Default Here is Why You Should Wear a Mask

Remember CNN is always the best for facts first.
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/06/healt...rnd/index.html

I'll continue to make the decision to not wear a mask. Keeping a safe distance and not sneezing or coughing on anybody works for me.
    The county where I live in northern indiana decided to make face masks mandatory when shopping, so I don't spend any money here. The neighboring counties/towns appreciate my business.

The key word is asymptomatic. When exactly will you not be asymptomatic? When the government tells you? I've had no symptoms at all, but, I keep reading/hearing that I might? Negative ghost rider!
    Lake Effect Snow, my three favorite words.

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post
    What kind of snowmobile do you own? Troll. Thats all you are is a troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Skylar View Post
    The key word is asymptomatic. When exactly will you not be asymptomatic? When the government tells you? I've had no symptoms at all, but, I keep reading/hearing that I might? Negative ghost rider!
    The pattern is full, lol.

Mr T.jpg

Edit: Woulda been funnier if the GIF worked.

It's long past April Fool's day.

Quote Originally Posted by slimcake View Post
    True story.

Nope, not wearing one. And I don't expect anybody to wear one for my behalf.

I'm not a troll, and don't appreciate being called one. Yes, my views on this coronavirus go against the grain with most posters here. However, after watching the above CNN video on how a mask can help, I think they are probably a good thing in a grocery store. It is becoming disrespectful not to wear one.

As far as me saying CNN is the most truthful of the major three cable networks, that statement is backed up by facts. As you can see from this analysis all the networks have some untruths, but by far Fox tells the most lies and the most "pants on fire lies." I'm just telling it the way it is.
    See this link. https://www.politifact.com/article/2...news-channels/

I'm not a troll, and don't appreciate being called one. Yes, my views on this coronavirus go against the grain with most posters here. However, after watching the above CNN video on how a mask can help, I think they are probably a good thing in a grocery store. It is becoming disrespectful not to wear one.

As far as me saying CNN is the most truthful of the major three cable networks, that statement is backed up by facts. As you can see from this analysis all the networks have some untruths, but by far Fox tells the most lies and the most "pants on fire lies." I'm just telling it the way it is.
    Politifact! The "fact-checking" arm of CNN! You DO realize that if your watch is off by a few minutes, but you set it to another watch that's off by a few minutes, that doesn't mean they're both right.... right?

Great just another way to divide us The Mask wearers are obviously liberal and the non mask wearers are the conservatives.Can we just go back to hating each other because of Politics?

Quote Originally Posted by saber1 View Post
    Great just another way to divide us The Mask wearers are obviously liberal and the non mask wearers are the conservatives.Can we just go back to hating each other because of Politics?
    Or what kind of oil we use.

Yep, if I remember correctly, Anderson Cooper was telling us that we should be worrying more about the regular flu..covid is nothing to be concerned about.

Quote Originally Posted by slimcake View Post
    X2 best to ignore trolls just here to use JD for the left.

[QUOTE=Midwest Player;494602]However, after watching the above CNN video on how a mask can help, I think they are probably a good thing in a grocery store. It is becoming disrespectful not to wear one.

If masks WORK, why do businesses need to be closed? If they don’t work, why are we forced to wear them?

Manitowish Waters, WI and Village of Summit, Wisconsin

Candyman, you nailed it!

[QUOTE=candyman;494636]
    However, after watching the above CNN video on how a mask can help, I think they are probably a good thing in a grocery store. It is becoming disrespectful not to wear one.

If masks WORK, why do businesses need to be closed? If they donít work, why are we forced to wear them?
    short answer...Masks work in the proper controlled environment...when necessary. Not for everyday life. We are forced to wear them due to lefty politicians trying to scare you to gain control over your life. They love power

Quote Originally Posted by candyman View Post
    If masks WORK, why do businesses need to be closed? If they don’t work, why are we forced to wear them?
    Well it is now a moot point at least in Michigan. Gov Whitmer just laid down the law again and in her wisdom (remains to be seen) extended the stay at home order until May 28th. It appears she even toughened up the mask requirement now making it mandatory in enclosed public spaces.
    Here is what the order says on masks.
    Rules governing face coverings.(a)Except as provided in subsection (b) of this section, any individual able to medically tolerate a face covering must wear a covering over his or her nose and mouth—such as a homemade mask, scarf, bandana, or handkerchief—when in any enclosed public space.

