Default Question on social distancing

I am one of those people who thought all along that covid 19 was not much worse than the flu (after seeing between 20k-80k die EACH year from the flu )and have been ridiculed because of it.

The death models predicted doom and gloom of 600k or more deaths. Of course as it turns it that number is now down to 60k by end of this covid curve. Now the covid 19 doomsday people are saying, "see , even with social distancing in place, we still have 60k deaths. It would have been the 600k with no social distancing, thus proving it was indeed 10 times more deadly than the flu".

Question: So does social distancing just SLOW down the death rates so hospitals are not overrun. It does not eliminate deaths , just slows it down. Is that correct???

Thus, if we had no s.d, we would have had the 600k death very quickly get it over with, as opposed spreading it over 3-4 months with only allowing 60k deaths to slowly occur?

So do the dooms day people think that we will have 540k deaths come fall after s.d. is lifted? Can someone clear this up for me???
    Last edited by james88; 04-09-2020 at 09:58 PM.

Lighten up Sally. How is there an answer to the unknown?? Have a drink. Hug your partner. Sleep well. I think we are gonna be just fine!!

Quote Originally Posted by slimcake View Post
    Lighten up Sally. How is there an answer to the unknown?? Have a drink. Hug your partner. Sleep well. I think we are gonna be just fine!!
    X2....media is going viral....lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by james88 View Post
    I am one of those people who thought all along that covid 19 was not much worse than the flu (after seeing between 20k-80k die EACH year from the flu )and have been ridiculed because of it.

The death models predicted doom and gloom of 600k or more deaths. Of course as it turns it that number is now down to 60k by end of this covid curve. Now the covid 19 doomsday people are saying, "see , even with social distancing in place, we still have 60k deaths. It would have been the 600k with no social distancing, thus proving it was indeed 10 times more deadly than the flu".

Question: So does social distancing just SLOW down the death rates so hospitals are not overrun. It does not eliminate deaths , just slows it down. Is that correct???

Thus, if we had no s.d, we would have had the 600k death very quickly get it over with, as opposed spreading it over 3-4 months with only allowing 60k deaths to slowly occur?

So do the dooms day people think that we will have 540k deaths come fall after s.d. is lifted? Can someone clear this up for me???
    Try this

http://forum.johndee.com/vbulletin/s...808#post492808

[QUOTE=Tracker;493124]X2....media is going viral....l

Im floored with the media saying zoo worker in NY gave it to the tigers, sorry that so wrong.

I thought that number was more like 2.2 million initially... that low now? Hmmmm not saying we should look the other way either at 60,000 but that is where I question the doomsday people and the criers that think this economic destruction is justifiable, and that social distancing is the answer, why don't we repeat this every year flu or whatever season returns, factual numbers flu kills on average half a million people, so if this is working and after original predictions we are now cut back way more than half, if we could even reduce deaths by 200,000 next flu season why not repeat this all again? why wouldn't it be worth it? if this is the right thing to do as the criers and preppers claim. 6 million people without jobs, who knows how many businesses will never reopen, not enough money to cover unemployment, claims not even being processed because of lack of staff, SBA fund going to fall way short of needs, banks still don't know how to process loans as there are yet rules of how to handle sole proprieter businesses. if the new predictions are indeed 60,000 WE NEED TO PUT AMERICA BACK TO WORK!!! NOW!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE=LoveMyDobe;493129]
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracker View Post
    X2....media is going viral....l

Im floored with the media saying zoo worker in NY gave it to the tigers, sorry that so wrong.
    sounds more like inquirer front page news!

Quote Originally Posted by slimcake View Post

Amen!!!

So do the doomsday people think that we will have 540k deaths come fall after s.d. is lifted? Can someone clear this up for me???
    There isn't a control group that didn't practice social distancing. So you can't say.

Japan and Sweden I believe have NOT locked down.

Japan less than 100 deaths.

