Default New inline trailer comparison

Hey everyone I'm currently shopping for a new inline trailer and am looking for some input to a few brands I've narrowed it down to
    Triton, Mission, EZ hauler or Look brands.
    Thanks

You are not far from me. You should come look at my RnR. Custom built to order. CIMG9135.jpgCIMG9138.jpg

Check out Neo before making your final call.

Agree with ICT Sledder, check out the Neo trailers. You won't be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by slimcake View Post
    You are not far from me. You should come look at my RnR. Custom built to order. CIMG9135.jpgCIMG9138.jpg
    What size is that? How many sleds will fit in there? I've currently got a 8x20 plus a V 4 place and would like to shrink down to something smaller that could hold 3 sleds, assume all are 144-146" tracks.

Mission and Ez Hauler are both made by Mission.
    I believe Ez Hauler is the economy model, and mission is their top shelf. I have a local dealer that has both.
    The EZ hauler in-lines still looked pretty decent when I looked in person. Pretty bare bones inside, but that's what that model is for.
    The Mission All Sport was pretty nice. Pricey, but more interior features.

Quote Originally Posted by elf View Post
    What size is that? How many sleds will fit in there? I've currently got a 8x20 plus a V 4 place and would like to shrink down to something smaller that could hold 3 sleds, assume all are 144-146" tracks.
    7x18 w/5ft V. It sure is nice being able to see around the trailer. Nice to be able to stand up straight (6' 1") in the trailer. Pulls like its not there. Brakes on both axles. Axles are galvanized. Added lights and step for man door. Grab handle by man door. Last but certainly not least, REVERSE LIGHTS on the back of the trailer. Its always dark in the winter. Big LED's to shine the way. IMG-4134.jpgCIMG9137.jpg I looked at NEO and they are nice. I just wanted my trailer the way I wanted it. Almost added roof AC unit to it but I stopped... However the 600 dollars worth of Caliber products showed up today for the floor... Not done yet.

There is also Rance, Lightning, Feature Lite and Aluma. Rance and Lighning are made out of Indiana by Forest River (they make campers). Feature Lite and Aluma are made in Iowa. You can order directly from Aluma. I had to go through a dealer for my Rance. I found Rance to be the easiest to work with for getting customized size trailer, a low-profile (under 7') in-line V-nose to fit in my garage. 7'x14' w/5'-V. I can fit two long tracks (141") and a shorty (129") in it with some clever arranging.

NEO. I ordered my 7.5x18+V just the way I wanted it. Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by wisco-mb View Post
    Mission and Ez Hauler are both made by Mission.
    I believe Ez Hauler is the economy model, and mission is their top shelf. I have a local dealer that has both.
    The EZ hauler in-lines still looked pretty decent when I looked in person. Pretty bare bones inside, but that's what that model is for.
    The Mission All Sport was pretty nice. Pricey, but more interior features.
    ALCOM makes Mission, Ez Hauler, Sno Pro, Polaris Trailers, High Country & they're made in Maine. I have the Mission 7x16 Crossover and have been happy with it

I am on my second R&R and we have had brake issues with both. Other than that it is a get what you pay for trailer. I am going to look elsewhere for my next one.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Sheep View Post
    ALCOM makes Mission, Ez Hauler, Sno Pro, Polaris Trailers, High Country & they're made in Maine. I have the Mission 7x16 Crossover and have been happy with it
    I would bet for most folks buying those brands and reading this forum (rough geographic region), their trailers are actually made at the Alcom plant in Sioux Falls, SD, but I'm no expert on their distribution.

I think all the brands you listed are good choices except LOOK. They seem to be "low end" quality IMO. Never owned one personally, but just from what I've seen on the road they LOOK to be falling apart (pun intended). Good luck with your search!

Quote Originally Posted by snobinge View Post
    I am on my second R&R and we have had brake issues with both. Other than that it is a get what you pay for trailer. I am going to look elsewhere for my next one.
    Likewise. Have an R&R at current and won't likely buy another. If you need the cheapest option available they exist, and there's nothing really wrong with that, just want more next go-round.

Quote Originally Posted by ICT Sledder View Post
    I would bet for most folks buying those brands and reading this forum (rough geographic region), their trailers are actually made at the Alcom plant in Sioux Falls, SD, but I'm no expert on their distribution.
    I bought mine new in MN & it was built in Maine

7x18 w/5ft V. It sure is nice being able to see around the trailer. Nice to be able to stand up straight (6' 1") in the trailer. Pulls like its not there. Brakes on both axles. Axles are galvanized. Added lights and step for man door. Grab handle by man door. Last but certainly not least, REVERSE LIGHTS on the back of the trailer. Its always dark in the winter. Big LED's to shine the way. IMG-4134.jpgCIMG9137.jpg I looked at NEO and they are nice. I just wanted my trailer the way I wanted it. Almost added roof AC unit to it but I stopped... However the 600 dollars worth of Caliber products showed up today for the floor... Not done yet.
    I just put reverse lights on mine, looks to be the exact same ones you have. Can't wait til the first time backing up in the dark!

