Thread: 200

Neenah, Wisconsin is about 40 miles south of Green Bay's Lambeau Field.

Default 200

That's how many times the Packers and the Bears have played, Sunday night will be 201. The Pack is a 7.5 point favorite but the Bears always play us tough. Should be a good game! First time this season they'll allow fans inside Lambeau, it won't be many but it's a start. Below freezing by kickoff with winds out of the northwest. Any thoughts?

Here's a video that's been around for years but it's still fun to see during Bears Week. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6ZkkViQ9gw

Go Pack

Default Highlights and Low Lifes

It's seem to me the 80's had the most intense games between the Bears and Packers. The Bears were so good and the Pack couldn't get out of their own way.

Packers 12, Bears 6 (September 7, 1980) With the score tied 66 and the game in overtime, Packers kicker Chester Marcol was called in to attempt a game-winning field goal. The Bears' Alan Page managed to break through and block the field goal, with the football hitting his helmet. The ball rebounded to Marcol, and, carrying the ball, he crossed the goal line to score the winning touchdown for the Packers.

Bears 61, Packers 7[14] (December 7, 1980) In the game, the Bears scored eight offensive touchdowns. After the Packers had suffered the second-most lopsided defeat in their history, Bart Starr charged across the field to confront Bears coach Neill Armstrong. Armstrong said after the game. "He did the talking and I did the listening. He said he'd rather not hear what I had to say, something to that effect, and he left." Two years later, Bill Tobin, the Bears' vice president of player personnel at the time, revealed that he had been instructed to study film and decode the Packers' signal system for relaying plays to the quarterback. Tobin, who had been in the Packers' front office during the Devine years, had been fired by Starr in 1975 as part of a wholesale housecleaning. "I went at it like a tiger does good meat," Tobin said at the time. "We wanted 100 points," defensive end Dan Hampton said. "It couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of ******."

Bears 23, Packers 7 (October 21, 1985) The world was introduced to rookie defensive lineman William "The Refrigerator" Perry on Monday Night Football. In goal line situations, Bears head coach Mike Ditka used Perry, who weighed roughly 300 lbs. in the fullback position. In the second quarter, "the Fridge" was given the ball and plunged into the end zone for one of the heaviest touchdowns in NFL history. The Bears won 237, and "The Fridge" was born.

Bears 16, Packers 10 (November 10, 1985) Before the game, the Packers placed horse manure in the Bears locker room. Two weeks after the Monday Night Game, tempers reached a boiling point in the rivalry. Packers cornerback Mark Lee was ejected after he and Bears running back Walter Payton went flying over a bench in the first quarter. A few minutes later, Packers safety Ken Stills was flagged for leveling Matt Suhey, Payton's backfield mate, well after the whistle.

Bears 12, Packers 10 (November 23, 1986) In Week 12 of the 1986 season Green Bay defensive tackle Charles Martin wore a towel with a hit list of specific Bears numbers written on it, such as No. 34 Walter Payton, No. 9 Jim McMahon, and others. Following a McMahon interception Martin came up from behind and body slammed him to the turf, separating McMahon's shoulder, ending the quarterback's season. Martin was suspended for two games, at the time the longest suspension in NFL history.[19]

NFL Kinda hard to get fired up about 2 and 1/2 hours of commercial's for a 1 hour game.. Maybe Slimcake has something to add about this having nothing to do about weather or snowmobiling.

Bears going back to Trubisky Foles has hip injury. Imo Bears would be better off to tank the rest of the season. No good QB , no Oline talent, no elite RB, Nagy below average coach. Bears need to rebuild their offense worst in the league. I would be very surprised if the Pack doesn’t win 2 from the Bears. Bears D is outstanding but can’t compensate for horrible O. I’m a long suffering Bear fan but this season and near future looks bleak. Tank time best outcome move up in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by chords View Post
    NFL Kinda hard to get fired up about 2 and 1/2 hours of commercial's for a 1 hour game.. Maybe Slimcake has something to add about this having nothing to do about weather or snowmobiling.

Tread lightly there buttercup..... I was thinking this would be a better topic for POLARISDAN!!!!!!!

