View Poll Results: How's it looking from your viewpoint?

Voters
155. You may not vote on this poll
  • Working/Business as Usual

    60 38.71%
  • Working/ But slowing down

    37 23.87%
  • Working/But it doesn't look good

    15 9.68%
  • We're Done/Turn out the Lights

    7 4.52%
  • Self Employed/Retired

    36 23.23%
Results 1 to 87 of 87

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Neenah, Wisconsin is about 40 miles south of Green Bay's Lambeau Field.
    Posts
    1,951

    Default POLL; Corona Virus & Your Job

    The Poll is anonymous but if you'd like to mention your thoughts on the matter, please do so. You can post just as you would do on any other thread.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    UP
    Posts
    557

    Default

    turned out the lights

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Northern IL
    Posts
    130

    Default

    Need to add busier than usual.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    146

    Default

    We are busier than usual due to people calling in due to child care issues or just paranoia.

    I work for a large medical device/implant manufacturer and have been told we are a critical/essential manufacturer that will be staying open even in the event of a state shutdown.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Neenah, Wisconsin is about 40 miles south of Green Bay's Lambeau Field.
    Posts
    1,951

    Default

    One thing for certain with all the uncertainty, we're all in this together.

    Just some random thoughts here. We're about 10 miles from the airport in Appleton. I haven't seen an airliner overhead in more than a week. I don't know if they're even flying or who would want to. Gasoline should hit a buck fifty locally sometime this week but for those not working... it doesn't move the needle. I had a call from one of the local Rec. dealers yesterday, the new Ski Doo's are on the floor and he asked me to stop in. Somehow it just wouldn't feel right these days. Though I might be interested in one of their generators if things get worse. I finally screwed up my courage to assess the damage to our stocks and funds over the weekend, like most others it's one big black smoking hole. Again, we're all in this together. Stay healthy, keep your family safe, and better days are coming.

    Last edited by gary_in_neenah; 03-22-2020 at 03:26 PM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Ptown, Ill
    Posts
    3,438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gary_in_neenah View Post
    One thing for certain with all the uncertainty, we're all in this together.

    Just some random thoughts here. We're about 10 miles from the airport in Appleton. I haven't seen an airliner overhead in more than a week. I don't know if they're even flying or who would want to. Gasoline should hit a buck fifty locally sometime this week but for those not working... it doesn't move the needle. I had a call from one of the local Rec. dealers yesterday, the new Ski Doo's are on the floor and he asked me to stop in. Somehow it just wouldn't feel right these days. Though I might be interested in one of their generators if things get worse. I finally screwed up my courage to assess the damage to our stocks and funds over the weekend, like most others it's one big black smoking hole. Again, we're all in this together. Stay healthy, keep your family safe, and better days are coming.
    Yep, pretty much covers it!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Mokena, IL/Spread Eagle, WI
    Posts
    1,225

    Default

    Self employed AND slowing down. My businesses are open but at a reduced capacity. I'm blessed to at least be operating at 80-85% capacity...as of now. Have a lot of employees all hoping to keep getting a paycheck.

  8. #8

    Default

    Were slowing down and self employed just have a felling if they don’t open back up 2-3 weeks away from now there is going to be a big depression and they will lose a lot more people to violence and self inflicted violence cus many lost it all and a lot from this and it seems the government wants everyone to have 6 months cash savings to survive but airplane company’s couldn’t make it a week without asking for coin and they want to give it to them again instead of Main Street small business people it’s depressing

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Waterford,Wi
    Posts
    1,018

    Default

    small business owner, the type of business this is our very busy season especially in service, when they hype really started a little over a week ago our walk in traffic dropped off significantly, this saturday however was different and was steady. Looked on line incase it ever gets to stay put order and I think we fall into the group that can continue business. Am I worried? yes but even more concerned for all of the small business that has been shut down already. Economics show that a large majority of people live paycheck to paycheck and although the common assumption when you own a business you are automatically independently wealthy for alot of small business this is not true, they operate week to week or month to month, even though the small business owner has everything at risk and for many is a life long dream and investment and the sad truth is there are many that will never reopen. This is where I have a big problem with the stimulus package forgiving student debt, for what 20, 30 ,40 50 thousand dollars while small business owners who are right now a viable part of the economy just disappear losing everything they have, shattering a life long dream at no choice to them? its just wrong. i will continue to run business as usual until i am told I cant and if that time comes I will do so with complete and udder reluctance. I think when this is all over things will change yes but i also think there will be a large group of people who will question if this reaction was worth it and will demand change in policy and procedure.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Hallock MN. 20 miles south of Canada - 10 miles east of ND.
    Posts
    2,372

    Default

    I own a grocery store. Three weeks ago we did 53000. Which is absolutely normal for this time of the year. This week we did 93000. It won't last though. Most people have their stuff now. They are also ready for this to be done and move on to the next catastrophe. Thankfully we will have a flood in about three weeks. After that spring planting will start. In two months the people around here will have forgotten all about the coronavirus.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Out there
    Posts
    5,223

    Default

    HD is busier than black friday with so many honey do lists and now time to do them....Paint dpt, flooring, lumber...too bad it's so cold out for garden to be overwhelmed.

