Results 1 to 86 of 86
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Neenah, Wisconsin is about 40 miles south of Green Bay's Lambeau Field.
    Posts
    2,085

    Default The Thread About Snowmobiles

    OK, I'm going to start a thread about Snowmobiles since the last six months we've covered the Covid Pandemic until we're numb between the ears. Going forward (on this thread) we'll only discuss snowmobiles, the people who ride them, good things, bad things, it doesn't matter. NO MENTION of the "C" Word, the "P" Word, or any mention of the Flu will be allowed.

    Some ideas would include trailers. trips, belts, best burger, new sleds, old sleds, getting lost, getting found, off trail, on a lake, up the creek, and through the woods.

    This will be a small corner of the JohnDee world that will be free of any mention of illness, elections, or foul smelling subject matter. Let's give her a try, shall we?

    *Violators will be forced to listen to Governor Evers sing "On Wisconsin" followed by "Roll Out the Barrel"*
    (Like fingernails on a chalkboard)

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Elkhorn, Wi & St. Germain, WI
    Posts
    351

    Default

    Debating jumping in to the 4 stroke world, have a 2021 Polaris matryx 850 ordered but I have been debating trying a 4 stroke the last couple seasons. Maybe a 137 sidewinder or thundercat (basically same sled).

    All trail miles and forest roads, usually 2,500-3k a season.

    Whats everyone’s thoughts? Anyone made the jump recently?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Lakeville, MN
    Posts
    2,541

    Default

    With the miles I put on (Usually 4-5k per season) I have seriously thought about it. But I just can't bring myself to it. Having ridden with guys who have them, they just don't go through the twisties like a 2-stroke, and if you do, you feel it at the end of the day. At least that's what the guys I've ridden with say.

    Like yourself, I went with a 2021 Polaris 850 XCR, but in the "old" Switchback chassis, mostly for the 4-year warranty. I know I'll use it. And if a 'fix' is slow, I still have two I can hop on and go at a moments notice.

    With that said, I got my old iron up on the rack in the garage this weekend!
    1506D4A8-5582-473E-925C-F340A4758A4A.jpg

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Hallock MN. 20 miles south of Canada - 10 miles east of ND.
    Posts
    2,418

    Default

    XCR you have to paint the boards underneath your suspended XCR RED. Then it will look even nicer. ERK, I am flopping the other way. I have a Sidewinder and I am going back to a smoker. Like XCR said the heavy 4 strokers plain and simple do not go through the twisties as well as a lighter sled. The newer SRXes are lower to the ground than my '18 but they are no lighter. Plus Yami/Cat has not addressed some of the inherent design flaws. If I were going to spend 18 grand I would get a VR1. The 'Doo guys will chime in and say their 900Ts are lighter and turn on a dime. I have never ridden a newer 'Doo so I don't know. But I have ridden a Sidewinder many miles and now I want something lighter. I won't be riding this season because I have to heal up from ankle surgery. But I am very interested to see how the new Matryx works. Especially the 650. However ERK if you want to try a Sidewinder I am going to sell mine. For a lot less than 18 grand.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Lakeville, MN
    Posts
    2,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grub View Post
    XCR you have to paint the boards underneath your suspended XCR RED.
    Huh, I'll have to think about that, obviously need to finish painting the few I was short in my original design. I've already decided to end for end it - That may make it look better, seeing more red.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    se mn
    Posts
    2,284

    Default

    Haven't heard that my VR1 is ready but I do take delivery of this thursday. Its 7x18 plus 5ft V nose. Built to order from RnR trailers. Added 110v outlets, reverse lights, galvanized axles, and loading lights. Its the trailer I think I have always wanted... Hopefully my 1/2 ton pulls it ok!!IMG-4135.jpgIMG-4133.jpg
    Last edited by slimcake; 11-02-2020 at 04:10 PM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Elkhorn, Wi & St. Germain, WI
    Posts
    351

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slimcake View Post
    Haven't heard that my VR1 is ready but I do take delivery of this thursday. Its 7x18 plus 5ft V nose. Built to order from RnR trailers. Added 110v outlets, reverse lights, galvanized axles, and loading lights. Its the trailer I think I have always wanted... Hopefully my 1/2 ton pulls it ok!!IMG-4135.jpgIMG-4133.jpg