Bears are going to do the same thing the Cats did to the Badgers last Saturday! WIN BABY!

Quote Originally Posted by gary_in_neenah View Post
    It's seem to me the 80's had the most intense games between the Bears and Packers. The Bears were so good and the Pack couldn't get out of their own way.
    [19]
    Flashing back to the last time Da Bears were relevant are we?

YES, a long 2 years ago when they won the NFC North!

Q: How do you stop a Bears player from masturbating?

A: Paint his d@#* green and gold and he won’t beat it for years...

People still watch the NFL?

Nope

Quote Originally Posted by gary_in_neenah View Post

Bears 12, Packers 10 (November 23, 1986) In Week 12 of the 1986 season Green Bay defensive tackle Charles Martin wore a towel with a hit list of specific Bears numbers written on it, such as No. 34 Walter Payton, No. 9 Jim McMahon, and others. Following a McMahon interception Martin came up from behind and body slammed him to the turf, separating McMahon's shoulder, ending the quarterback's season. Martin was suspended for two games, at the time the longest suspension in NFL history.[19]
    I remember watching this game and seeing this, play was over and everyone basically standing around and all of a sudden Martin picks McMahon up from behind and slams him to the turf. It was such a blatant attack on McMahon that it was almost criminal. I never thought the punishment was enough.

I was living in Green Bay the year of the "Horse Manure" game. At the time they were building a new water tower and the steel workers were from Chicago. A few days before the game they painted "Go Bears" on the tower for all to see. It's quite possible the horse manure was in retaliation. Of course the 85 Bears later rolled into the playoffs and won the Superbowl that season.

Sheboygan,Wi. Retirment home Lakewood, wi.

The bears still.. Do that thing

I’ve seen enough of the Nagy regime time for a change imo. Trubisky is a bust Foles never was great so bears need to draft another QB. Only way to do well in the draft is to tank the rest of the season. Good chance that Bears will lose remaining games no matter who plays QB but better for draft to lose out. Wait and see if media wants Nagys head but probably will have that agenda after next lost. Big changes coming soon at the top imo.

A dominating win for the Pack Without Hicks, the Bears' D was pretty average.

Interesting stat:
    Aaron Rodgers now has 51 career pass TD and a 105.3 passer rating against the Bears
    He also has 50 pass TD and a 108.5 passer rtg against the Vikings.

Momoney?

HA HA,,
    Momoney is closing the office's of the Mitch Trubisky fan club right about now.

Quote Originally Posted by snobuilder View Post
    Momoney?

Bears are entering an ugly period mainly due to the Trubisky bust. What FA will want to sign with Bears for next season? My guess none since Bears have no identity established. Clears as a bell no elite QB and the house cleaning will happen. How deep they clean is the question? I think Nagy is already gone but does Pace get fired too? Nagy should go now and I’m 50-50 on Pace keep or fire whatever is best. Imo delaying these firings only mucks up their current and future direction. The team quit on Nagy in the GB game and probably wants him gone too. Reality bites but to think this team will get to the playoffs is a pipe dream they don’t belong in the playoffs they suck and could lose all remaining games this season. Bears are a mess and 2020 is time to address problems their reorganization. I don’t even have faith Trubisky will be absorbed by another team so inaccurate and his offensive IQ is so low. Who wants him can have him for practically nothing as he will be a FA for 2021.

This is where I miss Polaris Dan. He always had an opinion on Trubisky and The Bears!!!

I think he hung himself

Quote Originally Posted by rp7x View Post
    I think he hung himself

Was he a plastic surgeon?

Quote Originally Posted by whitedust View Post
    ... Big changes coming soon at the top imo.
    Do you really think she's going to sell the team. They need everything new! Including owners!

Quote Originally Posted by xsledder View Post
    Do you really think she's going to sell the team. They need everything new! Including owners!
    I never said there would be any change of Bear ownership although way overdue. Changes I mentioned are Head coach regime and maybe GM. These changes are doable.

