PDA

View Full Version : Security certificate

polarisrider1
10-24-2012, 12:03 AM
Do you know that the name on your Security certificate is invalid and doesn't match the site but, the date does. Malwarebytes brought it to my attention when it scanned your site for viruses.

Administrator
10-24-2012, 08:51 AM
Thanks.

I don't know very much about Security certificates, but was always under the impression that they were for webpages/websites where transactions of proprietary information was going on. Not really the case here. Perhaps I am wrong on this and someone with more knowledge can straighten me out and tell me how to fix anything that might be wrong.

Can I ask, is the issue with the discussion board or the site? Might help in the troubleshooting.

-John

Paul
10-24-2012, 09:14 AM
Polarisrider1, the site doesn't use security certificates since the site is not secure. Not sure where it is picking up the problem, if you can provide more details I will see if I can help. It sounds like it may be a false positive or something going on with your computer. I did some online checks and get no errors from the site from the scanners I have used.

Paul

polarisrider1
10-24-2012, 08:06 PM
Thanks.

I don't know very much about Security certificates, but was always under the impression that they were for webpages/websites where transactions of proprietary information was going on. Not really the case here. Perhaps I am wrong on this and someone with more knowledge can straighten me out and tell me how to fix anything that might be wrong.

Can I ask, is the issue with the discussion board or the site? Might help in the troubleshooting.

-JohnMy anti-malware 1.65.1.1000 database version:v2012.10.24.01 picked it up while on the discussion board in the "What's new" area. I think it was picking up the spam posts that came through under some recent new posters pushing products (spammers? or spyware). Not totally sure. I will get more details if/when it comes back up.

My computer is setup like Fort Knox. lol