming once again? We had been going there for so many, many years, however had to give up on the area several years back due to just horrendous, bad trail conditions. It's not possible to enjoy a trip with conditions like that. Again, no harm to anyone intended!

Although I've had mostly good luck in that area over the years, I heard many positive things about last year, both from riders and businesses in the area, and we had pretty good trails every day we were up there. I think I heard they had all new equipment last year, which always helps too. I think much more attention is being given to the grooming up there. I may be wrong, but I also think some younger blood has gotten involved, and that is a plus IMO! Many of the groomer drivers I saw last year were much younger.

A lot of the issues are they need cold weather. With so many swamps they cant get all the trails groomed and puts more pressure on other ways to get in. I ride during the week and usually good.

I don't know whether to be happy or sad about this report.

Today is the first day of the 2019-2020 snowmobile season. Groomers in al the area clubs have been hitting it hard to get trails in good shape. There is still work being done – so if you are riding - - use caution and ride at your own risk. We got about 8+” inches and there’s more in the forecast today. Cold temps all next week – so we have a start to the season.
    This is what Gogebic Area Grooming has open thus far:

• Trail 13 south - From trail 8 to trail 2 is broke open.
    • Trail 1 from Bergland to White Pine is broken open.
    • Trail 100 is broke open from FS8800 to 100
    • Trail 13 north is broke open from Bergland to Trail 101 intersection.
    • Trail 8 to Ewen was packed and little thin next to the fields.
    • And trail 102 will be broken open on Dec 1.

Note from groomers: *The biggest Pain in our a*% trail, is Trail 8 west from Merriweather to tula is a talk every year. * Note to all, a ditch is between the trail and the highway. The closer to the woods the higher the ground is. We are getting sleds to pack the trail so we can hopefully get a groomer though it.
    Also the more traffic on that trail the faster our groomers can get on it. The sleds freeze the trail to keep us above water.
    Be sure to give right of way to our Groomers and please consider supporting the clubs where your ride! We owe our great times to these guys who should the heavy load! Thank you to our Groomers and thank you to all who visit and support the Lake Gogebic Area!

Thank you for all the updates and info!

Thanks for all the updates, love this area. Any tracks on the lake yet ��

Minocqua area alot of open water everywhere

Seen video posted on FB of 102 from yesterday. Looking good.

Quote Originally Posted by fireworks View Post
    Seen video posted on FB of 102 from yesterday. Looking good.
    Can you share the video?

Looks like fun and what a great start they are off to! Should be a great Christmas and New Years for the businesses up there for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by ss440 View Post
    Thanks for all the updates, love this area. Any tracks on the lake yet ��
    Looks like one track so far...sled was sitting outside of the Hoop.
    By my record it was a ski doo so that leaves me to believe it was Mark from Timberline!

It has to be Mark. I was just going to start a thread today asking when he would make the annual run out on the lake in front of the Hoop!

Made the trip up today. Figured I’d throw in what we had. Unloaded in Marenisco and headed NW on 2. Trail has been rolled and in decent shape. As stated it’s early season and there are a handful of wet spots. I cut a few branches off the trail that would’ve definitely got someone’s attention had they hit em. Reports on FB had said 8 was busted through and as stated above here Gogebic Area was lookin for sleds to pack down their section so they could hopefully get through. So why not check it out right? From 2 to Tula Creek has had a fair amount of sled traffic so it’s not too bad. Once you cross over Hwy 2 it’s a ditch bang for about 3-4 miles then you quickly notice everyone turned around and there’s no traffic from that point forward. There’s a little stream with an approach a crossover or mountain sled could clear if they hit it. I wasn’t about to make the GF attempt that today! Considering it’s 12/2 the clubs have done a decent job trying to bust their butts to get trails ready. Just thought I’d pass what we had along today!

Friday, December 6th

Gogebic Area Grooming received new equipment this week and have been out breaking trails! We have cold temps and plenty of snow in the forecast – a great recipe for our early season riders!

