Default Gas station north of krupps

Is that gas station that reopened north of krupps on west side of road still open? didn't it have pay at the pump option as well?

Yep and yep

Quote Originally Posted by slimcake View Post
    Yep and yep
    Great thanks slimcake, much appreciated!

If you're talking about the one just past The Parkview I don't believe it has pay at the pump. I am pretty sure we had to go inside to pay last time.

They are celebrating their two year anniversary of bring open in two weeks. I think I was one of their first customers that day. A lot of changes since then.

I believe you only pay inside

Positive that you have to pay inside.

Speaking of such the BP in South Range you have to pre-pay inside now. Lots of drive offs last year. You need to take your helmet and mask off too.

4 season's convenience you pay inside, BP in South Range you can pay at pump
    Lake Effect Snow, my three favorite words.

Thank you everyone! was just curious, thought at one time you could pay at pump there, just checking where you can in case our rides get a little late, since you cannot I will have to check station hours, thank you again.

4 Season's requires you to go inside and pay for the gas before you move your sled, which really slows things down on a busy day. I guess they had a $50 drive off recently. I always have liked to fill up, get out of the way for the next guy, and then go in and pay.

Quote Originally Posted by mspease View Post
    4 Season's requires you to go inside and pay for the gas before you move your sled, which really slows things down on a busy day. I guess they had a $50 drive off recently. I always have liked to fill up, get out of the way for the next guy, and then go in and pay.
    Gas up at Krupp's, and you can do that!

Quote Originally Posted by old abe View Post
    Gas up at Krupp's, and you can do that!
    X2! on that, if not just for the smells when you go inside, Oh yeah trunk will be full of frozen pastys and gravy one of the days we are up there! just wondering if the other place did in case it got late and krupps was closed.

Quote Originally Posted by dwz View Post
    I believe you only pay inside
    well yeah it is only 2020 it should only take another 20 yrs for this new fangled tec to reach the Northwood

IMG_20181208_101552979.jpg 2019 Indy XC 850 holds one dozen Krupps Pasty's in da trunk!! LOL

IMG_20181208_101552979.jpg 2019 Indy XC 850 holds one dozen Krupps Pasty's in da trunk!! LOL
    very nice!

Quote Originally Posted by euphoric1 View Post
    Thank you everyone! was just curious, thought at one time you could pay at pump there, just checking where you can in case our rides get a little late, since you cannot I will have to check station hours, thank you again.
    Keep in mind if Station is closed with no Attendant, you can't pay at the pump, they shut them off. Really stupid Michigan law. Found that out last year. Somebody chime in and let us know if this has changed.
    Pulled in to Bruce Crossing with fuel lights on. Had jus closed, made it to Bergland, luckily attendant counting the drawer for the day, turned them back on for us to use credit cards. Not a good feeling -15 and hoping you dont run out of gas.😳
    Last edited by funsledn; 01-17-2020 at 09:00 PM.

Funsledn, I'm glad you mentioned the after hours thing. I am curious because I try to plan for closing time when riding. Have not tested the theory yet. I have noticed that the pumps appear to still be on at some stations while the store is not lit.
    The trails sure do get quiet late at night. It would be a great time to ride if I could rely on getting gas somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by favoritos View Post
    Funsledn, I'm glad you mentioned the after hours thing. I am curious because I try to plan for closing time when riding. Have not tested the theory yet. I have noticed that the pumps appear to still be on at some stations while the store is not lit.
    The trails sure do get quiet late at night. It would be a great time to ride if I could rely on getting gas somewhere.
    Calling PolarisDan! Got any input on running trails at night, all night????

I think what PolarisDan did was keep a few gas cans full in Mass City and would come back and use those to fill up when stations were closed. The only problem is you have to stay somewhat in the area so you are back before you run out of gas.

Calling PolarisDan! Got any input on running trails at night, all night????
    If it was me and I was 20 years younger, I'd catch last call at the Mosquito and then run up to the Krist in Hancock and fill up, only about 19 miles.
    Then run down to Mass on 3, then 12 east then 109 re-route then over to Baraga to the other Krist and fill up again.
    Then back to Hancock etc..

Bear

There was a bad accident there on Thursday. Anybody know what visibility was like Thur morning. We must of got close to 10 inches overnight. Slow down in bad conditions.

https://www.mininggazette.com/news/2...ash-witnesses/

Nothing wrong with old school Ezra. Especially when it's mostly seasonal and a single pay at the pump is $40,000. God forbid people actually come in the store and maybe buy a Snicker's bar!!!! LOL!!

Quote Originally Posted by kip View Post
    Nothing wrong with old school Ezra. Especially when it's mostly seasonal and a single pay at the pump is $40,000. God forbid people actually come in the store and maybe buy a Snicker's bar!!!! LOL!!

Agree with you however it does make it easier in the middle of the night when the C-store/station is closed and you need gas. I get the driveoff's have to be an issue and therefore, as always the bad guys tend to dictate the rules by their bad actions

I hear ya but that's not happening anytime soon in the rural U.P.

I wonder if there is a way to pre-authorize a CC at the pump prior to the fuel being dispensed? that way they can drive off all they want, but the pump has the credit card info and can charge it. I don't know much about this and may be missing something but seems logical to me.

Spot on Kip! You can't pay for the 40K with just gas sales. No way all day gas sales, plus after hours sales even come close to that figure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dfattack View Post
    I wonder if there is a way to pre-authorize a CC at the pump prior to the fuel being dispensed? that way they can drive off all they want, but the pump has the credit card info and can charge it. I don't know much about this and may be missing something but seems logical to me.
    You would still have the same cost of doing so.

