Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Michigan restaurant and bar shut down

With all Michigan restaurants and bars shut down (indoors) and snowmobile season right around the corner I wonder if any business owners plan to set up outside facilities to cash in on us snowmobilers. Maybe with some of those outside portable heaters. Hopefully most will as its nice to stretch the legs, get warmed up, and eat a greasy cheeseburger during those all day rides!

Hopefully they stick to the 3 weeks which puts us at Dec 7 or so when supposedly they can re-open, or at least maybe at 50% capacity. Assuming that happens then only the first week of the season would be impacted and then things can "get back to normal"!

I'm betting many will close for awhile. Here in S WI many schools that were in class are going to virtual learning until January 18. My kids school is going to call it tonight. They know the covid is going to keep spreading with the holidays around the corner. Hospitals are filling up. I do hope some bars that can do a outside deal, I'm betting they will be busy though. There is no way cases will be going down with the holidays.

and who thought things would get better after election, worst yet to come. here in Wi survival rate still 99.1% percentage of population infected.. 1 to 2% , its unfortunate people have died from this but death rate somewhere around .05% . NOT WORTH IT!! and all sorts of new mandates issued yesterday that make no sense, just keep printing money!

Neenah, Wisconsin is about 40 miles south of Green Bay's Lambeau Field.

Default Just thinking out loud here

Quote Originally Posted by PanicRev View Post
    With all Michigan restaurants and bars shut down (indoors) and snowmobile season right around the corner I wonder if any business owners plan to set up outside facilities to cash in on us snowmobilers.
    Not sure if that's realistic with profit margins being what they are. But if they do close or limit operations this would be an ideal opportunity for fund raising for the clubs. Picture a busy intersection or road crossing with hot food and beverage. And if you want to go one better, a couple of Porta Johnnies for the ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by gary_in_neenah View Post
    Not sure if that's realistic with profit margins being what they are. But if they do close or limit operations this would be an ideal opportunity for fund raising for the clubs. Picture a busy intersection or road crossing with hot food and beverage. And if you want to go one better, a couple of Porta Johnnies for the ladies.
    Now there's an idea!!!

Quote Originally Posted by euphoric1 View Post
    and who thought things would get better after election, worst yet to come. here in Wi survival rate still 99.1% percentage of population infected.. 1 to 2% , its unfortunate people have died from this but death rate somewhere around .05% . NOT WORTH IT!! and all sorts of new mandates issued yesterday that make no sense, just keep printing money!
    Agree with you, although we still don't know...for sure... who the winner is but if it was a clear win for Trump I do think things would be different. For example, if businesses started to not listen to these nutty governors and mayors they would do so knowing the President would have their backs. This would give them a little more confidence to not conform.

I really wish EVERYONE would just say enough to these governors. No way they could enforce any of it if nobody listened.

Quote Originally Posted by dfattack View Post
    Agree with you, although we still don't know...for sure... who the winner is but if it was a clear win for Trump I do think things would be different. For example, if businesses started to not listen to these nutty governors and mayors they would do so knowing the President would have their backs. This would give them a little more confidence to not conform.

I really wish EVERYONE would just say enough to these governors. No way they could enforce any of it if nobody listened.
    Agreed! and honestly I cant believe it hasn't happened already, give it time and if these useless mandates continue

That's a pretty good idea!

Phoenix, AZ (Displaced Yooper with family connections in Houghton, Ontonagon & Marquette counties.)

… And if you want to go one better, a couple of Porta Johnnies for the ladies.
    Porta Johnnies? Wouldn't those be "Porta Jills"?

Our school goes virtual immediately after Thanksgiving break. No return to semi normal is set. Had lovely conversation with high school principal and superintendent because they expect the kids to be in class face timing during actual class. We couldn't get internet all day through 3 different sources. So now provisions will be made for the teachers to video tape the lessons. Right now both think I'm a witch with a consonant change, but it's not my children's fault. I refuse to move the cows to town for the convenience of the school district.

I like the fundraising idea with the porta potties, it's really fun from the female perspective to answer the call of nature in the winter.

For us I hope we get adequate snow around hear that we can just ride and eat a snack then go home. Also there are a lot of remote bars down here that during the week are pretty dead between 7 to 9 pm if we decide to ride at night. The other option is get a cabin with a full kitchen somewhere. Eat a big breakfast, pack a mid day snack, then make supper back at the cabin. Unless it's truly freezing out this would work. Did it up on the Northshore of Minnesota in late March. Just have to bring with some whiskey and Jack for back at the cabin.😎

Not worried about Evers but no idea how far Whitmer will go? If Whitmer wants to shut down Snowmobiler migration to MI to contain Covid spread all she has to do is sit on trail funding and shutdown all our amenities. I’m very hopeful this doesn’t happen but if she kills snowmobiling before it gets started it will be very difficult to start up after a shutdown. Access to a vaccine could help a lot but so far no clear schedule on who and when a vaccine will be available. I’m very anxious about this season but hoping for a decent season.

Does anyone else miss MP?

Quote Originally Posted by matti View Post
    NO! Thanks John!!!

who?

2 promising vaccines with over 90% effective, should be able to start shipping vials in Dec they say. It will take a while to get out 7.8 billion doses but it is a start to end this madness. if the bars and restaurants get closed down this season it will certainly change everyone's normal riding routines. Shorter trips with more frequent stops back at your cabin or hotel. Like the idea of hot food and port a potty's at busy intersections. Either local restaurants/bars can set up, or snowmobile clubs to raise some $$. Hoping this 3 week shut down knocks the infection rate back down and they go back to at least 50% inside service, these places are holding on by a string as it is. Please do your part and support your local businesses and avoid the chains.