Trails 13 North and South got hit yesterday! The drag went up 13 North and Marenisco’s Groomer went South on 13 breaking trails once more. Trail 100 and 102 also got hit yesterday.
    Trail 8W between Bergland and Wakefield is wet as usual. If you cross the trail to the ditch, your going to swim..... Would advised only paddle track sleds to break trail at this time on 8W. Also if you ride the shoulder of the road, expect a ticket... We are going to try to break trail very soon.... We need some cold weather first to freeze it up and anticipate if should be in good shape by next weekend.
    Trail 8E: is open but it sure is ride at your own risk!
    Trail 102: there is a new reroute about 4 miles before trail 11. The trail is marked well and the reroute was a very nice turn out. (Temporary Re-Route)
    Past the Root Cellar, there is more logging. You will have to travel on East Shore Rd approximately 2 mile further then before to get back onto trail 13. A new reroute will take place. Please follow the signs marked 13. (Permanent Re-Route for the 2019-2020 Season).
    Trail 100: Logging is happening between Stagecouch Rd and the Slate River (very end of Lake Gogebic) Marshall Creek Bridge has been fixed so you can get to Marenisco from trail 100. (Permanent for 2019-2020 season)
    Trail 1 from Trail 100 to Trail 8: Closed until further notice as logging is taking place until the end of December.
    Looking forward to seeing everyone - and thanks for your support of Gogebic Area Grooming!

Thank you for the report

Quote Originally Posted by fireworks View Post
    Thank you for the report
    X2

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Lodge View Post
    Friday, December 6th
    Trail 1 from Trail 100 to Trail 8: Closed until further notice as logging is taking place until the end of December.
    Thanks for the continued updates, much appreciated.

DNR maps show a new trail 1 heading west from the Lodge and then north to trail 8 (hugging the USFS border). Is this something still in progress (ie DNR jumped gun posting) or is it open already?

Any updates on the Lake Gogebic area?

Looks like tracks on the lake. Kind of surprised about that

Received over a foot of snow in the last day and still snowing. Groomers have been out breaking through all trails. 2 days of work on 1 S from Marenisco to Bergland on West Shore. Great effort and accomplishments. Still a few wet spots on 8w, but filling in. Riders all reporting good to excellent and nothing major to report at this time. Still loggin on 13S past Root Cellar and several re-routes that were reported at start of the season. Looking good on Lake Gogebic - Gogebic Area Groomers are on top of it for sure. We are looking forward to a great season! Happy Holidays!!!!

Great to hear, sounds like they are working very hard up there! Thanks!

Good news for sure! Keep the updates coming!

Ride from Bergland to Calumet. Most trails were very good!

How's things around there? Can you ride the whole lake? Too slushy after warm up? How's the west side logging and reroute? East side trail?

By Sunday morning there should be 3" of rain on the lake. It's pouring here.

Sucks!

The good news is - that we did not receive all the rain that was forecasted. But we did receive enough to wrech havoc for our groomers and riders. Received over a foot of snow yesterday which would have been much more welcomed had it not been for the w open water areas. It’s still snowing with temps in the high teens which could drop to single digits later today. Let’s hope. Snow is in the forecast daily with a significant (12-24”) forecasted for Jan 4-9.
    Currently:
    • Trail 1 N has some wet spots.
    • Trail 8 between Bergland and Wakefield is CLOSED due to water on the trail. Advised not to ride this trail at all until it freezes. If heading west, take the West shore to Marenisco.
    • Trail 13 North: groomed last night.
    • Trail 8W groomed last night.
    Most of all the trails have some type of water issues. Groomers are out now in Marenisco seeing what needs to be fixed. Use extreme caution while our guys assess and fix. Snow cover is making is more difficult to see water areas. Everyone is doing all they can – please do your part and be smart when out riding.

There’s a bunch of parties here on Lake Gogebic where you can spend New Years twice in two different time zones! Kick of the night on the North Shore and then head it down the lake for some live entertainment at the Gogebic Lodge! Wherever you go, however you get there – please be safe. The New Year is here and we don’t want anything happening to anyone! Look after each other and keep an eye out for anyone who may need assistance.

Also, please consider supporting the clubs where you ride – all these clubs with their groomers and volunteers are turning this white stuff into an amazing playground and it’s a huge effort!

From everyone here in the Lake Gogebic area – we wish you and yours a very HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Thanks to you for the report, and your New Years wishes! Right back at you!

Huge thanks to all the groomer operators and volunteers in the western u.p.!
    Lake Effect Snow, my three favorite words.

Quote Originally Posted by Skylar View Post
    Huge thanks to all the groomer operators and volunteers in the western u.p.!
    X2

Good morning! Winter weather advisory in affect in the Lake Gogebic Area and reports are wide ranged with regard to the amounts of snow we could get. Future forecast is looking good with cold temps and snow daily and groomers should be able to be out nightly for the remainder of the season.

Currently:

• Trail # 1N: Bergland to White Pine. This trail is being groomed nightly and is reported to be good to very good condition. Wet spots have been taken care of!

