PDA

View Full Version : Signatures

famousguy
01-19-2010, 09:50 PM
Not that I really want signatures. I am not sure I would even use one.

However, I would like to know why Skylar can have a signature, but nobody else can??

Is there something special about him???

chadlyt
01-19-2010, 10:44 PM
maybe cause he is a mod?

mvedepo
01-19-2010, 11:26 PM
Shouldn't MOD's be held to the same standard we are? Not only does he get a signature he also gets smileys! :-P

Administrator
01-20-2010, 03:46 AM
You guys crack me up. Don't you have anything larger in life to worry about?

Skylar has a signature because when we were first setting up the board and I made him a moderator for it, I allowed for the signature (actually I just did not even worry about signatures). Then when the board was set up, I wanted to keep the clean look and not have things like signatures or avatars cluttering things up every time someone posted.

So there is the deep and secret and conspiracy filled reason why Skylar has a signature and everyone does not. Perhaps I can see about turning his off so you all can sleep at night.

-John

dab102999
01-20-2010, 05:21 AM
The way I see it John and the mod squad have to put up with all the crap that we post so haveing sig's for them is not problem at all. I wouldn't even care if they had avatars. (In fact I think you should have them to rub it in!!!!) I would like to have them but I can see fully why we don't and have no problem with that. I like this set up more then the old board but it has been brought up already that it seems like there is more btchn and compainin then before and that is for sure. Let things be as they are. I like looking at the other sites also but we all have to admit that this board is WAY MORE friendly then the others (at least it was) and I myself don't want to loose that. Everyone has a right to ask a question but once the answer is given why isn't that good enough???? John you and the mod squad do a great job and please keep it up.

Thanks you,
Doug

sjshaner
01-20-2010, 07:32 AM
Besides, it is kind of nice to be able to differentiate the Mods fron everyone else for those of us who don't know who all the Mods are. I say give ALL the Mods signatures. My own .02.

jim
01-20-2010, 08:01 AM
..."mommy, he got a bigger piece of pie than i got!" wah, wah, wah
john, i love your site and what you have done for the snowmobile community, keep up the great job! just tell 'em- this ain't burger king, you get it MY way... jmho

mrsjac95
01-20-2010, 09:48 AM
Not that I really want signatures. I am not sure I would even use one.

However, I would like to know why Skylar can have a signature, but nobody else can??

Is there something special about him???

Cuz, he's like, Skylar, ya know, I mean... S K Y L A R!?

frnash
01-20-2010, 01:38 PM
it is kind of nice to be able to differentiate the Mods fron(sic) everyone else
Da Mods and Rockers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mods_and_rockers)? {smile}

sjshaner
01-20-2010, 02:30 PM
Sorry Frnash, not a touch typist so try to shorten things up when I can. I meant Moderators.

frnash
01-20-2010, 02:45 PM
I meant Moderators.
Of course, "Mods" is a valid abbreviation for Moderators.

HIGHLANDER
01-20-2010, 10:10 PM
famousguy, give it up.
this is becoming comical.
or is that what you intended?

tbear
01-24-2010, 12:05 PM
The site is perfect as it is, but it does help to know who the moderators are. Thanks to everyone who help to make our favorate sport easier and more fun.