I was thinking too if places scaled fhere menu down to burger, bowl chili, can soda. Order at front eat it in parking lot and be on way. Make it sled drive thru ordering. Lol

You trail riders need to do what they use to do in the old days of sledding; get someone to haul a chuck wagon, ride to somewhere and then build a bonfire, ccok some dead animal flesh, drink a couple of bevs and have some fun.

And maybe you just might enjoy the best part of the U.P. and that's just being there.

Not EVEN a little bit...

who?
    lol

Hallock MN. 20 miles south of Canada - 10 miles east of ND.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandylake View Post
    You trail riders need to do what they use to do in the old days of sledding; get someone to haul a chuck wagon, ride to somewhere and then build a bonfire, ccok some dead animal flesh, drink a couple of bevs and have some fun.

And maybe you just might enjoy the best part of the U.P. and that's just being there.
    Go away.

It will be an interesting season to see what becomes of all these rules and whatever... I always liked MRE’s on the trail, they were fast, easy to use and gave you lots of heat, something to think about... I thought of bringing along some type of instant pop-up tent that you could go inside and keep warm and relax with some type of heat source, you could use out on the trail that didn’t take up much space

Quote Originally Posted by WorkHardPlayHrd View Post
    Our school goes virtual immediately after Thanksgiving break. No return to semi normal is set. Had lovely conversation with high school principal and superintendent because they expect the kids to be in class face timing during actual class. We couldn't get internet all day through 3 different sources. So now provisions will be made for the teachers to video tape the lessons. Right now both think I'm a witch with a consonant change, but it's not my children's fault. I refuse to move the cows to town for the convenience of the school district.

I like the fundraising idea with the porta potties, it's really fun from the female perspective to answer the call of nature in the winter.

For us I hope we get adequate snow around hear that we can just ride and eat a snack then go home. Also there are a lot of remote bars down here that during the week are pretty dead between 7 to 9 pm if we decide to ride at night. The other option is get a cabin with a full kitchen somewhere. Eat a big breakfast, pack a mid day snack, then make supper back at the cabin. Unless it's truly freezing out this would work. Did it up on the Northshore of Minnesota in late March. Just have to bring with some whiskey and Jack for back at the cabin.��
    We have reliable internet, and there are still "nation wide " problems with virtual, can you imaging attending school on what an 10" screen??? teacher constantly harping on other students about being quiet and paying attention as well as excessive background noise from homes, it quite frankly is almost laughable. Then Evers said there would be no standardized testing or grade assessments for the 2020 school year or make up for lost time, we already passed our children on last year after missing 1/2 the school year. I would like to know how much this "virtual" is really costing the tax payer. Lets not forget the teachers have been getting paid ever since this started in 2019, even during times when NOTHING was happening. Then on news this morning... "teachers are putting their life on the line" I just don't get it and this altercation of policies and important requirements in life over something that still has a 99% survival rate makes absolutely no sense. I hope and pray they don't close down the snowmobiling season, it would be very detrimental to an entire industry and a already fragile Northwoods economy.

We have reliable internet, and there are still "nation wide " problems with virtual, can you imaging attending school on what an 10" screen??? teacher constantly harping on other students about being quiet and paying attention as well as excessive background noise from homes, it quite frankly is almost laughable. Then Evers said there would be no standardized testing or grade assessments for the 2020 school year or make up for lost time, we already passed our children on last year after missing 1/2 the school year. I would like to know how much this "virtual" is really costing the tax payer. Lets not forget the teachers have been getting paid ever since this started in 2019, even during times when NOTHING was happening. Then on news this morning... "teachers are putting their life on the line" I just don't get it and this altercation of policies and important requirements in life over something that still has a 99% survival rate makes absolutely no sense. I hope and pray they don't close down the snowmobiling season, it would be very detrimental to an entire industry and a already fragile Northwoods economy.
    Home schooled kids have been doing it for years **** decades at this point and have it under control. Just 2 more example of govenment not able to finds its way out of a paper bag .
    If I were a teacher right now I would be real F ing nervous about my career choice. 1 teacher can now do the job of many districts not just 1 school .
    No more big buildings to maintain no more pensions contributed to no more %1 line ittem on your property tax . And in the not to distant future a algorithm will be doing the job .

As far as bars it won't be long till some just start saying F you we are open . If it comes down to giving it to the bank or giving it to the state the middle finger will feel best and at least give you a chance

if i was a bar owner up north i'd go down on my own terms swinging,,, than sit by and watch some no nothing bureaucrat determine my livelihood.

I don't know how you guys are even able to listen to Whitmer's press conferences. The sound and tone of her voice is like nails on a chalkboard to me.

I'm no scientist, but it seems pretty obvious to me, that STAYING HOME AND INSIDE is NOT going to slow the virus.

It surged last winter/spring in the north, where people were staying indoors to be warm. Then, it surged late spring through the summer in the south, when people were staying indoors in the AC. Now guess what, its surging in the north again because its gotten colder and people are staying indoors!

Just a friendly reminder from the Gov of the wonderful state of New York on May 7th:
    00FA4BA3-5B93-4BF5-AAE8-609D70F49D05.jpg
    Last edited by xcr440; 11-19-2020 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by grub View Post
    Go away.
    Why?

Then on news this morning... "teachers are putting their life on the line"
    Please....(eye roll)...it's the cops who are putting their lives on the line.

I know you were quoting this euphoric. Not saying you said it.

