Default Garage floor issues

So I have a low spot in one corner of my garage and when snow melts off the car all runs to that area. It is about an inch low any ideas to build this area up to get water to run away?

Only process I know is mudjacking. Drilling holes in concrete then they inject concrete to lift the low spot. Usually not very pretty but it will level your floor. That’s how you permanently solve your problem. If you want to get creative do it yourself solution you maybe able to install a drain tile it out side to a drain pit but your floor will still be off level.

Go to your nearest concrete supply store, they make a few products that will self level. Most will hold up better if the area is blasted first but I have used it at the cabin outdoors and it's held up for years.

Just drill a few holes in lowest spot it will seep out.

https://www.watcofloors.com/products...kaAo1REALw_wcB

Have used this myself both in our warehouse with forklift traffic and for a problem just like you describe in my dads garage. Pretty amazing stuff. Did the warehouse 6 years ago and still holding up great on a very high traffic area. Forklift and hand truck traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by slimcake View Post
    https://www.watcofloors.com/products...kaAo1REALw_wcB

Have used this myself both in our warehouse with forklift traffic and for a problem just like you describe in my dads garage. Pretty amazing stuff. Did the warehouse 6 years ago and still holding up great on a very high traffic area. Forklift and hand truck traffic.
    Slim without reading the instructions yet did you have to do anything to prep the concrete?

I didn't in the warehouse or dads garage just cleaned it real good and made sure it was dust free. In our shop I did a door threshold where we added on and I did use some paint thinner stuff on that surface to make sure it stuck.

Thanks Slim

Here is how to get water up from a garage floor due to snow melt. It won't fix the problem of a low spot.

Take a shovel and throw some snow on the water. The snow will act like a sponge and soak up all the water. Then just shovel up the slushy snow and throw it outside the garage. Works great and takes any sand from the car along with the water.

Wow typical lefty. Throw more problems at the problem and then hope for the best... Us guys that have to fix problems actually come up with a fix. I can't believe what I am reading there....

Sheboygan,Wi. Retirment home Lakewood, wi.

Hahaha get yerself a solar panel or wind generator. Hook it up to a heat lamp. Shine it on the wet spot till its gone

Neenah, Wisconsin is about 40 miles south of Green Bay's Lambeau Field.

I've used the self leveling products with success. Other than following instructions, make sure there are no holes or cracks that can cause it to leak. It dries quick so you have to work fast.

Gary

Wow typical lefty. Throw more problems at the problem and then hope for the best... Us guys that have to fix problems actually come up with a fix. I can't believe what I am reading there....
    Don't knock it until you try it. It works great and is easy to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post
    Don't knock it until you try it. It works great and is easy to do.
    What kind of snowmobile do you own that the snow melts from?

Bear

Quote Originally Posted by 1fujifilm View Post
    What kind of snowmobile do you own that the snow melts from?

Bear

Yep still waiting on the answer to that question Bear. Suppose he is hoping election goes in his favor so then we have to buy him a snowmobile....

Thanks fot your product recommendation Slim. I had a slab poured for my shop and I've got a low spot right in front of the service door.

IMG_20201026_081444927.jpgIMG_20201026_081600705.jpg The first pic is in the warehouse. Was a huge drop right in the main traffic lane. Its dirty and dusty but at 6 years old I am very happy with it. The second is the threshold between shops. The guys could hardly roll their toolboxes through there. Its good stuff but as was mentioned you need to work fast. I wish I woulda had a bit more mixed up in the warehouse but by the time I woulda mixed more what was there was hard. Lot better than it was though!!

Do you just pour it out or do you have to work it a little??

I know,,, I read it twice because I didn't believe what I read the first time.

Yep still waiting on the answer to that question Bear. Suppose he is hoping election goes in his favor so then we have to buy him a snowmobile....
    I don’t think I can type LOL enough times!!

Quote Originally Posted by garageguy View Post
    Do you just pour it out or do you have to work it a little??
    I just mixed it in a pail with one of those drill attachment mixers and poured it out. It levels itself. Didn't touch it. Just pour it out.

Hallock MN. 20 miles south of Canada - 10 miles east of ND.

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post
    Here is how to get water up from a garage floor due to snow melt. It won't fix the problem of a low spot.

Take a shovel and throw some snow on the water. The snow will act like a sponge and soak up all the water. Then just shovel up the slushy snow and throw it outside the garage. Works great and takes any sand from the car along with the water.
    I must be missing something here. As it is written this is the dumbest thing I have ever seen in print. Maybe I will go drink a quart of Jack. Then it might make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by grub View Post
    I must be missing something here. As it is written this is the dumbest thing I have ever seen in print. Maybe I will go drink a quart of Jack. Then it might make sense.
    Try it before you knock it.

There would be no reason for me to try it. For starts I have drains in my floors in both my garage and my shop. I was there when all the slabs were poured and I made sure everything drained to the drains rather than have the drains on the top of a hill. Secondly I have heated floors in my garage and my shop. Thirdly I have ceiling fans blowing down on the floors to assist in the drying process. And fourthly - if that is a word - when I come home and there is snow on my vehicle I try to get off as much as I can before I put it inside. If the day comes when I start shoveling snow into my heated buildings then I will have dementia and I hope somebody shoots me. Maybe you should try some of my ideas.

Plus I keep my Garage and Shop at 65 degrees. For four reasons. I didn't pay all that money for insulation to keep the buildings at 33 and 1/4 degrees. The snow melts and dries up quicker. My dog is happy. And best of all it makes liberals mad that I waste energy.

if the day comes when i start shoveling snow into my heated buildings then i will have dementia and i hope somebody shoots me.
    lol!!

We can roll you around in the water then shovel you out the door

Plus I keep my Garage and Shop at 65 degrees. For four reasons. I didn't pay all that money for insulation to keep the buildings at 33 and 1/4 degrees. The snow melts and dries up quicker. My dog is happy. And best of all it makes liberals mad that I waste energy.
    If I lived 20 miles south of Canada, I'd heat everything, too.

Not to fight the topic but yes lots of good floor levers out there and I can suggest mapie’s seeing I use all the time for being in the flooring industry but some will required work seeing never feather edges perfectly also I have heated garage with drains and I actually shovel clean snow in on floors weekly or every 2 and sweep the snow from the farthest point to the door with push broom and it picks up all the sand and salt then I shovel out off my stamped Crete apron so won’t freeze or come back in on sleds and trucks. Cleans my garage up in 15-20 minutes and not down the drains if any residue left I hose it off. Seriously does work and learned from my dad this quick trick to keep the shop and garage cleaner in winter. Basically does what mopping does

Leveler will work but will not be even close to as hard as cement .you can shoot flooring staples thrugh most all the leveler out there .