Default polaris and zero motorcycles team up

kind of old news last sept
    but i just read about it in Dirt Wheels this month
    https://www.theverge.com/2020/9/29/2...le-snowmobiles

I saw that too. Hope we see the technology make it in to sleds in next 5 years.

Has anyone rode in or driven a electric vehicle? felt the acceleration? you have to wonder how they will be able to apply that instant power to the ground and still have enough traction, look at what we have now to obtain traction and still can be insufficient, also if and when we see an electric snowmobile can you imagine the weight?

I drove a zero bike last fall for a few days on a demo. Probably put close to 100 miles on it. All I can say is WOW! The acceleration is unbelievable, the power instant and linear...it is crazy. The bike handles great and is so quiet it is kind of creepy. For comparison I currently ride a Harley electra and a Ducati ST3

Quote Originally Posted by euphoric1 View Post
    Has anyone rode in or driven a electric vehicle? felt the acceleration? you have to wonder how they will be able to apply that instant power to the ground and still have enough traction, look at what we have now to obtain traction and still can be insufficient, also if and when we see an electric snowmobile can you imagine the weight?
    Clutching, how you control the current to the motor will be the key to traction and until someone can invent the lightweight battery no one want them. We would have had electric vehicles years ago but still waiting on battery technology, which is getting better, but not there yet.

Quote Originally Posted by goofy600 View Post
    Clutching, how you control the current to the motor will be the key to traction and until someone can invent the lightweight battery no one want them. We would have had electric vehicles years ago but still waiting on battery technology, which is getting better, but not there yet.
    yes batteries have come a very long way in very short time and once in a while you hear a whisper of even new technology coming, will be interesting to see even how they do it with clutching because you still have instantaneous power without the lag and consistent power throughout, the ev's I have been in there is no power band just POWER! all this new technology is cool but... I hope as long as I ride I will still be riding my two smokes...or I mean two strokes!! nothing beats that sound and will never get tired of the smell especially first fire up of the season.

I prefer vroom vroom noises.

Quote Originally Posted by carbide View Post
    i prefer vroom vroom noises.
    right!! X100!!