Purely statistically-speaking, neither teachers or LEO's are even close to putting their lives on the line. Lots and lots of careers that are more dangerous than either, but don't receive all the fanfare. Both have massive unions that successfully portray them as permanent victims though.

I just bring H20 and a sammich. Boom. Riding.

Next thing teachers and so called front line workers (and I don't agree completely with what we consider front line) will be in line to receive medals/awards once reserved for people who truly put their life on the line i.e.... police/military who don't always get the recognition they earned or were not recognized for. I know this may be going to far, but wouldn't surprise me.

Next thing teachers and so called front line workers (and I don't agree completely with what we consider front line) will be in line to receive medals/awards once reserved for people who truly put their life on the line i.e.... police/military who don't always get the recognition they earned or were not recognized for. I know this may be going to far, but wouldn't surprise me.
    We really need to stop making a connection between folks in the military and LEO's. There's very little similarity. Military makes legitimate sacrifices. Cops are the leading edge of an overbearing government who wants control of every aspect of your life. They're bureaucrats with guns.

Quote Originally Posted by ICT Sledder View Post
    We really need to stop making a connection between folks in the military and LEO's. There's very little similarity. Military makes legitimate sacrifices. Cops are the leading edge of an overbearing government who wants control of every aspect of your life. They're bureaucrats with guns.
    Just saying, I don't agree with who all we consider to be "front line" workers in this "pandemic" I just cant believe educators are actually considering teaching putting their life on the line during this "pandemic" didn't mean to offend anyone
    I just hope the up and coming snowmobiling season will be a successful one both for the businesses/industry as a whole who rely on winter and for the riders who enjoy the sport and the short season, there is really no reason to shut it down, and I hope and pray businesses will be allowed to function and have a successful season.
    Last edited by euphoric1; 11-19-2020 at 02:52 PM.

Just saying, I don't agree with who all we consider to be "front line" workers in this "pandemic" I just cant believe educators are actually considering teaching putting their life on the line during this "pandemic" didn't mean to offend anyone
    I just hope the up and coming snowmobiling season will be a successful one both for the businesses/industry as a whole who rely on winter and for the riders who enjoy the sport and the short season, there is really no reason to shut it down, and I hope and pray businesses will be allowed to function and have a successful season.
    If the season gets shut down, it will be folks with badges and guns threatening you with fines and imprisonment for not doing exactly as they say, not teachers. Just laying that out there.

If the season gets shut down, it will be folks with badges and guns threatening you with fines and imprisonment for not doing exactly as they say, not teachers. Just laying that out there.
    True that, lets just hope they give the finger to the gov's, just as is being done in other states if they do go that far.

Neenah, Wisconsin is about 40 miles south of Green Bay's Lambeau Field.

Default A couple of thoughts here

Minnesota's governor has already limited outdoor gatherings kinda like what we do when snowmobiling. And the season hasn't begun yet. Yes, they can close down the bars and restaurants but just the act of gathering would be a violation. Enforceable?

"Social gatherings are groups of individuals, who are not members of the same household, congregated together for a common or coordinated social, community, or leisure purpose—even if social distancing can be maintained." Sounds like snowmobiling to me.

Secondly, and this concerns me just as much. Snowmobiling is a nitch activity. If they pull the plug on our season there will be few upset other than we the snowmobilers. The bar and restaurant owners are already feeling the pain.

Minnesota all bars, restaurants, and gatherings not allowed as of midnight friday. I think it's for a month.

Minnesota's governor has already limited outdoor gatherings kinda like what we do when snowmobiling. And the season hasn't begun yet. Yes, they can close down the bars and restaurants but just the act of gathering would be a violation. Enforceable?

"Social gatherings are groups of individuals, who are not members of the same household, congregated together for a common or coordinated social, community, or leisure purpose—even if social distancing can be maintained." Sounds like snowmobiling to me.

Secondly, and this concerns me just as much. Snowmobiling is a nitch activity. If they pull the plug on our season there will be few upset other than we the snowmobilers. The bar and restaurant owners are already feeling the pain.
    My main concern months ago, was what the "Gov" was going to order, and how that relates to the DNR and all the big state trails we have. This is not good, and I'll find other places to ride if that's what it takes. May have to run some moguls I wouldn't normally to get to the next connector trail. We as clubs, have NOT been given any order to "cease and desist" grooming activities, but I'm sure they could construe that statement into it.

Minnesota all bars, restaurants, and gatherings not allowed as of midnight friday. I think it's for a month.
    Suuuuuure it is..... we've been down this road before.

Bastard closed down the gyms, I like to workout often. It'll be for three months now at least. How you gonna back track in colder months of Jan and Feb if you think its bad now with no vaccine.

Like a festering boil on my butt.

I don't know how you guys are even able to listen to Whitmer's press conferences. The sound and tone of her voice is like nails on a chalkboard to me.
    I haven't watched any for exactly that reason.

Not necessarily. At several points along this ride, several sheriffs have said they wouldn't enforce the dictator's orders.

In MI this spring, they froze all spending for wheeled trail maintenance/grooming. Locked the bathrooms that are at the parking lots. Told the Clubs not to perform any work. Half way through the season we were able to get things rolling in the program enough to do half of our normal work.

People still rode, but things sure took a beating. Plus we were not able (officially) to be out there making things safe (brushing/signing/etc.) until mid summer.. It's not yet hit the snowmobile program, but there is serious concern they will try to do the same thing. I don't know of a good solution other than to keep pressure on our legislators and hope they can make a dent. If program funds are "frozen" by the State, clubs can't afford the fuel to groom..