  12. #12

    Default

    Our business provides an essential service to healthcare....laundry/linen services, so we're fine. But, believe it or not, business has dropped substantially in the last week. We couldn't keep up 2 weeks ago, and now are cutting hours and sending folks home early. Nobody going to the hospital unless you got the Corona or having a baby, and not many in the hospital with the Corona.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Ptown, Ill
    Posts
    3,438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snobuilder View Post
    HD is busier than black friday with so many honey do lists and now time to do them....Paint dpt, flooring, lumber...too bad it's so cold out for garden to be overwhelmed.
    Your bonus will be so large you'll need 2 "new" 650's, eh!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by grub View Post
    I own a grocery store. Three weeks ago we did 53000. Which is absolutely normal for this time of the year. This week we did 93000. It won't last though. Most people have their stuff now. They are also ready for this to be done and move on to the next catastrophe. Thankfully we will have a flood in about three weeks. After that spring planting will start. In two months the people around here will have forgotten all about the coronavirus.
    Yeah, well, as the song says, "Time goes on", eh?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    pleasant prairie wi
    Posts
    779

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by euphoric1 View Post
    small business owner, the type of business this is our very busy season especially in service, when they hype really started a little over a week ago our walk in traffic dropped off significantly, this saturday however was different and was steady. Looked on line incase it ever gets to stay put order and I think we fall into the group that can continue business. Am I worried? yes but even more concerned for all of the small business that has been shut down already. Economics show that a large majority of people live paycheck to paycheck and although the common assumption when you own a business you are automatically independently wealthy for alot of small business this is not true, they operate week to week or month to month, even though the small business owner has everything at risk and for many is a life long dream and investment and the sad truth is there are many that will never reopen. This is where I have a big problem with the stimulus package forgiving student debt, for what 20, 30 ,40 50 thousand dollars while small business owners who are right now a viable part of the economy just disappear losing everything they have, shattering a life long dream at no choice to them? its just wrong. i will continue to run business as usual until i am told I cant and if that time comes I will do so with complete and udder reluctance. I think when this is all over things will change yes but i also think there will be a large group of people who will question if this reaction was worth it and will demand change in policy and procedure.
    Brian I’ve only seen where the government is talking about letting people with student loans not have to pay at this time not where they are forgiving then forever. But I don’t watch a lot of news so maybe I’m missing something. Not starting an argument just wondering where you have gotten that info. And no I don't have any student loans to just interested where this news comes from.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Waterford,Wi
    Posts
    1,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by goofy600 View Post
    Brian I’ve only seen where the government is talking about letting people with student loans not have to pay at this time not where they are forgiving then forever. But I don’t watch a lot of news so maybe I’m missing something. Not starting an argument just wondering where you have gotten that info. And no I don't have any student loans to just interested where this news comes from.
    last weak watching morning news and I dont remember which member of government they were just saying that it could be potential part of stimulus package, i'm not saying that they were going to but the fact that they were discussing or considering it just upsets me that they would even considering it when that money could be put to far better use, enabling small businesses to cover bills like rent, mortgage, insurance for a month or two so that they would be able to reopen because there will be many that wont be able to reopen, and this wasn't their choice. Or fast track the process to develop treatment or a vaccine for this virus. i agree with deferring interest or payment temporarily and not just for student loans, just not forgiving them, I too have heard nothing more about it and I hope it is off the table. And no worries about looking for argument, neither am I,just voicing an opinion.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    close to the edge.
    Posts
    8,159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by euphoric1 View Post
    last weak watching morning news and I dont remember which member of government they were just saying that it could be potential part of stimulus package, i'm not saying that they were going to but the fact that they were discussing or considering it just upsets me that they would even considering it when that money could be put to far better use, enabling small businesses to cover bills like rent, mortgage, insurance for a month or two so that they would be able to reopen because there will be many that wont be able to reopen, and this wasn't their choice. Or fast track the process to develop treatment or a vaccine for this virus. i agree with deferring interest or payment temporarily and not just for student loans, just not forgiving them, I too have heard nothing more about it and I hope it is off the table. And no worries about looking for argument, neither am I,just voicing an opinion.
    no not off the table in fact Nancy just came back from vacation and pretty much got her crew together to stop the bill that was hammered out all week . for 1 thing becuse it did not include a,10k per student loan debt forgiveness package . I really really hope every person in washingtion got a long hug from rand Paul last week

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

» John Dee

» September 2020

S M T W T F S
3031 1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 123

» Stats

Members: 20,292
Threads: 28,714
Posts: 340,187

» Online Users: 350

3 members and 347 guests
Most users ever online was 2,946, 07-12-2019 at 01:11 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

msguss (45)
Hoosier (43)
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0