Here is link to the entire latest order.
    https://content.govdelivery.com/atta...%202020-77.pdf

Sorry, Frau Whitler. Still not wearing one. Can't medically tolerate it.

If masks work so well, then why didn't they just put them on the criminals in jail, rather than let them out of jail because of the Corona virus? Something is missing here. There is as much data out there showing the ineffectiveness of a mask, as there is the effectiveness of a mask. I saw someone the other day wearing one with an exhalation valve on it. What happened to the idea that wearing a mask was to protect others? Something about not wearing a mask was selfish? Not protecting anyone when your breath goes straight out of it through the valve.

Give it a break already.
    Last edited by jr37; 05-09-2020 at 08:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ckreimeyer View Post
    If masks work so well, then why didn't they just put them on the criminals in jail, rather than let them out of jail because of the Corona virus? Something is missing here. There is as much data out there showing the ineffectiveness of a mask, as there is the effectiveness of a mask. I saw someone the other day wearing one with an exhalation valve on it. What happened to the idea that wearing a mask was to protect others? Something about not wearing a mask was selfish? Not protecting anyone when your breath goes straight out of it through the valve.
    Don't ask questions and just do as you're told.

Quote Originally Posted by ckreimeyer View Post
    The valve has a filter. They are replaceable. Sold on Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by dcsnomo View Post
    The valve has a filter. They are replaceable. Sold on Amazon.
    Maybe someone is selling some on Amazon now, but the 3M ones I have been selling most of my adult life don't. Never seen one with a filter on the valve. Until this crazy virus came to be, we all called them dust masks. They filter 95% of airborne particles down to .3 microns. This virus is much smaller than that. Not to mention if you wanted to make this really effective you would need to confirm the fit through a fit test. If it makes people feel better, then they are free to do whatever they wish. BTW the guy I saw with the mask that had a valve was a 3M cool valve mask. No filter.

While a valve does not change a respirator’s ability to help reduce a wearer’s exposure to bioaerosols, a person who isexhibiting symptoms of illness should not wear a valved respirator, because exhaled particles may leave the respirator via thevalve and enter the surrounding environment, potentially exposing other people.

Wow! Can't believe it has come to this. EVERYBODY, "Lighten up, Francis'." Let's all stay positive and we will get through this. Looking forward to snow again.

thanks for sharing

Wow, you really did drink the CNN KoolAid. If you see me out in public being "disrespectful" by not wearing a mask, call me out and see how that turns out for ya. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by DamageInc View Post
    Wow, you really did drink the CNN KoolAid. If you see me out in public being "disrespectful" by not wearing a mask, call me out and see how that turns out for ya. LOL!
    Yep.

And on the other end, boxers and heavy denim do not seem to filter out other things our bodies exhale., so why do we think a mask is really going to work? Just kidding; I willing wear one every time i leave my bunker.

Just like I have zero trust in my fellow motorist doing the right thing on the road, I have zero trust in my fellow man (or woman) doing the right thing regarding this COVID-19 thing.

I look at it this way; I go out without a mask, bring something home, have no symptoms, but yet infect a loved one with compromised health issues and they die. Do I really want to have to live with that, just because I was too stubborn to wear a mask. Really people, it is not that difficult to wear one.

Quote Originally Posted by DamageInc View Post
    It is very possible I might make a comment. I have already called out folks for not washing their hands when they come out of the bathroom stall.

Anyway, for all you macho guys out there, I think you will like this.

Sheboygan,Wi. Retirment home Lakewood, wi.