    I haven’t heard any updates on my VR1 either, but did receive a swag package in the mail. Guess we’ll wait and see when they actually arrive.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Waterford,Wi
    Posts
    1,261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slimcake View Post
    Haven't heard that my VR1 is ready but I do take delivery of this thursday. Its 7x18 plus 5ft V nose. Built to order from RnR trailers. Added 110v outlets, reverse lights, galvanized axles, and loading lights. Its the trailer I think I have always wanted... Hopefully my 1/2 ton pulls it ok!!IMG-4135.jpgIMG-4133.jpg
    slimcake, 110v outlets? are you going to have generator to power or...stupid question because my truck has 110v outlet inside of cab, are you able to tap into that circuit and run into trailer that way? Nice looking trailer, had an R&R 2 place, was a well built trailer.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Cloquet, MN
    Posts
    1,195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by erkoehler View Post
    I haven’t heard any updates on my VR1 either, but did receive a swag package in the mail. Guess we’ll wait and see when they actually arrive.
    I just got my swag package also. At least I felt good knowing that they actually had my order since I've heard nothing else. I did hear Poo is going to be shipping sleds without front shocks potentially due to a supplier issue. They'll then ship the shocks to be installed at the dealer. Gotta be easier to do it that way than to bring a bunch of almost done sleds back into the factory to install shocks on them. Hopefully they get it figured out soon or I'll be riding my wifes old RMK for awhile.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Lakeville, MN
    Posts
    2,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elf View Post
    I just got my swag package also. At least I felt good knowing that they actually had my order since I've heard nothing else. I did hear Poo is going to be shipping sleds without front shocks potentially due to a supplier issue. They'll then ship the shocks to be installed at the dealer. Gotta be easier to do it that way than to bring a bunch of almost done sleds back into the factory to install shocks on them. Hopefully they get it figured out soon or I'll be riding my wifes old RMK for awhile.
    Yeah, haven't heard a peep either. I'm assuming the 'old' chassis will be one of the last to roll off the lines. As for shocks, not much we can do about that, better to get them at the dealer for a 20 minute bolt up in the future, than sending scheduled trucks away empty. Backups are a nice luxury!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    120

    Default

    I was always polaris 2 stroke 600, 700 and 800's. I switched 2 years ago to a doo 1200 renegade. Overall the sled is heavier and not good off trail but on trail I can run the twisters about as fast but I find I'm not working as hard it's more of a smooth ride. That being said I sold it and upgraded to the 900t, I was debating going with a polaris assault 800 or 850 but I've been wanting to try a 900t with a tune so I decided to go that route. I still have a polaris switchback 600 as well that I'll likely upgrade to an assault 850 next season.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by slimcake View Post
    Haven't heard that my VR1 is ready but I do take delivery of this thursday. Its 7x18 plus 5ft V nose. Built to order from RnR trailers. Added 110v outlets, reverse lights, galvanized axles, and loading lights. Its the trailer I think I have always wanted... Hopefully my 1/2 ton pulls it ok!!IMG-4135.jpgIMG-4133.jpg
    If you have a newer half ton you'll be fine. I've Towed my last two 27' enclosed with f150, ram 1500 and silverado 1500 and all did it fine.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Lake Geneva/ St. Germain
    Posts
    340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by erkoehler View Post
    Debating jumping in to the 4 stroke world, have a 2021 Polaris matryx 850 ordered but I have been debating trying a 4 stroke the last couple seasons. Maybe a 137 sidewinder or thundercat (basically same sled).

    All trail miles and forest roads, usually 2,500-3k a season.

    Whats everyone’s thoughts? Anyone made the jump recently?
    In 2017 I purchased a A/C 9000 turbo 4..... I ride about 3k miles a season most on Vilas twisties...I absolutely loved the sled, rode it about 5k miles before selling...was a lazy boy chair with a jet engine, but heavy.

    After a 100 plus mile day, the sled tired me out, so in 2019 I went back to a 600 2 stroke, miss the speed but not tired after a big day anymore.. Going now to a Riot 8000, so I should have more punch, with less weight.