I also noticed Pace American got into the inline game this year

Quote Originally Posted by ICT Sledder View Post
    Likewise. Have an R&R at current and won't likely buy another. If you need the cheapest option available they exist, and there's nothing really wrong with that, just want more next go-round.
    I did notice the wiring was put together with those scotch locks. Not how I would do it. Atleast its inside. What else should I look for? They had good reviews in my research.

I did notice the wiring was put together with those scotch locks. Not how I would do it. Atleast its inside. What else should I look for? They had good reviews in my research.
    I don't think they're garbage or anything. Just not a fan of mine. Not big on the newer ones I see either. Nothing personal... just a trailer and all. I'm sure you'll be fine.

If you want one this season you might not be able to be too picky. Trailers are kind of in short supply. At least the types I have been shopping are.

i bought a Ledgend last spring. seems well built but the wiring is scotch-locks, cheesy for a very expensive brand...i would buy your new trailer from a reputable dealer near where you live, whatever brand you choose

I'll give another vote to check out a NEO if you haven't already

As another post mentioned, if you are looking for this year you better hurry up. For example, if you wanted to order a Triton it likely wouldn't be in until February. Inventories on many other brands is also way down. Not a good year to buy if you are particular.

Quote Originally Posted by Highflyer View Post
    As another post mentioned, if you are looking for this year you better hurry up. For example, if you wanted to order a Triton it likely wouldn't be in until February. Inventories on many other brands is also way down. Not a good year to buy if you are particular.
    Prices are also way up. I noticed most Neos and stealths are $1500-2500 higher than years past. I’ve been toying around with the idea of going back to an inline AGAIN now that I have a house suitable for a concrete slab on the side of the garage to store it and I have less garage space at the moment to store my sleds. Only problem is I didn’t have enough time this fall to get it poured so if I got the trailer now it would take up a good portion of the driveway...
    Last edited by indy_500; 11-11-2020 at 09:11 AM.

Don't get too hung up on Scotch-Loks in the wiring, AS LONG AS they are only inside the trailer. If outside/underneath, run. More important when looking at wiring, is how the electric brakes wire leads on the axles are spliced. Should be heat seal/heat shrink connectors with hot melt adhesive at a minimum. Those are pretty good but even those only last so long too. There will always be wiring splices right by the axles, because the axles only come with a short length of wire on the brake magnets and the trailer manufacturer has to connect somehow.

Other pretty important thing to look at for wiring, is how does the trailer manufacturer make the transition from the 7-way plug with the 7-conductor jacketed wire to the trailer wiring? I've seen some trailers that used a 2-gang household style steel electrical box, underneath the trailer/V-Nose! Guess what is inside of that un-sealed box? Regular old splice connectors, not heat sealed. Or even wire nuts! Yikes! Look for the 7-way jacketed wire to go inside the trailer before it goes into a junction box, to get those connections out of the elements. Also, look for the breakaway battery/battery box to be in an accessible and "dry" location, again, not buried up underneath the trailer under the v-nose. Have seen that too.

A tip on the breakaway battery. Most of the time they are forgotten, and will go dead after a year, and won't work if ever called upon (hopefully never needed). Wire in a breakaway battery trickle charger, so when the 7-way is connected to the vehicle and the +12V AUX pin is live, the breakaway battery will stay topped up. Still need to put a battery tender on the breakaway battery in the off-season a time or two if the trailer sits and is only used in winter.

I am on my 2nd RnR and have had great luck. I moved from an inline to a cargo to be able to haul my UTV also, they built it exactly the way I wanted. I sold my 2009 inline for $600 less than I paid for it. I did not have to do any repairs except replacing the brakes in 10 years of use.

I'm not much into trailers but I had an older all-steel 2 place that was simply too heavy...bought a new Formula 7x16 this past winter but really haven't had a chance to use it yet...seems well made...electric brakes, LED lights (inside too), back up lights, tie downs etc...break away battery...and it's 7' tall on inside...FWIW

Quote Originally Posted by wiharley02 View Post
    I've seen some trailers that used a 2-gang household style steel electrical box, underneath the trailer/V-Nose! Guess what is inside of that un-sealed box? Regular old splice connectors, not heat sealed. Or even wire nuts! Yikes! Look for the 7-way jacketed wire to go inside the trailer before it goes into a junction box, to get those connections out of the elements.
    My new trailer has the wires go into a weather proof Nema 3R box located under the trailer. Why would these connections inside need to be heatshrunk? There is no moisture or elements that can get in due to the enclosure rating. Are you talking about non-weather proof enclosures?

