Results 1 to 21 of 21
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    95

    Default Throttle thumb on ski doo 600 rotax

    Looking to get the wife a used sled. Was looking at Ski doo 600 mxz. How is the thottle on these compared to Polaris 600s. Or are all these carb sleds the same for throttle thumb issues.
    Thanks

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Ptown, Ill
    Posts
    3,429

    Default

    Pretty much the way it is. FI sleds feather touch.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Des Plaines, Il
    Posts
    1,004

    Default

    My friend rented one (Skidoo) from Tomahawk Sports last week and the thumb pull was really tough. First thing I noticed when I put it on the trailer.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    95

    Default

    What?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    1,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
    Looking to get the wife a used sled. Was looking at Ski doo 600 mxz. How is the thottle on these compared to Polaris 600s. Or are all these carb sleds the same for throttle thumb issues.
    Thanks
    Yes, the carb throttle pull is harder than EFI.
    If she never plans to go over 60 get a Doo 600 ACE, very lite throttle pull, great gas mileage, no smoke, dependability and good resale.

    Bear

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Des Plaines, Il
    Posts
    1,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
    What?
    What don't you understand? Maybe I can spell it out.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    close to the edge.
    Posts
    8,150

    Default

    it is harder but like anything you get use to it .
    if going mxz I would do the Indy with efi also thong to think about is the high hanging rpm when stopping with that sled . I tinkered with it for a season and gave up and just chock it down at long stops . i wanted a 136 pretty much only reason i went with the doo sport for the second sled . it has been pretty bullet proof. and rode pretty good stock . I tossed some used x package shocks in it and will prob run it till it is dead at this point .
    but again carbs are what they are and you need to be willing to deal with more than a sore thumb

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    95

    Default

    My what was for the fi respone.

    All good. Thanks

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Palatine IL and Eagle River WI
    Posts
    217

    Default

    I have 2 E-tec's and 2 carbs (2014 ski doo 600 and 2018 Polaris 550). The carbs may have a little more resistance but the difference is negligible and doesn't impact riding at all.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Ptown, Ill
    Posts
    3,429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
    My what was for the fi respone.

    All good. Thanks
    The FI means "Fuel Injection", eh. What ever kind of fuel injection, throttle bodies have easy thumb throttle push.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Oakdale MN
    Posts
    2,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by old abe View Post
    The FI means "Fuel Injection", eh. What ever kind of fuel injection, throttle bodies have easy thumb throttle push.
    Quote Originally Posted by old abe View Post
    Pretty much the way it is. FI sleds feather touch.
    Yes and No.
    Surely easier with FI, but the Poos for years (until electronic oil pump) had a bad rap for hard thumb pull on FI, due to being connected to the oil pump as well as throttle plates.
    When changed to electronic oil pump, was supposed to ease up on the thumb fatigue issue

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Ptown, Ill
    Posts
    3,429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sweeperguy View Post
    Yes and No.
    Surely easier with FI, but the Poos for years (until electronic oil pump) had a bad rap for hard thumb pull on FI, due to being connected to the oil pump as well as throttle plates.
    When changed to electronic oil pump, was supposed to ease up on the thumb fatigue issue
    Opps, I didn't realize that. Our Doo SDI's don't have that issue.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    95

    Default

    What year did Polaris start using the electronic oil pump?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Oakdale MN
    Posts
    2,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
    What year did Polaris start using the electronic oil pump?
    I think 15 on the 800's. Not sure if 600's switched over then, or a year or two later.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    95

    Default

    Thanks

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Out there
    Posts
    5,097

    Default

    A lot a time the real issue is just having your hand in that unusual position for a long period a time and not so much the amount a pressure especially if you don't have a everyday job where your hands are worked out.
    Last edited by snobuilder; 02-24-2020 at 11:43 PM.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    95

    Default

    Saw a 2019 Indy for sale with 7600 miles. How is that possible on a 2019?

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Oakdale MN
    Posts
    2,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
    Saw a 2019 Indy for sale with 7600 miles. How is that possible on a 2019?
    All last season and up till now this season.
    Sounds like it got ridden like XCR440 rides. He's got almost 6k miles so far this season, he might get to that number in one season.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Ptown, Ill
    Posts
    3,429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sweeperguy View Post
    I think 15 on the 800's. Not sure if 600's switched over then, or a year or two later.
    A 600 has a electric pump 2015 on?

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Out there
    Posts
    5,097

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by old abe View Post
    A 600 has a electric pump 2015 on?
    No the 2016 600 got it.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Ptown, Ill
    Posts
    3,429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snobuilder View Post
    No the 2016 600 got it.
    Supposed to be "new" 600 Poo coming? Taken off the 850?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

» John Dee

» April 2020

S M T W T F S
293031 1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 12

» Stats

Members: 20,261
Threads: 28,333
Posts: 335,592

» Online Users: 261

1 members and 260 guests
Most users ever online was 2,946, 07-12-2019 at 01:11 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

cmharcou (44)
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0