  13. #13

    Default

    Picked up my VR1 850 137 last Saturday.... Waiting for the back-ordered accessories to put on it.
    Happy Happy Happy

  14. #14

    Default

    Have a place in St.Germain also. Have a 2019 SW. You will never regret it. Went from a 2010 Vector. Handles great and unbelievable power when ever you need it, and I am in my 60s

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    South Central Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,166

    Default

    Bought an Apex last February from Kip, that, along with my RMK, will make for a fun riding season coming up. When off trail is set up, I'll jump on the Apex and let r rip tater chip!
    Lake Effect Snow, my three favorite words.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Lakeville, MN
    Posts
    2,541

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Neenah, Wisconsin is about 40 miles south of Green Bay's Lambeau Field.
    Posts
    2,085

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xcr440 View Post
    Jeez, and I thought I was organized. This guy's at a whole new level.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kingsford, MI
    Posts
    995

    Default

    IMG_20200531_120614_copy_907x1612.jpg About 1/2 way through the rear skid on this ol pig. Its actually really cool to tear an older sled completely down and rebuild it. Makes the ol mid week pizza runs that much more satisfying.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Edgar Wisconsin
    Posts
    85

    Default

    I also cannot ride this season due to shoulder surgery. I suggested to my wife to let her sister ride my sled to go with her. She said her sisters eyes light up and had the biggest smile she saw in a long time!

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Elgin, IL.
    Posts
    731

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xcr440 View Post
    Are you an Amsoil dealer? How much oil do you go through a season? Holy cow!

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Manitowish Waters, WI and Village of Summit, Wisconsin
    Posts
    149

    Default

    Hoping for a big snow season again! This was last year at our place in Maintowish Waters, WI
    IMG_2036.jpg
    On the trail, crazy deep snow!IMG_0018.jpg

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    173

    Default

    Have had many high performance 2 strokes.
    3 years ago I bought my first 4 stroke. 2007 Apex RTX. Then I bought a 2015 Apex XTX.
    Now I just took delivery of my 2021 Sidewinder.
    I will not be going back to 2 strokes anytime soon.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Osseo Wisconsin
    Posts
    607

    Default

    Love my 2017 Thundercat. Love, and I'm a mother of five trail legal snowmobilers. Only time I ever wished for my CFR 800 was after putting on over 300 miles of almost all forest twisty trails in one day. Next day got back out there and put the throttle to the handlebar and remembered why I love my sled.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Darboy,Wi
    Posts
    2,140

    Default

    I'm sled less.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Shoreview, MN
    Posts
    718

    Default

    Question that I cant find an answer to, will two 137s fit in a 6x14 cargo trailer? I know they fit in a 7x12. Obviously have to go reverse of eachother.

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eagle1 View Post
    I'm sled less.
    There's still time! Get R' Done!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by SledTL View Post
    Question that I cant find an answer to, will two 137s fit in a 6x14 cargo trailer? I know they fit in a 7x12. Obviously have to go reverse of eachother.
    honestly the best thing to do is tape off the exact dimensions on your garage floor and give it a shot.

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Lakeville, MN
    Posts
    2,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xsledder View Post
    Are you an Amsoil dealer? How much oil do you go through a season? Holy cow!
    Last year I put on 6340 myself, and the backup with my kid got a little over 2000, so yeah, I go through a lot of oil! Another reason I thought about a 4-stroke, but not yet..... (The boxes under the sled are empty, I use them for trash!)

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Shoreview, MN
    Posts
    718

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 600_RMK_144 View Post
    There's still time! Get R' Done!

    - - - Updated - - -



    honestly the best thing to do is tape off the exact dimensions on your garage floor and give it a shot.
    Its for future planning, I only have a single 129 right now anyways.