• Trail # 1S: South towards Marenisco from Trail # 8 (Ethelwood Grade). This trail was packed and groomed and in good condition. Wet spots have been filled in – still use caution.

• Trail # 1 South from Marenisco to Wisconsin Border: This trail is being groomed daily and is reported to be in good to very good condition.

• Trail # 8 East from Bergland to Ewen. This trail is being groomed daily and is reported in very good condition.

• Trail # 8: from Bergland to Wakefield is open and been groomed with two groomers and a drag went down last night. Holes have been filled in – still use caution and thanks to both GAG and GRTA for their efforts to get this fixed for use! Good condition.

• Trail 102 from Bergland to Trail #11, Has been packed down with just the groomer to fill in the wet spots. We will be out daily on this trail to get it back into shape. Good condition.

• Trail # 13 North from Bergland to 101: This trail is being groomed daily and is reported to be in very good condition. Only one semi wet spot but is being filled nightly.

• Trail # 13 south from Bergland to Root Cellar. This section of trail is 90% ridding on East Shore Road. Will advise when this can be opened up.

• As always, ride safe and enjoy our area. Please consider joining a club where you ride and feel free to send us any photos or comments about the trails!

Thanks for the update on trail condition, as I thought Trail 1 was closed going south from T8

thanks again
    Last edited by just_ride; 01-08-2020 at 07:36 AM.

Thanks for the great update! I sure hope they get trail 13 open from Bergland to the Root Cellar since we are staying there. Plus, it's a great trail!!

• Trail # 1S: South towards Marenisco from Trail # 8 (Ethelwood Grade). This trail was packed and groomed and in good condition. Wet spots have been filled in – still use caution

So does this mean that the trail on the west side of lake is open from top of the lake to bottom finally?

Is trail 13 south from the Root Cellar open?

I was there on the 5th, south of the root cellar you could only ride east shore road all the way to the slate river ( bottom of the lake ). Same going north , all the way to where trail 8 is close to east shore road. They did put a new bridge in over the ontonagon river which is really nice. Old one got washed out years ago. Kinda stinks for us on the east side of the lake, but loggers making money trump our recreational activities I get it .

Is trail 13 south from the Root Cellar open?
    Shoot across the lake and
    Use trail 1.....you’ll like it
    rode it today both ways

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by goofy600 View Post
    • Trail # 1S: South towards Marenisco from Trail # 8 (Ethelwood Grade). This trail was packed and groomed and in good condition. Wet spots have been filled in – still use caution

So does this mean that the trail on the west side of lake is open from top of the lake to bottom finally?
    Yes
    I like it.....rode today on way to White Pine
    your good to go!

Am I to take this correctly that almost all of 13 is closed on east side of lake is closed in both directions from root cellar? thought this was supposed to be open all season? , is what it is though. is the lake safe to run from gogebic lodge up to the hoop? would rather run the lake than the road.

13 is open...most is running the road from Trail 8 to Root Cellar then you can pick up the trail somewhere south of Root Cellar
    lots of sleds on lake today.....I'm not saying Lake is safe....just lots of traffic on Lake
    I ran trail 1

13 is closed going north from the root cellar. You can go south. You will be riding next and on east shore road till you get just south of the boat landing (approx 2 miles) where it ducks back in the woods.

Quote Originally Posted by just_ride View Post
    13 is open...most is running the road from Trail 8 to Root Cellar then you can pick up the trail somewhere south of Root Cellar
    lots of sleds on lake today.....I'm not saying Lake is safe....just lots of traffic on Lake
    I ran trail 1
    Thank you just_ride, we stay at root cellar and always liked 13 north from there, can you get onto 1 at gogebic lodge? besides being on other side of lake trail 1 is a bit longer of a jaunt going north than 13 if I remember correctly, but running the lake better than road, just stinks but realize loggers have their season too.

I ran trail 1
    I agree Its tough to just say the lake is safe. You are correct been good traffic on it last couple weeks.

Hello. Sorry to not respond. Busy weekend. 13 S is not open as yet - waiting to hear when that might happen. All other Lake Gogebic Area trails are in good to excellent condition. Jim and Anthony took a day off from working on the bar to get out and ride - they will have an update later. A lot of lake traffic - which you can see from our web cam at www.walleyelodge.com. Mid-week is great and we have "relaxed" rates, plus less traffic! Groomers usually report end of weekend/beginning of week on conditions and then throughout the week as they change. I repost on our web page (www.walleyelodge.com), on FB and several other UP sites, including John Dee. Anything immediate or any updates- best to send an email to marybeth@walleyelodge.com. Thanks for all your comments and checking in. Enjoy the rest of this beautiful weekend - cold temps and snow in next week's forecast! WHO-HOO!

