Default How many of yoose can eat a whole pasty???

I just can't friggen do it. Krupps version. I have been outside all afternoon. Didn't hardly eat lunch and I'm done. Full. Couldn't drink a beer if I had to give me some whiskey!!! Darn good though!!16039295470018059828919497976059.jpg

Oh my the pasties at Krupps , I always get one with a little gravy on the side and then I get one of those bear claws Yum Yum Yum wish I could get some now, I guess you really have to like them because they do have a little bit somewhat of a plain taste to them, it’s an acquired taste, Too bad they don’t have some kind of a provision to where they can ship all over the country

I eat a whole one when I get up there in the morning on my day trips before I ride. Notta problem!

Easy peasy!
    Lake Effect Snow, my three favorite words.

Always.

O I love Krupp's pasties. Love them, and you didn't finish it! What have you done?😡 Just joking.😊

Krupps pasties should be on the Michigan shield! The year my wife separated her knee, riding a sled that was in limp mode with a long ride back to the cabin, she still wanted to stop and pick up Krupps pasties, anyone who hasn't had one...YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE MISSING!!! Don't forget the gravy! and a cookie! Heavenly food made by wonderful people!!

Easy, can't wait until the New Years trip to get a Krupps Pasties! Now I'm hungry.

OH! you said _pasty_. Gotta work on my reading comprehension skills.

Quote Originally Posted by 2TrakR View Post
    OH! you said _pasty_. Gotta work on my reading comprehension skills.
    oops...maybe referring to the food product plural would be pasty's not pasties, didn't think about that, didn't intend to be a rated "R" post, to clarify I get "pasty's" at Krupps...not pasties, didn't see any of those there...

Quote Originally Posted by euphoric1 View Post
    oops...maybe referring to the food product plural would be pasty's not pasties, didn't think about that, didn't intend to be a rated "R" post, to clarify I get "pasty's" at Krupps...not pasties, didn't see any of those there...
    You made me have to go look it up - LOL

Child’s play!

No problem! I probably should only eat half of one! My clothes may fit a lil looser lol. Never had the gravy with them or had a fresh one. But I always stop and buy frozen ones to take back home.20201029_171621.jpg
    20201029_171621.jpg
    I think Ill do just that!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Always eat a whole one. Rarely never finish. Krupps are great, there are others in the UP just as good. I even like the ones with rutabagas in them. That is an acquired taste for most though. I hrew up on them so the palette is trained

Phoenix, AZ (Displaced Yooper with family connections in Houghton, Ontonagon & Marquette counties.)

Krupps pasties should be on the Michigan shield! The year my wife separated her knee, riding a sled that was in limp mode with a long ride back to the cabin, she still wanted to stop and pick up Krupps pasties, anyone who hasn't had one...YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE MISSING!!! Don't forget the gravy! and a cookie! Heavenly food made by wonderful people!!
    Gravy??? On pasty? Ye dogs!

Pyhäinhäväistys! Ketsuppi kiitos! (Sacrilege! Ketchup please!)

This may explain it (an old Finnish tradition ) from the Nordic Recipe Archive:
    "Thinking of basic brown sauce induces a feeling of disgust in some Finns — and they cannot be blamed when one has seen the horrid "gravy" they have been fed with throughout their lives in most Finnish homes, restaurants and school or workplace canteens, poorly prepared by unskilled cooks, mostly using industrial sauce bases or instant sauce mixes.

In addition, as the unimaginative dish of "boiled potatoes with brown sauce" was considered as staple, cheap daily grub of the poorer bygone generations, the sauce is generally frowned upon, usually by those who have never had it properly made. Of course, there are also those who always eat it quite happily, no matter how grainy, starch-tasting and unappetising it may be :-)

At its worst, badly prepared brown sauce is a slimy, lumpy, brownish-grey "glue" made just by thickening some low-grade, watery stock with uncooked flour, or using ready-made instant thickener flours or starch mixes."
    "… plural would be pasty's not pasties …"?

Um, no! Ya do not ever make a plural with an apostrophe, that makes it possessive, not plural!
    Example: one dog, two dogs (plural), a dog's tail, two dogs' tails (possessive).

Sheesh! English is a dying language!
    Last edited by frnash; 10-31-2020 at 09:55 AM.

...and you are the discussion board english teacher!😉

No problem finishing off two of Krupp's pasties at a time. In fact, did it this last summer. They seem smaller than they use to be.

Plural of pasty is pasties.
    https://www.wordhippo.com/what-is/th...ish_pasty.html

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post
    No problem finishing off two of Krupp's pasties at a time. In fact, did it this last summer. They seem smaller than they use to be.

Two at a time? Holy cow!!
    Hmmm.....should probably bring some home so everyone in the house can also eat 2 at a time, then ya’ll can reenact that wonderful campfire scene in “Blazing Saddles”. LOL

Phoenix, AZ (Displaced Yooper with family connections in Houghton, Ontonagon & Marquette counties.)

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post

Woo hoo, lookie there:
    A proper possessive (with an apostrophe) and a proper plural (without an apostrophe): "Krupp's pasties"!

Hurrah!
    here may still be hope for the English language!

yup i'm a big fan too. i like mine with butter and a
    slice of cheese melted on top!

Quote Originally Posted by ragex2 View Post
    yup i'm a big fan too. i like mine with butter and a
    slice of cheese melted on top!
    Now that sounds good, will have to try!

I like ketchup on mine. But Im mostly Finnish.

To answer the original post, yes. Also, my doctor says I'm the perfect weight if I was 7' 3".

Oh I put lots of shredded cheese on mine. That and black pepper. Yum.

Quote Originally Posted by slimcake View Post
    Oh I put lots of shredded cheese on mine. That and black pepper. Yum.
    Going to try that. Haven't yet.

Though I have had brown gravy with a pasty before, I still prefer Ketchup & yes, I can eat the whole thing. There are quite a few pasty makers in the area & many are delicious & some, not so much. I won't get into who is good & who is not, but Krupps does make a delicious pasty. -Mezz

Myself and my wife and boys eat a whole one at a time. After years of trial and error, Krupps are the best. Usually buy on the way up. Order a dozen or so to pick up on the way home. It's time to make a run for pasties again.

Quote Originally Posted by srt20 View Post
    I like ketchup on mine. But Im mostly Finnish.
    Well there ya go, I'm not the only one!