Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    above ground
    Posts
    633

    Default Anybody playing the stock market?

    Not downplaying all the pain and suffering many
    Folks are going through, but the volatility In the stock
    Market is a day traders dream. Buy the dips and sell the rips!
    If your out of work, learn how to day trade, there are
    Several traders I follow that nail moves daily. If interested, I can point out
    A few on Twitter.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Osseo Wisconsin
    Posts
    482

    Default

    Yes, constantly. But I don't buy stocks. I buy their put and call options which is likely what your 100% winners are doing. The wrong move can be a 100% loser to. I've spent the last 5 years going from milking my ladies to diversifying in the stock market. For the first year I did only paper trades. In other words pretend money. These guys are showing you 100% wins, but are they showing you what they lose. If they won't show you both sides of the spread you don't want to follow what they do. Is this a market were you can make money? Yes, but you can also lose everything if you are not experienced. If you want to try to control your own money go for it. Slowly, carefully, and with a healthy respect for the fact that the president's tweets can send the market either way depending on the context. If he keeps hammering on China all weekend next week could have an ugly sell off. If he plays negotiator the market will move up with Home Depot, Walmart, Target, and NVDIA pulling it through earnings.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    above ground
    Posts
    633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WorkHardPlayHrd View Post
    Yes, constantly. But I don't buy stocks. I buy their put and call options which is likely what your 100% winners are doing. The wrong move can be a 100% loser to. I've spent the last 5 years going from milking my ladies to diversifying in the stock market. For the first year I did only paper trades. In other words pretend money. These guys are showing you 100% wins, but are they showing you what they lose. If they won't show you both sides of the spread you don't want to follow what they do. Is this a market were you can make money? Yes, but you can also lose everything if you are not experienced. If you want to try to control your own money go for it. Slowly, carefully, and with a healthy respect for the fact that the president's tweets can send the market either way depending on the context. If he keeps hammering on China all weekend next week could have an ugly sell off. If he plays negotiator the market will move up with Home Depot, Walmart, Target, and NVDIA pulling it through earnings.
    SPX, RTY puts and calls. TVIX for volatility.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Osseo Wisconsin
    Posts
    482

    Default

    SPY, QQQ, VIX calls and puts. Long range calls HD, WMT, NVDA, VZ, V. Long range puts DE. SPY, QQQ, and VIX are normally only day trades. Rarely hold overnight unless the patterns really set up.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    above ground
    Posts
    633

    Default

    Missed SRNE today, my biotech group I followed
    Caught it early, 200% runner. Dang meetings lol

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    SC WISCONSIN
    Posts
    280

    Default

    What online trading platform is best for a beginner? I have always gone through my retirement guy, but have extra 10k so I want to try on my own.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    above ground
    Posts
    633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chunk06 View Post
    What online trading platform is best for a beginner? I have always gone through my retirement guy, but have extra 10k so I want to try on my own.
    I’ve been with Schwab for years, but there are many others.
    Depends on what your trading

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    vancouver
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chunk06 View Post
    What online trading platform is best for a beginner? I have always gone through my retirement guy, but have extra 10k so I want to try on my own.
    same question

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Neenah, Wisconsin is about 40 miles south of Green Bay's Lambeau Field.
    Posts
    1,910

    Default

    I've used TD Ameritrade for years. Easy to navigate, fast, and inexpensive. I think around $7 a trade. Google it, there's lots of tutorials out there.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Under a rock
    Posts
    390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by highhertel View Post
    I’ve been with Schwab for years, but there are many others.
    Depends on what your trading
    I thought you were on investors hub

    https://investorshub.advfn.com/board...spx?user=12485

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    se mn
    Posts
    2,084

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tracker View Post
    I thought you were on investors hub

    https://investorshub.advfn.com/board...spx?user=12485
    Tracker you got this guy shaking in his boots! A guy thinks he's all mighty and then what did you do track him down!! The name fits!!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    above ground
    Posts
    633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slimcake View Post
    Tracker you got this guy shaking in his boots! A guy thinks he's all mighty and then what did you do track him down!! The name fits!!
    Take advantage of the market volatility. With the Fed now purchasing ETF's and soon stocks directly, volatility will dry up. Japan stock market is 80% owned by their government, US market will be there soon.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    above ground
    Posts
    633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slimcake View Post
    Tracker you got this guy shaking in his boots! A guy thinks he's all mighty and then what did you do track him down!! The name fits!!
    Hitting the news wires now, fake?

    *FED'S POWELL SAYS A FED MANDATE TO BUY INDIVIDUAL STOCKS AND ETFs COULD BE A VACCINE ALTERNATIVE- 60 MINUTES INTERVIEW

    Source: Investing.com
    Last edited by highhertel; 05-17-2020 at 01:59 PM.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Under a rock
    Posts
    390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slimcake View Post
    Tracker you got this guy shaking in his boots! A guy thinks he's all mighty and then what did you do track him down!! The name fits!!
    I know.....he is just a doofuss....did you read his rants and how many a day.....LMFAO......just here to stir up business for his failing stock ideas.....his name does fit dont it.....ROTFLMAO.....i doubt he even rides sleds

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

» John Dee

» July 2020

S M T W T F S
282930 1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 1

» Stats

Members: 20,278
Threads: 28,594
Posts: 339,046

» Online Users: 61

3 members and 58 guests
Most users ever online was 2,946, 07-12-2019 at 01:11 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0