Neenah, Wisconsin is about 40 miles south of Green Bay's Lambeau Field.

Default The Packers & Bears Game

I thought I'd throw this up on the board for discussion this weekend. The Packers and Bears meet for the 200th time so it's kind of a milestone. Monsters of the Midway....the Frozen Tundra...Halas and Lombardi, the list goes on and on. I don't recall the coldest game I've been to but I've been to some cold ones at Lambeau. I was at the Snow Bowl back in 85 when only 19,856 braved the elements. Then I ran across the following article in Fox Business and I gotta ask myself are we getting soft? Of course the national media probably hasn't sniffed Lambeau or Green Bay so 17 degrees must sound like Armegeddon to them. Heck, at 17 degrees here in Wisconsin we have our last cookout before it gets cold, maybe throw on a flannel shirt. I dunno, read the story for yourself and then post your own thoughts. The Pack is favored by 5 and that sounds about right to me.

Fox Business News;
    The Green Bay Packers are sending their fans to the concessions stands at Lambeau Field in a bid to fight off extreme cold temperatures forecasted for Sunday’s game against the Chicago Bears.

Weather forecasts call for below-freezing temperatures for scheduled kickoff time at noon on Sunday, creating a potentially dangerous situation for Packers fans. The temperature is expected to hit a high of 17 degrees with a wind chill factor of eight degrees.

The Packers will offer free hot beverages to attendees as part of their annual “Fan Appreciation Game.” Fans have the option of receiving free Kwik Trip hot chocolate or free hot cider at select locations around Lambeau Field.

Under normal circumstances, hot chocolate and hot cider each cost $5 per cup at Lambeau Field. The team offered the deal in tandem with their concessions partner, Delaware North. The giveaway is limited to two free hot drinks per customer.

In addition, the Packers are allowing fans to carry extra blankets or unzipped sleeping bags to the stadium to stay warm.

In order to prevent hypothermia or frostbite, the Packers cited tips from Bellin Health advising fans to wear loose, dry layers of clothing, as well as a waterproof layer of outerwear. Attendees are told to drink hot beverages, avoid excessive alcohol consumption and watch for warning signs of hypothermia in frostbite in themselves and others.

Quote Originally Posted by gary_in_neenah View Post
    I thought I'd throw this up on the board for discussion this weekend. The Packers and Bears meet for the 200th time so it's kind of a milestone. Monsters of the Midway....the Frozen Tundra...Hallas and Lombardi, the list goes on and on. I don't recall the coldest game I've been to but I've been to some cold ones at Lambeau. I was at the Snow Bowl back in 85 when only 19,856 braved the elements. Then I ran across the following article in Fox Business and I gotta ask myself are we getting soft? Of course the national media probably hasn't sniffed Lambeau or Green Bay so 17 degrees must sound like Armegeddon to them. Heck, at 17 degrees here in Wisconsin we have our last cookout before it gets cold, maybe throw on a flannel shirt. I dunno, read the story for yourself and then post your own thoughts. The Pack is favored by 5 and that sounds about right to me.

Fox Business News;
    The Green Bay Packers are sending their fans to the concessions stands at Lambeau Field in a bid to fight off extreme cold temperatures forecasted for Sunday’s game against the Chicago Bears.

Weather forecasts call for below-freezing temperatures for scheduled kickoff time at noon on Sunday, creating a potentially dangerous situation for Packers fans. The temperature is expected to hit a high of 17 degrees with a wind chill factor of eight degrees.

The Packers will offer free hot beverages to attendees as part of their annual “Fan Appreciation Game.” Fans have the option of receiving free Kwik Trip hot chocolate or free hot cider at select locations around Lambeau Field.

Under normal circumstances, hot chocolate and hot cider each cost $5 per cup at Lambeau Field. The team offered the deal in tandem with their concessions partner, Delaware North. The giveaway is limited to two free hot drinks per customer.

In addition, the Packers are allowing fans to carry extra blankets or unzipped sleeping bags to the stadium to stay warm.

In order to prevent hypothermia or frostbite, the Packers cited tips from Bellin Health advising fans to wear loose, dry layers of clothing, as well as a waterproof layer of outerwear. Attendees are told to drink hot beverages, avoid excessive alcohol consumption and watch for warning signs of hypothermia in frostbite in themselves and others.
    The Pack opened as 7 point favorites last Sunday but that has been whittled down to 4.5 favorites due to money coming in on the Bears.

