Hybrid View

Default With everything going on... Take a step back

So last friday our long time parts man Rich was really worked up about this virus business. Wanted to keep people away and keep the doors locked ect. I mean he was stressed to the max. I calmed him down and told him if he was this worked up he should consider taking some time off and gave him his options. He has been a rock solid employee for 30 plus years. Was getting close to retiring. Just wanted to give him options if he was worried about getting sick. So yesterday morning I pull in here at 7:30 and his car isn't here. Normally he gets here around 7. So I think to myself well maybe he took my advice and is gonna let this virus thing pass. I no more than get to my office and the phone rings. Its his wife. Rich was killed by a cow Sunday night. He had a small herd of cow/calves that he tended to in his spare time. Like pets to him. How quickly life can change. He was in good shape for his age and was fixing up a Shelby mustang that he has had forever. It sure made me take a step back. Look at things differently. How quickly life can change. He leaves behind a wife and two adult children. Things are sure going to be different around here. Like I said Rich was a dependable guy. For over 30 years. So just remember in these crazy times how quickly life can change. Enjoy yourselves. We are all just temporary residents. Take care everyone.

Wow, crazy. Sorry for his family and you, the company etc.

But I gotta ask.....was this a freak accident or can cows be dangerous like a bull?...I'm not a farm guy.

Sorry to hear that Matt, I'm sure he was more than an employee to you.

Neenah, Wisconsin is about 40 miles south of Green Bay's Lambeau Field.

That's some Bad Luck and a Sad Story all rolled in to one. Sorry for your loss, Slim.

Thanks guys. I'm not looking for sympathy. His family is devastated. Send your thoughts and prayers their way. Just thought with all the bad news going around that maybe people should see that it can always be worse and it can happen at any time! As for what happened his cows were calving. Momma cows are very protective and it was dark like 10pm. Sounds like he took a big kick and then got stomped. His wife found him and called 911 but it was to late.

Prayers to the family.

My wife grew up on a farm and I've heard stories of the challenges keeping the mother cow at bay. They will charge to protect the calves!

A life changing experience for me was at 18 years old when a good friend died in a car accident. My motto since then has been work hard and play hard! I still save for tomorrow but everything else goes up in smoke!

Thought’s and prayers to his family and friends. Very sad and yes life is short and stress is not worth it.
    Jim