PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Keweenaw Trails Work Session

Administrator
06-07-2011, 08:44 PM
The 4th annual trail work session for the trails in the Keweenaw will be happening Friday October 21 and Saturday October 22. Free lodging for workers will be available at the Pines Resort in Copper Harbor and the Lac La Belle Lodge in LLB. You can contact those businesses for accommodations.

The work sessions will start at approximately 10am and we will be staging from the Lac La Belle Lodge. Lunches will be provided to all workers and I will be doing up smoked brisket and pulled pork for Saturday's dinner.

Any other questions, feel free to ask them here.

Hope to see all of you there!

-John

cuzzinolaf
06-07-2011, 08:48 PM
I'm gonna try to make this one as well as the Twin Lakes one. I'm glad to see the dates way up in advance.

willey
06-08-2011, 09:29 PM
I'm planning on it again for sure! Can't beat a couple days in the bush with good friends and some awesome brisket to top it off. Can't wait.

jr37
06-09-2011, 12:46 PM
I'm planning on coming again. Had a great time last year, and met some good people.

chillywilly
06-10-2011, 10:31 AM
This is the first year i'll actually make it I think!!

attack_06
06-10-2011, 02:01 PM
The 4th annual trail work session for the trails in the Keweenaw will be happening Friday October 21 and Saturday October 22. Free lodging for workers will be available at the Pines Resort in Copper Harbor and the Lac La Belle Lodge in LLB. You can contact those businesses for accommodations.

The work sessions will start at approximately 10am and we will be staging from the Lac La Belle Lodge. Lunches will be provided to all workers and I will be doing up smoked brisket and pulled pork for Saturday's dinner.

Any other questions, feel free to ask them here.

Hope to see all of you there!

-John

will u be making snowshow in milwaukee this year i havent heard the dates yet

Administrator
06-10-2011, 02:32 PM
I believe I will be at the Milwaukee Show this October and at Haydays. The plan is for me to be at the Togwotee booth at both.

-John

polarisrider1
06-24-2011, 08:11 AM
I believe I will be at the Milwaukee Show this October and at Haydays. The plan is for me to be at the Togwotee booth at both.

-John

Why Togwotee booth?

Administrator
06-24-2011, 10:58 AM
Why Togwotee booth?

Because they asked if I would.

-John

andoverboyz
06-26-2011, 12:15 PM
Will be back for the 3rd year in a row, looking foward to it.

John- Just smoked my first Beef Brisket, wrapped it up at 2:30am, 8 hrs of smoking and it was just hitting 165 degrees inside. Hope it turns out as good as yours was last trail session.

Good Luck!!!
Pat

techsledder
06-27-2011, 09:54 AM
Some capacity of our group group will make this. Thanks John for posting the dates already!

switch07
06-27-2011, 03:50 PM
John,

Is this the same date for the Twin Lakes work session?

Administrator
06-27-2011, 05:12 PM
John,

Is this the same date for the Twin Lakes work session?

No. The Twin Lakes work session is a completely different affair.

-John

switch07
06-28-2011, 03:59 PM
No. The Twin Lakes work session is a completely different affair.

-John

John,

Thanks for the info, do you know if a date for TL has been set?

Administrator
06-28-2011, 04:16 PM
John,

Thanks for the info, do you know if a date for TL has been set?

Sorry, I don't. Sandy or Lori usually get the word out pretty quick when the dates have been set.

-John

loriwlrc
06-29-2011, 10:21 PM
President Mike has left me a message today, our trail clean up will be Sept. 15th,16th and 17th. The weekend after Hay Days,so all should be fired up to get ready for the up coming season! We as usual will offer free lodging, I know it's a distance to drive, but the offer is there. Sandy and Richard will probably be already planning the menu, I've decided what I'm bring,so if your bringing anything it would be best to let Sandy know. We just want and need bodies, willing and ready to work,work, work. But I'm sure there will be some play time so bring the ATV's, UTV'v, dirt bikes or cycles!!!

cuzzinolaf
06-30-2011, 11:04 AM
I'm out for the Twin Lakes clean-up because I have to go to a wedding that weekend. Who is definitely in for the Keweenaw trail clean up? I'll be coming from IL through Wisconsin if anyone wants to carpool.

snoluver1
07-01-2011, 08:47 AM
I'm out for the Twin Lakes clean-up because I have to go to a wedding that weekend. Who is definitely in for the Keweenaw trail clean up? I'll be coming from IL through Wisconsin if anyone wants to carpool.

I might run up there with ya. I have to get a sled up there anyway. That would be a good excuse to make the trip.

jr37
07-21-2011, 08:20 AM
Only 3 more months to go. That is something to look forward to during this heatwave.