We still have goofball rules in place, like the 5 page document we had to sign saying we understood all of the necessary precautions and promised to sanitize the handlebars, hand and foot levers and the seat, before we let another trail worker use the club quad.

Why do you need to sanitize the foot levers? Something going on we don't know about?😉

Quote Originally Posted by ezra View Post
    Home schooled kids have been doing it for years **** decades at this point and have it under control. Just 2 more example of govenment not able to finds its way out of a paper bag .
    If I were a teacher right now I would be real F ing nervous about my career choice. 1 teacher can now do the job of many districts not just 1 school .
    No more big buildings to maintain no more pensions contributed to no more %1 line ittem on your property tax . And in the not to distant future a algorithm will be doing the job .

As far as bars it won't be long till some just start saying F you we are open . If it comes down to giving it to the bank or giving it to the state the middle finger will feel best and at least give you a chance
    So you think with online learning that 1 teacher can teach hundreds of kid at one time now? Who is going to do all the grading this same 1 teacher? Do think that is going to happen!

Why do you need to sanitize the foot levers? Something going on we don't know about?��
    You didn't read about "covid toes" earlier this year in the MSM panic? ;-)

It's always fun with Govt "is here to help" and forces one-size rules to "fit 'em all". Clearly a bunch of dirt bikes, ATVs and hand tools were not in consideration when they made us sign and agree to these steps:

Equipment/Vehicles/Tools - Guidelines for Operating Equipment, Vehicles & Tools
    o Workers shall “clean in and clean out” when working on site.
    o The common touch points in shared motor vehicle or equipment should be
    sanitized between users. Disinfectant wipes (Clorox, Lysol, Purell, etc) are handy
    for wiping down steering wheels, arm rests, controls, etc.
    o Avoid multiple workers riding in the same vehicle.
    o Purchase sanitizing wipes (65% + alcohol) for every vehicle in the fleet
    o Prior to using the vehicle use a sanitizing wipe to clean all surfaces that may be
    touched by yourself or another person using the vehicle. Surfaces that could be touched include:
    �� Steering wheel
    �� Door handles
    �� Turn signals and wiper controls
    �� Climate control knobs
    �� On board control panel/FM radio controls �� Keys
    �� Shift handle
    �� Brake lever (if present)
    �� Sun visor
    �� Dashboard
    �� Glove box handle
    �� Center console
    �� Tractor Controls
    o Upon departing the vehicle, wipe down common touch points listed above.
    o Workers should wash hands with soap and water after using a vehicle.
    o Utility vehicles such as gators should be single rider only, with or without a cab. o All hand tools should be sanitized before and after use utilizing disinfectant
    sprays or wipes.

Do you think LEO REALLY want that to be part of their job or seriously will enforce it? If so, you never worked around police officers. Where exactly were the BLM rallies that you've been attending?

Question, all you hear about are the cases and positivity rate in Wisconsin keeps going up. I would like to hear from real people (not the news media) if the hospitals are "bursting at the seams" with Covid cases. I can never find reliable information on Covid hospitalizations in the Wisconsin northwoods. What do you see happening outside the population centers like Milwaukee? Is the hospital in Minocqua (Howard Young) or Eagle River (Ascension) "bursting at the seams" with Covid patients? Or are they moved to Rhinelander or Wausau? What about around Hayward? Thanks.

(PS - I figured it was safe to ask this question with MP MIA for a few weeks.)

Sheboygan,Wi. Retirment home Lakewood, wi.

I was a patient ina hospital in sheboygan two weeks ago.none covid. I found no signs of the rooms being over run.lots of rooms empty. I was also in the E.R. twice afterwards and found that area very busy. Mostly walk ins wanting to get thier runny nose checked out. Granted that was two weeks ago and things may have changed.

Quote Originally Posted by xsledder View Post
    Question, all you hear about are the cases and positivity rate in Wisconsin keeps going up. I would like to hear from real people (not the news media) if the hospitals are "bursting at the seams" with Covid cases. I can never find reliable information on Covid hospitalizations in the Wisconsin northwoods. What do you see happening outside the population centers like Milwaukee? Is the hospital in Minocqua (Howard Young) or Eagle River (Ascension) "bursting at the seams" with Covid patients? Or are they moved to Rhinelander or Wausau? What about around Hayward? Thanks.

(PS - I figured it was safe to ask this question with MP MIA for a few weeks.)
    xsledder, I understand not wanting to hear the media's version as the "fear mongering" continues, but even if you listen to what they have to say...its my understanding there are between 13,000 and 15,000 hospital beds in the state, and if you do go as the media says there are just over 3000 beds occupied by covid patients 19% of those in ICU, so wait a minute 13,000 - 15,000 beds? 3000 - 4000 beds occupied?? overwhelmed?? don't have to be a genius to not understand how this is overwhelming, maybe its worse in specific towns/cities but... oh and lets not forget the "17" patients in the 24 million dollar hospital employed by 400 people in milwukee. they are once again stopping elective surgeries, then there was a doctor and I don't remember where in Wisconsin it was stating they are dangerously short on PPE because they didn't plan carefully enough ahead of time, didn't stockpile. That sounds like human error not covid's fault. I also had heard and yes on "media" so take it for what its worth, 30% of health care workers are working while positive with covid, WAIT A MINUTE.. of all places, of all people how is this possible? yet mask up everyone!! Hospitals also complaining of being short staffed, how about calling all the furlowed workers back to work. So if you listen to the stats the "media" puts out there, Overwhelmed?? we have bigger issues IMO

Manitowish Waters, WI and Village of Summit, Wisconsin

We install seamless liquid flooring in Hospitals all over the country and we are busy. Installations get used back but I think its more because of budgetary concerns, not the hospitals being overrun with patients. We've never heard nurses or facilities managers tell us that COVID was taking over the hospital. It's really just business as usual as far as I can see. The last one we did two weeks ago was in Biloxi, MS and what I saw down there was the mask mandates and such were very loose and people seemed just do what they pleased. Wearing masks is a hassle but in Wisconsin I see that most people that wear them. The thing I get a little perturbed with is being told every waking minute of every day that we need to mask up, wash our hands, social distance, etc. We are all adults and pretty doing this for the most part in my observations. It would be interesting to see what TV stations news program ratings are these days as I think people have stopped watching them.

