Default World Championship Derby, Eagle River

For immediate release:

World Championship Derby Complex will host a

WCDC MOTORSPORT SHOW AND SWAP
    SEPTEMBER 11, 12, 13, 2020

Go to WCDC Facebook for all the info.

Also www.derbycomplex.com

A great thing for Eagle River and the Derby Track. Rev.

Neenah, Wisconsin is about 40 miles south of Green Bay's Lambeau Field.

There's some good news, glad to hear this.

Are you coming up, Gary? If so, look me up. I'll be there every day. Don't know what I'll be doing yet, but just ask for the "Rev."

Hopefully this happens and they don't have to cancel. I am planning on going Saturday. Should be a good time and perhaps the only show that may happen this year the way it's going.

It will be interesting to see what the ER town board will do with a gathering of this size. Cranberry Fest follows in October and that brings in 20 to 30,000 people and your elbow to elbow in the fair grounds and a huge economic surge for the area. Idk cancel one and not cancel the other wouldn’t make sense. This will be very interesting to see how the town board handles these promotions just no way to social distance imo.

Pete, it was approved by the town board. Of course, that is contingent upon covid staying level or down, if it goes up, it will probably be cancelled. Also, they are not expecting the crowds that Hay Days gets.

Chuck I hope it happens very smart for Russ and crew to promote this show and fills a huge preseason void. I hope it happens and is successful. I was planning on attending the 2020 Milwaukee Snow Show but I don’t have much confidence that will happen.

If it happens we'll be coming. Kids want to go to. They really miss the tractor pulls.

Quote Originally Posted by WorkHardPlayHrd View Post
    If it happens we'll be coming. Kids want to go to. They really miss the tractor pulls.
    Haven't seen that on the schd but anything can happen.

Quote Originally Posted by wirev View Post
    Haven't seen that on the schd but anything can happen.
    What I meant to say is they want something to do. Normally we go to a fair, or the tractor pull, or Hay days. But this year just isn't what they normally expect from summer. So they will enjoy going just to go somewhere that has something to do with what they enjoy.

What I meant to say is they want something to do. Normally we go to a fair, or the tractor pull, or Hay days. But this year just isn't what they normally expect from summer. So they will enjoy going just to go somewhere that has something to do with what they enjoy.
    Sorry, my bad. If you come, look me up. I'm the Track Chaplain and will be around somewhere, Rev.

$50.00 for me and the wife to have the privilege of buying someone else's junque?.....LOL....or am I missing something?....live bands?, free beer pass?.....carnival rides?
    I like the idea of the event, but I think your overall attendance and take would be better and the whole event more successful with a more reasonable gate fee.
    Your vendors need bodies....and wallets.... to make bank.
    Last edited by snobuilder; 07-26-2020 at 10:37 AM.

My favorite thing at the fair!!! haven't missed one in at least 40 years! hair still stands on end when that beautiful red, ivory and chrome International 1066 turbo is at the line waiting for the engine to catch up with the turbo!! Union Grove will be having a tractor pull in August! and I'm sure it will be a good show...knowing who it putting it together! DONT MISS IT!

Quote Originally Posted by euphoric1 View Post
    My favorite thing at the fair!!! haven't missed one in at least 40 years! hair still stands on end when that beautiful red, ivory and chrome International 1066 turbo is at the line waiting for the engine to catch up with the turbo!! Union Grove will be having a tractor pull in August! and I'm sure it will be a good show...knowing who it putting it together! DONT MISS IT!
    Dozin Through & Reaper, my husband's favorite tractor is the first one he ever bought a 1974 International 1066. Only thing left to do to her is a sweet paint job and it'll be like new. First time since we got married that we didn't go to the Budweiser Pull in Tomah, and that was because they canceled! One of the things we do every year that has been messed up by this whole debacle.

Phoenix, AZ (Displaced Yooper with family connections in Houghton, Ontonagon & Marquette counties.)

First time since we got married that we didn't go to the Budweiser Pull in Tomah
    "the Budweiser Pull": Tractors vs. Clydesdales?

Quote Originally Posted by frnash View Post
    "the Budweiser Pull": Tractors vs. Clydesdales?
    Budweiser is the main sponsor.😁🐴 vs 🚜

Anyone heard what vendors they have lined up for this? Have family in the area, was thinking about coming up labor day weekend. Might delay a week if this will be a decent event.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
    Anyone heard what vendors they have lined up for this? Have family in the area, was thinking about coming up labor day weekend. Might delay a week if this will be a decent event.
    Excellent question and knowing how OEMS budget marketing money it might be tough to attend this event. So far Fall Snow Show in Milwaukee in October is on. I was hoping the Derby would have a follow up announcement so we know the Vendor list.