Da Bears still suck, Da Bears still suck, doo da, doo da; OOPS; did I say that out loud?

Based on the love on this board for living in IL ain't that great either.

Rod Munch, what a buffoon; who the heck elected that guy?

Bear

This one's been around a few years but they did a nice job with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6ZkkViQ9gw

Here you go^^

- - - Updated - - -

i'm PUUUUUUUMPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ....PA-PA-PA-PA-PA-PA-PA-PACKERFACE!!!!!!!

That article was nothing more than a plug for their sponsors.

I'm going Christmas shopping, no body will be out.

Quote Originally Posted by renegade View Post
    That article was nothing more than a plug for their sponsors.
    Maybe so, and a guy with a flask that can compliment that cider could make himself a killing!

You’ll see a lot of blaze orange deer hunting suits in the stands. Nothing colder than sitting quietly in a tree stand in cold weather and not seeing a deer for days. There will always be a few Yahoos bare chested in the stands especially if the Packers route the Bears. Bears lose and their season is done and if Mitch stinks again it maybe his end too.

Maybe so, and a guy with a flask that can compliment that cider could make himself a killing!
    I like that kind of thinking !

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by whitedust View Post
    You’ll see a lot of blaze orange deer hunting suits in the stands. Nothing colder than sitting quietly in a tree stand in cold weather and not seeing a deer for days. There will always be a few Yahoos bare chested in the stands especially if the Packers route the Bears. Bears lose and their season is done and if Mitch stinks again it maybe his end too.
    And I agree white dust, this game will have consequences for the Bears more than the Pack. If Packers lose they can still come back and best the Vikes and they’re still making playoffs. For the Bears, it has season and next season implications!

Phoenix, AZ (Displaced Yooper with family connections in Houghton, Ontonagon & Marquette counties.)

Quote Originally Posted by whitedust View Post
    You’ll see a lot of blaze orange deer hunting suits in the stands. Nothing colder than sitting quietly in a tree stand in cold weather and not seeing a deer for days. …
    Tree stand(s)???
    You call that hunting?
    Wussies!

"… and not seeing a deer for days."?

Of course not! Ya gots ta git off yerasses and find them [sic] deers [sic], by searchin' em out on foot, carefully, quietly hoofin' it thru da bush lookin' fer deer sign 'til ya find one. Like ol' Dan'l Boone. Like we yoosta do it along the Middle Branch of the Ontonagon River in the Ottawa National Forest 'round Bruce Crossing. That'll keep ya warm!

And if ya do that enough you'll learn where they hang out.

Quote Originally Posted by frnash View Post
    Tree stand(s)???
    You call that hunting?
    Wussies!

"… and not seeing a deer for days."?

Of course not! Ya gots ta git off yerasses and find them [sic] deers [sic], by searchin' em out on foot, carefully, quietly hoofin' it thru da bush lookin' fer deer sign 'til ya find one. Like ol' Dan'l Boone. Like we yoosta do it along the Middle Branch of the Ontonagon River in the Ottawa National Forest 'round Bruce Crossing. That'll keep ya warm!

And if ya do that enough you'll learn where they hang out.
    screwdat..wuld rather play huntin with brewskis and da bow inda stand..work hard enuf to be chasin dem bastas round

7 a.m. local time in Green Bay, it's 8 degrees with a -8 for a Wind Chill. Let the the Tundra be Frozen!

7 a.m. local time in Green Bay, it's 8 degrees with a -8 for a Wind Chill. Let the the Tundra be Frozen!
    and alla da swamps as well for us sledders

What does this have to do with these teams???

Quote Originally Posted by pinestump View Post
    What does this have to do with these teams???
    Which off topic is bothering you....deer hunting or frozen swamps?

And also....what new important info did your post add?...lol

The Tundra has been heated for the last 40 years, but don't tell that to the bare armed linemen.

Hallock MN. 20 miles south of Canada - 10 miles east of ND.

The poor Chicago kicker can't kick when it is nice out. Today it will be like kicking a brick.

Can’t wait one team disappoints early in the season and the other will disappoint in the playoffs A win win for me.

The Bears didn't lose that game they just ran out of time. Glad to see the Packers win but the Bears wanted it more.

Pack needs to show better than this, or they won't last long imo. But a win is a win! At least it wasn't a Bears bummer.

