Results 1 to 67 of 67
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Waterford,WI
    Posts
    10,209

    Default WI State Fair Opens Temporary Hospital

    This is the reason the 2020 Snow Show was postponed months ago. I didnít think it would be used ... guess I was sadly wrong.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Watersmeet
    Posts
    807

    Default

    From what I’ve heard on the tube about 900ish cases in hospital statewide. They are claiming hospitals are at 80% and state fair can hold 530 and going to send about 50 there today. So does it really need to be used? But to keep the scare up if that is what you believe why not open it up. It will be more interesting to see how long it is used and how long they leave it up.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Waterford,Wi
    Posts
    1,115

    Default

    15,000 hospital beds in the state and 900 beds are overwhelming, we have bigger problems! When I was in hospital in august...was ghost town...beds and staff (I realize things have changed) but 900 beds...STATEWIDE in a system with 15,000 beds How many of those beds are being used in total?? as far as I know and correct me if I am wrong hospitalizations and surgeries have not yet returned to normal. Tavern league now suing state of Wi and good for them because if this continues there will be many restaurants and bars lost for good for something that has a 99% survival rate..... "99%"!!! CDC released that 71% of people polled that were positively diagnosed stated that they wore "MASKS" regularly and even if we get a vaccine it could only be 40% to 50% effective. And why have we never seen an explosion of cases centered around grocery stores, Walmart's and home improvement centers??? "some" schools reopen and wala explosion of cases, again why not grocery stores, Walmart's and home improvement centers??? Unless you quarantine EVERYONE, come up with a vaccine that is 100% effective and EVERYONE gets it, guess what??? its not going away...EVER. Why don't people get this and I have news, after nov 4th or thanks giving when the last ballot is counted its not going away, things will either get worse or REALLY worse, IMO
    Last edited by euphoric1; 10-14-2020 at 10:09 AM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Sheboygan,Wi. Retirment home Lakewood, wi.
    Posts
    351

    Default

    Have a friend who is a nurse for a lung Dr. In Milwaukee. She deals with covid Pts. Daily. I asked her about the hospitals. Being over run this past weekend. She said there are plen ty of beds. The Iccu. Is not over run and conditions havent really changed in the last month.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Lakeville, MN
    Posts
    2,506

    Default

    Meanwhile...... https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/...mm6936a5-H.pdf (Page 4 with the mask wearing survey)

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Watertown WI
    Posts
    1,987

    Default

    My wife works at a bunch of different hospitals in WI.
    I cant really get into specifics, but I can honestly say some (or even many) of the things that are reported by the newspaper, local news channels, local officials, state officials, and governor are anywhere from very inaccurate to complete B.S.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Waterford,Wi
    Posts
    1,115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xcr440 View Post
    Meanwhile...... https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/...mm6936a5-H.pdf (Page 4 with the mask wearing survey)
    And why haven't these statistics been shared over the media that keeps pounding masks, social distancing, limited capacities??? because you cant stop it and there is the proof

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by srt20 View Post
    My wife works at a bunch of different hospitals in WI.
    I cant really get into specifics, but I can honestly say some (or even many) of the things that are reported by the newspaper, local news channels, local officials, state officials, and governor are anywhere from very inaccurate to complete B.S.
    My sister is in the same boat as your wife and I concur, B.S. is an understatement. I cant wait to see how we will react when flu season arrives
    Last edited by euphoric1; 10-14-2020 at 03:11 PM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Central MN
    Posts
    510

    Default

    with respect to Johns rules I will not take this any farther and hopefully every one else will do the same.......It will be VERY INTERRESTING to see what happens after the election! Will this B.S. continue or will it slowly fade away into the deep dark night hopefully to become a distance memory?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    SC WISCONSIN
    Posts
    319

    Default

    A girl that I know that is a RN told me the same the other day. Her hospital is not full, she would estimate it as about the same amount of beds filled as flu season.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    se mn
    Posts
    2,211

    Default

    Shows how far the swamp will go to rig an election. That should scare every American to their core!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Osseo Wisconsin
    Posts
    558

