Thread: Last one done

Default Last one done

My son had his abbreviated HS graduation last night. Each kid walked across the stage with only his parents in the auditorium while they videotaped it. Strange and unfortunate finish to his senior year but very proud of him
    . Felt bad for him and his friends. On to bigger things now!81A648A8-F99E-4463-8C49-7AB31104A467.jpg
    Last edited by elf; 05-14-2020 at 01:28 PM.

Such bummer for class of 2020. Congrats to your son!!

Congrats!

Congrats ELF.....now on to colleges so you ain't done yet.....lol.....nice non sideways picture too dude.....lol......watch the thread .....plans for the future for more insight.....haha

Quote Originally Posted by Tracker View Post
    Congrats ELF.....now on to colleges so you ain't done yet.....lol.....nice non sideways picture too dude.....lol......watch the thread .....plans for the future for more insight.....haha
    This one is targeting AF ROTC so if after a year or so he can start getting some scholarships it won't be horrible. My daughter who just wrapped up her freshman year at UW is on pace to graduate in 3 yrs so that'll help. But regardless, we are in for a couple of expensive yrs!

Congratulations! I take it your not an empty nester yet? We recently became empty nesters after seeing off our youngest of 4 daughters. It's weird, Nice, but weird. -Mezz

Quote Originally Posted by mezz View Post
    Congratulations! I take it your not an empty nester yet? We recently became empty nesters after seeing off our youngest of 4 daughters. It's weird, Nice, but weird. -Mezz
    He is the last one but is planing to go to college locally and plans to stay at home for the first yr at least. Almost empty nesters!

I guess you'll have to FEED THE BOY.....LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by Tracker View Post
    I guess you'll have to FEED THE BOY.....LMAO
    LOL, my son's graduation is currently postponed till July.

So what they are doing for the actual graduation ceremony is kind of neat. They videoed every kid walking across the stage individually and next friday night the school is hosting graduation at a mostly empty business park and they'll have a large inflatable screen and basically show a drive in movie of the graduation ceremony. Funny thing is on the invite they sent out they specifically said no coolers along with needing to stay in vehicle, etc... So they are doing what they can for the kids but it still sucks for them.

Quote Originally Posted by elf View Post
    So what they are doing for the actual graduation ceremony is kind of neat. They videoed every kid walking across the stage individually and next friday night the school is hosting graduation at a mostly empty business park and they'll have a large inflatable screen and basically show a drive in movie of the graduation ceremony. Funny thing is on the invite they sent out they specifically said no coolers along with needing to stay in vehicle, etc... So they are doing what they can for the kids but it still sucks for them.
    That's something that is unique for them at least. But I agree, definitely sucks for those kids. I have a couple other riding buds who's kids are graduating this year also, and all they've been doing is sitting on the couch. Well, besides jumping the fence at the high school stadium and playing catch until the cops run them out of there.....

Quote Originally Posted by xcr440 View Post
    That's something that is unique for them at least. But I agree, definitely sucks for those kids. I have a couple other riding buds who's kids are graduating this year also, and all they've been doing is sitting on the couch. Well, besides jumping the fence at the high school stadium and playing catch until the cops run them out of there.....
    Yeah, my son hasn't exactly been working real hard at the distance learning. Just enough to get by for the qtr and get moved on.

Congrats for your son!!