Hybrid View

Smile Yellowstone bike trip

Just starting planning stage for an August trip. looking to include many places I ride in the winter. Looking for ideas, things to see and roads to "must" ride. Planning on Cooke City, Beartooth pass, Red Lodge, Gardiner, Yellowstone Park, Togwotee, West Yellowstone, and Jackson Hole area and Maybe Cody if time permits. Also what to not bother with. And will it be an issue with carbed bikes in the mtns. (This is a bucket list item for me)

heading there july 26th...cant wait....

Quote Originally Posted by Firecatguy View Post
    send me the June 7th link or info. Wife is going on an "All girls" ride. I and a couple guys would like to meet up in Ludington with your group.

your already on the invite list just put "michigan 2014" or go look in events.....if you still have hard time let me know I can send you a link

I added you to our sturgis stuff so you can get idea our ride and motels

Carbed bikes should do just fine. I had my 08 650 enduro out there and had no problems. You won't need or want power. Waaay to beautiful to worry about speed. Pic is from beartooth pass last year on the xr650l. Going back this year on the big bike.
    Attached Images Attached Images

your already on the invite list just put "michigan 2014" or go look in events.....if you still have hard time let me know I can send you a link

I added you to our sturgis stuff so you can get idea our ride and motels
    Pat, I am kinda new to all this internet stuff. You may want to send a link for Michigan 2014.

figured it out.

Heading out there July 19th, coming back this way the 26th. Then going to stay a few days south of Sturgis. We are staying this year at Cody, trailering out, then day rides from there. Think this will be more enjoyable, the wife will be ready to ride and enjoy the area and not be so tired from ride out.

Quote Originally Posted by fusionfool View Post
    Heading out there July 19th, coming back this way the 26th. Then going to stay a few days south of Sturgis. We are staying this year at Cody, trailering out, then day rides from there. Think this will be more enjoyable, the wife will be ready to ride and enjoy the area and not be so tired from ride out.
    wave as you go by......lol...we will be leaving Sturgis the 27th for Jellystone....

wave as you go by......lol...we will be leaving Sturgis the 27th for Jellystone....
    We will be easy to see. F150 Black, and a white Iron Horse enclosed motorcycle trailer with Harley-Davidson Eagle on front, and bar and shield on the sides.

WOW is all we can say, staying here in Cody, and have toured most of the park and near by area's. Going down into the Grand Tetons today with a high of 67 will be a welcome cool down as yesterday was 101. At 45 MPH or less through the park the HD was getting pretty warm. Be sure to do Beartooth pass while you are hear Firecatguy, you will love it. But dress warm
    Attached Images Attached Images