Default Last Snowfall Report...

Was January 26th. I'm sure the groomers are doing the best with what they have, but we need snow.

Yep, we are way overdue here! First we had about 18" on the ground on December 1st, which normally would be a great thing. However, they had an extended deer hunt and trails could not open until the 15th. Then what could have been a nice snow storm turned into about an inch or more of rain. We got some more snow a bit later and trails were good for a few weeks, then it got to 45 last Sunday and they have been icy and hard as rock ever since. Now we've had below freezing temps for a week and as far out as my phone forecasts, but no snow to groom. What I crazy sport we have to deal with! I've been thinking about golf a lot lately.

Quote Originally Posted by mspease View Post
    Yep, we are way overdue here! First we had about 18" on the ground on December 1st, which normally would be a great thing. However, they had an extended deer hunt and trails could not open until the 15th. Then what could have been a nice snow storm turned into about an inch or more of rain. We got some more snow a bit later and trails were good for a few weeks, then it got to 45 last Sunday and they have been icy and hard as rock ever since. Now we've had below freezing temps for a week and as far out as my phone forecasts, but no snow to groom. What I crazy sport we have to deal with! I've been thinking about golf a lot lately.
    I’m starting to get nervous that we could see a quick end to the season at the end of February. This coming week looks ok but signs of a warm up for the following doesn’t look good. Especially with no significant snow in the forecast. Northern Wisconsin needs 6” quickly.

Looks like central WI is under a winter storm warning for Sun Feb 9th, expecting 7 to 9 inches. Hope you are happy.

Winter Storm Warning for Marathon County, Wisconsin

From 6:00am CST, Sun Feb 9 until 6:00pm CST, Sun Feb 9
    Action Recommended: Make preparations per the instructions
    Issued by: Green Bay - WI, US, National Weather Service,

...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 6 AM TO 6 PM CST SUNDAY... * WHAT...Heavy snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 7 to 9 inches. * WHERE...Central Wisconsin. * WHEN...From 6 AM to 6 PM CST Sunday. * IMPACTS...Travel could become hazardous. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... If you must travel, keep an extra flashlight, food, and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency. The latest road conditions for the state you are calling from can be obtained by calling 5 1 1. &&
    More Information

...SNOWY WEATHER EXPECTED SUNDAY... .Low pressure moving from the central Plains toward southern Lower Michigan will bring snow to all of Wisconsin Sunday. Snow will arrive from southwest to northeast during the morning, continue through the afternoon, and end during the evening. The snow will slow road and air travel.

ha..dont be a quitter..im barely 500..so im counting on something to even get to a grand

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post
    Looks like central WI is under a winter storm warning for Sun Feb 9th, expecting 7 to 9 inches. Hope you are happy.

Winter Storm Warning for Marathon County, Wisconsin

From 6:00am CST, Sun Feb 9 until 6:00pm CST, Sun Feb 9
    Action Recommended: Make preparations per the instructions
    Issued by: Green Bay - WI, US, National Weather Service,

...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 6 AM TO 6 PM CST SUNDAY... * WHAT...Heavy snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 7 to 9 inches. * WHERE...Central Wisconsin. * WHEN...From 6 AM to 6 PM CST Sunday. * IMPACTS...Travel could become hazardous. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... If you must travel, keep an extra flashlight, food, and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency. The latest road conditions for the state you are calling from can be obtained by calling 5 1 1. &&
    More Information

...SNOWY WEATHER EXPECTED SUNDAY... .Low pressure moving from the central Plains toward southern Lower Michigan will bring snow to all of Wisconsin Sunday. Snow will arrive from southwest to northeast during the morning, continue through the afternoon, and end during the evening. The snow will slow road and air travel.

Snow in central Wisconsin doesnít really help the snow belt areas in Northern Wisconsin that Iím concerned about.

Quote Originally Posted by POLARISDAN View Post
    ha..dont be a quitter..im barely 500..so im counting on something to even get to a grand
    Too much saloon time, eh? Where you're at, not too many excuses for only 500? fuji does that in 2 days. Perhaps more to this?

Quote Originally Posted by Highflyer View Post
    Snow in central Wisconsin doesn’t really help the snow belt areas in Northern Wisconsin that I’m concerned about.
    Exactly! Good for them, but it doesn't help at all where most of the sledding dollars get spent.

Exactly! Good for them, but it doesn't help at all where most of the sledding dollars get spent.
    The problem in where the big snows are going to fall, have no base left to work with. Sucks! Yes the ground is froze, barely. Maybe slimcake can add to this as he is in the sweet spot as it looks now?

or how about it helps the local businesses and such in the area that gets it. try to be a little more compassionate

Good good, ya'll keep trucking north. Baahahaha.

Some really good riding in central Wisco.

Quote Originally Posted by eagle1 View Post
    Good good, ya'll keep trucking north. Baahahaha.

Some really good riding in central Wisco.
    Agree spread the wealth. My ride in Mountain area was very Enjoyable must be great now!