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    se mn
    Posts
    2,284

    Default

    Going through some older pictures I found my Valentine 500 story. I would like to share! LOL. IMG951621.jpgThis group of guys started out on a 500 mile journey on frosty February morning. Lots of rail trails just trying to hammer the miles. Nick Keller (snowballcancer.org) leading the way. First stop windshield.jpg that is my white Pro-S with the windshield the guys at Pat's told me I needed to watchout for low powerlines.... LOL. Sure was nice and warm. Nick was giving me a hard time that I was the first person who dared this challenge with a Polaris. About 200 miles into it the gal I was following all of a sudden darted to the left as we were approaching a old rail bridge. The ditch was steep and we were cruising about 50mph. Nothing but her ego was hurt luckily. The sled however couldn't continue. She was pissed! IMG_20160211_151327647.jpg Her and a couple ski-doos had to bow out of the event. I got lucky. I was over 400 miles into it when I felt what I thought was a rock or something. When we stopped a guy behind me noticed a couple screws bouncing around my floorboard. Everything was running fine. So I continued. Got back to Bergland for what was supposed to be our first meal of the day and more importantly so adult beverages. The basement of the BBB caught fire that night and they were closed... So onto the Hoop and Hollar. While there we got talking about the screws on my floor board. I went out and pulled the side panel and there was my ring gear in pieces on the belly pan. Attachment 62289 How that didn't slice my wire harness I have no idea. Anyway the hoop was wanting to close early so we all parted ways. I had my trusty brandy bottle and can of pringles in my motel room. With Attachment 62290 515 miles for the day. It didn't end the way we hoped but it was still awesome to take part in that. Plus we raised over $30,000 for cancer!! Snowballcancer.org. What Nick Keller has done over the years is amazing. To ride like that day in and day out is brutal. I will say without rock and roll in my helmet I would have never made it. Sure was a good time. We had a good crew. 17 hours on the snowmobile with nothing but short stops for gas or BS. What a day!!IMG_20160211_135541716_HDR.jpg

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Mahtomedi, MN
    Posts
    14

    Default

    I've been riding Apex's for the last 10 years. I'm tired of the extra weight. I'm in the market for a 2 stroke Ski Doo. What I hear is those engines last quite a while before needing a rebuild.

  31. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Woodville, OH
    Posts
    211

    Default

    Has anyone ridden the Arctic Cat Riot? Just looking for some general feedback.

  32. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Hortonville, Wi
    Posts
    8,222

    Default

    Lots of work to do yet for me! The Indy 600 just got a new top end, composit talon 32 track, new primary clutch, rebuilt shocks, and the rest of the usual TLC. Little mans sport 440 is currently getting new slides, I chopped the windshield, put plastic skis from an XC on it and the rest of the usual TLC. My mountain sled doesn’t really need anything (surprisingly), my 04 pro x needs motor mounts, and the 2000 600 touring 2up I have a brand new chain case with fresh bearings and seals on it ready to install, couldn’t for the life of me get that one to stop leaking ever since I popped the cover off so I figured it has to be warped (yes I tried everything not once or twice but 3 times already). Crunch time here!!3F2137A5-8823-4F30-9F50-2466C3CEF959.jpg

  33. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Live in St. Germain/ work McHenry il
    Posts
    133

    Default

    That is one nice looking garage you got.

  34. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Neenah, Wisconsin is about 40 miles south of Green Bay's Lambeau Field.
    Posts
    2,085

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by indy_500 View Post
    Indy, is that a factory windshield or did you cut that down yourself. If so, what'd you use? Just curious, I've fooled around with those in the past but couldn't get it right.

    Gary

  35. #35
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Hortonville, Wi
    Posts
    8,222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gary_in_neenah View Post
    Indy, is that a factory windshield or did you cut that down yourself. If so, what'd you use? Just curious, I've fooled around with those in the past but couldn't get it right.

    Gary
    I’ve trimmed the windshields on a handful of cheaper/beater sleds and they’ve all turned out great! I measure my height, bend the windshield flat on a table, and tape a straight line across it. Then I take a plastic cut off wheel on a dremel and zip across it. Little bit of de-burring to do, I usually use a file or razor blade. Then lay the windshield trim back around it and trim it to the new size. Couple tiny dabs of super glue and it’s never gone anywhere on me. If you’re going for a painted look, the key is to paint ONLY the inside of the windshield. From the outside it looks factory this way and also holds up to tree branches as they never contact your paint. I’ve yet to try any shapes or different curvatures, but have had good success this way so far.

