Default New sled prices! Yuk!

Hi Guys,
    You know me as a bargain hunter, WELL THERE ARE NO BARGAINS TODAY!

With the big snows and no rebates you better keep what you got.

Got a price for a friend from my Doo network of guys and am told inventory is already low as guys are SPENDING BIG!
    This is actually a good year for us snow-checkers as long as there is no mid-winter meltdown.

Run what ya brung, Bear

Ya I also noticed that. Had an itch about a month ago. I got three years of warranty left. I am in no hurry.

Price of used sleds isn't any better either lol

I will have a slightly used Viper in March 12,000 miles and 2.5 years of warranty left. Taking deposits now so beat the rush

Quote Originally Posted by 1fujifilm View Post
    Hi Guys,

Got a price for a friend from my Doo network of guys and am told inventory is already low as guys are SPENDING BIG!
    This is actually a good year for us snow-checkers as long as there is no mid-winter meltdown.

Run what ya brung, Bear
    Getting a 18 pro s es 8 for 8200 plus WI tax and 99 in paperwork wasn't to shabby eh?

Glad you are able to justify your wasteful spring order cost....LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by harvest1121 View Post
    I will have a slightly used Viper in March 12,000 miles and 2.5 years of warranty left. Taking deposits now so beat the rush
    Lol.👍👍
    2016 Renegade X 800 taking offers end of January. 2 windshields and 2 up seat also. 😆

Quote Originally Posted by snobuilder View Post
    Getting a 18 pro s es 8 for 8200 plus WI tax and 99 in paperwork wasn't to shabby eh?

Glad you are able to justify your wasteful spring order cost....LOL.
    Yes, that Kens deal was nice!

Bear

I can tell you this...working at a dealership, used sleds, especially certain model do not last long.. we have very few used sleds..the newer 600 ETEC's, and 900 Ace sleds especially go quick...had a low mileage Blizzard 600 R come in monday, it sold by Wednesday, and a 2016 600 HO TNT sold two hours after the guy dropped it off...we can't keep them on the lot, we are almost sold out of all our used stuff..it's crazy.

My 2 cents... sleds have been over priced for quite some time... the 2017 I have will be the last new sled I will ever purchase, wont get into how I ended up with it but would be a cold day in you know where before I would ever spend that kind of money on a toy, even though I love the sport and have been doing so for 40 years, I love the sport but not that much. It doesn't stop at the sled either, you have clothing, trailer, tow vehicle and a place to stay if you want to go up north. With most of the world living day to day as far as finances go, if todays gen never exposed to or raised in the sport im sure the cost of it is a real deterrent to even trying it. Until my 2017 other than one I purchased in 1995 I have ridden used sleds and kept some for more that 10 years and got same enjoyment out of the sport as I do on the new one, have always bought left over clothing and deals whenever I can find them. Even if I had the disposable income I would probably still do the same. just my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by euphoric1 View Post
    My 2 cents... sleds have been over priced for quite some time... the 2017 I have will be the last new sled I will ever purchase, wont get into how I ended up with it but would be a cold day in you know where before I would ever spend that kind of money on a toy, even though I love the sport and have been doing so for 40 years, I love the sport but not that much. It doesn't stop at the sled either, you have clothing, trailer, tow vehicle and a place to stay if you want to go up north. With most of the world living day to day as far as finances go, if todays gen never exposed to or raised in the sport im sure the cost of it is a real deterrent to even trying it. Until my 2017 other than one I purchased in 1995 I have ridden used sleds and kept some for more that 10 years and got same enjoyment out of the sport as I do on the new one, have always bought left over clothing and deals whenever I can find them. Even if I had the disposable income I would probably still do the same. just my thoughts.
    I agree prices are out of hand bought my leftover 2017 Viper Ltx Le for $10200 its ridiculous what they cost now might run this for the life of the warranty unless something comes out and reasonable.

Good paying jobs build this stuff. They can't sell stuff cheap with their type of overhead and it's a lot cheaper than doing drugs Never seen a brinks following a hurst. Sleds have never been cheap when compared to wages for most people. Life is short, have fun and enjoy it. If you worry about all the little details it will eat you alive

Neenah, Wisconsin. About 30 minutes south of Green Bay's Lambeau Field.

Just for the sake of comparison.

Cost of a new home: $26,600.00

Median Household Income:
    $7,743.00

Cost of a gallon of regular gas:
    $0.34

Our first family snowmobile cost $795

(...And yes, Dad thought that was too much back then but he wrote the check anyway.)
    Last edited by gary_in_neenah; 12-07-2019 at 05:59 PM.

so true , new sled prices are out of hand !!