In Barron and Rice Lake 25 to 30 percent of health care workers are out of commission either because they have Covid, or are an immediate contact with someone who does. Like their children. That is directly from a provider that works up there. It's not so much the beds. It's the current lack of staff right now.

I know in Illinois a health care worker can be positive for the Chinese virus but still work if they are not showing symptoms. Seems kinda screwed up to me a nurse told me that most of her hospital beds people are over 400 pounds and drug addicts that have the virus.

Quote Originally Posted by blkhwkbob View Post
    Do you think LEO REALLY want that to be part of their job or seriously will enforce it? If so, you never worked around police officers. Where exactly were the BLM rallies that you've been attending?
    Many LEO's are absolutely happy to enforce the covid stuff. Are you kidding? Plenty of videos out there. You're talking about a group of people that by and large enjoy and are attracted to authoritarianism, and the covid regs are just another arrow in their quiver to lord over the public. Certainly not all of them, but A LOT of them.

All I am saying is that you can't complain about the onerous regulations being forced upon us by an overbearing government, AND lionize LEO's with sainthood. They are literally two sides of the same coin. Law enforcement - over the history of humanity - is how big government and regimes force their will on the common man. Law enforcement is a necessary evil that must be restrained and monitored.

And please with the BLM stuff. You know there's really two groups to the right side of the political spectrum, right? Those who like themselves some big government from a right-leaning perspective, and those who generally just want the government to do basic things like infrastructure and defense and otherwise screw off and stay out of people's lives. I'm part of the latter group.

In Barron and Rice Lake 25 to 30 percent of health care workers are out of commission either because they have Covid, or are an immediate contact with someone who does. Like their children. That is directly from a provider that works up there. It's not so much the beds. It's the current lack of staff right now.
    X2. The staff is short, not the beds available.

I see there were over 900 staff at Maya clinic that tested positive(over last 2 weeks). Of the 905 cases, 93 percent of them are due to "community spread".

Many LEO's are absolutely happy to enforce the covid stuff. Are you kidding? Plenty of videos out there. You're talking about a group of people that by and large enjoy and are attracted to authoritarianism, and the covid regs are just another arrow in their quiver to lord over the public. Certainly not all of them, but A LOT of them.

All I am saying is that you can't complain about the onerous regulations being forced upon us by an overbearing government, AND lionize LEO's with sainthood. They are literally two sides of the same coin. Law enforcement - over the history of humanity - is how big government and regimes force their will on the common man. Law enforcement is a necessary evil that must be restrained and monitored.

And please with the BLM stuff. You know there's really two groups to the right side of the political spectrum, right? Those who like themselves some big government from a right-leaning perspective, and those who generally just want the government to do basic things like infrastructure and defense and otherwise screw off and stay out of people's lives. I'm part of the latter group.
    I know LEO's on both sides of the spectrum, just like everything else these days.

And yeah, I'm on the latter, we will never get everyone to agree to that, which is why we are where we are.

My Wife ran into one of those cops back when the covid first hit. He was parked in a private non-profit organization parking lot. MY wife always parks there to walk or take a bike ride (her parents are members) Cop drove up to her and told her that it was a private place and it was closed do to lockdown. I am surprised, but my wife did put him in his place. She said he was a dink about it. That is some of the things cops do that put a bad taste in a person mouth like her that has never done anything more than a few speeding tickets her whole life.

Quote Originally Posted by wisco-mb View Post

I see there were over 900 staff at Maya clinic that tested positive(over last 2 weeks). Of the 905 cases, 93 percent of them are due to "community spread".
    So...you have to wonder then, if this "covid" this is so dangerous, and even health care workers are getting it and "93%" percent of that 900 staff are getting it due to community spread, heck its running rampid at the capital "6" and I say again "6" lawmakers now have it, yes "6" and its running rampid there! did they think they were somehow immune?? are these healthcare workers being completely careless when not at work? not wearing masks? not sanitizing or washing hands? hanging out with people who have it? the very things they preach we can do to prevent it or slow its progress? I highly doubt it, being that they are front and center and see how deadly it is. This covid thing is real yes, people are UNFORTUNATELY dying from it but when are we going to admit.... ITS A VIRUS and you cant stop it, it will find a way, our bodies are constantly fighting off bacteria, germs, viruses and diseases.

I wonder if they hired back any of the staff they let go last spring....

Quote Originally Posted by xcr440 View Post
    I wonder if they hired back any of the staff they let go last spring....
    Are those same people they let go, qualified for ICU?

Are those same people they let go, qualified for ICU?
    Good question. Nobody says WHAT they are short staffed for, just "short staffed". Any insight?

On a side note, MN DNR told us to STOP safety training. Apparently having 3 kids at a time with two instructors socially distant with masks on sitting at their own tables in a 30x50 garage is too close. This includes the outdoor driving test we usually do in December.