  36. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    South Central Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by indy_500 View Post
    Lots of work to do yet for me! The Indy 600 just got a new top end, composit talon 32 track, new primary clutch, rebuilt shocks, and the rest of the usual TLC. Little mans sport 440 is currently getting new slides, I chopped the windshield, put plastic skis from an XC on it and the rest of the usual TLC. My mountain sled doesn’t really need anything (surprisingly), my 04 pro x needs motor mounts, and the 2000 600 touring 2up I have a brand new chain case with fresh bearings and seals on it ready to install, couldn’t for the life of me get that one to stop leaking ever since I popped the cover off so I figured it has to be warped (yes I tried everything not once or twice but 3 times already). Crunch time here!!3F2137A5-8823-4F30-9F50-2466C3CEF959.jpg
    Mountain sled doesn't need anything? Hmmm, that's because you need to ride it more, cough cough...domesticated Indy...cough. :-)
    Lake Effect Snow, my three favorite words.

  37. #37
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Sheboygan,Wi. Retirment home Lakewood, wi.
    Posts
    380

    Default

    Indy. Are you using synthetic chain case lube in that 2000? You may want to try a conventional lube. The synthetic lube can leak through older style seals.

  38. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Waterford,Wi
    Posts
    1,261

    Default

    Just picked up a 1985 formula MX hasn't been run in 13 years, garage kept, very nice shape except nose cone, has a large crack and pushed in. I don't remember the material these were made of, not sure if can be repaired or does anyone know where best chance would be to find one? it is black.

  39. #39
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hazel Hurst, WI
    Posts
    338

    Default

    Can't wait to get out in the winter fun mind. Waiting for the white gold to come to the northwoods of U.P. and Wisconsin. My group has two new sleds to break in..

    Remember WE RIDE!!!

  40. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    276

    Default

    No Snowmobile Trailer, No Problem. Just strap to roof.
    https://www.nbc15.com/2020/11/02/wis...d-to-the-roof/

  41. #41
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Hortonville, Wi
    Posts
    8,222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skylar View Post
    Mountain sled doesn't need anything? Hmmm, that's because you need to ride it more, cough cough...domesticated Indy...cough. :-)
    Just avoided trees every ride last year for a change!

    Quote Originally Posted by garageguy View Post
    Indy. Are you using synthetic chain case lube in that 2000? You may want to try a conventional lube. The synthetic lube can leak through older style seals.
    I originally used synthetic. Then I switched to 80w90 gear lube. Still leaked so I plastered RTV all around the chain case seal and put gear lube back in and it held for the year. Bits and pieces of the RTV mixes in with the oil so obviously looking for a permanent fix now.

  42. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Live in St. Germain/ work McHenry il
    Posts
    133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by indy_500 View Post
    Just avoided trees every ride last year for a change!


    I originally used synthetic. Then I switched to 80w90 gear lube. Still leaked so I plastered RTV all around the chain case seal and put gear lube back in and it held for the year. Bits and pieces of the RTV mixes in with the oil so obviously looking for a permanent fix now.
    Try using klotz chain case lube it's pretty thick. They put graphite in it which really thickens it up

  43. #43
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Woodville, OH
    Posts
    211

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by erkoehler View Post
    Debating jumping in to the 4 stroke world, have a 2021 Polaris matryx 850 ordered but I have been debating trying a 4 stroke the last couple seasons. Maybe a 137 sidewinder or thundercat (basically same sled).

    All trail miles and forest roads, usually 2,500-3k a season.

    Whats everyone’s thoughts? Anyone made the jump recently?
    I have a ZR7000 Sno Pro 129". Overall, I absolutely love it. In good conditions, you cannot feel the weight difference, even in the twisties. However, when it gets warmer out, that's when you can feel the difference in weight. Also, if you should go off trail and get stuck, prepare for a workout, but a 137" should help out with that. Like I said, overall I love the entire package, its definitely a really fun ride and I don't miss the oil fills. I may eventually get a two stroke crossover for some off trail riding, but I'm never going to get rid of this Yamacat four stroke. I'll wear out it before it does.