I never said there would be any change of Bear ownership although way overdue. Changes I mentioned are Head coach regime and maybe GM. These changes are doable.
    I know what you meant and I wasn't criticizing your post. I was having a little fun with a play on words and maybe some wishful thinking. Regardless, what the club really needs is a change of ownership and you hit on that point. They will continue to suck while the team is under the ownership of the old lady and family. You are right, she won't sell. She is making money giving all the stupid people in Chicago enough hope by changing up the head coach and GM every few years. She'll keep doing this dance until the fans won't show up anymore. She don't care about winning, just the money. She is only going to give enough to keep the fans coming and wishing. I keep hoping that someday Bears fans will wake up and quit going to games, forcing her to sell. (That is wishful thinking.)

I know what you meant and I wasn't criticizing your post. I was having a little fun with a play on words and maybe some wishful thinking. Regardless, what the club really needs is a change of ownership and you hit on that point. They will continue to suck while the team is under the ownership of the old lady and family. You are right, she won't sell. She is making money giving all the stupid people in Chicago enough hope by changing up the head coach and GM every few years. She'll keep doing this dance until the fans won't show up anymore. She don't care about winning, just the money. She is only going to give enough to keep the fans coming and wishing. I keep hoping that someday Bears fans will wake up and quit going to games, forcing her to sell. (That is wishful thinking.)
    The end of Nagy will be urgent if the Bears lose to the Lions on Sunday. It’s not likely but if it happens it’s the end of Nagy. Nagy has no answers to the terrible O and he’s been working on it all season. Of course Trubisky doesn’t help but Nagy was supposed to develop Trubisky into a super star and the guy plain stinks regresses with every game. You would think Trubisky would start to learn some defenses and know who is the hot receiver but he just doesn’t get it doesn’t appear he ever will. Imo Trubisky will be out of the NFL next year the biggest Bear bust ever. Bears need to somehow bring in a legit QB then the rebuild can happen. Who and how I have no idea but definitely the missing link to a wining team.

Want Kirk Cousins and his contract???

The end of Nagy will be urgent if the Bears lose to the Lions on Sunday. It’s not likely but if it happens it’s the end of Nagy. Nagy has no answers to the terrible O and he’s been working on it all season. Of course Trubisky doesn’t help but Nagy was supposed to develop Trubisky into a super star and the guy plain stinks regresses with every game. You would think Trubisky would start to learn some defenses and know who is the hot receiver but he just doesn’t get it doesn’t appear he ever will. Imo Trubisky will be out of the NFL next year the biggest Bear bust ever. Bears need to somehow bring in a legit QB then the rebuild can happen. Who and how I have no idea but definitely the missing link to a wining team.
    I agree but I think they missed their QB by not using Lynch from Northern Illinois as a normal QB and not a practice QB. I am no expert but it appears more often then not that the good college QBs with potential develop into better QBs in the NFL then the great, pre-Madonna QBs in college. Da Bears blew that! If they were smart, they be watching someone like Purdy at Iowa State who be available in 2022. Is he the best in college ball, no. But he is sure showing promise and developing. Iowa State is at there best in history ranking 12th. He probably hasn't peaked yet. Besides, the Bears have one of his old team mates already as a running back, Montgomery, and he is progressing pretty good. (Let's see how he comes back from the concussion.)

Back to my original point, the Bears will be stupid again and waste a pick on a high priced pre-Madonna college QB just to have them fail, instead of getting a good QB that can develop and using their 1st round draft pick to get a good supporting player. The "Da" in "Da Bears" is starting to mean something else. (Rant over.)

Possibly go down at the 2nd biggest bust in NFL history. Where he was picked,,, no other teams were angling up to get him. 17 games at North Carolina,, cmon. Meanwhile Watson was throwing for 900 yards in 2 National Championship games vs Nick Saban. I won't even mention that guy is KC. Mandarich was a bad pick but still had a 7 year career. I don't think Mitch will even warrant a back up position,, but maybe there's alot of bad backups in the league.

Forgot about him - just knew Mitch was going to be a star!

