Default New Ford Bronco. Thoughts?

Just put my 100 bucks down on one. Wifes new daily driver. She wanted a Heep... I mean Jeep and I wasn't having it. This Bronco thing looks pretty neat and it is based on the Ranger chassis so its not all new or anything. I doubt we will ever really test the off road abilities but its the only smaller SUV that doesn't look like every other small SUV out there. I think it looks pretty cool. Going with two door Big Bend version 2.7 ecoboost w/10 speed auto. Loving the "area 51" paint color. u725_21_2dr_area51_env_1.jpg This buying first year stuff is usually a mistake I know but sometimes you just gotta gamble. Was looking at Camaro convertibles, mustang convertibles ect. Well the roof and the doors come off of this bronco so its like a convertible LOL.

Kinda cool. Enjoy.

congrats on the new ride Slim......however they look to much like a Range/Land Rover imo....shoulda went Jeep

Kind of reminiscent of the 70's style with a wider body, pretty cool looking to be honest with you. I'm not a Ford guy & I'm not anti-Jeep, I believe some of the toughest drive-trains out there, drove one in the Army. Now, they all look the same, unless you trick it out "your way" for additional bucks. Nice choice, enjoy it, top on or top off. -Mezz

I agree Mezz they are tough. But for a DD something a little more refined will be nice. IFS and rack and pinion steering should make have manners on the road. Won't have the thing for a year so if it turns out its a POS I am only out 100 bucks.

I like it. We have a 18 JL Wrangler. I don't think the Bronco will be as good off-road as a Wrangler, but most (imo 95%) dont go off-road anyway. IMO fire lane roads aren't off-road.
    On the street, the Bronco should be better, at least on paper. More refined interior. Should be a good "mall crawler" DD.

Quote Originally Posted by slimcake View Post
    Just put my 100 bucks down on one. Wifes new daily driver. She wanted a Heep... I mean Jeep and I wasn't having it. This Bronco thing looks pretty neat and it is based on the Ranger chassis so its not all new or anything. I doubt we will ever really test the off road abilities but its the only smaller SUV that doesn't look like every other small SUV out there. I think it looks pretty cool. Going with two door Big Bend version 2.7 ecoboost w/10 speed auto. Loving the "area 51" paint color. u725_21_2dr_area51_env_1.jpg This buying first year stuff is usually a mistake I know but sometimes you just gotta gamble. Was looking at Camaro convertibles, mustang convertibles ect. Well the roof and the doors come off of this bronco so its like a convertible LOL.
    Are you gettig the Sasquatch Edition?

I think it's kinda cool.

However I really like my Jeep and I have had bad luck with anything Ford.

I liked the Toyota FJ's too and had one. They are so dang ugly tho and that certainly held up their sale potential.

Best wishes and lotsa luck.

Quote Originally Posted by wirev View Post
    Are you gettig the Sasquatch Edition?

Nope. But don't tell tracker. I doubt the wife will take up rock crawling on the weekends... I think this thing will be more than capable just with the Big Bend package upgraded to the mid package. Heated seats and what not.

Slim, that 2.7 with 10 speed is a rocket. Had it in a 18 F150, has 400 ft lbs torque..should be fun.

Bear

I hear it will be ok to park on top a the boulders they landscape the mall parking lot islands with. 10psi max in them tyers.

....can't wait to see some mom with the doors off and the carseats fully exposed ....kinda like 1960's cool.

Isn't it supposed to be wider from an interior perspective than the Wrangler? That's what would sell me on it. The Wrangler is just super narrow feeling up front.

Some brownie points removed for the independent front suspension versus live axle.

Ya you have to be a pretty stupid consumer to let something like that happen. My Ford dealer just bought a new skidsteer from me. I think we understand how business works. Just like that little shop that sells me Polaris snowmachines. Its not always about being cheap. For me anyway.

lotsa stupid ppl with stupid money nowadays. the 3500 top of the line I'm special look at me $65k edition copies is sold out to the top of the line most dimwhittited buyers in the useless tiny SUV crowd.

my 2016 SC f150 got an 8' box never has to be made....LOLOLOLOL

no worries though....just have your wife get your 4x8 plywood @the HD....we will gladly cut it into 4 pieces on the panel saw so it will fit.....lolololol

You truly are an ignorant SOB. If it won't fit in my Silverado I'll put it on my 5500 Dodge with a 19 foot rollback. If it won't fit on that put it on my peterbilt with my 50 foot trailer. And to your point I won't shop at home Depot if I need lumber I'll call The local LumberYard right across the road from me and he will deliver it to wherever I want for nothing.

Where do you store the doors when yur out acting like Tatoo and the "Boss" on Fantasy Island?

BTW is Ricardo packing a pistol?