Sweden less than 1000 deaths.

The greatest depression is coming... but hey we saved some people.

[QUOTE=euphoric1;493137]I thought that number was more like 2.2 million initially... that low now? Hmmmm not saying we should look the other way either at 60,000 but that is where I question the doomsday people and the criers that think this economic destruction is justifiable, and that social distancing is the answer, why don't we repeat this every year flu or whatever season returns, factual numbers flu kills on average half a million people, so if this is working and after original predictions we are now cut back way more than half, if we could even reduce deaths by 200,000 next flu season why not repeat this all again? why wouldn't it be worth it? if this is the right thing to do as the criers and preppers claim. 6 million people without jobs, who knows how many businesses will never reopen, not enough money to cover unemployment, claims not even being processed because of lack of staff, SBA fund going to fall way short of needs, banks still don't know how to process loans as there are yet rules of how to handle sole proprieter businesses. if the new predictions are indeed 60,000 WE NEED TO PUT AMERICA BACK TO WORK!!! NOW!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMyDobe View Post

sounds more like inquirer front page news!
    What he said.

Virus is transmitted by human to human contact. Social distancing reduces human to human contact. That does 2 things:
    1. Slows the rate...flattens the curve
    2. Reduces the number of infections

Therefore, the answer to your question is yes and yes

Quote Originally Posted by dcsnomo View Post
    Virus is transmitted by human to human contact. Social distancing reduces human to human contact. That does 2 things:

Therefore, the answer to your question is yes and yes
    Im not trying to start argument, just voicing opinion...
    If the models had projected 60k instead of millions dead originally would we have shuttered the economy or should we have? and then as you said it flattens the curve, reduces the infections then we should definitely do this every year to curb an illness that historically kills half a million people each and every year. I cant wait...this is so much fun! not to mention putting 6.6 million people out of work is always a good idea as well!

Quote Originally Posted by euphoric1 View Post
    Im not trying to start argument, just voicing opinion...
    If the models had projected 60k instead of millions dead originally would we have shuttered the economy or should we have? and then as you said it flattens the curve, reduces the infections then we should definitely do this every year to curb an illness that historically kills half a million people each and every year. I cant wait...this is so much fun! not to mention putting 6.6 million people out of work is always a good idea as well!
    Great points! This country is being ran by The Media,Social Media and Soccer Moms. Better get use to this I guess.

Economic shut down is unsustainable must end soon! Recession is recoverable a depression is crushing can’t be allowed to happen. Imo we open up in WI no later than May 1. The recovery will not be instant anyway and will take time for the public to congregate with confidence. Some workers have gone on to other things and will not return to the same old job. Imo the governor should have a task force organized NOW to turn the economy back on he turned it off darn well better have plans to turn on.

Therefore, the answer to your question is yes and yes.

But if we open up the economy with no s.d., wont we still have many infections occurring? (assume no vaccine).
    Didnt we just "delay" the number of infections occurring by having people stay at home for a while?

Agreed, businesses will start dropping like flies. You cannot sustain this for a long period of time I don't care what people say. Bills do not stop coming. The part I'm tired of is people telling each other what to do. Nobody has that right. Everyone has a opinion these days and has to be heard. If people would simply concentrate on themselves and not worry about what others are doing it sure would be a lot happier place. So glad I don't have facebook. Pretty sure I'd be issuing some airstrikes of my own! LOL!

I'm thinking the economy will recover fairly quickly. Unlike recessions and depression of the past, that the economy itself faltered and crashed. With this being a "shutdown" , I believe it will recover much quicker. Casualties YES, but the recovery rate (I hope) will be measured in months, not years. I'm not an economist by any means. Yes it may be a little optimistic, but that's where I'm placing my faith at this time. My 401k has not suffered bad at all, and I think there is faith the markets will recover. They were due for a correction anyways, so if these hits fulfill that, it hopefully won't be terrible

You said it sweeperguy, Faith! Gotta have it!