What toy isn't?? Check out new boat prices........ugh wow. Surf boats just crazy.

Personally I think it's good to see. The dealers need to move inventory to stay in business. We went to trackside last weekend and they were selling sleds. This kind of start is just what the sport needed.

Quote Originally Posted by maddogg View Post
    Price of used sleds isn't any better either lol
    I noticed today that Francis Creek, WI still has some new 2014 Cat's in stock plus about 30 other NOS Cat's.
    If Doo and Poo are selling out the 2020's, the old Cat stuff should sell by default; if not, Cat is in big trouble.

Bear

I agree with your comment. The sled I just bought will be my last new one - ever. And Iíve never paid over $10 Gís for a sled and never will - ever. Prices are ridiculous. Had to drive to MN to get my last one. Only place I could get my price.

Quote Originally Posted by kip View Post
    Good paying jobs build this stuff. They can't sell stuff cheap with their type of overhead and it's a lot cheaper than doing drugs Never seen a brinks following a hurst. Sleds have never been cheap when compared to wages for most people. Life is short, have fun and enjoy it. If you worry about all the little details it will eat you alive
    Yeah yeah yeah , easy to say when itís someone elseís money, right!
    Get real.

Quote Originally Posted by gary_in_neenah View Post
    Just for the sake of comparison.

Cost of a new home: $26,600.00

Median Household Income:
    $7,743.00

Cost of a gallon of regular gas:
    $0.34

Our first family snowmobile cost $795

(...And yes, Dad thought that was too much back then but he wrote the check anyway.)
    theres no way cost home was 28k..more like 10k..my parents first home in 1967 was 8k..regular avg home

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by byr 13 View Post
    so true , new sled prices are out of hand !!
    whats with u people..

lets compare worth vs price..

besides computers and electronics..what has advanced priced per dollar better than sleds..think back..wasnt more than 12 yrs ago we were sitting on washboards with skis

the technology has been worth every penny..especially the rear suspension for me..

so cry all u want..go find your old used rackboards..for me modern only and worth every penny

see u soon kip

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus_Driver View Post
    Yeah yeah yeah , easy to say when it’s someone else’s money, right!
    Get real.
    pretty disrespectful dude..i am sure u know who u r resonding to

Quote Originally Posted by POLARISDAN View Post
    theres no way cost home was 28k..more like 10k..my parents first home in 1967 was 8k..regular avg home

- - - Updated - - -

whats with u people..

lets compare worth vs price..

besides computers and electronics..what has advanced priced per dollar better than sleds..think back..wasnt more than 12 yrs ago we were sitting on washboards with skis

the technology has been worth every penny..especially the rear suspension for me..

so cry all u want..go find your old used rackboards..for me modern only and worth every penny

see u soon kip

- - - Updated - - -

pretty disrespectful dude..i am sure u know who u r resonding to
    Does this mean we wonít be taking long warm showers to the wee hours of the AM?
    LOL! Sleep well

Can't put a price on fun!!

The bottom line is that new sled prices wouldn't be unreasonable, if they were actually unreasonable. None of us have to buy them, and as is always pointed out, you don't need to spend a lot of money to enjoy snowmobiling. I can take a few month's equivalent of my cell phone, cable, and internet bills and by a pretty decent used sled. lol

None of us a bat an eye scratching a check for the amount people spent on a house payment back in the day, just to use a phone, watch TV, or argue on JD.

Do I like the fact that my last new sled (2019) was about 2X the cost of my first new sled (2002)? Nope. When I compare the 2, I'm more likely to conclude the 2002 was overpriced. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus_Driver View Post
    Yeah yeah yeah , easy to say when it’s someone else’s money, right!
    Get real.
    so true , it's always easier !!

Meh. Everything is expensive, cars, trucks, tractors, boats, motorcycles, houses, food, gas etc. People buy what they can afford.
    Lake Effect Snow, my three favorite words.

I see some new truck prices @ $80k now. That is crazy.

Hallock MN. 20 miles south of Canada - 10 miles east of ND.

Quote Originally Posted by Skylar View Post
    Meh. Everything is expensive, cars, trucks, tractors, boats, motorcycles, houses, food, gas etc. People buy what they can afford.
    Pretty much. Cigarettes and a four year college degree in humanities are really expensive too. Also air fare to anywhere except Las Vegas is out of hand. If you really want to get drilled go to a pro sports game. Even dying is not cheap. So there is no way out.

And some people can't afford what they buy.