    Default

    Unfortunately I as of today I now know someone who will likely not be with us soon because of Covid. Yes he is older, and yes he has health problems, but he is one of the best neighbors and farmers you could ever know. Sounds like it came back with one of his grandkids from school. They didn't listen to mom and Dad and went across the road to see Grandpa and Grandma who were outside raking leaves. Grandma has it, but is at home physically okay, but mentally devastated. She hasn't not spent a day or night without him for 51 years. No one is allowed to visit him in hospital. The grandchildren are inconsolable. I hope and pray for a miracle that this turns around. I don't want the kids carrying that kind of guilt around. Unfortunately as life has taught me sometimes things don't go as we hoped.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    115

    Default

    There's no doubt that COVID is real, my brother has it right now(electrician at a refinery), and my neighbor across the street had it a month ago(he works for IDOC), both got it from their work place and both lost sense of smell and taste that's the only symptoms, so yeah its a real virus......but my sister is a nurse and works as one of the tracers for IDPH and she's been pretty busy, but all this front line grandstanding a fear mongering about hospital capacity and running out of beds is complete BS, she says that almost every case is quarantined at home, the one fatality we had in county was an elderly person with COPD, so yeah its real, and it can be deadly and I feel like people need to be educated about it, but the information needs to be factual and it needs to be honest, the only thing they are doing is losing trust from the public. When people don't get tested and they receive a positive test that's pretty darn sketchy and its all to pump the numbers up and scare the sh$t out of people.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Waterford,Wi
    Posts
    1,115

    Default

    Was in hospital first part of august, just starting to get bills $256.00 for covid test???? now that's a bunch of BS

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Mokena, IL/Spread Eagle, WI
    Posts
    1,243

    Default

    I don't know anyone who thinks the China Virus isn't real. It's the over reaction that's nuts.

    Workhardplayhrd...maybe you should suggest to your neighbors to consult with their doctor to use the same drugs the President used. He's looking pretty good now...

    It doesn't really matter how someone gets it...it's going to happen one way or another. If my Mother was to get it and needed to go the the hospital I can guarantee you that she'd be on those meds asap.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Darboy,Wi
    Posts
    2,110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dfattack View Post
    I don't know anyone who thinks the China Virus isn't real. It's the over reaction .
    Totally agree.
    I don't get this testing stuff either.........take a test for something there's no treatment for....just send ya home.....don't need test to tell ya your sick.
    My question is where are these people all getting sick from?? Every store, gas station, bank most people I see are wearing a mask.....and since we're all told mask work.........

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dfattack View Post
    I don't know anyone who thinks the China Virus isn't real. It's the over reaction that's nuts.

    Workhardplayhrd...maybe you should suggest to your neighbors to consult with their doctor to use the same drugs the President used. He's looking pretty good now...

    It doesn't really matter how someone gets it...it's going to happen one way or another. If my Mother was to get it and needed to go the the hospital I can guarantee you that she'd be on those meds asap.
    Ha, with the way covid is exploding in WI your Mother would be lucky to find a tent bed hospital set up in Lambeau field. Forget about those specialty meds that are in such short supply. They will be reserved for the rich and powerful.

    WI had its chance, instead they rejected the Governors orders and covid exploded. Now you can drown in your own misery.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Darboy,Wi
    Posts
    2,110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post
    WI had its chance, instead they rejected the Governors orders and covid exploded. Now you can drown in your own misery.

    Yes, the people have spoken.......better to get the Covaids than ruled by a tyrant.......Dec.1st Covaids tour coming to city near you.
    So I was in Walmart this morning........was hole 2 people without masks....... imagine how much we could control spread if there was law forcing those 2 people to wear masks!!

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Sheboygan,Wi. Retirment home Lakewood, wi.
    Posts
    351

    Default

    Old frail people stay in your house. Be scared for good reason. The rest of the folks who's healthy need to get on with life. Untill a workable vaccine is available. Herd immunity is 5he only thing that will slow this down.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Oakdale MN
    Posts
    2,219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post
    Ha, with the way covid is exploding in WI your Mother would be lucky to find a tent bed hospital set up in Lambeau field. Forget about those specialty meds that are in such short supply. They will be reserved for the rich and powerful.

