PDA

View Full Version : The Paulding Experiment

mrsrunningbear
03-21-2010, 04:12 PM
It's official.......April 9th and 10th 2010 THE PAULDING EXPERIMENT

Due to all the fun we’re having about the Paulding Mystery Light…..is it a phenomena or car headlights…....????? We’re gonna offer our place Running Bear Resort to fellow JDers who would like to come here and help find the source of the light with Lenny and his family and The Bears.

We’re only gonna ask 20.00 for the cabins…..its off season and we want to have some fun!!!!. :)

We have a great campfire ring and a large pavilion for a cookout. Bring your 4 wheelers we’re right on the trail. Bring the kids and pets are welcome in a couple of the cabin.

This is gonna be a great time and we hope to meet some of you fellow JDers

Oh yeah I almost forgot…..on post #145 in the Paulding Light thread Lenny generously offered a free guided snowmobile tour in Greenland for anyone who attends the ‘The Paulding Experiment” Wow how cool is that!!!!! We’d all be getting together again when da snows flying!!!

Here’s the plan I have so far

1. Friday arrive at the Running Bear – doesn’t matter what time
2. Food and beverages will be part of all activities :D- BYOB
3. Friday Night go see the light :eek:and discuss theories
4. Saturday check out theories and set up experiment
5. Saturday night cookout
6. After Dark “Solve the Mystery”
7. Final campfire with awards ceremony…(he he he) and tears in the beers for the losers :(
8. Depart Sunday

Hope to here from you!!!!
Give me Linda (mrsrunningbear) a PM or call the resort 906-827-3208

Dave_B
03-21-2010, 04:36 PM
Sounds like fun! If we're up there, count me in. I'll let you know.
Dave

lenny
03-21-2010, 08:18 PM
nice job with the arrangements. Looking forward to the camp fire. It's time to make plans, hang out with the RBears, camp fire and food,,,oh yea, drinks!

Maybe this outta be an annual event, sure is a beautiful area to see.

peppermill
03-21-2010, 09:35 PM
We will be there! Looking forward to meeting new people and enjoying the campfire, cookout, 4-wheeling and sharing the stories of the PAULDING LIGHT. Thank you Runningbear Resort for giving us this opportunity. See ya all then.

lenny
03-22-2010, 08:40 AM
Yea! that's great

jr37
03-22-2010, 11:19 AM
We would love to do it, but will have to wait until summer. Maybe the RBears can fill us in when we get there later this summer, earlier if I can get some time off. Sounds like a good time meeting some fellow JDer's

mrsrunningbear
03-22-2010, 01:39 PM
We would love to do it, but will have to wait until summer. Maybe the RBears can fill us in when we get there later this summer, earlier if I can get some time off. Sounds like a good time meeting some fellow JDer's

jr37 come on grab the family, bring food from the fridge, your Dad :)...last minute vacations are a gas.....well at least I know we'll meet you this summer if I can't talk you into this :D

jr37
03-22-2010, 02:00 PM
jr37 come on grab the family, bring food from the fridge, your Dad :)...last minute vacations are a gas.....well at least I know we'll meet you this summer if I can't talk you into this :D

I just don't think it's gonna work out. I work a swing shift and I will be on 3rd shift that week, which means I don't get off work until 7 am Sat. morning. Try to nap and then drive the 3 hours to get there, not much weekend left. The only way it will work is if it is a slow week and I wouldn't have to work on Friday, which is always a possibility. I hope everyone has a blast.

radsrh
03-22-2010, 02:23 PM
any cabins left??? I would love to head up and be a part of this!!! let me know and we will take one. Thanks Steve

mrsrunningbear
03-22-2010, 02:26 PM
cool...and yes we have cabins...how many beds do you need?

radsrh
03-22-2010, 04:22 PM
Go figuar we had plans for one weekend in April and guess where they fall ;( So it looks like I won't be taking a cabin, would love to join the party and hang out with everybody.

skidoo mxz
03-22-2010, 10:20 PM
I will be up for the day on Saturday but won't be able to spend the night... Looking forward to meeting everyone!

mrsrunningbear
03-22-2010, 10:40 PM
skidoo mxz sounds great its gonna be fun...it will be nice to meet you

Professor PC
03-22-2010, 11:21 PM
too soon....last hurrah is out here until may 1st for alot of us

http://rwis.mdt.mt.gov/scanweb/lolo.shtml

skidoo mxz
03-23-2010, 02:53 PM
Looking forward to meeting all the JD'ers too! Should be a fun night! :)

Dave_B
03-23-2010, 07:22 PM
Linda,
It looks like we may be up there the weekend before the Official event. Let me know if you guys are going to be around and I'll bring the family over for a practice run. Either way, we'll stop by.
Dave

mrsrunningbear
03-24-2010, 08:59 AM
Linda,
It looks like we may be up there the weekend before the Official event. Let me know if you guys are going to be around and I'll bring the family over for a practice run. Either way, we'll stop by.
Dave