[QUOTE=LoveMyDobe;493129]
    X2....media is going viral....l

I didn't say all that...I only said media was going viral.....with an lol....you guys always do that with quotes....add shaz under my name

When the models were created and the scary number of cases and deaths were first used to establish a reason to shut down certain states, the ideas of social distancing along with sheltering in place were already factored into the equation.
    So to answer your question, this is the hoax of a century and the numbers were total BS to scare the populous to accept a police state (test)

also the scary numbers were based on NYC/Italy stats...duh!

Don't believe the next round of lies that the shelter in place and SD some how drastically reduced the sick and death rates.

Go to any big box retalier and tell me about shelter in place...LOL....LOL....LOL
    Last edited by snobuilder; 04-10-2020 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by snobuilder View Post
    When the models were created and the scary number of cases and deaths were first used to establish a reason to shut down certain states, the ideas of social distancing along with sheltering in place were already factored into the equation.
    So to answer your question, this is the hoax of a century and the numbers were total BS to scare the populous to accept a police state (test)

also the scary numbers were based on NYC/Italy stats...duh!

Don't believe the next round of lies that the shelter in place and SD some how drastically reduced the sick and death rates.

Go to any big box retalier and tell me about shelter in place...LOL....LOL....LOL
    Was shopping at big box yesterday wore a mask drew a mustache on it and did my shopping. Had to order special order doors and lady employee was scared felt bad for her assured her I was healthy but she wouldn’t get closer than 6-8 feet difficult to look at computer screen together so had her print out paper to make sure specs were correct. Lol. Same store checkout employees completely kicked back but kept my distance. All shopping carts are disinfected for you at entrances. Media FINALLY starting positive discussions of Reopening the economy and the stock market responded positively as well. Hopefully the media keeps the positive economy reopening reporting sustained so we can get back to work gradually day by day week by week month by month!!!

Quote Originally Posted by whitedust View Post
    Was shopping at big box yesterday wore a mask drew a mustache on it and did my shopping. Had to order special order doors and lady employee was scared felt bad for her assured her I was healthy but she wouldn’t get closer than 6-8 feet difficult to look at computer screen together so had her print out paper to make sure specs were correct. Lol. Same store checkout employees completely kicked back but kept my distance. All shopping carts are disinfected for you at entrances. Media FINALLY starting positive discussions of Reopening the economy and the stock market responded positively as well. Hopefully the media keeps the positive economy reopening reporting sustained so we can get back to work gradually day by day week by week month by month!!!

I was thinking the same thing regarding masks. Masks help others getting infected from the person wearing the mask. If you wear a mask and aren't infected...don't you give off the impression to the random stranger that you could be infected?

Quote Originally Posted by dfattack View Post
    I was thinking the same thing regarding masks. Masks help others getting infected from the person wearing the mask. If you wear a mask and aren't infected...don't you give off the impression to the random stranger that you could be infected?
    Not to me. I see it as people doing everything they can to help stop the spread. Plus with all the talk of asymptomatic carriers. How do you know your not spreading.
    I actually have N95 masks, shaved off the goatee for good fit, so I'm protected from incoming also.

No.

Stay home, social distance, wear masks, but the parking lots of three big box stores (since we are not giving free advertising) on Saturday were PACKED - I wouldn’t go in those stores on any ‘normal’ day with that many people in them..... hopefully everyone felt safe

Big box sales lady complimented me for wearing a mask she was scared dealing with the public so settled her somewhat. Mask protects me from incoming the public from outgoing. I felt wearing the mask was the least I could do for me and the general public. I’m not into gloves but used hand wipes during my shopping excursion. With time healthy adjustments are being made at stores rather have SD than closures things seem to becoming more normal or we are getting used to the new precautions. Either way life goes on just different.