    WI had its chance, instead they rejected the Governors orders and covid exploded. Now you can drown in your own misery.
    Lots of open beds in hospitals.
    Another scare tactic opening tent hospital at fair grounds

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Elgin, IL.
    Posts
    701

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post
    Ha, with the way covid is exploding in WI your Mother would be lucky to find a tent bed hospital set up in Lambeau field. Forget about those specialty meds that are in such short supply. They will be reserved for the rich and powerful.

    WI had its chance, instead they rejected the Governors orders and covid exploded. Now you can drown in your own misery.
    Wow! What a truly mean thing to say.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Hallock MN. 20 miles south of Canada - 10 miles east of ND.
    Posts
    2,413

    Default

    This site is not controlled by Twitter or Facebook or Google. The opinions here are the real voting public. There are a few token hard core liberals here but the vast majority can see through this media generated fantasy. I don't think the election is going to be close. The polls are nothing but wishful thinking by the media.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Shorewood,IL and Woodruff Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,352

    Default

    I had it actually had to go buy some Aleve had a headache for a day seemed like mild flu symptoms. People that are not in good shape or older should stay in and let the others go on with life. I was hoping to lose my sense of taste would be a good diet for a few weeks. Let it snow tired of working

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Waterford,WI
    Posts
    10,209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post
    Ha, with the way covid is exploding in WI your Mother would be lucky to find a tent bed hospital set up in Lambeau field. Forget about those specialty meds that are in such short supply. They will be reserved for the rich and powerful.

    WI had its chance, instead they rejected the Governors orders and covid exploded. Now you can drown in your own misery.
    What is your fixation with tent hospitals?? I don’t know of any tent hospitals in the Midwest they do not exist.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    minocqua
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Number of current patients at state fair hospital is zero..this site gives daily updates


    https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/covid-...e-facility.htm

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Waterford,Wi
    Posts
    1,115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grub View Post
    This site is not controlled by Twitter or Facebook or Google. The opinions here are the real voting public. There are a few token hard core liberals here but the vast majority can see through this media generated fantasy. I don't think the election is going to be close. The polls are nothing but wishful thinking by the media.
    Amen to that!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by harvest1121 View Post
    I had it actually had to go buy some Aleve had a headache for a day seemed like mild flu symptoms. People that are not in good shape or older should stay in and let the others go on with life. I was hoping to lose my sense of taste would be a good diet for a few weeks. Let it snow tired of working
    exactly how this thing should have been handled from the beginning, but with what we know now...EXACTLY how this thing should be handled going forward!

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Mokena, IL/Spread Eagle, WI
    Posts
    1,243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post
    Ha, with the way covid is exploding in WI your Mother would be lucky to find a tent bed hospital set up in Lambeau field. Forget about those specialty meds that are in such short supply. They will be reserved for the rich and powerful.

    WI had its chance, instead they rejected the Governors orders and covid exploded. Now you can drown in your own misery.
    I can assure you I'm not drowning in any misery. I'm not sure why you would even think that I am. I'm a happy proud American who supports myself and provides hundreds of jobs to others. My mother is healthy and will be for decades to come. She won't need a bed in a hospital, but if she was to ever need one I have no doubt there would be one available.

    I don't want to engage in a back and forth with you because you have made it very clear how you think. You seem to be the one in "misery". You spew out things that aren't true as if they were fact. I don't know of one hospital that is over run with patients, in fact all I hear is that most are almost empty and staff are being sent home.

    Normally I ignore posts from people like you but since you directed a shot at me I thought I would respond. If you don't like or agree with how the majority of people on this site think why do you come here? That's just weird to me.

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    SC WISCONSIN
    Posts
    319

    Default

    Thanks for the link

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Wetmore, MI
    Posts
    580

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xsledder View Post
    Wow! What a truly mean thing to say.

    Would you expect anything less from him?

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    se mn
    Posts
    2,211

    Default

    MP what kind of snowmobile do you have?? This is the sixth or seventh time I have asked you...

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Darboy,Wi
    Posts
    2,110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slimcake View Post
    MP what kind of snowmobile do you have?? This is the sixth or seventh time I have asked you...
    Not sure if you read these, post# 111 and #115.
    http://forum.johndee.com/vbulletin/s...lls-Open/page6

  31. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Waterford,WI
    Posts
    10,209

    Default

    Yep MP definitely a troll to this website. JD membership can get in some lively debates but never express ill will towards anyone. MP says all his neighbors in WI deserve to catch Covid. WOW...that is an all time low for any post I ever read on this website and I have been a member for a very long time.