Manitowish Waters, WI and Village of Summit, Wisconsin

My wife works at ProHealthcare in Waukesha, WI. When COVID hit in March/April they furloughed a lot of people including my wife. She was out for two weeks and was called back, they only called back the people that they wanted, not sure what the % was but it was not 100%. They are always asking her to work late or pick up days that she has off. We are of course thankful that she is working but they must have lost a lot of money during this first months of COVID and are now just making due with short staff to try and catch up.

This is the most ignorant thing you have ever said Ezra. Wow....

Really so home schooled kids who BTW are light yrs ahead of public school test scores have not been doing virtual learning for over a decade ?
    Or are you are saying with virtual learning 1 teacher from there home cant do the job of say 20 teachers you know like the home schooled kids have been doing for a decade?
    Or are you saying a bar owner looking at foreclosure won't say F this and just open up and take a lot ditch effort to save there business,

Really so home schooled kids who BTW are light yrs ahead of public school test scores have not been doing virtual learning for over a decade ?
    You ate saying with virtual learning 1 teacher from there home cant do the job of say 20 teachers ?
    Or are you saying a bar owner looking at foreclosure won't say F this and just open up
    You obviously have never taught grammar school. I would love to see you address, say in first grade, how five students cannot write their name, five are reading at a third grade level, two do not know what a number is, etc... Now multiple that by hundreds with one teacher virtually. And I haven’t even brought up the parent factor. I can go on and on, but your so intelligent I’m sure you could do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Lake County View Post
    You obviously have never taught grammar school. I would love to see you address, say in first grade, how five students cannot write their name, five are reading at a third grade level, two do not know what a number is, etc... Now multiple that by hundreds with one teacher virtually. And I haven’t even brought up the parent factor. I can go on and on, but your so intelligent I’m sure you could do it!
    My spelling showes public school proficiency.
    Again home schooled kids results are what they are . I would also be nervous if I were a teacher right now

I can go on and on, but your so intelligent I’m sure you could do it!
    Oh, frnash, where art thou?

I completely agree with your statement above. Certainly an emotional reaction bleeding through the computer.....

- - - Updated - - -

And this is why the lockdowns are pointless. The above problem will continue to happen if we let fear drive our decision with COVID. I say this as someone who had to run a company this entire year and also someone who has had COVID. We are making a way bigger deal out of this **** then it needs to be.

- - - Updated - - -

Where on earth do you hang out that you think cops enjoy enforcing COVID restrictions? Heck, most police unions supported TRUMP in the midwest, a president who was doing anything but shutting down things this summer/FAll

Hallock MN. 20 miles south of Canada - 10 miles east of ND.

I have seen this both ways. The public schools around here are basically just places you go to find out where and when you are going to play your next football or hockey game. Or volleyball or basketball or track or god knows what. Actual academics are just an afterthought. They graduate with honors and then they get to college and find out just how dumb they are. But by god they can dribble a basketball. As far as home schooling most of the time these kids get to be 18 and can't balance a checkbook. There are a few exceptions but mostly the home schoolers don't have much luck in college. It goes back to the parents on both levels. As far as standardized testing that is a joke too. They take the tests three times and after that if they don't pass they get kicked ahead anyway. It is a joke. But on the plus side society at large is getting so dumb that they blend right in anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Highflyer View Post
    Where on earth do you hang out that you think cops enjoy enforcing COVID restrictions? Heck, most police unions supported TRUMP in the midwest, a president who was doing anything but shutting down things this summer/FAll
    While I agree with you, I have seen videos of Police actively enforcing an obviously unconstitutional executive order and they weren't too remorseful. I would guess it's a tiny percentage of law enforcement that agrees with this crap. Probably about the same percentage that needs to be weeded out like the officer up in Minneapolis. 5% maybe?? not really sure but I"m sure it's minimal.

What shocks me is when I see ex-military or current military generals going against Trump and what he stands for. It blows me away that you can serve in the military and be against conservative values. Just like a politician claiming to be "a good Christian" and support abortion after the 3rd trimester or even after the baby was born (Pelosi). It doesn't add up. Sorry John If I went too far and pull it if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Highflyer View Post
    Do you think firefighters love a good structure fire? Of course, they live for it, in spite of the loss of property.

Do you think paramedics enjoy at some level a nasty car wreck, and the work that goes into trying to save a life. Sure they do, in spite of the potential or ultimate loss of life.

Do you NOT think LEO's who enjoy the authority of their position and enforcement of the law, don't also enjoy the fact that there are now more laws to enforce and more authority to carry?

Ultimately, folks in law enforcement should really align themselves with the authoritarian left and democrats, because that it where the spirit of their career lies. This whole "I'm a small government conservative" in their personal lives, and "do what I say because I am the hand of big government" in their work lives doesn't ideologically reconcile. They're opposing ends of the same spectrum. Cognitive dissonance.
    Last edited by ICT Sledder; 11-25-2020 at 01:48 PM.

Ultimately, folks in law enforcement should really align themselves with the authoritarian left and democrats, because that it where the spirit of their career lies. This whole "I'm a small government conservative" in their personal lives, and "do what I say because I am the hand of big government" in their work lives doesn't ideologically reconcile. They're opposing ends of the same spectrum. Cognitive dissonance.
    And traditionally they have. This year, with the whole "defund the police" movement, it shifted.