Quote Originally Posted by sweeperguy View Post
    I'm thinking the economy will recover fairly quickly. Unlike recessions and depression of the past, that the economy itself faltered and crashed. With this being a "shutdown" , I believe it will recover much quicker. Casualties YES, but the recovery rate (I hope) will be measured in months, not years. I'm not an economist by any means. Yes it may be a little optimistic, but that's where I'm placing my faith at this time. My 401k has not suffered bad at all, and I think there is faith the markets will recover. They were due for a correction anyways, so if these hits fulfill that, it hopefully won't be terrible
    Some of this is quite true. Nicely said.
    There is a lot of cash accumulating with people not spending.
    We will get through this eventually. Nobody really knows what it will look like after we start getting the "new normal". It is dang expensive right now. It is so painful watching small businesses being put on hold. Those are bread and butter jobs that belong to people we live with every day. We already know that many are not going to make it through this fight.
    The unknowns about the virus are the biggest factors right now. It still has to be determined how we can act normal and control the spread. Right now, the only method is stopping people from interacting.(social distancing) We can't keep on that path.
    Who knows, maybe it will be determined that we are better off just letting it spread and take the losses. Nobody wants to be the person making that call. It doesn't seem very likely.
    I'm pretty sure they will go to tracking instead. I personally don't like that direction. People seem fine with more and more tracking in their daily lives. Adding another level wouldn't create as much mental conflict for those already used to the practice. It is a dangerous path to go in that direction. There is no turning back.
    I am actually for the practice of slowing down the spread by people being responsible about how we interact. If we can manage it ourselves, we don't need someone else to mandate the rules of interaction.
    How we deal with this short term has a lot to do with how it is handled in the future. A slow spread that doesn't overwhelm the systems would give us a close shot at normal. It just takes time.
    It is here and it is a reality we are dealt. There is no fast solution. We will have a solution with time. Right now we are struggling to get the testing resources up to speed. Growing live cultures for vaccine takes time after it is developed.
    What do we do now? Support those in the fight. Slow the spread so they can do their job.
    Get ready to support the small businesses we love. They will be damn glad to see us when the light turns green. I'll be damn glad to see them.

Quote Originally Posted by favoritos View Post
    Some of this is quite true. Nicely said.
    There is a lot of cash accumulating with people not spending.
    We will get through this eventually. Nobody really knows what it will look like after we start getting the "new normal". It is dang expensive right now. It is so painful watching small businesses being put on hold. Those are bread and butter jobs that belong to people we live with every day. We already know that many are not going to make it through this fight.
    The unknowns about the virus are the biggest factors right now. It still has to be determined how we can act normal and control the spread. Right now, the only method is stopping people from interacting.(social distancing) We can't keep on that path.
    Who knows, maybe it will be determined that we are better off just letting it spread and take the losses. Nobody wants to be the person making that call. It doesn't seem very likely.
    I'm pretty sure they will go to tracking instead. I personally don't like that direction. People seem fine with more and more tracking in their daily lives. Adding another level wouldn't create as much mental conflict for those already used to the practice. It is a dangerous path to go in that direction. There is no turning back.
    I am actually for the practice of slowing down the spread by people being responsible about how we interact. If we can manage it ourselves, we don't need someone else to mandate the rules of interaction.
    How we deal with this short term has a lot to do with how it is handled in the future. A slow spread that doesn't overwhelm the systems would give us a close shot at normal. It just takes time.
    It is here and it is a reality we are dealt. There is no fast solution. We will have a solution with time. Right now we are struggling to get the testing resources up to speed. Growing live cultures for vaccine takes time after it is developed.
    What do we do now? Support those in the fight. Slow the spread so they can do their job.
    Get ready to support the small businesses we love. They will be damn glad to see us when the light turns green. I'll be damn glad to see them.
    The market will be volatile of that I have no doubt as Covid 19 scales up and down the market will react in same. Imo overall the stock market will go up and be higher this year but you have to hang in there and some just can’t stomach volatility but I’m fine with it because of my expectations of the near and long term future. I do disagree personal cash is accumulating most everyone lost money and some are in very bad shape thus the Care Act. I’m spending a lot now but I set aside the cash to remodel way before the pandemic hit. Hopefully those that were shut down and shut out can recover but reality is some won’t. The sooner the economy opens up economic recovery improves we should be urging our leaders to open up no later than May 1 that is long enough to drop the infection curve in most locations. Every state and city is different so no 1 date works for everyone. Governors will not want to get caught holding the bag especially if Trump says let’s open up. It’s going to get very interesting to see the opening develop durning the next few weeks.