  32. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sweeperguy View Post
    Lots of open beds in hospitals.
    Another scare tactic opening tent hospital at fair grounds
    Not so sure where you are getting your information from, but parts of WI are near hospital bed capacity. Plans have to to in place in case additional space is needed. Hopefully, field hospital won't be needed.

    https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/...au/3578202001/

    https://www.postcrescent.com/story/n...ve/5915194002/

  33. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Darboy,Wi
    Posts
    2,110

    Default

    Green Bays Dr. That does all tv was finally asked and admitted that rooms were not filled in sense that All rooms were physically occupied but but because of staff.
    So basically they're understaffed......big big difference.. But ya gotta make story fit narrative. Back in my day...lol.... a lie was a lie.

  34. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Elgin, IL.
    Posts
    701

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by buddah2 View Post
    Would you expect anything less from him?
    You're right. I should have known better.

  35. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whitedust View Post
    Yep MP definitely a troll to this website. JD membership can get in some lively debates but never express ill will towards anyone. MP says all his neighbors in WI deserve to catch Covid. WOW...that is an all time low for any post I ever read on this website and I have been a member for a very long time.
    What a bunch of bs. Time and time again really bad stuff has been said about both the Governors of MI and WI on this site when they are only trying to protect the health of the citizens. Yeah, most here are lock in step with each other, but when somebody disagrees with the majority you call them a troll.

  36. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Elgin, IL.
    Posts
    701

    Default

    John should add "ill will" as another rule.

  37. #37
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    se mn
    Posts
    2,211

    Default

    Midwest player what kind of snowmobile do you ride?? 8th time I have asked you now!

  38. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    1,985

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post
    What a bunch of bs. Time and time again really bad stuff has been said about both the Governors of MI and WI on this site when they are only trying to protect the health of the citizens. Yeah, most here are lock in step with each other, but when somebody disagrees with the majority you call them a troll.
    Dude, you are a troll.
    Who on thie site do you you have a common interest with?

    There are plenty of dem lover websites etc..

    Find one..please.

    Bear

  39. #39
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Hazel Park, Michigan
    Posts
    1,851

    Default

    #Don'tFeedTheTrolls

  40. #40
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Waterford,WI
    Posts
    10,209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post
    What a bunch of bs. Time and time again really bad stuff has been said about both the Governors of MI and WI on this site when they are only trying to protect the health of the citizens. Yeah, most here are lock in step with each other, but when somebody disagrees with the majority you call them a troll.
    You are welcome to enter any debate on this site within site rules but to wish ill will towards anyone just is not what the JD membership is about. We do not do that here but you do it all the time. You probably don’t realize many of us have socialized face to face with each other and care about each other. You could try to fit in a bit and realize your words have meaning. As dfattack said it does seem weird that you frequent this website since snow central is about weather and snowmobiling and you have little to no interest in either topic. Are you here for political reasons? If so you will probably stop posting after Election Day. When the snow flies Snow Central will be all about the next snow storm , trail reports , and area condition questions. You will have little interest in any of this. So I’ll say bye bye to you now. Bye Bye.

  41. #41
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Oakdale MN
    Posts
    2,219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post
    Not so sure where you are getting your information from, but parts of WI are near hospital bed capacity. Plans have to to in place in case additional space is needed. Hopefully, field hospital won't be needed.

    https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/...au/3578202001/

    https://www.postcrescent.com/story/n...ve/5915194002/
    To start with this thread post #'s 3,4,6,7 and 9. Didn't go through whole thread. And I've talked to people personally, Wi residents, who have family members or acquaintance 's who are in medical field.
    The number of cases increasing significantly because of much more testing, but these are not filling beds.
    So much twisting of information to make this seem worse than it is. (Not saying its not a bad situation). In your link the story in the journal sentinel, it says one hospital 94% full. But further down it says this

    The number of people hospitalized in Wisconsin due to the virus*reached a new high Tuesday, with 646 coronavirus patients occupying beds across the state, including 205 patients in ICU beds.

    No way these 800 some patients are overwhelming the system
    Last edited by sweeperguy; 10-18-2020 at 09:37 PM.