I hear ya but that's not happening anytime soon in the rural U.P.
    That's the truth, our organization owns 6 large stations and earn low nets.
    Gas gross profit is about 30 cents a gallon, minus rent, utilities and labor etc. and etc...
    Small station like that may not even net 40k a year especially in the early years, likely a long-term investment play.

Bear

Quote Originally Posted by 1fujifilm View Post
    That's the truth, our organization owns 6 large stations and earn low nets.
    Gas gross profit is about 30 cents a gallon, minus rent, utilities and labor etc. and etc...
    Small station like that may not even net 40k a year especially in the early years, likely a long-term investment play.

Bear
    Spot on fuji! Like many other things, it's just not in the CARDS! However, if I fill up at closing, including my Doo "jerry gas tank", I could ride most of the night. But, I prefer to sit down with "Miller", "Henry", or "Jim", and enjoy myself with them!
    Last edited by old abe; 01-19-2020 at 11:50 AM.

Spot on fuji! Like many other things, it's just not in the CARDS! However, if I fill up at closing, including my Doo "jerry gas tank", I could ride most of the night. But, I prefer to sit down with "Miller", "Henry", or "Jim", and enjoy myself with them!
    Guy could get an E-Tec too, dang 2020 850 Gade is off break-in and got 18.2 MPG riding Friday in Lakewood, WI and North.
    Rode 118 miles and had three bars left, probably 3 gallons too.

Bear

Pffft. You young-ins don't know how good you have it today. Twelve plus gallon gas tanks? Pay at the pump? Back in my day, we had five or six gallon tanks and we'd strap a five gallon can on the back. And we were lucky to get nine MPG riding up hill in both directions. We'd ride out after dark, and when our tanks ran dry, we'd pour the can in the tank, turn around and pray we'd make it back home. And we were thankful.

Guy could get an E-Tec too, dang 2020 850 Gade is off break-in and got 18.2 MPG riding Friday in Lakewood, WI and North.
    Rode 118 miles and had three bars left, probably 3 gallons too.

Bear
    Yeah, well, who says MPG's are not relevant! You could do with your 850 Doo as I, "jerry tank", and not be too far off from me! Same as with a 900T. E-tec 600R probably right with me, maybe a little better? We ride Canada, and big MPG's makes it a whole lot less to worry of. I would enjoy you trying a 900T, and your evaluation of it.

Quote Originally Posted by scoot View Post
    Pffft. You young-ins don't know how good you have it today. Twelve plus gallon gas tanks? Pay at the pump? Back in my day, we had five or six gallon tanks and we'd strap a five gallon can on the back. And we were lucky to get nine MPG riding up hill in both directions. We'd ride out after dark, and when our tanks ran dry, we'd pour the can in the tank, turn around and pray we'd make it back home. And we were thankful.
    I have many memories of your post. Carrying gas caddy's of whatever, stashing gas out in the boonies for such needs, and etc. However, I had a JD X8, that would run 20 mpg with a 6 gal tank, and the absolute worst snowmobile to ride! Other sleds no way mpg's, but better to ride.

Quote Originally Posted by funsledn View Post
    Keep in mind if Station is closed with no Attendant, you can't pay at the pump, they shut them off. Really stupid Michigan law. Found that out last year. Somebody chime in and let us know if this has changed.
    Pulled in to Bruce Crossing with fuel lights on. Had jus closed, made it to Bergland, luckily attendant counting the drawer for the day, turned them back on for us to use credit cards. Not a good feeling -15 and hoping you dont run out of gas.��
    uh..bad planning bro..always assume no gas inda yoop

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by favoritos View Post
    we ride at nite..u need gas cans and be close enuf to use them..or just time your last draw at close..then u should be good for the night..unless ur going crazy..then ur out

Quote Originally Posted by POLARISDAN View Post
    uh..bad planning bro..always assume no gas inda yoop

- - - Updated - - -

we ride at nite..u need gas cans and be close enuf to use them..or just time your last draw at close..then u should be good for the night..unless ur going crazy..then ur out
    Spot on you are PD! Perfect!

I have many memories of your post. Carrying gas caddy's of whatever, stashing gas out in the boonies for such needs, and etc. However, I had a JD X8, that would run 20 mpg with a 6 gal tank, and the absolute worst snowmobile to ride! Other sleds no way mpg's, but better to ride.
    Small world.
    Was your black?
    Mine was green and possibly a JD-?, Had a 400cc something.
    Had an aluminum skid that showed through the green paint. I got it from my uncle who worked in Horicon, WI for J.D.

Bear

Quote Originally Posted by dfattack View Post

You have to swipe a card and it get authorized before you can use the "pay at the pump" feature. That it unless the pump also accepts cash and that has to be put in first in $ increments. Not all will accept cash.

Small world.
    Was your black?
    Mine was green and possibly a JD-?, Had a 400cc something.
    Had an aluminum skid that showed through the green paint. I got it from my uncle who worked in Horicon, WI for J.D.

Bear
    Yes mine was a black "75" MY. No green JDX's, perhaps a Cyclone? I don't think there were any green colored sleds with slide rail until the Cyclone. The Merc Trail Twister one fine ride! And the Poo 340L was a dream come true! Then on to the "Indy"!
    Last edited by old abe; 01-22-2020 at 07:02 PM.