It's like this...if we don't get back to work and there is another great depression....then we will all be homeless and standing in huge bread lines waiting for food coughing on each other and 10s of millions will get sick....and...there won't be any masks or sanitizer or Tp...and you won't be able to afford it anyways....not to mention how many will get sick living outside....I for one hope trump MAKES them get back to work...because the other option will be FAR WORSE....ask your grandparents how bad it can get and if we should get back to work and chance getting sick....maybe...getting sick...maybe....the other option is you will get sick....all of us...its just like WWII...either you went forward under withering fire and MAYBE you died....or you didn't charge and then you would be guaranteed to be shot by the invaders....pick one...man up people...we have become way to soft and privileged IMO

Following!this seems like a very interesting thread

Neenah, Wisconsin is about 40 miles south of Green Bay's Lambeau Field.

Best new information I've seen in a long while. Thanks for posting!

Last edited by snobuilder; 04-15-2020 at 11:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xcr440 View Post
    Stay home, social distance, wear masks, but the parking lots of three big box stores (since we are not giving free advertising) on Saturday were PACKED - I wouldn’t go in those stores on any ‘normal’ day with that many people in them..... hopefully everyone felt safe
    It's been 4 record breaking sales number weeks for us.
    NOT business as usual at all....we are breaking records every day....especially with the 150 limit....our valued customers see a line and feel like they best get in it lest they miss out!!!! LOLOLOL....you can't make this stuff up!
    Last edited by snobuilder; 04-15-2020 at 11:34 PM.

just says that if trump wasn't a target and this was left to run it's course we would have gone through it like every other cold and flu season. We all have been lied to manipulated and scared by the leftist and their lap dog news media.
    no other illness in the history of mankind has been covered minute by minute like this fake pandemic.

When WI was shut down on 3/25/2020 were lead to believe that by 4/8/2020 we in WI would have 22,000 c-19 cases......where are we today?....4/15/2020....3800 cases???? and still the gov. doubled down the other day and closed state forests and boat launches...???? *** ppl....***?????

When WI was shut down on 3/25/2020 were lead to believe that by 4/8/2020 we in WI would have 22,000 c-19 cases......where are we today?....4/15/2020....3500 cases???? and still the gov. doubled down the other day and closed state forests and boat launches...???? *** ppl....***?????
    I think that was if the state didn't do anything there could be 22,000 cases. So it's working? Sounds like your governor must be in bed with the Mi. governor. She shut down all kinds of stuff also on like Monday. Residents there are irate.

just says that if trump wasn't a target and this was left to run it's course we would have gone through it like every other cold and flu season. We all have been lied to manipulated and scared by the leftist and their lap dog news media.
    no other illness in the history of mankind has been covered minute by minute like this fake pandemic.
    I agree...I been sayin' that since the beginning

Quote Originally Posted by sweeperguy View Post
    I think that was if the state didn't do anything there could be 22,000 cases. So it's working? Sounds like your governor must be in bed with the Mi. governor. She shut down all kinds of stuff also on like Monday. Residents there are irate.
    Those numbers had social distancing and "scared in place" modeled into them.

Bayfield County is the second largest county by land area in Wisconsin, we’ve had 3 confirmed cases. I think it’s safe to say we’ve flatten the curve. OMFG, can we open our businesses?