  42. #42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sweeperguy View Post
    And I've talked to people personally, Wi residents, who have family members or acquaintance 's who are in medical field.
    Nobody who works in healthcare is telling you they aren't busy as **** right now. Every hospital I work with in Northeast Wisconsin, Southeast Wisconsin, and Central Wisconsin are in near panic mode. I would say the only hospital customers I have that are not completely on fire at the moment are in Western Wisconsin. At least those are the only locations not calling and screaming at our customer service staff because we can't keep up.

    I actually miss the days back in the spring when I laid people off because hospitals were empty. I'd take a few weeks of that right now.

  43. #43
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Eleva,WI
    Posts
    635

    Default

    My wife is in the medical field also, and the have been crazy busy for quite a few weeks, way before this "spike".

  44. #44
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Lakeville, MN
    Posts
    2,506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by renegade View Post
    My wife is in the medical field also, and the have been crazy busy for quite a few weeks, way before this "spike".
    I see you are from Eleva! The little woman, her daughter and I were just talking about how to pronounce that name! We’ve been taking the scenic route on 10 lately between our two places. Where is the closest medical facility there? We are debating a consolidation location if not up north.

  45. #45
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Lakeville, MN
    Posts
    2,506

    Default

    This Covid gets quite the opposite in opinion but no one seems to say or ask, what could or can we do differently?

    Testing isnít stopping the Covid.
    Lockdowns didnít stop the Covid.
    Masks didnít stop the Covid.
    Staying in our homes didnít stop the Covid.

    What is the magic solution to this? I know this much, Iím not going to stop living my life the way I want to live it. Iím not being selfish, Iím not being un-caring of others, Iím not being reckless. There is nothing anyone has told or shown me to change how I live my life when it comes to the Covid. If that ever happens, Iíll take notice. Until then, see you all on the snow this winter....

  46. #46
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Hallock MN. 20 miles south of Canada - 10 miles east of ND.
    Posts
    2,413

    Default

    Covid is an airborne virus. You can mask up or social distance or do whatever turns your crank. It doesn't matter. Sooner or later you and everyone else on the planet will be exposed to it. The Only way to stop it would be to get rid of all the air. That would present a whole bunch of new problems. For one my snowmobile wouldn't run right. All the hand wringing and speeches and rules and regulations will accomplish nothing more than prolonging this stupidity. 1000 new cases a day - who cares? All that means is a few more people will die in 2020 rather than 2021. Sorry folks that is the long and the short of it. For this the economy has been destroyed and the next generation of kids is getting dumber by the day.

  47. #47
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Waterford,Wi
    Posts
    1,115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grub View Post
    Covid is an airborne virus. You can mask up or social distance or do whatever turns your crank. It doesn't matter. Sooner or later you and everyone else on the planet will be exposed to it. The Only way to stop it would be to get rid of all the air. That would present a whole bunch of new problems. For one my snowmobile wouldn't run right. All the hand wringing and speeches and rules and regulations will accomplish nothing more than prolonging this stupidity. 1000 new cases a day - who cares? All that means is a few more people will die in 2020 rather than 2021. Sorry folks that is the long and the short of it. For this the economy has been destroyed and the next generation of kids is getting dumber by the day.
    EXACTLY! Was announced this morning that our Gov is launching a 6 figure advertising campaign recognizing his achievements during this "CRISIS" and pointing out the failure of the other side (Yeah right) for all the gullible people out there, don't forget we have many who haven't received a single unemployment check, yet he is launching a 6 figure advertising campaign which if you ask me is just a swift slap in the face for Wisconsinites. I cant wait for January...I need a throttle lever and 800 cc's to unload some frustrations on! uuuugh!!

  48. #48
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    SC WISCONSIN
    Posts
    319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by euphoric1 View Post
    EXACTLY! Was announced this morning that our Gov is launching a 6 figure advertising campaign recognizing his achievements during this "CRISIS" and pointing out the failure of the other side (Yeah right) for all the gullible people out there, don't forget we have many who haven't received a single unemployment check, yet he is launching a 6 figure advertising campaign which if you ask me is just a swift slap in the face for Wisconsinites. I cant wait for January...I need a throttle lever and 800 cc's to unload some frustrations on! uuuugh!!
    What is up with the unemployment? I have a buddy who signed up for 3 weeks back in July and has not seen it?