As of Wednesday everything is still up in the air somewhat. Believe they are waiting for full commitments in some areas before they make anymore announcements. My gut feeling is it will be a great time and many vendors as long as covid doesn't spike. Fones have been busy. There are definitely a lot of preparations going on, both with vendors and the facilities. I wouldn't think that this would be unless it is a major go. Might know more by the end of next week. I will be working at the track a few days on a couple of projects. Rev

Already got my room booked! (Best Western across the street, figure it will make for an easy walk).

O.K. here's is info as of Friday 3P.M. Skidoo will have their 21's here as well as Artic Cat. Yamaha is still in a decision with Polaris saying a definite "No" at this time. There are 107 Swapers committed as of right now. Fly Racing will have their complete '21 line up here as well as other vendors [don't have the specifics on them]. No other info at this time but things are starting to come together really well for the Derby and Eagle River at this time. This is all straight from the office and authorized for me to pass on. Of course, this also depends on the "covid" situation, but as it stands, everything is a definite "Go."

It's the only event of it's kind happening this year, so it's probably going to be a hit. But, $25 to walk in the gate to buy someone else's stuff. No for me. It's not Haydays. Make it $10 and greatly increase your audience.

$25 no way for this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by jr37 View Post
    It's the only event of it's kind happening this year, so it's probably going to be a hit. But, $25 to walk in the gate to buy someone else's stuff. No for me. It's not Haydays. Make it $10 and greatly increase your audience.
    The Wausau swap/drags are cancelled also?

Quote Originally Posted by xcr440 View Post
    The Wausau swap/drags are cancelled also?

Yes, Wausau is canceled.

Just announced over WCDC Facebook. You can go there and watch the video of what has transpired so far including more particulars. The biggie to some here, $10 bucks on Sunday. Some exciting things announced during that video including a Friday night race event and a Band in the Expo hall. If you are thinking of attending, i encourage you to watch and video and monitor more announcements from the Facebook site. There was also some big news announced for the 2021 race season. Rev.

Pat's will be there. Stop by and see us! We look forward to seeing everyone!

Looks like the Milw and Novi shows are now cancelled, so this may be it...

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
    Looks like the Milw and Novi shows are now cancelled, so this may be it...
    i thought i read that its not going to happen because the venues where theyre held are being used for makeshift hospitals.
    not necessarily to keep people from gathering

And further information on this event? Vendors etc? I need some trailer mats and glides.

For immediate release.

For immediate release:

Friday Night X-Game type action:

Under the lights you will see some of the top FXM riders in the world: Brian McCarty, Addamm Jones, Anthony Murry and Travis Cady on their motorcycles doing amazing stunts culminating with a UTV [SXS] back flip by Levi Rentz for the first time in Wisconsin history. [Promotor: Octane Addictions] Live music will follow.

As of right now there are 181 spots for the swap meet [registration closed], and right at 40 vendors. Phones are staying busy! Rev

Has anyone seen the list of vendors? Or know of vendors any vendors attending? Sounds like Pats Motorsports will be attending

Mark and Timberline Sports will be there. There are still some vendors to get confirmation. Wouldn't surprise me if by this time next week there will be more info on vendors on their Facebook site. Rev

Pats will be there

Yes Pat's will be there!

This is a copied from their facebook page of what is going on so far.