- - - Updated - - -

I agree but I think they missed their QB by not using Lynch from Northern Illinois as a normal QB and not a practice QB. I am no expert but it appears more often then not that the good college QBs with potential develop into better QBs in the NFL then the great, pre-Madonna QBs in college. Da Bears blew that! If they were smart, they be watching someone like Purdy at Iowa State who be available in 2022. Is he the best in college ball, no. But he is sure showing promise and developing. Iowa State is at there best in history ranking 12th. He probably hasn't peaked yet. Besides, the Bears have one of his old team mates already as a running back, Montgomery, and he is progressing pretty good. (Let's see how he comes back from the concussion.)

Back to my original point, the Bears will be stupid again and waste a pick on a high priced pre-Madonna college QB just to have them fail, instead of getting a good QB that can develop and using their 1st round draft pick to get a good supporting player. The "Da" in "Da Bears" is starting to mean something else. (Rant over.)
    I think Mitch was supposed to be the needle in a haystack guy. I mean he only had half a season of college experience. The guys they passed up were the college superstars. Although I'm not sure anyone would do well behind that line and with Nagy calling the plays.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
    Forgot about him - just knew Mitch was going to be a star!

- - - Updated - - -

I think Mitch was supposed to be the needle in a haystack guy. I mean he only had half a season of college experience. The guys they passed up were the college superstars. Although I'm not sure anyone would do well behind that line and with Nagy calling the plays.
    It’s football IQ with Trubisky bad O line is a problem but you throw the ball to the hot receiver like Rogers does so well. Rogers would take the sack , throw the ball away or loft to the hot receiver in single coverage. Trubisky constantly throws the ball into double and triple coverage which is sooo disappointing to the fans and the entire team. You see that throughout each game year after year and a player will lose his enthusiasm quickly. The Detroit game is the acid test this week for Nagy the Bears lose or lay another turd and heads will roll for a coaching change. The old lady won’t tolerate a Bears team that quits while losing.

Bears....where QB careers go to die...

Da bears

Sheboygan,Wi. Retirment home Lakewood, wi.

Still suck

It’s regime change time GM on down now or after last game but it’s over. Bears are a difficult team to manage not much to work with on cap space and no elite QB to build around. If Trubisky had worked out a giant piece of the puzzle would be in place. Whoever takes over needs to find an elite QB then build around him. Imo Pace should have kept Fangio let him bring in his Offensive coach since the D was his guys and his schemes no one better at D. Idk who will get the nod in Chicago but not a good situation right now. Strong possibility Bears won’t win another game this year. Allen Robinson obviously doesn’t expect to be here didn’t put his head down for yardage on crucial third down. Players imo looking to be on another team next year not willing to play hard now. It is what it is ugly and needs new blood everywhere.

Name changed to "Duh! Bears"

Be careful what you wish for...Harbaugh is on the move!

Ya’all still watching football or just bitching about trespassers and shutdowns?
    Big packer bears game on top. Lot at stake.
    Michelle got the bears playing solid.
    The way Rodgers and Offense is playing I think they can still put up 30 plus don’t know if the bears O can keep pace.
    This is going to be a better game than what it seemed a month ago.

GO PACK GO

Yes this is a meaningful game for both teams. Older QBs DO NOT want to play in GB in January. Peyton said cold weather was soooo difficult to play in his last year he would stiffen up just wasn’t as effective as he was in warmer weather. I think the Pack will win this game by what spread is unknown. If Da Bears get blown out possible changes top to bottom and could be a dumpster sale. If very competitive game the Bears will look to the draft to bolster weak positions possibly the O line although the current members have played pretty well especially in the 2nd half after D line has worn down a bit. 2021 Bear QB is a complete unknown Trubisky is a FA and perhaps the Bears have had enough. I could see the Bears signing a good veteran QB or trade for one. Drafting a QB project will eject Trubisky or Foles for sure probably not the best solution to win now. I’ll enjoy this game as will define future direction of both teams and as far as the organizations go this game is much more important for the Bears.

I think the Bears wanted it more but Green Bay has too many weapons. The Bears still make the playoffs. The Pack takes the week off and then hosts the playoffs at Lambeau. This year is already better than 2020.