We'll be here...come on by!!!!!

peter
03-24-2010, 10:41 PM
I will not be able to make it, I checked my calender and have to work that weekend.

thunderstruck88
03-24-2010, 10:49 PM
hey I've got to work also :( but MrsRunningbear will you tell BIG FOOT i said hi lol ;) take care and have fun to wish I could be there :) THINK SNOW!!!

mrsrunningbear
03-25-2010, 07:52 AM
hey peter and thunderstuck88 sorry you guys can't come.....kinda knew it was gonna be tough for people to get away......our down time is everyone else’s busy time. Hopefully we can do something again so we can meet. But we're gonna have some fun with this for sure. Just not sure what we're gonna do with the results? And old Big Foot will have his day :D

racerx
03-25-2010, 11:39 PM
hmmm...something to think about. Was planning to get to our barn to put the sleds down soon and may try to combine it with this event. The wife has been made at me as with all the times up there she has not seen it yet my family members who seen our property one time have seen the "lights" (not sure how that happened).

We will have to see what I can work out, maybe could swing at least a night altho I would still have to get my work done and you know the "girls" have to catch up and do their thing as I believe Klondike w/e was the last time they got together, "such a long time ago".

mrsrunningbear
03-26-2010, 12:31 PM
hmmm...something to think about. Was planning to get to our barn to put the sleds down soon and may try to combine it with this event. The wife has been made at me as with all the times up there she has not seen it yet my family members who seen our property one time have seen the "lights" (not sure how that happened).

We will have to see what I can work out, maybe could swing at least a night altho I would still have to get my work done and you know the "girls" have to catch up and do their thing as I believe Klondike w/e was the last time they got together, "such a long time ago".

Oh that would be fun...hope you two can make it work....maybe we could talk Mike and Suzie into coming up for a bit too :)...could be real fun....even tho Lenny says I'm gonna have tears in my beer.....:D

lenny
03-26-2010, 06:12 PM
mommabear, do you ever get cell phone reception out there?

mrsrunningbear
03-26-2010, 06:18 PM
No we don't.....its really bad here. What are we gonna use??

lenny
03-26-2010, 06:22 PM
I'm am still searching, worst case senerio is we can use light signals. if I have time I will work my way over there tomorrow and see if I can test that theory. We need to communicate and be confident with what we understand. Do you never get a single bar?

mrsrunningbear
03-26-2010, 06:35 PM
some people get some service but not many and we don't at all

mrsrunningbear
03-26-2010, 06:48 PM
we'll be around all day tomorrow if it works out that you can get by..... we've been looking for cbs or something the Bear hunters use them around here and say its all that works. 2 way won't work to much distance. I guess the light signal might be the only way. But for sure need to know what each others doing

racerx
03-26-2010, 11:47 PM
Oh that would be fun...hope you two can make it work....maybe we could talk Mike and Suzie into coming up for a bit too :)...could be real fun....even tho Lenny says I'm gonna have tears in my beer.....:D

Yea it would be fun for sure!

Kris got a call tonite and two minutes after she answered it I was asked "are you planning something with the Paulding light"...geez, did not take long to get back to the wife (I did not tell her about it). Guess I have to figure out the "mystery" how word travels so fast.

chords
03-26-2010, 11:57 PM
" I'm am still searching, worst case senerio is we can use light signals. "

Hey just an idea Lenny - Why not flash Hi-Lo & On-Off car lights for your "light signals" ?

They will be easily spotted at both ends

mrsrunningbear
03-27-2010, 10:37 AM
Yea it would be fun for sure!

Kris got a call tonite and two minutes after she answered it I was asked "are you planning something with the Paulding light"...geez, did not take long to get back to the wife (I did not tell her about it). Guess I have to figure out the "mystery" how word travels so fast.

Now that’s funny...lol...lol...girls will be girls....actually I was searching for communication devices, so I called Mike.....aaaand one thing lead to the other....:D

lenny
03-27-2010, 02:56 PM

Hey just an idea Lenny - Why not flash Hi-Lo & On-Off car lights for your "light signals" ?

that's true, I was originally planning on riding the powerline on my mtn bike just to look around also but car beams will suffice if my wife and I drive 2 vehicles. Unless the bears wanna work to?