Just bought a 2020 Stealth with a black out package, 7X24+5'V, has bright reverse lights, and my wires go inside the trailer to a box where they are individually hooked to their own stud, also the break away battery box is next to it, it only charges when the truck is plugged in, so if the lights dont come on when I hit the switch I know that battery is dead, just put a trickle charger on it for a day, a full charge has lasted since late July, but also Im not having the inside lights on all the time either. and for what its worth I gave $9500

Quote Originally Posted by indy_500 View Post
    Prices are also way up. I noticed most Neos and stealths are $1500-2500 higher than years past. Iíve been toying around with the idea of going back to an inline AGAIN now that I have a house suitable for a concrete slab on the side of the garage to store it and I have less garage space at the moment to store my sleds. Only problem is I didnít have enough time this fall to get it poured so if I got the trailer now it would take up a good portion of the driveway...
    I did the opposite. I went back to a standard 2 place covered from a 2-3 place Stealth inline. I sold the inline for damn near what I paid for it. I wanted an easier trailer to move around in my storage building.

Quote Originally Posted by Highflyer View Post
    I did the opposite. I went back to a standard 2 place covered from a 2-3 place Stealth inline. I sold the inline for damn near what I paid for it. I wanted an easier trailer to move around in my storage building.
    I went from a clamshell 12’ triton to a 23’ stealth inline back to a 12’ clamshell triton and now interested in going back LOL. The inline was a bit of a pain hooking up, moving around, etc but with less garage space I have a bit of a storage problem for all of my sleds at the moment with the new house.

Sheboygan,Wi. Retirment home Lakewood, wi.

Hmmmmm. New house..smaller garage??? Doesn't sound like an upgrade.

My new trailer has the wires go into a weather proof Nema 3R box located under the trailer. Why would these connections inside need to be heatshrunk? There is no moisture or elements that can get in due to the enclosure rating. Are you talking about non-weather proof enclosures?
    I'm speculating but maybe since there could still be condensation inside the NEMA box? I've seen that happen and heat shrinking would be added insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by garageguy View Post

You heard Skylar. Hes Domesticated Indy now. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by dfattack View Post
    I'm speculating but maybe since there could still be condensation inside the NEMA box? I've seen that happen and heat shrinking would be added insurance.
    I thought about that also, but I don't think there should be any condensation inside. The interior of the box shouldn't be warmer than the outside, so no condensation should be forming? As long as box is air tight, shouldn't be an issue.

I thought about that also, but I don't think there should be any condensation inside. The interior of the box shouldn't be warmer than the outside, so no condensation should be forming? As long as box is air tight, shouldn't be an issue.
    In theory yes, but if for example the trailer was kept inside a heated garage overnight then the box would be the current air temp on both the outside and inside. If you then hook up and start out down the road the outside of the box will quickly cool and the inside would eventually get cold as well, condensating in the process.

I'm not an engineer or anything close. Just tossing it out there that it could happen. I'm sure there are smarter people on here that could jump in.

Quote Originally Posted by garageguy View Post
    Don't worry, in two months he'll be talking about his new garage. They must pay well up there.

93C51E44-3FA6-4EC3-B556-795926FB75B1.jpg

Here is what I bought. 2020 EZ Hauler 7x21

so many peps said check out the Neo trailers.......what do you like on the Neos......got some pics

I've tried countless times to upload pics to this forum. No luck.

I love everything about my Neo though.

Whatever you buy take all the Screws out and replace them with Stainless Steel Screws. If anyone wants to buy some junk Steel Screws I have hundreds of them.

If you want a good Trailer check Featherlight. Wish I could afford one.

Quote Originally Posted by longtrack View Post
    Whatever you buy take all the Screws out and replace them with Stainless Steel Screws. If anyone wants to buy some junk Steel Screws I have hundreds of them.

I did the same thing on my Legend trailer. All screws were replaced with stainless. Good call.

I had my RnR custom built 7' x 20' with a 5' V

Among a lot of upgrades I spec'd all my wiring to be soldered then heat shrunk.

All hardware including any screws to be stainless.

Don~

Wished I woulda thought to ask for stainless screws from RnR. Got everything else right I guess. I installed my Caliber products ski guides and track pads yesterday. Haven't had that much screwing since college.... Two batteries through the milwaukee drill....

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Sheep View Post
    I hear those mission inlines pay for them self in just 2 yrs

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by longtrack View Post

I got a used 15 triton thus yr . A lower level vault model and it has all stainless from the factory

[QUOTE=ezra;499888]I hear those mission inlines pay for them self in just 2 yrs

yes they do....22 months to be exact