  49. #49
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Waterford,Wi
    Posts
    1,115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chunk06 View Post
    What is up with the unemployment? I have a buddy who signed up for 3 weeks back in July and has not seen it?
    Time to call the Gov and ask him exactly that!! it is beyond ridiculous!! meanwhile we are coming up with MILLIONS to highlight his achievements! way to go WISCO!!! GREAT JOB GOV!! NOT!!!!!
    My father in law was taken to hospital via ambulance yesterday with all the symptoms of covid ( not saying he has it ) is now hospitalized, current diagnosis... severe pneumonia, performed covid test but was told this morning that wouldn't have results for up to 4 days, ok WAIT A MINUTE!! they post daily results on tv there are tests that can come back in minutes/hours, when I was in hospital took day and a half... 4 DAYS???? I just don't get it, I cant believe how a "VIRUS" has disrupted things as bad as it has and again something that is PUBLICLY noted to have a 99% survival rate, we have bigger issues folks

  50. #50
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    South Central Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chunk06 View Post
    What is up with the unemployment? I have a buddy who signed up for 3 weeks back in July and has not seen it?
    Exactly. September 1st the additional $300 people were supposed to get, executive order signed by Trump, hasn't been delivered yet, by the time Wisconsin gets off there butt and gets it figured out, that money will be gone. Sure, Evers fired the guy in charge of workforce development, but, nothing has been done about the additional $300.

    Someone said Evers is also running adds telling people not to sign the recall papers, sorry Tony boy, I already signed! Lol
    Lake Effect Snow, my three favorite words.

  51. #51
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Hallock MN. 20 miles south of Canada - 10 miles east of ND.
    Posts
    2,413

    Default

    Even out here in backwoods MN you can get a Covid test and have the results in 20 minutes. And it is free. I know because I did it
    ..

  52. #52
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    SC WISCONSIN
    Posts
    319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grub View Post
    Even out here in backwoods MN you can get a Covid test and have the results in 20 minutes. And it is free. I know because I did it
    ..
    They just setup free testing in a park here last week, all it did was make it s a reason for everyone and their brother and sister with the sniffles a reason to get tested. My wife talked to a co worker that had it done and it was negative. He figured it was allergies, but just wanted to make sure! lol Dude is highly educated too. If you're one of those types that always thinks they are sick of course you are going to go get the free test. and it is the start of cold season

  53. #53
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    South Central Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,113

    Default

    I'm saving taking a covid test until January, if it's positive, I will quarantine myself for two weeks, paid, in the u.p., on my sled!
    Lake Effect Snow, my three favorite words.

  54. #54
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Darboy,Wi
    Posts
    2,110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skylar View Post
    I'm saving taking a covid test until January, if it's positive, I will quarantine myself for two weeks, paid, in the u.p., on my sled!
    Same!! Lol.
    Actually my employer you just have to been in contact with someone and you get 2 weeks paid off!!!!!!!!! Gonna be good winter. LMAO.

  55. #55
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Eleva,WI
    Posts
    635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xcr440 View Post
    I see you are from Eleva! The little woman, her daughter and I were just talking about how to pronounce that name! We’ve been taking the scenic route on 10 lately between our two places. Where is the closest medical facility there? We are debating a consolidation location if not up north.
    Pronounced ee-lee-va( with short A sound on the end). Clinics in mondovi, osseo, plus big hospitals in eau Claire, three of them. All less then 15 miles.

  56. #56
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Neenah, Wisconsin is about 40 miles south of Green Bay's Lambeau Field.
    Posts
    2,013

    Default

    I have an Aunt that lives there, nice little town. Wanna know how it got it's name? True story.

    The village was originally named "New Chicago". The new grain elevator in town had the letters "ELEVA" (as in Elevator) painted on it just before winter struck and the painters quit for the season. Newcomers assumed the letters were the name of the village and it stuck. The village was founded in 1880. A post office called Eleva has been in operation since 1885.

  57. #57
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Osseo Wisconsin
    Posts
    558

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gary_in_neenah View Post
    I have an Aunt that lives there, nice little town. Wanna know how it got it's name? True story.