Quote Originally Posted by candyman View Post
    Bayfield County is the second largest county by land area in Wisconsin, we’ve had 3 confirmed cases. I think it’s safe to say we’ve flatten the curve. OMFG, can we open our businesses?
    and 6 counties across the north woods with zero cases.....many with less than a dozen....WAKE UP guv!!!!

and 6 counties across the north woods with zero cases.....many with less than a dozen....WAKE UP guv!!!!
    It's not the Gov dude...example....the TP run thing....was Bloomberg doing that to recoup some of the money he lost during campaign ads...he owns all the paper companies....that was all by design unfortunately and it duped alot of people...and he gained alot of money off our backs....AGAIN

How about this theory...since we don't really know how long it has been here...who has it and who doesn't (except confirmed cases)… maybe.... a vast majority of us has already encountered the virus and already have antibodies in our system.

You will find the answer to your theory once we all get back tested via antibodies testing. I did believe that to be the case a while ago, but now doubt it.

I think at most 25 percent of the population has been exposed to the virus, and 75 percent has not yet been exposed... I think you would have seen a lot more cases in California if the virus was spreading like crazy in Jan-Feb.....and in Illinois. I think it has spread like crazy in New York due to the density of the city...28k people per square mile......and same for New Orleans.... New York also has a very unhealthy state in terms of obesity, diabetes and other health issues compared to rest of USA.

I think there are two keys to getting everything back to normal over the next few months:
    1. Increased testing and screening of cases so that those who are infected but may not know it can self quarantine until they are no longer contagious.
    2. Treatment of Covid-19 limiting the progression of symptoms from to avoid hospitalization and ventilation.

Once these two items are accomplished then Covid-19 becomes "just another swine flu" like we all thought it was a few months ago.

For number 1, this is happening at places like the Mayo Clinic, private companies, and Universities all over the world. The problem is waiting for it is like waiting for a pot of water to boil. It's going to happen it just seems like its taking forever.
    For number 2, there are a lot of drug trials going on hopefully something will click. My hopes are that blood plasma transfusions from recovered patients works well. If you have ever seen how effective this can be for some diseases, you would see how this is hopefully the best stop gap measure before an effective vaccine can be deployed.

You will find the answer to your theory once we all get back tested via antibodies testing. I did believe that to be the case a while ago, but now doubt it.

I think at most 25 percent of the population has been exposed to the virus, and 75 percent has not yet been exposed... I think you would have seen a lot more cases in California if the virus was spreading like crazy in Jan-Feb.....and in Illinois. I think it has spread like crazy in New York due to the density of the city...28k people per square mile......and same for New Orleans.... New York also has a very unhealthy state in terms of obesity, diabetes and other health issues compared to rest of USA.
    There's talk that Cali had it before anywhere else and developed herd immunity to it.

Wi. Gov.just pushed our lock down to May 26th.

Quote Originally Posted by candyman View Post
    Wi. Gov.just pushed our lock down to May 26th.
    That's because it's been discovered eating cheese increases your risk of coming down with it.

Or... maybe because NYC's numbers keep going through the roof! Both make about as much sense as each other to extend it for another 5 weeks!

Don't worry, you will get your chance to take shot at all of us Michiganders, our Governer will do the same any day now! Probably ban flying kites too, as we are coming into that season.

What a total joke. Oh you're 100% right John unfortunately. I haven't been this mad since finding out Yamaha 4 strokes were heavy!!!! Come on now, that's funny, I don't care who ya are!!! LOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kip View Post
    what a total joke. Oh you're 100% right john unfortunately. i haven't been this mad since finding out yamaha 4 strokes were heavy!!!! come on now, that's funny, i don't care who ya are!!! Lol!!!
    From a Yamaha dealer
    ROFLMAO

Kip just made me spit up my coffee

Quote Originally Posted by latner View Post
    There's talk that Cali had it before anywhere else and developed herd immunity to it.
    Stanford performed 3000 of these antibody tests a week ago on healthy individuals and hopefully the results will be out soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
    Probably ban flying kites too, as we are coming into that season.
    Funny you say this, there have been kids out my window flying kits for the last three weeks, all sorts of sizes, bigger and bigger every other day! I assume they are ordering new and bigger ones as they get good at it! They are on school grounds, I hope they leave the kids alone.....