Quote Originally Posted by grub View Post
    I have seen this both ways. The public schools around here are basically just places you go to find out where and when you are going to play your next football or hockey game. Or volleyball or basketball or track or god knows what. Actual academics are just an afterthought. They graduate with honors and then they get to college and find out just how dumb they are. But by god they can dribble a basketball. As far as home schooling most of the time these kids get to be 18 and can't balance a checkbook. There are a few exceptions but mostly the home schoolers don't have much luck in college. It goes back to the parents on both levels. As far as standardized testing that is a joke too. They take the tests three times and after that if they don't pass they get kicked ahead anyway. It is a joke. But on the plus side society at large is getting so dumb that they blend right in anyway.
    home/virtual schooling takes a completely different discipline than in person, and I will admit I don't have it and neither does our daughter, even in my business, service updates and dealer meetings are all virtual as well, and I hate it. This virtual/home schooling is not doing many any favors and some a fault of their own and some not IMO

While I agree with you, I have seen videos of Police actively enforcing an obviously unconstitutional executive order and they weren't too remorseful. I would guess it's a tiny percentage of law enforcement that agrees with this crap. Probably about the same percentage that needs to be weeded out like the officer up in Minneapolis. 5% maybe?? not really sure but I"m sure it's minimal.

What shocks me is when I see ex-military or current military generals going against Trump and what he stands for. It blows me away that you can serve in the military and be against conservative values. Just like a politician claiming to be "a good Christian" and support abortion after the 3rd trimester or even after the baby was born (Pelosi). It doesn't add up. Sorry John If I went too far and pull it if you want.
    Well I guess my opinions on this are based off what I have experienced over the last 8 months. I also never base my opinions of what i see in videos online. You have no idea what the real truth is behind those videos.

Maybe we should set up an app that is virtual/in home snowmobiling?

You should meet my brother in law......You would probably have a heart attack. This is a guy who retired as a Colonel. And was on the front line in the middle east war zones at one time.

I've read all of the responses and it sounds like everyone unanimously agrees......Yes! Bars and restaurants and clubs should set up outdoor food stops so us sledders can keep our bellies full, stretch the legs, and get warmed up on those super cold days

Do you think firefighters love a good structure fire? Of course, they live for it, in spite of the loss of property.

Do you think paramedics enjoy at some level a nasty car wreck, and the work that goes into trying to save a life. Sure they do, in spite of the potential or ultimate loss of life.

Do you NOT think LEO's who enjoy the authority of their position and enforcement of the law, don't also enjoy the fact that there are now more laws to enforce and more authority to carry?

They "love" structure fires because they spend their entire career learning what to do to put them out. They get to do a part of their job that is much more interesting than responding to some doofus alarm guy that forgot to call in a test. This isn't ****ing Backdraft, where they go out and start them. Paramedics are a certain breed and although they might enjoy the "rush" of the situation, they don't really enjoy having peoples' lives in their hands. Most paramedics do their best to get off the ambulance. I'm not sure what bizarre world you live in, but most of the cops I know and have known just want to get through the day with as little BS as possible, do what they're required and expected to do, and then go home every night.

They "love" structure fires because they spend their entire career learning what to do to put them out. They get to do a part of their job that is much more interesting than responding to some doofus alarm guy that forgot to call in a test. This isn't ****ing Backdraft, where they go out and start them. Paramedics are a certain breed and although they might enjoy the "rush" of the situation, they don't really enjoy having peoples' lives in their hands. Most paramedics do their best to get off the ambulance. I'm not sure what bizarre world you live in, but most of the cops I know and have known just want to get through the day with as little BS as possible, do what they're required and expected to do, and then go home every night.
    Speaking from 25 years as a firefighter/paramedic... this ^^

Dust off crokpot and dig out some recipes and bring pizza oven.....3 more week ban.

Quote Originally Posted by eagle1 View Post
    Dust off crokpot and dig out some recipes and bring pizza oven.....3 more week ban.
    It was only extended for 12 more days.

Quote Originally Posted by eagle1 View Post
    Yeah I saw that 18 day extension. Then what?? Slippery slope ahead Idk what to think Whitmer is capable of doing? Closings don’t seem to bother her at all. Covid going to spread can’t stop it. Extension add up to businesses closing forever.

Quote Originally Posted by whitedust View Post
    Yeah I saw that 18 day extension. Then what?? Slippery slope ahead Idk what to think Whitmer is capable of doing? Closings don’t seem to bother her at all. Covid going to spread can’t stop it. Extension add up to businesses closing forever.
    she extended it 12 days to "gauge" Thanksgiving impact...watch what happens after Christmas and New Years. All these politicians continue to get paid, they could care less if you can buy groceries or not.

Thanksgiving impact. What she meant is the thousands and thousands of people shopping after Thanksgiving, but, you know resteraunts bad!
    Lake Effect Snow, my three favorite words.

Quote Originally Posted by latner View Post
    she extended it 12 days to "gauge" Thanksgiving impact...watch what happens after Christmas and New Years. All these politicians continue to get paid, they could care less if you can buy groceries or not.
    Ya Whitmers new game is short window extensions to try and avoid an outrage. Hopefully everyone will wise up and object to shut downs. If not Whitmer will continue to shut down restaurants and who knows what else?

I mentioned before and I'll say again...it's really a damn shame the kooks who wanted to kidnap/kill her didn't succeed

Quote Originally Posted by buddah2 View Post
    I mentioned before and I'll say again...it's really a damn shame the kooks who wanted to kidnap/kill her didn't succeed
    I wouldn’t go that far. But at sometime Whitmer should understand shutting down restaurants do little to stop Covid spread while she is chopping jobs and putting small businesses out of business forever. That’s the facts and I’m amazed Whitmer doesn’t change course Covid is going to spread no matter what so let restaurants open and try to survive the best they can. At this point in the pandemic no closings are going to stop the virus its too wide spread just take your chances wear a mask and wait for your turn to be vaccinated. I just don’t understand why Whitmer can’t understand the damage she is doing?