Definitely expensive! Purchased a new 2020 Polaris Assault 850, cost was high but I got a lot more for my used sled than I thought. I saved for it, worked hard for it and could afford it.....rode it this weekend and haven’t stopped smiling. I am 42 and it’s the first sled, boat, car, truck, house, 4 wheeler, etc....that I have ever purchased new. It was worth it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by durphee View Post
    Definitely expensive! Purchased a new 2020 Polaris Assault 850, cost was high but I got a lot more for my used sled than I thought. I saved for it, worked hard for it and could afford it.....rode it this weekend and haven’t stopped smiling. I am 42 and it’s the first sled, boat, car, truck, house, 4 wheeler, etc....that I have ever purchased new. It was worth it for me.
    Good choice durphee! I'm happy for you and so glad it was worth it for you. Should be a great season of riding!! Let's see a picture. What color did you get?

Quote Originally Posted by dothedoo View Post
    The bottom line is that new sled prices wouldn't be unreasonable, if they were actually unreasonable. None of us have to buy them, and as is always pointed out, you don't need to spend a lot of money to enjoy snowmobiling. I can take a few month's equivalent of my cell phone, cable, and internet bills and by a pretty decent used sled. lol

None of us a bat an eye scratching a check for the amount people spent on a house payment back in the day, just to use a phone, watch TV, or argue on JD.

Do I like the fact that my last new sled (2019) was about 2X the cost of my first new sled (2002)? Nope. When I compare the 2, I'm more likely to conclude the 2002 was overpriced. lol

well said

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mspease View Post
    Good choice durphee! I'm happy for you and so glad it was worth it for you. Should be a great season of riding!! Let's see a picture. What color did you get?
    its green like money..like the overpriced piece of crap he bought...hahaha..not..its a stunning piece of modern tech and worth every nickel..

Quote Originally Posted by POLARISDAN View Post
    well said

- - - Updated - - -

its green like money..like the overpriced piece of crap he bought...hahaha..not..its a stunning piece of modern tech and worth every nickel..
    Hi P.D.,
    Can you update your post in the "Ride Board" section, we wan't to know when you are going up and where.

Bear

The manufacturer rebates are controlled by the previous winter and the economy. Last winter was a good one, and the economy is doing well. In turn, prices are high unfortunately. Oh well gotta pay to play! Don’t like it don’t buy one.

All this talk about it costing too much, blah blah. I get it toys are expensive, Period... but someone once told me that money is no good until you turn it into fun. That being said life is short, so go out and have a little fun.

Quote Originally Posted by indy_500 View Post
    The manufacturer rebates are controlled by the previous winter and the economy. Last winter was a good one, and the economy is doing well. In turn, prices are high unfortunately. Oh well gotta pay to play! Don’t like it don’t buy one.
    YES, YES, YES, YES!
    Good explanation I/500.

I logged in to clarify further that "sled prices are higher at this time in the annual cycle of prices than any year I can remember"
    Additionally, to clarify further, incentives to buy are poop keeping prices high.

We will see if that stays status-quo (no, not quid pro-quo) as of February 1, 2020. The past three years Doo has offered a $2,000 rebate to buy an in-season new 850 sled. Not likely without a big melt of snow.

Bear

It’s good I hope dealers sell out this year good for the economy.

Hi P.D.,
    Can you update your post in the "Ride Board" section, we wan't to know when you are going up and where.

Bear
    ill be UP jan and feb..durphee will be 2nd so let us know what your doing..i looked at it last nite first time in forever..stay in touch and ill update it

Not a lot of Cat guys around here, but on Cat’s this year there are better deals to be had on 2020’s that weren’t picked up than on 2018 and 2019 non-currrents.

I just bought a 2020 8000 for roughly the same price that a 2019 6000 version of the same sled is being asked for at most dealers right now. It’s completely insane, at least on the Cat side of things. Let’s see... a 2020 for $3K off, or a 2018 or 2019 for $1K off? Tough choice! Or Snow Check a 2021 for less than the same thing in a 2018 or 2019 non-current? For real?

Textron has got AC so screwed up they can’t see the forest for the trees. Gotta be hellish to be a Cat dealer... what’s left of them.
    Last edited by ICT Sledder; 12-10-2019 at 09:53 AM.

Hi Guys,

Run what ya brung, Bear
    Alright Dealers, simmer down!
    In case you didn't notice all the snow south of the Mason/Dixon Line has melted.
    https://northernwi.craigslist.org/sn...045171067.html

Bear

Quote Originally Posted by Skylar View Post
    My 1952 Ford 8n tractor does everything I need to do on my farm.
    No need to upgrade to a fancy 70ís model lol.