  44. #44
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Shoreview, MN
    Posts
    718

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ohiosledder View Post
    I have a ZR7000 Sno Pro 129". Overall, I absolutely love it. In good conditions, you cannot feel the weight difference, even in the twisties. However, when it gets warmer out, that's when you can feel the difference in weight. Also, if you should go off trail and get stuck, prepare for a workout, but a 137" should help out with that. Like I said, overall I love the entire package, its definitely a really fun ride and I don't miss the oil fills. I may eventually get a two stroke crossover for some off trail riding, but I'm never going to get rid of this Yamacat four stroke. I'll wear out it before it does.
    I'll second this with my Viper 129". Also tough to beat the exhaust note of the big NA triple.

  45. #45
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    East Peoria IL
    Posts
    52

    Default

    Looking forward to a season of more riding than I have ever done! Plan to spend a month out west with a new SKS 155 if my dealer can find me one. Then plan to spend a month up North riding the new VR1 if it ever comes in.

  46. #46
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Hortonville, Wi
    Posts
    8,222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hermie View Post
    Try using klotz chain case lube it's pretty thick. They put graphite in it which really thickens it up
    Thanks for the suggestion. I’ve always ran klotz injector oil but never tried their chain case lube. Little bottle showed up in the mail today and put everything together this afternoon and went to pour it in you were spot on, stuff is thick!

  47. #47
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Elkhorn, Wi & St. Germain, WI
    Posts
    351

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skiseadoo View Post
    Looking forward to a season of more riding than I have ever done! Plan to spend a month out west with a new SKS 155 if my dealer can find me one. Then plan to spend a month up North riding the new VR1 if it ever comes in.
    i think I saw a sks a week or so ago at Twin Lakes Marine for sale.

  48. #48
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Live in St. Germain/ work McHenry il
    Posts
    133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by indy_500 View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion. I’ve always ran klotz injector oil but never tried their chain case lube. Little bottle showed up in the mail today and put everything together this afternoon and went to pour it in you were spot on, stuff is thick!
    I use to work in a shop and that's all we would use on the older sleds. It sticks to the chain and is super slippery and we never had one leak. I think it would work great in any sled the way it sticks to the chain.

  49. #49
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Darboy,Wi
    Posts
    2,140

    Default

    Still no word on my sled..... starting to get nervous. Maybe I shouldn't have sold my old one.

  50. #50
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Elkhorn, Wi & St. Germain, WI
    Posts
    351

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eagle1 View Post
    Still no word on my sled..... starting to get nervous. Maybe I shouldn't have sold my old one.
    still no email updates on my VR1, and have a potential buyer coming Tuesday for my current sled.

  51. #51
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Cloquet, MN
    Posts
    1,195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by erkoehler View Post
    still no email updates on my VR1, and have a potential buyer coming Tuesday for my current sled.
    I was at the dealer hte other day and they said mine had a ship date of 11/23. Hope that happens.

  52. #52
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    2,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elf View Post
    I was at the dealer hte other day and they said mine had a ship date of 11/23. Hope that happens.
    Definitely a different year now than last year.
    Last year my new 20 Gade 850 X was ready on November 7, this year the 21 will be ready first week of December. Sled is at dealer but they got dumped on with 35 sleds at once.

    Bear
    Last edited by 1fujifilm; 11-17-2020 at 01:20 AM.

  53. #53
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Elkhorn, Wi & St. Germain, WI
    Posts
    351

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1fujifilm View Post
    Definitely a different year now than last year.
    Last year my new 20 Gade 850 X was ready on November 7, this year the 21 will be ready first week of December. Sled is at dealer but they got dumped on with 35 sleds at once.

    Bear
    i picked mine up last year thanksgiving weekend. Have yet to see a shipment email from Polaris but dealer thinks it may ship around the 19th.

  54. #54
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Darboy,Wi
    Posts
    2,140

    Default

    Stopped at dealer and sled built and is in que to be shipped!!!

  55. #55

    Default

    My vr1 is in just waiting on shocks lol

  56. #56
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Darboy,Wi
    Posts
    2,140

    Default

    ^^^lol. Only in 2020. I was pretty happy mine was at least built, was starting hear rumors of engine shortages.
    Now if mother nature can start working on some freezing temps that'd be great.

  57. #57
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    806

    Default

    lets see those new sleds when they come in
    want to see those colors you picked on new VR1s

  58. #58
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Darboy,Wi
    Posts
    2,140

    Default

    Sled comes home Monday.