A challenge flag from "New York"?...are you all OK with that?

If you score 13 you will never win.... Bears showed their season is over and they suck... one of the biggest disappointments of the nfl this year....The Pack
    did what they had and won!
    Last edited by durphee; 12-15-2019 at 09:15 PM.

Pack was playing with the zebras from the beginning. That punt catch was clearly a terrible call. It was the difference in the game. Bring it on pack! See you next week!!

The Bears didn't lose that game they just ran out of time. Glad to see the Packers win but the Bears wanted it more.
    ur kidding me right..miatch culdnt hit a brick wall..he is an absolute bust..cant read a D..he panicks..he checks off all da time..bustinski

Does anybody know when they shut off the mikes to the QB and D middle linebacker? It almost looked as though Trubisky was getting some info and then changing plays. God knows he isn't smart enough to read a defense by himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    The Tundra has been heated for the last 40 years, but don't tell that to the bare armed linemen.
    Too bad they don't heat the aluminum bleachers the fans sit on too.
    "it's a Festivus miracle, aluminum benches with high tensile strength to hold up the fat asses."

Bear

Quote Originally Posted by grub View Post
    Does anybody know when they shut off the mikes to the QB and D middle linebacker? It almost looked as though Trubisky was getting some info and then changing plays. God knows he isn't smart enough to read a defense by himself.
    Its open until 15 seconds left on the play clock. Same for defense. I saw that too, and they were going no huddle during those plays.

Well then that was exactly what was going on. in addition to keeping the opposing D on the field with no substitutions the no huddle hurry up offense can get up to the line with lots of time before they shut off the communication. You could see him holding his hands to his ear holes so he could hear the mike better. I am sure there is nothing illegal about it but in this case it is to make up for his lack of understanding what he is seeing. He is never going to amount to much. After he gets hit a few times and can't run around anymore he will be largely ineffective. He might have a cannon for an arm but he is dumb.

I think that's by design, I've seen a few college teams doing the same thing. They line up in a base offense then wait for the defense to show it's alignment. Once the defense shows, the coaches call in or signal the play to the QB. At the same time it takes Green Bay the full play clock before they snap and show no urgency. Not sure why.

At the same time it takes Green Bay the full play clock before they snap and show no urgency. Not sure why.
    This drives me nuts, it's like Rogers thinks he is going to get the opposing defense to jump off-sides; works once in a while but I prefer a fast offense that keeps the opposing defense on their toes and unprepared.

Bear

Quote Originally Posted by 1fujifilm View Post
    This drives me nuts, it's like Rogers thinks he is going to get the opposing defense to jump off-sides; works once in a while but I prefer a fast offense that keeps the opposing defense on their toes and unprepared.

Bear
    I agree it seems like its slower this year but, teams do this to make sure they know what the defense is doing. The defense tries to disguise their coverage. You send a guy in motion and you find out what they are doing. Same for blitzing, start the cadence and watch what the linebackers or safeties are doing. Then change the play if need be.

Rodgers is the smartest guy in the room. But his fear of turning the ball over is the issue with the offense. He is passing up wide open receivers to look for one that is open by 10 yards. Rodgers is too cautious recently. I think he is unsure of his ability to rifle the ball into a tight spot since he broke his collarbone.

Quote Originally Posted by srt20 View Post
    I agree it seems like its slower this year but, teams do this to make sure they know what the defense is doing. The defense tries to disguise their coverage. You send a guy in motion and you find out what they are doing. Same for blitzing, start the cadence and watch what the linebackers or safeties are doing. Then change the play if need be.

Rodgers is the smartest guy in the room. But his fear of turning the ball over is the issue with the offense. He is passing up wide open receivers to look for one that is open by 10 yards. Rodgers is too cautious recently. I think he is unsure of his ability to rifle the ball into a tight spot since he broke his collarbone.
    Agree

Brady is still the smartest guy in the room. Has been for years. Still is. Rodgers best naturally talented. Brady smarter. Who has more rings?

Drew Breeze might not have the rings, however, another contender & has been for a long time & will till he's done. Another class act. -Mezz

Quote Originally Posted by srt20 View Post

But his fear of turning the ball over is the issue with the offense. He is passing up wide open receivers to look for one that is open by 10 yards. Rodgers is too cautious recently.
    I couldn't agree more!!!! Which leads to him hanging on ball too long too!!!

