PDA

View Full Version : Profile pictures?

snoluver1
12-09-2009, 06:59 PM
Why are some larger than others? Mine is so tiny you can barely make it out.

Paul
12-09-2009, 08:24 PM
The size of profile pictures was changed after the frist day or so. The board automatically resized the pictures before the change to 100x100. Anything that was uploaded before the size change will not get resized unless a new larger picure is uploaded again.

snoluver1
12-09-2009, 09:35 PM
Thanks

lofsfire
12-23-2009, 03:35 PM
Hey Pual,
So I'm getting the new board stuff down and reentering my data and playing with a picture hosting site. Can we use embed slideshow feature? I'm using Picasa from google and its let you take one of you albums and make it in to a slide show. Gives you the same type of link as a picture.

The next two question has to do with the User Profile Picture. First is the size of that limited to 100x100? Even for pictures hosted on another site like Picasa. The last questions is can someone use an embed sideshow for User Profile Picture?

Paul
12-25-2009, 11:39 AM
Hey Pual,
So I'm getting the new board stuff down and reentering my data and playing with a picture hosting site. Can we use embed slideshow feature? I'm using Picasa from google and its let you take one of you albums and make it in to a slide show. Gives you the same type of link as a picture.

The next two question has to do with the User Profile Picture. First is the size of that limited to 100x100? Even for pictures hosted on another site like Picasa. The last questions is can someone use an embed sideshow for User Profile Picture?

I doubt you can use the embedded side show feature for you profile picture, can always try and see if it works that would give you your answer. If your putting the slideshow in an actual post it may work since HTML is enabled, not exactly how the embeded slideshow works, just guessing it uses HTML

No the size is not limited to 100x100, it is larger than that, with pictures you can always upload any size you want and the system will resize to the max size, that way you don't need to worry about getting it the correct size, just upload whatever you want. Only bad thing about that is if you upload a huge file it will take longer.