Quote Originally Posted by euphoric1 View Post
    Thank you just_ride, we stay at root cellar and always liked 13 north from there, can you get onto 1 at gogebic lodge? besides being on other side of lake trail 1 is a bit longer of a jaunt going north than 13 if I remember correctly, but running the lake better than road, just stinks but realize loggers have their season too.
    yea, taking trail 1 will be longer going North.... but just leave earlier...or ride faster...

yea, taking trail 1 will be longer going North.... but just leave earlier...or ride faster...
    Right!

Trails have been awesome up here! 200 miles yesterday and at Parkview now heading to Copper Harbor for the night. Come up if you can!

Mark I know you said you were staying at Root Cellar so did you have to run roads out of town or trails or lake?

Rode the lake last week was fine.

Quote Originally Posted by goofy600 View Post
    Mark I know you said you were staying at Root Cellar so did you have to run roads out of town or trails or lake?
    We’ve mostly been taking the lake and have seen absolutely no slush or water. You can go down the road to the south and it’s only 2 miles to get onto the trail. I’ve also heard they’re gonna be opening 13 south from Bergland soon but haven’t heard when. Another option is to go to the south end of the lake take a left on the road and within a mile you’re on trail 100.

Thanks for the info. One last question can you get on the lake at the very south end by the bridge or go around and get on by the park?

Yes south of the lake is fine by the bridge I always remember the picnic table by trail

Yep, no problem getting on the lake on the south end.

Lake Gogebic did the best job of grooming hands down this week. They seem to get out and groom every single trail they cover every day at least once. I want to thank them for doing an excellent job! Below is a screenshot from GroomerTracker from yesterday morning and you can see they covered all of their trails within the last 12 hours and many others did not. Be sure to visit the LG area and support the businesses around there.

GroomerTracker.jpg

Thanks Mark and harvest for info. And I will agree with Mark Lake Gogebic groomers made a big change last year and have really stepped up there game. May even been towards the end of 2 years ago. Especially on the south end around Marenisco when they built a groomer barn and now have groomer parked there. I mostly ride south end so why I know that area has really improved.

Heading up there Thursday, I'm confident I'll have positive things to say about the area......

What's the current status of 13N from 100 to 8 - Road riding or Is the Trail open ?

Heading to Mass City via Marenisco: Trail 13 has been my preferred route in past years vs. Trail 1.

What to do , what to do ..

Quote Originally Posted by parker View Post
    What's the current status of 13N from 100 to 8 - Road riding or Is the Trail open ?

Heading to Mass City via Marenisco: Trail 13 has been my preferred route in past years vs. Trail 1.

according to their MSA report (https://msasnow.org/trail-reports/go...-grooming-inc/) it’s being groomed from 100 to Root. The north half is road riding till logging finishes up which I heard on their Facebook page might be by this upcoming weekend.

mspease noted a few days ago you hop on lake at Root and ride north to Bergland Bay from there if you want.

Lake Gogebic did the best job of grooming hands down this week. They seem to get out and groom every single trail they cover every day at least once. I want to thank them for doing an excellent job! Below is a screenshot from GroomerTracker from yesterday morning and you can see they covered all of their trails within the last 12 hours and many others did not. Be sure to visit the LG area and support the businesses around there.

GroomerTracker.jpg
    Thanks for the good news! We had gave up on that area, but will give it a go! I knew they could do it, if and they wanted to! Great news!

try trail 1 it has been re routed...... nice change

Rode 13 up from 2 to the Root. Good conditions. There are ice heaves on the lake that occurred Saturday. Reports of sleds being launched 30-40 feet. The ride up East Shore drive is not bad. Road has good snow covered on shoulders and good banks to ride. The trail north of the Root is supposed to open next weekend up to 8. North of 8 trail 13 is good, some stretches of fair where it is a little rough. Once north east of 101 it got nice and smooth for most of the rest of way to Mass.

try trail 1 it has been re routed...... nice change
    I second that! Trail 1 is very nice.

Last time ( few years ago ) we rode Trail 1 it used the road side for quite a distance.

So ... Has all that Road Riding on Trail 1 (from 100 to 8 ) been Eliminated ?

