Default Can for Polaris 850

Which can is better in your opinion? Jaws or GGB? I ran GGB last year and it made my sled bog down. Never had that issue before. Will be Running the Jaws next weekend hopefully itís better.
    https://youtu.be/5BIriPDQL4M

Do you have a box of popcorn nearby?

yeah, he got the boys over on HCS all fired up w/ this .....can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Zacl216 View Post
    Which can is better in your opinion? Jaws or GGB? I ran GGB last year and it made my sled bog down. Never had that issue before. Will be Running the Jaws next weekend hopefully it’s better.
    Leave it alone, the only gain you will get from mod can is less weight, noise, and maybe a ticket to pay.

“We are continuing to get numerous complaints from the public about loud sleds,” said Ron Yesney, Upper Peninsula trails coordinator for the DNR’s Parks and Recreation Division in Marquette. “We’re looking to riders to help us curb this ongoing problem.”

“Enforcement efforts are necessary, but our long-term goal is to gain voluntary compliance from riders,” Yesney said. “Mountain, trail and race cans are strongly discouraged. Loud sleds give snowmobilers a bad name and give those opposed to motorized sports a voice.”

Which can is better in your opinion? Jaws or GGB? I ran GGB last year and it made my sled bog down. Never had that issue before. Will be Running the Jaws next weekend hopefully it’s better.
    Love the vid of you and your dad "rippin up the field" with an inch of snow on your Pro rmk....

Hallock MN. 20 miles south of Canada - 10 miles east of ND.

In my opinion you are dumber than a box of hair.

Funny how we get older and we say different things...I remember having a can and now I cannot stand them living next to a place that sees hundreds of sleds a day....Somebody can go on about the law and tickets but around here they are afraid to write tickets or they would be writing them all day..

Quote Originally Posted by grub View Post
    In my opinion you are dumber than a box of hair.
    In my opinion, that is a personal attack and is not necessary!

Slednecks sweatshirt. check. annoying trail closing can. check. no respect for the work that we do to keep our trails. check. The only thing i see missing is the monster sticker. Has to be a monster sticker on there somewhere.... Keep it stock young grasshopper. Keep it stock.

This young man does not care one bit about how loud his sled is. All he cares about is his youtube vids, and how many times he touches his hair in his youtube vids. I'd tell you to go watch his vids, and make your own decision, but, that is exactly what he wants, more hits, more money to be made.
    Lake Effect Snow, my three favorite words.

loud can = small p#nis

Guys/Gals- If we wish to offer advice do so in a constructive manner. If he simply wants YT hits. Squash it by not posting and send it to the bottom of forum.

Will you ever respond to everyone who comments on these things? I give up my Saturdays in the fall and spring to mark trails in my area and stay involved in the sport so that people in our 20s like you and me can continue to have fun for years. If you had land and were doing it there fine, but its in the backyard of Chicago suburbs where majority of people don't even know what two stroke means.

If you want a good channel go watch CBoysTV
    Last edited by SledTL; 12-06-2019 at 02:07 PM.

If it’s breaking the law take down this post

I love the sound of the cans when everyone is sitting at the pump waiting to fuel up with their machines off, and that one guy who is standing on his brap'n the throttle waiting his turn! lol....it gets even better when someone outside his group walks up and turns off his machine for him and shouts to knock it off! lol....with that being said, get the one that's LOUDER!!!!

Here is a constructive answer. Get a DiamondS and you have the benefit of the lightest can on the market, claimed small increase hp, and stockish noise levels. Oh and they look really nice too...

I took a day off of work yesterday to go and cut and bunch of trees and brush off of my miles and miles of trails. This is on top of the many days on the weekends to do dirt work and put in bridges. Then in the spring I undo the whole process. I am just one of many guys in our club that dedicate time and effort so that ** like you can ruin it. I am happy to see the comments on the video. All of them calling you a tool. Sorry for my tone but yesterday sucked balls. Two tanks of gas through that chainsaw. I was shot when I got home. Then I see a post like this. Could someone just do us all a favor and delete this thread?
    Last edited by mspease; 12-07-2019 at 09:49 AM.

Can’t believe I wasted a few minutes of my life watching that.

I read on here or somewhere.. that loud cans save lives b/c you can hear incoming well in advance of seeing them.

I’m a off trail rider, the last thing I want is to draw attention to myself . I have found so many new spots because of fellow riders with their loud cans. Loose lips sink ships. I wish my sled was silent.

Here is your wish
    https://sleddermag.com/taiga-motors-ekko-announced/

No belt no gas no oil but still too heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by gogebic_sledder View Post
    Iím a off trail rider, the last thing I want is to draw attention to myself . I have found so many new spots because of fellow riders with their loud cans. Loose lips sink ships. I wish my sled was silent.

Its too bad stock can't be replaced with something lighter.

Quote Originally Posted by sandylake View Post
    its too bad stock can't be replaced with something lighter.

- - - Updated - - -

I think young Zak has a passion for sledding and a real "flare" as well. Like it or not we need to keep the kids (even the likes of him) interested and eventually they will become like us old guards.. ..today's instant reactation to videos is just another hurdle.
    I would like to hear what his dad thinks though.
    Pretty sure he is the reason Zac is a sledder...
    .and the money man.

Quote Originally Posted by fireworks View Post
    Guys/Gals- If we wish to offer advice do so in a constructive manner. If he simply wants YT hits. Squash it by not posting and send it to the bottom of forum.
    X2!

Quote Originally Posted by old abe View Post
    x2!
    lmao

- - - Updated - - -

BTW.....What's the loudest light can I can put on my Stihl farm boss to maximize performance while brushing the trails?

I did have a logger tell me where I could drill holes in the cover on the muffler for my stihl 461 / 660 , thier loud enuf plus I don’t want them to blow up, he did say they’ll have way more powerv

Quote Originally Posted by rp7x View Post
    I did have a logger tell me where I could drill holes in the cover on the muffler for my stihl 461 / 660 , thier loud enuf plus I don’t want them to blow up, he did say they’ll have way more powerv
    Yeh, mine seems to have an epa bog.

Spot on I feel the same....Great post

Quote Originally Posted by snobuilder View Post
    Yeh, mine seems to have an epa bog.
    EPA bog is actually shutter carburetor bog, want a saw that performs better.... models with C-M designation....coil controlled carburetor....readjusts itself 7 times a second. Have to laugh about drilling holes in muffler, noise does not equate power. Only problem with C-M... if you don't have the $900 interface kit and a laptop, there is nothing you can do for saw when there is an issue, and no you cannot remap processor in it.

I am all for a good rumble at almost stock sound levels when used with respect. However the Jaws Rowdy and GGB Mountain can really have no business being in the midwest. By law they are illegal and some of the loudest out there. You pull up to a gas pump and everyone looks right? Most people are thinking, ***...

*cares less about these comments or sledding. in it for the youtube clicks and follows.

Ttt