Finally... Somthing I can agree on!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Grant Hoar View Post

I look at it this way; I go out without a mask, bring something home, have no symptoms, but yet infect a loved one with compromised health issues and they die. Do I really want to have to live with that, just because I was too stubborn to wear a mask. Really people, it is not that difficult to wear one.
    I'm sure you’re just trying to do the right thing, but take a look at this video. https://banned.video/watch?id=5eb9a2...gPqcs3EFKVHhVs

Quote Originally Posted by garageguy View Post
    Finally... Somthing I can agree on!!!!
    Agreed....day can take dare masks and gloves and shove it....they don't work...and there's nothing that needs protection from either....many swallow the kool-aid blindly

I've seen the light, Now I get it, civility is over rated. I'm going to stop wearing masks today, even on the ATV. While I'm at it, I'll stop holding the door for old people and stop returning my shopping cart to the corral. Pizz all over public washrooms and let my dog crap wherever he wants. Ride on whichever side of the snowmo trail I want, then let my snot dripping helmet (cause I wont wear a balaclava mask) drain on the salad bar at the trail side restaurants. Sounds awesome don't it?

Quote Originally Posted by scoot View Post
    I've seen the light, Now I get it, civility is over rated. I'm going to stop wearing masks today, even on the ATV. While I'm at it, I'll stop holding the door for old people and stop returning my shopping cart to the corral. Pizz all over public washrooms and let my dog crap wherever he wants. Ride on whichever side of the snowmo trail I want, then let my snot dripping helmet (cause I wont wear a balaclava mask) drain on the salad bar at the trail side restaurants. Sounds awesome don't it?

apples and oranges

So are you saying to be civil, you're going to continue to wear a mask for the rest of your life so you can protect us all from whatever you may be carrying?

If masks are so damn functional then explain why your underwear, also cloth, doesn't stop a fart? Go ahead, I'll wait...

Were talking about protection from virus that noone has protected themselves from for the last 70 years or more.....not civility.....
    Last edited by dcsnomo; 05-12-2020 at 11:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by russholio View Post
    So are you saying to be civil, you're going to continue to wear a mask for the rest of your life so you can protect us all from whatever you may be carrying?
    Exactly, tens of thousands of people die from the flu in this country, every year. Are these mask wearers going to do it indefinitely? Nope, just until November 3, 2020.

The above in bold is exactly why i have a problem with the mask issue. The true "New Normal" is the act of beating a narrative into us so many times that the population just gives up on free thought. The idea of being disrespectful to others because one chooses not to wear a mask, is more of a problem for those that choose to feel disrespected. The same thing goes for being offended, the constitution for not give one the right to not be offended.
    Last edited by 6mile; 05-13-2020 at 09:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 6mile View Post
    The above in bold is exactly why i have a problem with the mask issue. The true "New Normal" is the act of beating a narrative into us so many times that the population just gives up on free thought. The idea of being disrespectful to others because one chooses not to wear a mask, is more of a problem for those that choose to feel disrespected. The same thing goes for being offended, the constitution for not give one the right to not be offended.
    Truth.

20200513_083024.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by 6mile View Post
    That's exactly what is going on. Good post. Right on

I was standing in line at Walgreens a couple days ago, Cashier (wearing a mask) says to the lady in front of me (also wearing a mask) whats that lovely smell, lady in front of me says "oh, its a new coconut lotion, smells wonderful doesnt it"?..................... I said "I bet you feel real safe wearing that mask now dont you", lady turns around to give me a piece of her mind and it hits her, I could see it on her face that she realized what I was talking about. And one more thing, Chicago FD held a graduation ceremony for 88 cadets, and yet the state cancelled all the high school graduations, and is currently trying to get our city to close the camp grounds......... but thats fine, you sheep keep on doing your sheep thing.

Ya people are nuts. Guy pulls up in the yard in his fancy Jeep. Puts his mask on. Gets out of the jeep and walks around a new tractor that I have in the yard. Spends 5 minutes outside, alone, with his mask on. Gets back into his Jeep and takes his mask off and drives away. Stupid. Last night a gal was walking out in a rural area on a walking path all alone with a mask on. Fresh air and sunshine are natures remedies! Now you think some mucus cover snot rag in front of your nose and mouth are good for you? Baaaaa baaaaa sheep!!