Well the idea is to drag your feet in the 8-4 minute zone when yur ahead in the 4th Q and the trailing team won't waste a timeout to stop you. And stats wise I think #12 is in the top 5 of drawing defences offsides in a game....maybe even in the top 1.

Maybe five years ago........

The reality is that there are at least 10 better NFL QBs statistically better than Rodgers. And the rest of the team is below average. Without the obvious reffing advantages they would be 7 and 7. They are going to be destroyed in their first playoff game no matter where it is and no matter who it is.

The reality is that there are at least 10 better NFL QBs statistically better than Rodgers. And the rest of the team is below average. Without the obvious reffing advantages they would be 7 and 7. They are going to be destroyed in their first playoff game no matter where it is and no matter who it is.
    You don't watch a lot of football, I take it?

Statistics are the old way. Its all about the metrics now. Im not going to go into all of them, you can google if you wish, but the Packers WR are in the top 3, maybe even #1 in the league, at being open. I dont recall what Jones' metrics are, but he is rated near the top.

Ever team goes through its favorable and unfavorable calls. Saying that any team is getting referee advantages is just ignorant.

They may get beat the 1st playoff game. Baltimore or NE might get beat too. Thats why they play the game.

And if you really want to dig into the metrics, Rodgers has some scores that are very poor. Like worse than Andy Dalton. But still better than Mitch....lol

That punt return fumble no fumble call sure stands out as the most recent gift the zebras gave a-arod and crew. That was the difference. I think every pack game I have watched this season the announcers have said "boy what a terrible call" or "I don't know how you call that" or "what a gift for the packers" For some reason you just don't hear that in other games....

Tell me that isn't textbook coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by slimcake View Post
    That punt return fumble no fumble call sure stands out as the most recent gift the zebras gave a-arod and crew. That was the difference. I think every pack game I have watched this season the announcers have said "boy what a terrible call" or "I don't know how you call that" or "what a gift for the packers" For some reason you just don't hear that in other games....

I would call BS on you don’t hear that in any other games. Yes the packers have gotten some call but in the same year they have had calls go the other way also. I’m not going to debate every call but I will say that the referees have been bad all year in most game all across the league.

Clearly you don't watch much football if you don't hear the announcers is some form or another say,,, " I don't understand that call, I don't see what the referee saw there, that is a terrible call".
    Happens multiple times every game.
    Replay has ruined football and has made referee's awful. They don't need to call a perfect game, replay will fix it, (or attempt too until that nimwit in NY Ron Riveron overturns or refuses to overturn an obvious call to 99% of the public)

Quote Originally Posted by slimcake View Post

yur Vikings are doomed. we got the refs. in our green and gold pockets.

Quote Originally Posted by timo View Post
    Clearly you don't watch much football if you don't hear the announcers is some form or another say,,, " I don't understand that call, I don't see what the referee saw there, that is a terrible call".
    Happens multiple times every game.
    Replay has ruined football and has made referee's awful. They don't need to call a perfect game, replay will fix it, (or attempt too until that nimwit in NY Ron Riveron overturns or refuses to overturn an obvious call to 99% of the public)
    They cannot throw a red flag for a penalty. Had it been ruled a fumble then yes. The non call got the Pack 7 points. The Pack gets spotted every game. Their elite offensive line is only elite in holding without being called. The rest of the team sucks. The d sucks. The special teams suck. Time will tell as it always does.

Quote Originally Posted by snobuilder View Post
    yur Vikings are doomed. we got the refs. in our green and gold pockets.
    Ok Gents, let's end this; someone please start a new thread on the Vikings and Packers Monday night game.

Bear

They cannot throw a red flag for a penalty. Had it been ruled a fumble then yes. The non call got the Pack 7 points. The Pack gets spotted every game. Their elite offensive line is only elite in holding without being called. The rest of the team sucks. The d sucks. The special teams suck. Time will tell as it always does.
    You and Jerry seem bitter.

Quote Originally Posted by snobuilder View Post
    You and Jerry seem bitter.
    It is obvious that poor snobuilderr is a pothead doper. There is no other way his judgement could be so effected. So I will cut him some slack. I did however expect a little more rationality out of Timo.

The Pack gets spotted every game.
    I think you may have missed Rodgers getting hit in the head, again, with no call near the end of the game?