The Stanford back study of 3000 people test results are in. About 3 percent had the virus, but with no symptoms. Now the article says it is "widespread" but imo, I see it as not being widespread with a 3 percent positive rate

Thus, more than likely northern Wisconsin folks have not been exposed to the virus.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/antibody-r...155200568.html

here in PA< things are not really slowing down it seems, and the state government is taking more steps at trying to curb things
    as of Monday next week, it will be mandatory(according to local TV news tonight)
    that anyone out in public MUST be wearing a face mask
    and no one will be allowed in any store or business without wearing one!
    and can be fined if caught without one

we are at 30,000 verified cases and climbing here!

MY parents live on a dead end road, of just 4 homes, and just found out there next door neighbors Both have it
    my parents are age 90 and 75, both with many health issue's and very scared now.

so again, just cause some places have lower numbers or cases doesn't mean all is well or cannot get very bad, if folks here keep traveling, and other places with higher numbers, , it can still be a wild ride till a cure is developed or vaccine is made !

and also keep in mind, there are most likely thousands that have it and don;t even know it, or have been tested to know they have it!

Another good article on the Stanford study, the virus has a much lower death rate than people thought, but unfortunately it looks like most people have not been exposed to the virus:

Even with the adjusted rate of infection as found by the study, only 3% of the population has coronavirus – that means 97% does not. To reach herd immunity 50% or more of the population would have to be infected and recovered from coronavirus.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...iously-thought

Another good article on the Stanford study, the virus has a much lower death rate than people thought, but unfortunately it looks like most people have not been exposed to the virus:

Even with the adjusted rate of infection as found by the study, only 3% of the population has coronavirus – that means 97% does not. To reach herd immunity 50% or more of the population would have to be infected and recovered from coronavirus.

Pretty confusing. 3% of population has Corona?
    But earlier in the article it says 50-85 times more common than official figures. This was a sample size similar to the other. Around 3000. Which is a VERY SMALL sampling to conclude any type of relevance to the US population.

No wonder there is a lot of misinformation when one article seems to have contradictions in it.Screenshot_20200418-090346_Samsung Internet.jpg

if herd immunity is the goal why did we shut down the economy and social distance and are staying scared at home?

They get the 3 percent infected assumption based on the 3000 people who were back tested. In that population (which we can in theory apply to all population areas), 3 percent of the people had it, but showed no symptions.

On that particular date, the county of 1.8 million in Santa Clara only had 1000 people who tested positive, but if you scale up this 3 percent figure to the whole county, about 54,000 people (3 percent or so) out of 1.8 million in the county had the virus. That really lowers the death rate to 39 deaths/54,0000 infected to a very very low "death rate", as opposed to 39/1000 infected

If 97 percent did not have it, why do they say it "spreads so quickly???"

If you get the virus, you have a 2 in 1000 chance of death is what Stanford is basically showing.....(.0002) or .02 percent

When WI was shut down on 3/25/2020 were lead to believe that by 4/8/2020 we in WI would have 22,000 c-19 cases......where are we today?....4/15/2020....3800 cases???? and still the gov. doubled down the other day and closed state forests and boat launches...???? *** ppl....***?????
    Crazy 'stay at home' extension for WI with such low numbers. I can only imagine that most expected the midwest to all be similar and like MI and IL. Outside of the obvious (DET and CHI) why are there drastic numbers between neighboring states? I know early on folks were expecting OH to have higher numbers than mi and the opposite has occurred. THere are so many unknowns and at some point it's just time to get back at it and do our best to minimize exposure.

