PDA

View Full Version : 2 or more quotes in same reply??

snowbuff
03-24-2011, 09:14 AM
I've seen it done, but how do you do it? I think I've even done it before, but can't figure it out now.

Thanks,

frnash
03-24-2011, 02:47 PM
I've seen it done, but how do you do it? I think I've even done it before, but can't figure it out now.

Thanks,
Of course the first one is easy, just use the Quote button in the window for the message of interest.

For more than one, you can open the second message in a different tab (or window) and use the Quote button as above, then when the quoted text appears, just use your normal text-editing features to Copy the quote from that window then Paste it into the target window with the other quote.

Just be sure that the associated [Quote] and [\Quote] tags for each message are not truncated or otherwise damaged in the process or they will not be recognized, and will not yield a proper quotation! Use particular care in this if you are deleting any part of the quoted text. (We have been seeing a lot of malformed quotations lately! Why? Careless editing!)

Be sure to use the Preview Changes button to verify that your new message is properly constructed, then click on the Submit Reply button to post your message.

When you have successfully built a message to your liking, you may then go back and kill the tab/window from which you copied the second quote.

polarisrider1
03-25-2011, 09:31 AM
Easy enough. Thank you Frank.

techsledder
03-26-2011, 03:28 PM

Thanks,

Another way is to click on the "multi-quote this message" button in all the posts you wish to quote in your reply post. (It's the button right next to the "quote" button.) Then select the "Post Reply" button as you'd normally do down below. Then add witty banter/constructive thoughts as you see fit.

snowbuff
10-27-2011, 11:15 AM

Another way is to click on the "multi-quote this message" button in all the posts you wish to quote in your reply post. (It's the button right next to the "quote" button.) Then select the "Post Reply" button as you'd normally do down below. Then add witty banter/constructive thoughts as you see fit.

well, that was easy!!

Thanks!!