Lorali779
07-23-2011, 08:48 AM
Bummer...SOOO hard for us to make the travels for a thurs-fri clean up(coming from Fond du lac,Wi)...we always want to help but with Rob's work & working 2nd shift is hard...too bad it wasnt a sat-sun..any other work to be done on sat-sun Lori?I mean I know your working on sat but we wouldnt get there till afternoon on sat.
I cant wait for the season!!!Snow baby snow!! :D
Thanks to youall who work so hard with the trail system!!!!Thank you!Thank you!!Thank you!!!

Administrator
07-23-2011, 02:52 PM
Sorry Lorali779

Just working Friday and Saturday. Need that day of rest you know!

-John

Lorali779
07-24-2011, 08:01 AM
Thanks John!I hear ya,just trying to work out a way to be able to help u guys... :)
Mabey since we know so far in advance we can work on it to make it work...just have no more vaca days right now :(
Enjoy your summer!And LOVE your pics in the journal,thanks 4 sharing...life goes by so fast,doesnt it?!

loriwlrc
07-24-2011, 11:45 AM
lorali779, so if you can only come up for Sat. and Sun. hit the work hard on Sat. and take Sun. off to enjoy some rest, or the area and what it has to offer.Many of us on both ends offer free lodging. One day of work is a help to all to all. Our end usually only does Fri. and Sat. a few do come up on Thurs. Sandy and Richard put on a nice cook out and we all get to meet and greet. For the north end it's a great time as well and the get together at Beer Belly's is really nice and John does a kick a-- brisket! If you can work either work weekend into your schedule any hours or minutes put in is a big help and is greatly appreciated.

Lorali779
07-25-2011, 08:05 AM
Hmmm...thanks Lori!!How you doin?!Well,september clean up is the weekend right after Haydays BUT Looks like were going to see what we can work out then...since the Keeweenaw is our "winter playground" it would be nice to be able to help clean it too..lol...and to see you guys again & meet others is a bonus!So...do You have any rooms open for the "johnsonville/yamaha duo" if we came up for saturday-sunday?? :)

loriwlrc
07-26-2011, 12:48 AM
Yes we do.... maybe we'll hear from you soon : )

Lorali779
08-14-2011, 10:24 AM
Hey Lori!I'm sorry I havent gotten back to you,its been CRAZY here....I'll try & give you a hollar this week...but if there's still a room for us for saturday..is it possible to keep it open??!We are doing are darndest to be there sat to help...and ya,thinkin of a tour of the mines sunday too... ;) Take care & talk to ya soon!!

qber
08-31-2011, 02:39 AM
I'll be up this year - looking forward to it!
Ted

blackzx8
09-15-2011, 05:40 PM
John,

I am trying to get a group of 4 together to head up there and help. Is there anything we should bring?

Thanks,

Wes

Administrator
09-15-2011, 07:15 PM
John,

I am trying to get a group of 4 together to head up there and help. Is there anything we should bring?

Thanks,

Wes

Hi Wes-

A good set of work gloves for everyone and maybe a chain saw and/or set of pruning loppers for the group, but most of our work is signing and some clean up of blow downs and not a lot of actual cutting, so we do not need a ton of chain saws or other cutting tools.

See you there!

-John

cuzzinolaf
09-16-2011, 10:00 AM
Who else from the Northeastern part of IL (or anywhere along the way) plans to go up?

teestarr00
09-17-2011, 05:55 PM
Wish i would of seen this post earlier i would of jumped on the chance, my one bud backed out because of health issues. Oh well next year.

bootjacker
09-19-2011, 04:21 PM
we will 2-3 from Downers grove Il coming up to help out.

willey
09-19-2011, 08:34 PM
Looks to be a decent size group of people for this years work session. The three of us will be at LLB Lodge cabin 5. Can't wait to meet some more fellow JD'ers.

Bill

engine9man
09-19-2011, 10:35 PM
Team "Get the Work Done" will have 3 guys maybe 4 this year. We will have a few kringles to munch on also!!!!

fools
09-28-2011, 01:20 PM
Oh boy.....not this team stuff again! At least its a productive name :) I suppose engine9man means your a fireman.....no wonder you can get the "work done", lots of time to rest being a fireman! See ya up there E9man!

engine9man
09-28-2011, 01:28 PM
Fools you better slow down you will use up all your material and won't have any shots to throw in front of Ken and Vicky!!! OH ya your driving and we are taking your truck too!!!!:)

fools
09-28-2011, 02:47 PM
Ah, no worry.....you never leave me short on material! Tell Roy, Ive never been inside his vehicle so he is up for driving, plus the 4 of us wouldnt be too comfortable in my volkswagon jetta. see ya then!