GroomerTracker.jpg
    Several clubs like Thunder Riders in Watersmeet and Sno Valley Bruce Crossing are not involved with that app

Both clubs always groom daily unless there is a break down

mrsrb, time to join the majority of the Western UP clubs. Why not show everyone what you have groomed and when? Costs your club nothing, in fact, you get paid per subscription.

mrsrb, time to join the majority of the Western UP clubs. Why not show everyone what you have groomed and when? Costs your club nothing, in fact, you get paid per subscription.
    Wish I had a say in it, majority vote wins.....

Quote Originally Posted by mrsrunningbear View Post
    Wish I had a say in it, majority vote wins.....
    I hear ya! Have those that are against it talk to Mike Olsen up at North country and get his opinion. I love it! Heading out grooming now.

Last time ( few years ago ) we rode Trail 1 it used the road side for quite a distance.

So ... Has all that Road Riding on Trail 1 (from 100 to 8 ) been Eliminated ?
    yes Trail 1 is all through the woods.... couple spur trails to take you to West Shore Resort and one to Fish tales....but we did not take those

yes Trail 1 is all through the woods.... couple spur trails to take you to West Shore Resort and one to Fish tales....but we did not take those
    Thank you !!

The Weather has been quiet, and today’s forecast shows a 50% chance of snow today. Fingers crossed. When John Dee says the weather is quiet – you know it is. Good news is that the temperatures are cold – single digit cold. Trails have been reported to be in good condition. Dave on the South end is just finishing up now and says trails are in good shape and groomers are running daily. Big Bergland news is Trail # 13 from Bergland to the Root Cellar is finally open!

Trail # 1N: from Bergland to Whitepine is being groomed nightly and it is reported to be in good condition.

Trail # 1 South: Towards Marenisco from Trail # 8 (Ethelwood Grade) is being groomed nightly and is reported to be in good condition.

Trail # 1 south from Marenisco to Wisconsin Border is being groomed daily and it is reported to be in good condition.

Trail # 8 East from Bergland to Ewen is being groomed daily and it is reported in good condition.

Trail # 8W: from Bergland to Wakefield. is being groomed nightly and it is reported to be in good condition.

Trail 102 from Bergland to Trail #11 is being groomed nightly and it is reported to be in good condition.

Trail # 13 North from Bergland to 101 is being groomed nightly and it is being reported to be in good condition.

Trail 13 South is open. Groomers broke the trail open yesterday and grooming it today with a drag.

Trail #13 South from 100 to Trail # 2 is reported to be groomed daily and is in good condition.

Trail # 100 South end of Lake Gogebic is reported be groomed daily and is in good condition.

Don’t forget – 2020 Moonshine Riders Poker Run – this Saturday, February 8th. Buy your cards Friday before the event at several Lake Gogebic Area Business. Last card dealt at Gogebic Lodge at 9p.m. central!

Two questions on this area as we will be coming up on the weekend.

1. How is the lake for riding these days? Heard there was a bad ice shove a few weeks ago.
    2. Anything unique or scenic to see in the area? In other areas of the UP, I've been to Bond Falls, Lake of the Clouds, Sturgeon River Gorge, old mines in the Keweenaw, Big Springs, etc. So looking for something on that order.

Thanks.

President’s Weekend was super busy in the Lake Gogebic Area, however, all trails remain in good to excellent condition. The snow we received over the weekend was certainly welcomed, and today we woke up to about 2” of overnight snow. As of noon on Tuesday it’s still snowing and it doesn’t look like it’s letting up anytime soon. C-c-cold below temps move Wednesday, which is perfectly fine considering our forecasted weekend warmup that is looking more favorable on our end as we get closer in. Even if temps get into mid-30’s – they only hover there for a few hours, and the nightly temps are drop into the teens and 20’s, giving groomers an opportunity to get out at night and clean things up. We’ve received almost 140” of snow this season and currently trails have more than a 2’ base. Groomers got this – and they recommend that you just get out and ride early before the snow gets softs and starts moving around.
    • Trail # 1N: from Bergland to Whitepine is being groomed nightly and reported to be in good condition.

• Trail # 1 South: Towards Marenisco from Trail # 8 (Ethelwood Grade) is being groomed nightly and is reported to be in good condition.

• Trail # 1 south from Marenisco to Wisconsin Border is being groomed daily and it is reported to be in good condition.

• Trail # 8 East from Bergland to Ewen is being groomed daily and it is reported in good condition.

• Trail # 8W: from Bergland to Wakefield. is being groomed nightly and it is reported to be in good condition.