The answer is clear, it all about power.

Quote Originally Posted by whitedust View Post
    I wouldn’t go that far.
    But then you don't live here...consider this - the population density for Detroit is what? Around 4 people per sq ft? The population density for our county (Alger) is LESS THAN 2 people per square MILE...is it really "rational" to have the same rules for both?

CDC.... 3 feet apart now not 6 or 10, CDC... 7 day quarantine not 14, Doctor flip-flop... Schools need to be back to in person, Doctor flip-flop.... repeatedly stated we cant rush this vaccine production and that it should take up to 2 years to develop, now urging all americans to not be afraid of the "rushed" vaccine. Hey you so called "experts" with your "scientific data" WHICH IS IT?????? here in Wisconsin we are still seeing a quarter of new cases as compared to at and before Thanksgiving (the super spreader holiday) where is the BURST of new cases as a result of? Our family was one of the violators at thanksgiving and we are going to do it again for Christmas and that's with a nurse in the family. A stimulus package coming almost double of what it was before, hopefully we will be smarter about it this time and help those businesses truly in need and not allow the program to be pillaged! I have said it before, I fear the upcoming snowmobiling season for the far north woods, I not only hope we will be able to go as planned but I hope to stop at all the favorite ma and pa stops that rely heavily on winter and that they will be there for years to come. Has anyone heard anything about the flu??? is it nonexistent? seems to me I remember hearing it on average kills half a million people every year! with a "vaccine" well we have just dealt with it the last how many years, why should it be any different now! This has to stop and I hope the season will go on without a hitch!

68 healthy, with no underlying conditions, people have died in Wisconsin due to covid. 68.

Screenshot_20201207-175737_Facebook.jpg
    Lake Effect Snow, my three favorite words.

My father was an EMT. You are so far off base it isn't funny. He never wanted a bad day - and his stories of bad days were not what we looked forward to.

Quote Originally Posted by Skylar View Post
    68 healthy, with no underlying conditions, people have died in Wisconsin due to covid. 68.

Screenshot_20201207-175737_Facebook.jpg
    And ill bet that the number or people who have died as result of either lack of medical care or medical procedure and or depression due to loss of livelihood or just plain fear due to the end of the world media publicity is far more that the number of people who have died as a result of "covid" alone, I would just love to see those numbers but I guarantee there is a reason why we will never know those numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by buddah2 View Post
    But then you don't live here...consider this - the population density for Detroit is what? Around 4 people per sq ft? The population density for our county (Alger) is LESS THAN 2 people per square MILE...is it really "rational" to have the same rules for both?
    Its the same thing in MN.

Quote Originally Posted by Skylar View Post
    Just out of idle curiosity, how many healthy people with no underlying conditions died of seasonal flu during the same time period?

This winter is a great opportunity for nonprofit (Cub Scouts, Indian Guides, churches, snowmobile clubs) to acquire a temporary health department food service permit (free of charge to nonprofit) and set up a grill selling burgers/brats, hot chocolate, etc, at major trail intersections. Get a bonfire going and market your organization.
    Not everyone will want to go into a crowded bar knowing there are people from all over the midwest mingling with Covid.

This winter is a great opportunity for nonprofit (Cub Scouts, Indian Guides, churches, snowmobile clubs) to acquire a temporary health department food service permit (free of charge to nonprofit) and set up a grill selling burgers/brats, hot chocolate, etc, at major trail intersections. Get a bonfire going and market your organization.
    Not everyone will want to go into a crowded bar knowing there are people from all over the midwest mingling with Covid.
    Excellent idea. I know some will say its going to take away from the local establishments, but there are some for sure that will not go into a crowded bar. I think its a great opportunity for the snowmobile clubs to generate some cash flow.

Illinois bar and resturants are ordered closed by Prickster. But serval are disobeying and staying open. Why wont bars in UP do the same? When the trails are open and in good condioton they should open Whats the govornor going to do??

Quote Originally Posted by Yenann View Post
    Why wont bars in UP do the same? When the trails are open and in good condioton they should open Whats the govornor going to do??
    Its the threat of having their liquor and/or gaming licenses revoked.

Here in IL there is a local breakfast/lunch spot defying orders as they don't have either. They simply space the tables out accordingly and away we go. Those that don't feel comfortable can chose not to dine in, take out or simply avoid.

Quote Originally Posted by bonnevier View Post
    Its the threat of having their liquor and/or gaming licenses revoked.

Here in IL there is a local breakfast/lunch spot defying orders as they don't have either. They simply space the tables out accordingly and away we go. Those that don't feel comfortable can chose not to dine in, take out or simply avoid.
    like you said THREAT. I see no laws passed that can be enforced and take away licenses. I think a good layer can save a license. Several bars are open in Illinois not just resturants.

Quote Originally Posted by Yenann View Post
    Illinois bar and resturants are ordered closed by Prickster. But serval are disobeying and staying open. Why wont bars in UP do the same? When the trails are open and in good condioton they should open Whats the govornor going to do??
    Mess with the bull you get the horn. MI doesn't mess around with these violators. Look what happened to the Rockhouse and Mineshaft.
    https://www.uppermichiganssource.com...mit-suspended/