The only reason I wear a mask is to go into the stores that require them here... Same reasoning I wear shoes and a shirt as they also require them too here... Now I could choose not to go into the stores that requires them but that is my choice... Do I think they are stewpit and basically useless? "yes" but I need things and follow many stewpit rules daily to protect myself and others from harmful things...

Quote Originally Posted by yamadooed View Post
    The only reason I wear a mask is to go into the stores that require them here... Same reasoning I wear shoes and a shirt as they also require them too here... Now I could choose not to go into the stores that requires them but that is my choice... Do I think they are stewpit and basically useless? "yes" but I need things and follow many stewpit rules daily to protect myself and others from harmful things...
    I passed through Illinoize last week, and couldn't even go into a gas station without a mask. Wow. Suprised I didn't get arrested for having WI plates.

They were a lot more laid back in TN and KY, but restaurants were all carry-out only.

LOL - Peeing compared to breathing! Both required bodily functions I guess....

So M_P, you apparently like the guy wearing his cutsie mask to protect himself while putting up a chain link fence to protect himself from mosquitoes?

Here's why I'm not wearing a mask.

0_a6dr2KxstJZNLsDU.jpg

I am wearing my BRP Mod 2 helmet with the diaper pad in the snorkel. Now I bet my friends wish they had one....Who’s laughing now.

I love this one....LMFAO

meme1-300x300.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Tracker View Post
    I love this one....LMFAO

meme1-300x300.jpg
    Just curious, if you were in the White House or Governors seat,
    How would you approach the pandemic? In my opinion, it’s a diversion
    From much bigger things coming. I never believed lock down was the answer,
    Americans are too mobile.

Quote Originally Posted by highhertel View Post
    How would you approach the pandemic?
    State:
    1. Initiate lockdown for up to 21 days to allow time for #2.
    2. Construct temporary medical facilities to handle majority of cases that require hospitalization.
    3. Remove restrictions, make common-sense recommendations on how the more-susceptible should take steps to best protect themselves.
    4. Work with legislators to ensure reasonable (ie 2-4 weeks) of unemployment is available for those affected directly (tested positive) or high-risk (doctors note/other classification, but with higher bar then "I'm scared and want to stay home").

Federal:
    1. Give guidance to States on best practices and assistance with procuring necessary equipment/meds/related. This presumes States did not have plan/clue to begin with, which is fairly far-fetched.
    2. Consider source/transmission points and put in temporary mitigation strategies (ie travel bans).
    3. Pass legislation that spends $500 billion to construct permanent medical facilities that are only to be used in pandemic situation. 1 facility per given area of a given population. Put FEMA or Military (or both) in charge of operating these. Create a long term plan to provide for staffing when needed including consideration of military-style draft to pull in qualified staffing when necessary.

Once #3 is accomplished, 1-2 of the State-level items become unnecessary in the future, however if there ever was a truly overwhelming pandemic, the States would still have that playbook to follow to augment what the Feds provide.

The above is basically what the "experts" were telling us to do, but somewhere along the line those in charge thought that our existing healthcare system should take the brunt of this situation because they are "healthcare". However, our healthcare system is about $ and keeping beds warm with high-turnover to make that money. No hospital sits idle with empty beds and excess capacity, they should have only been there to catch the overflow as necessary.

The following year, we'd all look at the new Fed facilities the $500,000,000,000.00 built, sitting empty and doing nothing and say what a waste. Yet we've already given away twice that amount with what to show for it?

[PS - I'm not convinced of the conspiracy theories at this point]

Quote Originally Posted by highhertel View Post
    How would you approach the pandemic? In my opinion, it’s a diversion
    From much bigger things coming. I never believed lock down was the answer,
    Americans are too mobile.
    I would not of called it a pandemic....i would of continued to look for epstiens killers and that would have turned over alot of rocks with evil democrats under them and exposed the media for the fake it is....just watch 4 mins.....and it will be revealed.....not to mention the title says alot