  59. #59
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Lakeville, MN
    Posts
    2,541

    Default

    I have no official word, but heard from someone who works at Polaris, the 'old' new Switchbacks aren't scheduled to be built until late December.... I'm sure not many of them were ordered compared to the new models, so probably on the lower priority list.

    So glad I keep backups, and don't sell my old sleds without having the new one on hand! Let it snow!!

  60. #60
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Darboy,Wi
    Posts
    2,140

  61. #61
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Elgin, IL.
    Posts
    731

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by indy_500 View Post
    ... the 2000 600 touring 2up I have a brand new chain case with fresh bearings and seals on it ready to install, couldn’t for the life of me get that one to stop leaking ever since I popped the cover off...
    If it is anything like my old '86 Indy 400, you have to tighten the chain case cover bolts in a particular order to keep it from leaking. I don't remember the order, check the shop manual.

  62. #62
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Elkhorn, Wi & St. Germain, WI
    Posts
    351

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by just_ride View Post
    lets see those new sleds when they come in
    want to see those colors you picked on new VR1s
    Window is closing for me waiting on Polaris. Don’t have much patience left after ordering a sled well before the original snow check deadline.

    Covid or no Covid, 7 months to build a sled is pretty sad to not be able to deliver before the start of the season. November is coming to a quick close!!!

  63. #63
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    806

    Default

    I like that color..... looks red in this picture.... but I Believe that's a orange hue.....with a 1.6 or 1.5 ice ripper ? Braaaaaap!
    Quote Originally Posted by eagle1 View Post

  64. #64
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Darboy,Wi
    Posts
    2,140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by just_ride View Post
    I like that color..... looks red in this picture.... but I Believe that's a orange hue.....with a 1.6 or 1.5 ice ripper ? Braaaaaap!
    Thanks!...has the 1.6". Really just depends on the lightning, sometimes looks red, in trailer where was darker it looked more orange. I love it.

  65. #65
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Neenah, Wisconsin is about 40 miles south of Green Bay's Lambeau Field.
    Posts
    2,085

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eagle1 View Post
    Very nice, we'll see you comin from a mile away.

  66. #66
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    The Keweenaw Peninsula
    Posts
    4,848

    Default

    Sure is a purdy sled!

  67. #67
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Hortonville, Wi
    Posts
    8,222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eagle1 View Post
    Nice whip!

  68. #68
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Darboy,Wi
    Posts
    2,140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gary_in_neenah View Post
    Very nice, we'll see you comin from a mile away.
    Quote Originally Posted by indy_500 View Post
    Nice whip!
    Thanks guys. We gotta meet and do local ride once!! ......even it's just Waverly to Fondulac

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
    Sure is a purdy sled!
    Thanks John, Happy Thanksgiving.

  69. #69
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Hallock MN. 20 miles south of Canada - 10 miles east of ND.
    Posts
    2,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by erkoehler View Post
    Window is closing for me waiting on Polaris. Don’t have much patience left after ordering a sled well before the original snow check deadline.

    Covid or no Covid, 7 months to build a sled is pretty sad to not be able to deliver before the start of the season. November is coming to a quick close!!!
    Not Polaris fault. Covid has disrupted supply lines. Last week I ordered a 2021 Ford FX4. They have no idea when it will be built or when it will be here. This is just the first tip of the iceberg of how bad Covid-19 has screwed up everything. In the coming months once the disease goes away due to either a vaccine or herd immunity we will find out for sure how bad the economy has been wrecked.

  70. #70
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Watersmeet
    Posts
    858

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grub View Post
    Not Polaris fault. Covid has disrupted supply lines. Last week I ordered a 2021 Ford FX4. They have no idea when it will be built or when it will be here. This is just the first tip of the iceberg of how bad Covid-19 has screwed up everything. In the coming months once the disease goes away due to either a vaccine or herd immunity we will find out for sure how bad the economy has been wrecked.
    Quite true, example from BRP skidoo sleds haven’t be affected being built in Canada with covid not so out of control, but atv/utv built in Mexico very slow on production. And yes sometimes manufacturers are waiting in contractors that make certain components.