    The village was originally named "New Chicago". The new grain elevator in town had the letters "ELEVA" (as in Elevator) painted on it just before winter struck and the painters quit for the season. Newcomers assumed the letters were the name of the village and it stuck. The village was founded in 1880. A post office called Eleva has been in operation since 1885.
    Ok Gary how do you know that?

  58. #58
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (Displaced Yooper with family connections in Houghton, Ontonagon & Marquette counties.)
    Posts
    3,233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WorkHardPlayHrd View Post
    Ok Gary how do you know that?
    It's a big secret.
    See (click →) Wickedypedia.

  59. #59
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Eleva,WI
    Posts
    635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gary_in_neenah View Post
    I have an Aunt that lives there, nice little town. Wanna know how it got it's name? True story.

    The village was originally named "New Chicago". The new grain elevator in town had the letters "ELEVA" (as in Elevator) painted on it just before winter struck and the painters quit for the season. Newcomers assumed the letters were the name of the village and it stuck. The village was founded in 1880. A post office called Eleva has been in operation since 1885.
    This is the story. However, the reasons seem to differ. I have never heard the quit for the season. I've heard a thunderstorm forced the painters down and they went to the bar got drunk for three days and never finished. I've also heard they went to lunch and got drunk for three days and never finished. Not sure exactly what the truth is, but we do have a museum I should see if the answer lies in there. One of my dads friends bought the old feed mill and he painted "ELEVA. . . ." on the elevator, so its actually back on the elevator! Whatever the reason is, I'm glad it is not New Chicago.

    And Gary, chances are I know your aunt. I've lived here over 40 years.
    Last edited by renegade; 10-26-2020 at 09:32 PM.

  60. #60
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Darboy,Wi
    Posts
    2,110

    Default

    As along as someone else brought this thread back.......I'll mention the 4 current patients admitted taking strain off our hospitals.

    https://www.wbay.com/app/2020/10/26/...ase-milestone/

  61. #61
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Waterford,Wi
    Posts
    1,115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eagle1 View Post
    As along as someone else brought this thread back.......I'll mention the 4 current patients admitted taking strain off our hospitals.

    https://www.wbay.com/app/2020/10/26/...ase-milestone/
    Thank God!! that $24 million or what ever it was and the few hundred that were to be employed....JUSTIFIED!!! was beginning to think it was a complete waste...Boy was I wrong!!
    Last edited by euphoric1; 10-27-2020 at 10:22 AM.

  62. #62
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Sheboygan,Wi. Retirment home Lakewood, wi.
    Posts
    351

    Default

    Hahaha covid patients all in one big room separated by hanging bed sheets...what could possibly go wrong.

  63. #63
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    SC WISCONSIN
    Posts
    319

    Default

    After the link was posted I check it daily just to remind myself how messed up this whole deal is. My wife's Friend works not too far from there and she said the have room for the 4 people lol. She is unbiased and her thought was that it is just a show!

  64. #64
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Waterford,WI
    Posts
    10,209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by garageguy View Post
    Hahaha covid patients all in one big room separated by hanging bed sheets...what could possibly go wrong.
    My understanding is State Fair is a clearing house for Covid cases who are not seriously ill spend hours there then sent home to recover and quarantine. Necessary?...probably not at this point of the Pandemic.

  65. #65
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Sheboygan,Wi. Retirment home Lakewood, wi.
    Posts
    351

    Default

    Spend hours there swapping each others germs.

  66. #66
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Waterford,Wi
    Posts
    1,115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by garageguy View Post
    Spend hours there swapping each others germs.
    wait...what??? a "super spreader" facility??? say it isn't so! lol

  67. #67
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    SC WISCONSIN
    Posts
    319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whitedust View Post
    My understanding is State Fair is a clearing house for Covid cases who are not seriously ill spend hours there then sent home to recover and quarantine. Necessary?...probably not at this point of the Pandemic.
    That is what I was told as well, maybe a few people that do not have anyone else at home? If I was sent there and was not in serious shape I would be getting up and heading home

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

» John Dee

» November 2020

S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 12345

» Stats

Members: 20,320
Threads: 28,861
Posts: 342,093

» Online Users: 293

8 members and 285 guests
Most users ever online was 2,946, 07-12-2019 at 02:11 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Rhubarb (52)
jimbo1974 (46)
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0