lenny
03-28-2010, 05:21 PM

I had my wife park at the viewing sight with her lights on, I drove up to the sweet spot, which was an educated guess and may I add was correct. I stopped at Johnson lake rd and faced my wife and could see her van parked with lights on with just my glasses on. Looked through the bi-nocs and 100% certain. She turned the lights on and off and I saw that. I could get 2 bars of cell phone reception on Johnson lake rd, she was going in and out of reception although we did speak for a few seconds. My old blackberry is better than her track phone. I could not get my gps to link up with the satellites. heavy cloud cover at the time yesterday and power line and dense woods with tall trees. I have no problem with link to sats up here. maybe I need to hook up far away and possible keep linked up all the way. I really wanna see the distance as the crow flies. I believe Johnson lake rd is on the south end of the sweet spot. Erickson lake rd up north another 1/2 mile would also be seen easily in the sweet spot. There is a flat spot as you are descending in elevation on 45 that I believe accounts for the brightness as it would be "right in your eyes" and than descending in elevation again and veering to the east slowly. If I parked on the west side of 45 while facing my wife i could not see here nearly as good as I could facing oncoming traffic. So there is perfect alignment happening from miles away, quite astonishing I must say

mrsrunningbear
03-28-2010, 08:14 PM
:eek:.......:eek:.........:eek:.........:eek:..... ....:eek:.........:eek: ! ! ! ! !

lenny
03-28-2010, 08:35 PM
doesnt really mean all that much, not sure still if we are refering to the same light, especially in da fog

vmax1994
03-29-2010, 05:13 PM
Well if you have fast fingers, you can just use text messaging. It only requires a very weak cell signal. Even when you can't make a call, texting almost always works.

mrsrunningbear
04-01-2010, 07:00 AM
Few Questions before the Big E

Arrival Friday before or after dinner?

We have a pavilion with a big grill and several cast iron skillets thought we could do the cookin in there
This is what we’re thinking so far and we’re totally up for any other ideas

Saturday Breakfast-
Pancakes or French toast
Sausage and Bacon

Lunch hot dogs, chips or something...maybe go to Bond or Kakabika Falls

Dinner
Burgers
I’ll do a big salad
?????

How about pie irons for dessert

Let us know

lenny
04-01-2010, 06:36 PM
Few Questions before the Big E

Arrival Friday before or after dinner?

We have a pavilion with a big grill and several cast iron skillets thought we could do the cookin in there
This is what we’re thinking so far and we’re totally up for any other ideas

Saturday Breakfast-
Pancakes or French toast
Sausage and Bacon

Lunch hot dogs, chips or something...maybe go to Bond or Kakabika Falls

Dinner
Burgers
I’ll do a big salad
?????

How about pie irons for dessert

Let us know

there's nothing on that list I do not like, can you tell me what we should bring. I want this to be something we all can help out on. let me know

thunderstruck88
04-01-2010, 08:39 PM
ok I got to ask what the heck are pie irons? and how the heck do you make them? if anyone answers this thanks and THINK SNOW and wish I could make it to the main EVENT next weekend to :( about not being able to meet you all

mrsrunningbear
04-01-2010, 10:45 PM
ok I got to ask what the heck are pie irons? and how the heck do you make them? if anyone answers this thanks and THINK SNOW and wish I could make it to the main EVENT next weekend to :( about not being able to meet you all

this is a pie iron..... 2 pieces of bread buttered a pile of pie filling close it up and toaster in the campfire.......Mmmm pie !!!!

http://search.gandermountain.com/?D=pie+irons&Nty=1&N=0&Dk=0&Ntt=pie+irons

Wish you were coming too...next time...:D...THINK SNOW!

thunderstruck88
04-02-2010, 09:33 PM
Mrsrunnungbear This looks so darn Yummy may have to fire up this kind of iron and make me 1 or 2 Now this kind of Irioning I can handle ;) the other kind of iron is MY BIGFOOT TAMER lol Keep the light on aways :D

snoman357
04-03-2010, 01:38 PM
I will not be attending.

thank you.

mrsrunningbear
04-03-2010, 02:08 PM
Looks like 20 so far for saturday and several more are gonna let me know next week.....looks like its rounding up to be a good time.....lets hope the weather stays good.....good as in "warm" or good as in "snow" ..:D

ya never know???? THINK SNOW! 24/7 :)

lenny
04-04-2010, 05:34 PM
Looks like 20 so far for saturday and several more are gonna let me know next week.....looks like its rounding up to be a good time.....lets hope the weather stays good.....good as in "warm" or good as in "snow" ..:D

ya never know???? THINK SNOW! 24/7 :)

sunny and 50 ish for fri

mrsrunningbear
04-06-2010, 01:20 PM
Only 1 cabin left.....:D....this is gonna be a good time!!! Can't wait to meet our JohnDee friends!

peppermill
04-06-2010, 02:02 PM
What time is check-in on Fri. Only 3 days left.

lenny
04-06-2010, 06:10 PM
What time is check-in on Fri. Only 3 days left.

were doing the Fri nite thing also and will probably arrive by 5 pm. It looks like the temps are predicted a few degrees higher than a few days ago. 52 fri and 60ish on sat

racerx
04-06-2010, 07:32 PM
MRB...did you get my PM? It was my first ever and I do not know if I did it right, I know i forgot to send a copy...

mrsrunningbear
04-06-2010, 08:00 PM
MRB...did you get my PM? It was my first ever and I do not know if I did it right, I know i forgot to send a copy...

I got it....you gotter done right.....:D