Manitowish Waters, WI and Village of Summit, Wisconsin

Thanks Gov Evers! Wife was just furloughed yesterday. One month ago it was overtime and super busy. This week shutting down clinics and hospitals empty.

Absolutely devastating to the economy and peoples lives. Is this worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by pclark View Post
    Thanks Gov Evers! Wife was just furloughed yesterday. One month ago it was overtime and super busy. This week shutting down clinics and hospitals empty.

Absolutely devastating to the economy and peoples lives. Is this worth it?
    Question....is gov evers a democrat....hmmmm

Question....is gov evers a democrat....hmmmm
    I am by no means a Democrat, or Republican. I also don't identify as a Catholic or Lutheran. But I definately lean one way. What I try to be every day, is a decent human being. We will never get anywhere blaming each other by a certain group that we relate with. It's time that we start to come together for the good of each other. Stop blaming one certain group, and start to unify this world. Money really seems to be the root of all evil in this world. You all need to take a moment to step back and think about what is most important in life. Is it really that important to argue about this, or should we try to come together. Aside from the media, our own personal opinion and agenda, is just as damaging. We will NEVER get anywhere arguing on any discussion board. Every one of us thinks we are right, and thinks anyone else is wrong.

I challenge you all to take a step back and see this through someone else's eyes. Just because you think you are right, doesn't mean you are right.

They happen to be corrupt and causing alot of what's going on....including news thats not true...killing people...epstein...and against anyone that tries to do good for all of us or America...if you didn't notice...they deserve the discredit and to be called out for what they do ...its not just me saying this either....i too want the truth and goodness...so I will call out the bad when I see it

Quote Originally Posted by jr37 View Post
    I am by no means a Democrat, or Republican. I also don't identify as a Catholic or Lutheran. But I definately lean one way. What I try to be every day, is a decent human being. We will never get anywhere blaming each other by a certain group that we relate with. It's time that we start to come together for the good of each other. Stop blaming one certain group, and start to unify this world. Money really seems to be the root of all evil in this world. You all need to take a moment to step back and think about what is most important in life. Is it really that important to argue about this, or should we try to come together. Aside from the media, our own personal opinion and agenda, is just as damaging. We will NEVER get anywhere arguing on any discussion board. Every one of us thinks we are right, and thinks anyone else is wrong.

I challenge you all to take a step back and see this through someone else's eyes. Just because you think you are right, doesn't mean you are right.
    Some people just have blinders on and do not have open minds. No forwarding thinking. Just the way it is I guess. Everybody's entitled to their opinions, I choose not to agree with a lot of it, my choice.

Quote Originally Posted by jr37 View Post
    Money really seems to be the root of all evil in this world.
    Money isn't the root of all evil, it's the LOVE of money that is the root of all evil.

Money is a tool that all of us need in order to survive. You can thank Adam for that.

Homeless shelter tested 50 percent for virus, all positives had NO symptons at all and doing fine.

Virus death rate= overstated

https://yonews.org/shocking-report-s...-had-symptoms/

Wi trying to blame voting on upkick in cases while health department saying no evidence or proof of that, also WHO saying worse yet to come ( like we are going to believe you )…. so bacically the social distancing is NOT working??? which is it???? funny the upswing in scare mongering since the push back started by the people who have had enough.

Quote Originally Posted by euphoric1 View Post
    Wi trying to blame voting on upkick in cases while health department saying no evidence or proof of that, also WHO saying worse yet to come ( like we are going to believe you )…. so bacically the social distancing is NOT working??? which is it???? funny the upswing in scare mongering since the push back started by the people who have had enough.
    The people that are saying the up tick in cases was caused by voting, are the same ones saying it’s ok to go to Walmart , HD and Menards. Insane!