• Trail 102 from Bergland to Trail #11 is being groomed nightly and it is reported to be in good condition.

• Trail # 13 North from Bergland to 101 is being groomed nightly and it is being reported to be in good condition.

• Trail 13 South is open, being groomed nightly and reported to be in good to excellent condition.

• Trail #13 South from 100 to Trail # 2 is reported to be groomed daily and is in good to excellent condition.

• Trail # 100 South end of Lake Gogebic is reported be groomed daily and is in good to excellent condition.

A congratulatory shout out to the Team at Timberline Sports who just received 2020 ski-doo NATIONAL DEALER OF THE YEAR! What a great honor for them as well as for all their customers who have helped them to achieve this great status! Who-hoo to Timberline for National Recognition!!

Is the bar at Walleye Lodge open?....although off subject

I tried to reserve a small room for this weekend. Only suites are left.

Things to see in Western UP. Lake of the Clouds north of Bergland. If the south boundary road isn't plowed and you take it all the way to the west side of the Porcupine Mountains there is a waterfall and a bridge to an island that the water splits around. I think it's Presque Isle Falls, but you won't be able to get to it if south boundary road is plowed. Both are north of Bergland. Also Superior Falls, but you might need WI trail pass for that. It's on the boarder of the two states and I think the trail goes into Wisconsin.

Default Availability

Quote Originally Posted by Carbide View Post
    I tried to reserve a small room for this weekend. Only suites are left.
    Hello....please give the office a call at 906-575-3557 and I may be able to help you.....thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

Hello Carbide...did not know if i responded to your message correctly..but please give our office a call at 906-575-3557 and I may be able to assist you! Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

Bar is not open - we do apologize. We will open in May and will be ready for next sled season. It's going to be truly magnificent - worth the wait and we do appreciate all the encouuragement and support. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Lodge View Post
    Hello....please give the office a call at 906-575-3557 and I may be able to help you.....thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

Hello Carbide...did not know if i responded to your message correctly..but please give our office a call at 906-575-3557 and I may be able to assist you! Thank you.
    Thanks but I decided to head to northern MN instead.

Hello from Lake Gogebic where social distancing is why we live and work here! We hope you and your family are healthy and holding up well through the uncertainty surrounding the coronavirus (COVID-19). This pandemic coupled with rapidly deteriorating trails are forcing the final report of our 2020 Snowmobile Season. Gogebic Area Groomers are done grooming, but don’t think for a minute that their job is over as they’ve already started planning and working on next season! With almost 160" of snow this season, Lake Gogebic trails have been amazing all season, and we extend a multitude of thanks to our hard-working, dedicated team. We are certainly fortunate for their efforts as well as the those of all surrounding clubs.

We also owe a debt of gratitude to all our loyal guests and customers, as without their continued support, we wouldn’t even exist! On behalf of Gogebic Area Grooming, all our local area businesses, employees, residents and volunteers – we shout out a HUGE “thank you” for making the Lake Gogebic Area your home away from home! We know that you have a choice of where to ride and spend your vacation time, and we appreciate that you choose our beautiful region! We hope that your time here was special and that you took home memories that will make great stories for years to come (some stories better than others!).

Gogebic Area Groomers have projects going on throughout the year, and we encourage (need) people to get involved. We ask you to be a part of our efforts with a sponsorship of $30 for a single membership, $50 for a family membership and $125 for a business membership. These can be sent to “Gogebic Area Grooming” at “P.O. Box 409, Bergland, MI 49910”. We appreciate all donations/sponsorship and we will do our part in communicating our goals, efforts and accomplishments back to you.

While you and your families may be confined to your homes right now – it’s a great time to start planning your next vacation. Please keep the Lake Gogebic Area in mind as it is a great place to visit year-round. From fishing to hiking, ATV’ing, waterfall touring, swimming, boating, kayaking, camping and more – we’ve got it all! I know if you call all any of our local area businesses, that they will be happy to help you plan your next family vacation or fishing trip!

Well, that’s it for now folks – this season was a great one and we have been blessed. For the moment we are just staying home, staying positive and looking forward to a brighter tomorrow. While the tourism industry is taking a huge hit, we will get through this and be will emerge better and stronger!

Until next season, this is Jim, Mary Beth and Anthony from AJ’s Walleye Lodge wishing you and your loved one’s peace and good health as we navigate together through these unchartered waters. We won’t say good-bye -we’ll just say that we’ll “see you when we see you next”! All the very best…. stay well friends….

When will your new place be open ??