  71. #71
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    806

    Default

    IMG_1446 copy.jpgNot waiting to pick up new Sleds......Riding same sleds as LY ... tried rotating 1st pic but did not work
    IMG_1446.jpgIMG_1443.jpgIMG_1444.jpg
    Last edited by just_ride; 11-29-2020 at 04:20 PM.

  72. #72
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Neenah, Wisconsin is about 40 miles south of Green Bay's Lambeau Field.
    Posts
    2,085

  73. #73
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gary_in_neenah View Post
    That's the ticket,Thanks Gary
    Much appreciated!

  74. #74
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Wis.
    Posts
    1,971

    Default

    Lime green skid doo's,,,, the world is off it's axis.


    Quote Originally Posted by just_ride View Post
    That's the ticket,Thanks Gary
    Much appreciated!

  75. #75
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Elgin, IL.
    Posts
    731

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by timo View Post
    Lime green skid doo's,,,, the world is off it's axis.
    See that sled reminded me of a Clint Eastwood quote from the 1990 movie "The Rookie" with Charlie Sheen. When Clint Eastwood was steering at a lime green Lotus and said “Wanna know what's a crime? Whoever defaced that work of art by painting it that color... ought to have his *** removed.”

  76. #76
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Darboy,Wi
    Posts
    2,140

    Default

    Is bridge down?















    ......Somebody had to be first. Lol

    - - - Updated - - -

    Looks like gonna be close call for snow by 17th!!.

  77. #77
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by timo View Post
    Lime green skid doo's,,,, the world is off it's axis.
    better than red or black
    preferred color would be blue....but thats what was available
    still rides well...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Hey
    you guys still waiting on VR1s?....bud of mine still has not picked his up

  78. #78
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Elkhorn, Wi & St. Germain, WI
    Posts
    351

    Default

    I have mine, just waiting on snow.

  79. #79
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    East Peoria IL
    Posts
    52

    Default Picked mine up

    Quote Originally Posted by just_ride View Post
    better than red or black
    preferred color would be blue....but thats what was available
    still rides well...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Hey
    you guys still waiting on VR1s?....bud of mine still has not picked his up
    Picked mine up a couple weeks ago. 650 in Illinois. Already have 700 miles on it

  80. #80
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Waterford,WI
    Posts
    10,296

    Default

    I haven’t been able to find any new 12 foot Triton hybrid trailers in the Milwaukee area. Dealers tell me Triton is waiting on aluminum nothing shipping yet. Luckily no snow up north so far but dealers said no idea when or if shipping.

  81. #81
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Elkhorn, Wi & St. Germain, WI
    Posts
    351

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whitedust View Post
    I haven’t been able to find any new 12 foot Triton hybrid trailers in the Milwaukee area. Dealers tell me Triton is waiting on aluminum nothing shipping yet. Luckily no snow up north so far but dealers said no idea when or if shipping.
    my rep for triton told us March at earliest for anything I ordered now.

  82. #82
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Waterford,WI
    Posts
    10,296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by erkoehler View Post
    my rep for triton told us March at earliest for anything I ordered now.
    Thanks for the shipping dates dealers gave me no encouragement so I’ll probably stay with my current United Expressline. It’s in decent shape I just want something lighter to grunt around by myself mostly spent the last 15 years as a sled shed but back to chasing snow.

  83. #83
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Darboy,Wi
    Posts
    2,140

  84. #84
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    se mn
    Posts
    2,284

    Default

    Just put about 300 miles on my new VR1 Polaris 850. I gotta say it's a big step forward for Polaris. Oh and check out the dash!!IMG_20210104_155524_01.jpg

  85. #85
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Darboy,Wi
    Posts
    2,140

    Default

    Sweet.....cool having a compass!! Save some snow for me....be up late Thursday.

  86. #86
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    N.IL
    Posts
    68

    Default

    That dash is sweet. Looks like ipad. Be up tomorrow.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

» John Dee

» January 2021

S M T W T F S
2728293031 1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 123456

» Stats

Members: 20,377
Threads: 29,138
Posts: 344,847

» Online Users: 288

20 members and 268 guests
Most users ever online was 2,946, 07-12-2019 at 02:11 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0