You won't want to miss this: Octane Additions invites you to become Part of Breathtaking History!
    "Friday Night X-Game Type Action... the Friday night show outside under the lights, you will see some of the Top FMX Riders in the World: Brian McCarty, Adam Jones, Anthony Murray and Travis Cady on their motorcycles doing amazing stunts, culminating with a UTV (side by side) Back Flip by Levi Rentz for the First Time in Wisconsin History.
    50th Anniversary of Mike Trapp winning the World Championship will be on hand to Sign Autographs!
    To keep everyone social distanced the Limited 180 Swap Booths are SOLD OUT!
    Beer Garden, Food Vendors available daily as well as Beverage Carts with Beer, Soda and water throughout the grounds!
    See 2021 Polaris, Ski-doo and Yamaha Snowmobiles on display!
    WCDC is adding displayers and distributers daily and see the following exhibitors: 2021 Wisconsin Military Snowmobile Ride (WMSR), American Council of Snowmobile Associations, AMSOIL, B & M Fabrications, Bag King, Bikeman Performance, Boondock Nation, Caliber, CBoysTV, Clutch Energy Drink, Composit Tracks, Conover ATV Club, Discover Mediaworks, Fly Racing, Guard, Hexco, International Snowmobile Hall of Fame, Jimmy McHugh, John Deere, Justin Sled USA, Ken’s Sports, Krause Kustom Design, Meyer Yamaha, Mike Trapp 50th Anniversary Display, More Freaking Power, O'Reilly's Auto Parts, Pat’s Auto and Sports, Port Yamaha/Arctic Cat & Snow Studs, Snowmobile Racing Hall of Fame, Sled Head Racing, Sno-Eagles Snowmobile Club, Summit Motor Sports, Thunder Products Clutching, Track Inc, Trackside, Ultimate Groomer Drags, USSA Racing, Vintage Snowmobile Displayers, Wild Eagle Lodge, Yellow Fever Collectors and ZBroz.

Ken's Sports. Count me in!!! $50 winter coats for the whole family EVERY year!!!!! First and last stop at H. Days every time.

Quote Originally Posted by 600_RMK_144 View Post
    Ken's Sports. Count me in!!! $50 winter coats for the whole family EVERY year!!!!! First and last stop at H. Days every time.
    Same here first and last booth! They also have great deals on Polaris oil

Vimtage sled show by yellow fever club.

The trailer is loaded and we are ready to roll down in the AM! Stop by and see us. We will have good deals on Jackets, helmets, accessories and we have some great deals on used and new sleds!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul@Pat's View Post
    The trailer is loaded and we are ready to roll down in the AM! Stop by and see us. We will have good deals on Jackets, helmets, accessories and we have some great deals on used and new sleds!
    See you in the morning! Rev

Have a great time this weekend Paul!

Wow, what a great opening day. Crowds were huge. Very successful and the night time entertainment exceptional. So happy for the WCDC. Rev.

Yeah, I went last night too. Lots of fun. Good show

Quote Originally Posted by mikes99ss View Post
    Yeah, I went last night too. Lots of fun. Good show
    Probably ran into you. I stayed upstairs most of the time.

We were directly in front of the building. By the landing ramp

Mt bad, thought you were talking about the music. I was in the VIP suite. Decided to go there as I had ditched my jacket and didn't want to go after it.

Wow! What a weekend. Busy, busy, busy. The turnout was far better than expected. Friday show was awesome and even when the rains came on Saturday, it was packed between 10-2:30. Crowds, swapers and vendors all had a good time, with most asking if we were going to do it again! "We'll see." Had some minor glitches and few complaints and learned a few things. It was pretty awesome considering it was put together in about 6 weeks! It was a great time for the Derby and Eagle River. Rev

Wow! What a weekend. Busy, busy, busy. The turnout was far better than expected. Friday show was awesome and even when the rains came on Saturday, it was packed between 10-2:30. Crowds, swapers and vendors all had a good time, with most asking if we were going to do it again! "We'll see." Had some minor glitches and few complaints and learned a few things. It was pretty awesome considering it was put together in about 6 weeks! It was a great time for the Derby and Eagle River. Rev
    Where you part of the show? Like planning committee or something?

Great show.. Great Job to put this all together..

We had a very good turn out. We really appreciated that we had a show to attend and a event to get people fired up for snow season. On Saturday we started out the day great with good crowds but I think the rain didnt help in the afternoon. If they have it again next year Pat's will be there.

Quote Originally Posted by srt20 View Post
    Where you part of the show? Like planning committee or something?
    Sorry for the late reply. Left Monday A.M. on an 1100 mile bike trip. First trip with the Spyder! I wasn't part of the show. I'm the Track Chaplain and yes I was involved with some of the things that went on, plus some inside info. It certainly was an great way to showcase the track. The new owners have doing a wonderful job with all aspects of running the track. From what I have heard, those that race are also very appreciative. Bigger and better things are in the works for the future. Rev.

Sorry for the late reply. Left Monday A.M. on an 1100 mile bike trip. First trip with the Spyder! I wasn't part of the show. I'm the Track Chaplain and yes I was involved with some of the things that went on, plus some inside info. It certainly was an great way to showcase the track. The new owners have doing a wonderful job with all aspects of running the track. From what I have heard, those that race are also very appreciative. Bigger and better things are in the works for the future. Rev.
    I sent ya a pm.