Hybrid View

Default Best scope for buck hunt

Hi everyone. I was thinking of getting some experience in night hunting. I know there are lots of night vision rifle scopes. One folk I met uphills told me that he has been using ORION H30 PREDATOR. But frankly speaking, I dont want to use any flash lights or other attachments than a night vision rifle scope. I was contemplating if armasight vampire 3X night vision rifle scope will do me any good? Has anyone used this particular night vision scope? I am very much open to your suggestions and will really appreciate it if you do share your experience or ideas. Thank on time guys.

From Will Hill

Here, in the United States, we can only hunt deer during the daytime.

Quote Originally Posted by jebjk1 View Post
    Here, in the United States, we can only hunt deer during the daytime.
    WI has specific shooting times and DNR want you out of the woods with a loaded gun before or after those legal hunting hours. Any night hunting here would be lambs to the slaughter so probably why illegal.

tracker create a new profile to stir the pot?

Hunt coons all night long

Quote Originally Posted by rp7x View Post
    Hunt coons all night long
    He is talking about deer. Bucks specifically.

Quote Originally Posted by jebjk1 View Post
    He is talking about deer. Bucks specifically.
    Yep with a night scope it would be a deer slaughter in WI. They come out of the woods after dark and feed on any grass area and don't know you are there and shining ices them to not move. Just would not be sporting just a slaughter.

well it IS legal in MANY places to HUNT at night,JUST for only certain things, mostly predators and such!
    its actually the NORM for many guys that hunt them, to do so at night and has been going one since we have had fire torches then flash lights to gun mounted lights to now night vision!
    I had a gun shop for a while and played with a LOT of third gen night vision, never found any I thought was worth the price, I had scopes from the $ 700- $15,000.00 range.
    I personally DO hunt at night now, but use a gun mounted light, and a hand held to scan with
    I personally found way too many side effects of using night vision, that worried me about eye damage, if used a lot!
    MOST don't notice it, but if you DO try and see, after using it in say a right eye(right handed shooter) and then looking away fast, you will see light differences in your vision.
    to get anything decent in a PURE night vision scope(all the more so if vari powered) its BIG bucks, and that doesn't a sure you its GOOD clear viewing!

with mu set up, I can shoot clearly to about 150 yards in most conditions, some times out to 250 yards pending light and were at!, and can use my basic rifle scope's of power form 2x to 20+, don't feel they and any more weight (the lights) than what a GOOD night vision scope will add either!

But Honestly shooting that far at night can open things up to more dangers, as you cannot SEE past what your shooting at, so, safety reasons, I prefer the lights, over pure night vision!

if you want more experience, best to join a GOOD predator forum, many guys get into this and spend a TON of money playing with scopes, just take HALF of what you hear to be BS! on they WORK GREAT and such, many say that NOT knowing any better and only have the ONE they have, so NO comparison to real GOOD One's

BUt shooting at night does tend to get more phone calls to the police and such, so MAKE sure you check your reg's where ever you plan to be hunting?shooting!