Upon my arm chair quarterback opinion of the game today, it seems to me that the bears almost had a chance to win there, they were only down by five points for some time and then our fearless leader quarterback had to throw an interception and then Rogers took us to the cleaners, well we’ll see what happens next week but we do we have until next year to figure things out

The only difference in that game was one QB could throw the ball down field at will and the other can't.

To beat the Pack you have to score TDS from the red zone not field goals. Rogers knowledge and ability to read defenses in the red zone is soooo important to scoring TDs. Trubisky played as well as he can seems to be bumping his ceiling at least with Nagy. Imo Trubisky would do much better as a roll out passer simular to Mayfield drop back not his thing too complicated for him. I’m not sure what the Bears will do with him certainly won’t pay Trubisky big bucks as long as Nagy is coach. Imo drop back passer offense is dated got to have coach and QB that can scheme run pass options. Rogers legs takes what he can get will move when he has to Russel Wilson is simular Wilson runs more and throws a beautiful long ball. 2 of the best QBs in the game that others will be compared. Allen has developed into a heck of a QB too. All of them can throw the long ball. Trubisky idk sure has talents but can’t seem to avoid the game killer picks. Trubisky had a bunch of picks dropped yesterday by Pack. If the Pack caught those balls Trubisky would have had a horrible game. I have to wonder what Chicago O coaches are thinking today. Lol

Just my 2 cents here; I think Mitch would be a fine back-up somewhere and I'd be surprised if he's still playing for Chicago next season. Some times a change of scenery is all that's needed and with the right coach and system he could develop into something more.

...And according to John's forecast it could be cold and snowy by the time the games come to Lambeau. Go Packers!

Rumors are Bears coach and GM changes are being considered if they can attract KC management personnel. It will take time since KC in playoffs for the long haul. Bears don’t have a lot of cap room so not sure if players will change just bring in right coach that can get results. QB will be the big change imo and expect both Foles and Trubisky to be traded or released.

The Vikes will trade you Cousins and Dan Bailey, for Mitchie T. and a used ball bag.

Rumors are Bears coach and GM changes are being considered if they can attract KC management personnel. It will take time since KC in playoffs for the long haul. Bears don’t have a lot of cap room so not sure if players will change just bring in right coach that can get results. QB will be the big change imo and expect both Foles and Trubisky to be traded or released.
    Nagy already came from KC would they try that again?

Quote Originally Posted by goofy600 View Post
    Nagy already came from KC would they try that again?
    That exactly is the connection very good working rapport with this new individual between Nagy and new GM. Pace may not be that close to Nagy but players like Nagy. Pace doesn’t necessarily depart could move up to president replace Ted Phillips would retire certainly been in presidential role way too long. Pace picked Trubisky that came out in the wash Fox liked Watson and Mahomes. Pace later round draft picks have panned out well but bombed on Trubisky cost him dearly. Trubisky definitely has talent but football IQ is very low..... who knew? Imo you draft arm first , then legs , then size you assume football IQ is there but in Trubiskys case Pace was star struck on a very small sample size and lack of experience really shows in Trubiskys development. Who knows maybe Trubisky will figure it all out in time the one thing GMs and coaches don’t have. Obviously this is speculation the rumors in the wind anything can happen but wherever there is smoke there is fire. We’ll know within a month. For sure Pagono is gone too much D talent for D not to be 1-3 that’s bad coaching to slip downward under Pagono.
    Last edited by whitedust; 01-04-2021 at 09:58 PM.

Packers 30-17 over rams.
    Rams can’t score enough to keep up
    All pack has to do is contain Akers. Goff ain’t beating us.

Hope you're right, Timo. My concern is every once and while the Packers come out flat to start the game, can't tackle, penalties, etc. Let's hope Coach L. has them ready to play.

Just had a thought, considering all the C-R-*-P we've been through in the past year, Packer Football has been one of the few positives we've had to hang our hats on. Go Packers! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DVE...t=RDMM&index=1

I agree with Timo. I think the Packers will beat the Rams by 10 points or more. The local sportscasters are predicting a victory but only by 3 to 6 points. Of course, the Pack must play almost mistake free football. If they can do that, #12 will slice them up.